Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2016, 19:21   #5896
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

S-Cross 1.6 : Air filter cleaning

I have driven around 7000 KM and checked my air filter today. Back side of the air filter has soft material and looks dirty. How to clean it? I used to clean with high pressure air/ hitting against wall. But, the back side of the filter still looks dirty.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161017wa0010.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161017wa0012.jpg  

Old 17th October 2016, 19:56   #5897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
... The appeal of dark metallic colours on cars is bound to be diminished, in a year or two, to a good extent due to swirls and hazy reflections which makes for a lower resale value and a not-so-happy feeling overall...
This is a myth. There is nothing a good wax & polish once a year can't take care of. My RED Swift used to be parked in open spaces and exposed to all elements. I used to do a wash once in 2 weeks and used to get a 3M polishing done every year. The car looked as good as new even after 4 years. This was a surprise for me as Maruti's factory paint finish has no great reviews compared to say, VW etc.

Edit:: What can be a real damage is bird poo! I have first hand account of this on my Palio which has DuPont paint! We just need to ensure this is washed off as quickly as possible to avoid max damage. The bird excreta is acidic and if we let it dry off and remain for long, it can cause substantial damage.

Edit 2::
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Completed 3rd free service at ~9700 kms. More details on my thread.

Total bill - 3730 /- INR. Is this a normal amount or lower than standard 10k kms service amount?...
Looks like a very reasonable amount for the S-Cross. I paid 3500/- for regular servicing (10K kms) of my Swift D in 2009. I just noticed you even had a AC filter change which I didn't have for the Swift. Can you give a complete break up? Does the S-Cross take 3.1L of engine oil or more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
....I have driven around 7000 KM and checked my air filter today. Back side of the air filter has soft material and looks dirty. How to clean it? I used to clean with high pressure air/ hitting against wall. But, the back side of the filter still looks dirty.
As long as it's functioning proper, leave aside the "cosmetic" part of it. I don't think there is a solution than washing it which I believe will be damaging the filter.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th October 2016 at 20:14. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 10:12   #5898
Senior - BHPian

Bug report of the Touchscreen system in S-Cross:
  • When on Bluetooth mode and phone is connected, the MODE button on the steering becomes non-functional. Pressing the button does not change mode.
  • Radio hangs sometimes on one channel, if I try to change stations using arrow keys a little rapidly. It restores back to normal after 10-15 seconds.
  • Sound settings (Bass, Treble) reset 3/10 times.
  • Clock lags when on Manual mode. Best is to put the clock on GPS mode. But default is manual, hence I was worried that the clock had gone kaput.
  • It is a little sluggish overall. Sometimes, when I switch from reverse gear to first, the lines of the camera screen remain on the screen for few seconds.
  • I still cannot figure out the way to use the 4th quadrant. None of the SAs at service center are aware.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 11:23   #5899
BHPian

Quote:
[*]I still cannot figure out the way to use the 4th quadrant. None of the SAs at service center are aware.
Hi Ajay, I have successfully connected by Samsung S6 Edge to the car using Mirrorlink. You phone should have Samsung Car Mode installed for this to work - The phone should be in car mode for mirroring to happen. I always have my phone connected to the car using Bluetooth. Not sure if this is mandatory for mirroring.

One very important thing is, we need to give the phone some time to connect and mirror - it is not instantaneous. Initially, I too thought it is not working - the phone screen will show "Connecting" for sometime and still it would not be mirrored and I would disconnect. But if you give the system a few minutes, it connects and mirrors well.

The only issue is Google Maps is not mirrored So, for me, it kills the purpose.
Old 18th October 2016, 11:54   #5900
BANNED

Any S-Cross owner with this 7' infotainment system, has a OnePlus One? How friendly is this mobile with this infotainment system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hi Ajay, I have successfully connected by Samsung S6 Edge to the car using Mirrorlink.
Any images buddy post Mirror Link? Thanks in advance.

I have a few questions:

1) What is this Car Mode and where in the Settings can one find this? I have a OnePlus One. Not sure if I remember seeing this mode anywhere.

2) Is the primary connection mode Bluetooth or WiFi?

