Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2016, 09:29   #6106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Why are you trying to sell your S-Cross? What is the odometer reading? I am surprised that people are not even ready to buy the 1.3. Are you not exchanging your car?
I'm relocating to Europe for work for the next 3 years and can't see how I can let such a beauty lay idle for that long, hence the sale.
Old 15th November 2016, 10:48   #6107
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hey Guys, Remember the MVP voucher (worth 16000) that Maruti had given post the price reduction for the 1.3 models. I came to know that I was not eligible for this voucher as I had taken extended warranty. Now Maruti has offered accessories worth 16000. I want your advise on what I can select. I already have seat covers. I enquired if I can get projector head lamps which is not an accessory. Here are the options I have selected -

1. Subwoofer 17990, will work with the existing ICE
2. Android video entertainment system with a 8 inch display - 19990, this will be fixed on the backrest of the front passenger seat
3. Cool Box, Dicky Chrome, Door Chrome Beeding, Door Visor, Bumper Protector, Body Cover and cool box 8 liters

What do you think, which is the best option of the above, or would you suggest something else?
Old 15th November 2016, 12:39   #6108
BHPian

Both me and my father took a long test drive on this car and the performance ( 1.6L ) is brutishly strong . I ride a Ktm 390 so no stranger to quick pick up but this car is perhaps the only car I have driven so far that got me a taste of real acceleration ( I of course have never driven more powerful cars say BMW etc ) , I didn't find the creta anywhere near as exciting though my test ride on that was through more congested roads . Since the purchase was for my father , he eventually opted for the Elantra but the S-Cross otherwise was the 2nd choice .

Another thing that surprised all of us including even my mother is the handling and the way the car grips the road in triple digit speeds . It also a very comfortable car(my mom remarked - it is like Innova ) though the the fit and finish of the interior should have been better .

We were also very very pleased with Nexa sales rep as well - not even once throughout the 30km+ test ride or the next day at the showroom did the man once impose on us to take a decision . Not even once did he badmouth the other cars we were considering (We were since start trying to choose a sedan ) . My father at 55 may not care much for performance and always wanted the premium sedan but when my turn arrives , it is Nexa that will be my first stop .
basuroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 18:56   #6109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Hey Guys, Remember the MVP voucher (worth 16000) that Maruti had given post the price reduction for the 1.3 models. I came to know that I was not eligible for this voucher as I had taken extended warranty. Now Maruti has offered accessories worth 16000.
Satish - Can you please elaborate how you got this 16k offer? Did Maruti inform you about this on their own or you negotiated for it? I was also told that I am not eligible for the MVP voucher.
Old 15th November 2016, 21:54   #6110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Satish - Can you please elaborate how you got this 16k offer? Did Maruti inform you about this on their own or you negotiated for it? I was also told that I am not eligible for the MVP voucher.

I have been following up with Maruti for a very long time through emails. Only last week I got a call from the dealership informing me that this offer has been offered by Maruti to all customers who were earlier not eligible for MCP.

I think you should call your RM and check.
Old 15th November 2016, 23:52   #6111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Here are the options I have selected -

1. Subwoofer 17990, will work with the existing ICE
2. Android video entertainment system with a 8 inch display - 19990, this will be fixed on the backrest of the front passenger seat
3. Cool Box, Dicky Chrome, Door Chrome Beeding, Door Visor, Bumper Protector, Body Cover and cool box 8 liters

What do you think, which is the best option of the above,...
If these are your shortlisted items, I personally prefer the subwoofer. Try to negotiate the price and get it for 16K itself. But then, you might need to get it done with a reputed ICE guy rather than the service centre guys.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 08:51   #6112
BHPian

Got my car back from service yesterday. The bill came up to Rs. 6950 for third free service. The rear axle beam, front disc,l break, brake pads, clutch assembly were replaced under warranty. Today, as I was taking the car out, a grinding noise kept coming. It was as though two metals were in contact and grinding. Also noticed my two spare bulbs weren't there in the car. Immediately called the service advisor and reported both the problems. He told he'll send a person and check about the bulbs. This is really frustrating. My Nexa experience has been quite bad. And my service cost for Jetta, for 15000 kms was only slightly higher. I'm sure if S- cross was a VW car it would received bashing all around. Repenting my decision, should have gone with vento Tsi. Neither is my car reliable nor pocket friendly.
Old 16th November 2016, 09:36   #6113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
Got my car back from service yesterday. The bill came up to Rs. 6950 for third free service. The rear axle beam, front disc,l break, brake pads, clutch assembly were replaced under warranty. Today, as I was taking the car out, a grinding noise kept coming. It was as though two metals were in contact and grinding. Also noticed my two spare bulbs weren't there in the car. Immediately called the service advisor and reported both the problems. He told he'll send a person and check about the bulbs. This is really frustrating. My Nexa experience has been quite bad. And my service cost for Jetta, for 15000 kms was only slightly higher. I'm sure if S- cross was a VW car it would received bashing all around. Repenting my decision, should have gone with vento Tsi. Neither is my car reliable nor pocket friendly.
If the parts were replaced under warranty, then what is the cost of 6950 for? Did you get the engine oil changed?
Old 16th November 2016, 10:37   #6114
BHPian

Quote:
Also noticed my two spare bulbs weren't there in the car. Immediately called the service advisor and reported both the problems. He told he'll send a person and check about the bulbs.
Can anyone shade more light on this? The given bulbs are headlight bulbs or something else? I guess i have to search my car for extra bulbs now My one fog lamp is not working and they quoted 550rs for new bulb.
Old 16th November 2016, 11:22   #6115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Can anyone shade more light on this? The given bulbs are headlight bulbs or something else? I guess i have to search my car for extra bulbs now My one fog lamp is not working and they quoted 550rs for new bulb.
Bulb replacement is usually always DIY, and if it is hard to access, any FNG can do it. A.S.S always charges an arm and a leg for such things (all brands), better to always go for parts in open market for these generic spare parts.
Old 16th November 2016, 16:44   #6116
BHPian

Folks, a quick question. What is the service interval for S Cross? My understanding was 1K, 5K, 10K and every 10K there after. I completed my 10K service three months back and is now at 18K. I got a call from Bimal Maruti that my 15K service is due. When I asked them about the service intervals, I was informed that the service interval is 5K and 10K is just the oil change interval. Any thoughts?
Old 16th November 2016, 16:51   #6117
BHPian

Quote:
If the parts were replaced under warranty, then what is the cost of 6950 for? Did you get the engine oil changed?
The cost was for oil, oil filter, wheel alignment and balancing and wiper blades. Other than wiper blades, others were mandatory is what I was informed.

Quote:
The bulbs were the one I had replaced soon after purchase. I had installed osram bulbs and had kept the original bulbs in the glove box. It's sad when someone steals it at a service centre. The whole trust of leaving your car at the service centre is lost.

The service advisor had again called me back and informed me not to worry about the noise and keep driving. The noise disappeared after driving about 500 metres and hasn't appeared again. He told, may be it's because of the new set of brakes. They've screwed up wheel balancing and alignment. The steering needs to be kept to the left to go straight. It was perfect earlier.
Old 16th November 2016, 16:53   #6118
BANNED

Quote:
Got my car back from service yesterday. The bill came up to Rs. 6950 for third free service.
Can you please post the bill of the service done. Will make things clear regarding that