3) Basic advantages and disadvantages of this Mirror Link.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th October 2016 at 11:56.
Old 18th October 2016, 11:57   #5901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Hi Ajay, I have successfully connected by Samsung S6 Edge to the car using Mirrorlink. You phone should have Samsung Car Mode installed for this to work - The phone should be in car mode for mirroring to happen. I always have my phone connected to the car using Bluetooth. Not sure if this is mandatory for mirroring.

One very important thing is, we need to give the phone some time to connect and mirror - it is not instantaneous. Initially, I too thought it is not working - the phone screen will show "Connecting" for sometime and still it would not be mirrored and I would disconnect. But if you give the system a few minutes, it connects and mirrors well.

The only issue is Google Maps is not mirrored So, for me, it kills the purpose.
I had infact installed the Samsung Car Mode and tried doing it. But, as you mentioned, it takes long time to mirror. I used to lose patience and disconnect the phone. Let me give it a try again.

As you said rightly, if Maps don't mirror, it is as good (bad) as useless for us. The in-built navigation is nowhere near the fantastic Google Maps.
Old 18th October 2016, 12:11   #5902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Any S-Cross owner with this 7' infotainment system, has a OnePlus One? How friendly is this mobile with this infotainment system?

I have a few questions:

1) What is this Car Mode and where in the Settings can one find this? I have a OnePlus One. Not sure if I remember seeing this mode anywhere.

OPO doesn't support Android Auto. You won't be able to connect it. The 4th quadrant is for Android Auto enabled Androids or Apple Car Play for iPhones.
Old 18th October 2016, 14:30   #5903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I have a few questions:

I am in office now. Will try to post some pics tonight

Coming to your questions,

1) The "Car Mode" I was telling is a Samsung App which removes the fancy interface and makes the interface car friendly with big icons and very few apps usable. When we connect to Mirrorlink, the interface becomes Landscape mode and the phone screen is duplicated on the touchscreen monitor of the infotainment system. This app also reads out the name of the caller / SMS sender if you get a call / SMS.

2) The primary connection mode is USB and I am not sure if Bluetooth is required or not. As I said, I do not use it as Google Maps is not available in Mirrorlink.

3) Advantage: I am not sure - maybe the option to control your phone using the bigger touchscreen. Disadvantage: No Google Maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
OPO doesn't support Android Auto. You won't be able to connect it. The 4th quadrant is for Android Auto enabled Androids or Apple Car Play for iPhones.
Buddy, S-Cross infotainment system does not support Android Auto - it supports Mirrorlink for non-Apple phones and Car Play for iPhones. Mirrorlink is a third party application that mirrors the phone to the infotainment system. Android Auto would have been excellent to have in the infotainment system as I am sure that will support Google Maps.
Old 18th October 2016, 20:58   #5904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had infact installed the Samsung Car Mode and tried doing it. But, as you mentioned, it takes long time to mirror. I used to lose patience and disconnect the phone. Let me give it a try.
Sorry. It just doesn't work for me. I have done all possible things. It just keeps connecting and connecting and connecting...

Bluetooth ON
Car Mode ON
Mirror Link ON
Connected to USB

Is your firmware updated? I dont think mine is. I mean Scross' firmware.

What to do?
Old 18th October 2016, 21:40   #5905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bug report of the Touchscreen system in S-Cross:
  • When on Bluetooth mode and phone is connected, the MODE button on the steering becomes non-functional. Pressing the button does not change mode.
  • Radio hangs sometimes on one channel, if I try to change stations using arrow keys a little rapidly. It restores back to normal after 10-15 seconds.
  • Sound settings (Bass, Treble) reset 3/10 times.
  • Clock lags when on Manual mode. Best is to put the clock on GPS mode. But default is manual, hence I was worried that the clock had gone kaput.
  • It is a little sluggish overall. Sometimes, when I switch from reverse gear to first, the lines of the camera screen remain on the screen for few seconds.
  • I still cannot figure out the way to use the 4th quadrant. None of the SAs at service center are aware.
The mode button works for me even when I am playing a song via bluetooth. The settings also have not reset for me unless I manually fiddle with it. Regarding mirror link, I am not able to try it as my phone does not yet support mirror link, so no idea on that one.

Has pointing these to the SA helped during service? Mine has run only ~3800 kms till date so I have *touchwood* not faced these issues so far.
Old 21st October 2016, 00:09   #5906
BHPian

I had booked a Brezza ZDI on 5th September 2016 as a replacement to my Quanto after considering Aspire, Ciaz and Ertiga. I was promised that the car will be delivered in November. I called up the dealer on 13th of October and they said the car will be delivered by end of December.

I could not wait till December end as I was left with no car since the Quanto was sold in September. I started looking at alternatives and thought about buying Ertiga, then suddenly one car came to my mind - The S-Cross. I never considered S-Cross while shopping for the replacement car, the primary reason being the look and then the price tag. I searched Team-BHP and read this thread and a few ownership reports and found S-Cross to be a good car compared to Brezza. I decided to do test drive and after test drive I liked the car (DDIS 200). My wife also liked the car except the visual appeal. I decided to do one more test drive of Brezza and after the second test drive I was pretty convinced that S-Cross 1.3 (DDiS 200) is far better than Brezza.

Now it was the battle between the variants. My Budget - 10L

Sigma - 9.5L OTR. No features, but can add ICE, alloys etc and be within the budget.
Delta - 10.4L OTR. I can buy this if I stretch my budget a little but the feature list is not convincing.
Zeta - 11L OTR. VFM variant. Has all features except some luxuries like Projector headlamps, auto head light, auto wipers, leather seats etc. But this is out of my budget.
1.3 Alpha & 1.6 Alpha - Not even looked at them as they are too much costly for me.

After considering all aspects, I decided to stretch my budget by 1 L and booked 1.3 Zeta. The dealer has offered Rs. 10,000/- corporate discount and Rs. 15,000/- worth accessories as dealer discount.

Now can anybody tell me if the deal is ok. Is there a scope to get further discounts?
Old 21st October 2016, 00:45   #5907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Delta - 10.4L OTR. I can buy this if I stretch my budget a little but the feature list is not convincing.
Zeta - 11L OTR. VFM variant. Has all features except some luxuries like Projector headlamps, auto head light, auto wipers, leather seats etc. But this is out of my budget.
1.3 Alpha & 1.6 Alpha - Not even looked at them as they are too much costly for me.
I was in the same boat as you. I am surprised to see the price difference between the Delta 1.3 and Zeta 1.3 at your place. Here in Delhi, the difference is 1.3L in OTR prices. Shouldn't it the be the other way around?

I don't think there are any discounts going on now apart from the ones you have mentioned. I exchanged my old car for a Grey Delta 1.3. I got 1.2L for my old car + 20K discount.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 01:56   #5908
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry. It just doesn't work for me. I have done all possible things. It just keeps connecting and connecting and connecting...

Bluetooth ON
Car Mode ON
Mirror Link ON
Connected to USB

Is your firmware updated? I dont think mine is. I mean Scross' firmware.

What to do?
Really sorry Ajay. But, even I was not able to make it work yesterday. After posting the last time, I tried Tuesday night and it worked. But I didn't have my camera handy to take pics - the phone camera goes off while we connect using Mirrorlink. Yesterday I went down to my parking with the camera and tried to connect again - and magically - it never connected. I tried in vain for 2 hours and no luck. I have no clue what I was missing or what actually went wrong. The phone display would say "Phone is connected to car" but the Infotainment system would say "No smartphone connected". I have NO clue what went wrong. Will try tomorrow and update.

And yes, the infotainment system was updated during the second service to have Apple Carplay. I don't think there was any update after that.

Last edited by Vigkey : 21st October 2016 at 01:57.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 02:19   #5909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I am surprised to see the price difference between the Delta 1.3 and Zeta 1.3 at your place. Here in Delhi, the difference is 1.3L in OTR prices. Shouldn't it the be the other way around?
Here in Kerala, the OTR price for Delta & Zeta are 10.4 L and 11 L respectively. The 60K premium for Zeta is worth it.

Quote:
I don't think there are any discounts going on now apart from the ones you have mentioned. I exchanged my old car for a Grey Delta 1.3. I got 1.2L for my old car + 20K discount.
Ok, thanks for the info
Old 21st October 2016, 13:51   #5910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
SE offered us good discount. He also offered 10K worth free accessories apart from basic accessories like door mats mud flap etc...
Hi Mr.O, Can you please tell me the discount offered, other than the free accessories. I am I have booked S-Cross 1.3 Zeta at Thrissur, and they have offered me Rs. 10K cash discount and told will try to get a dealer discount in the form of free accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks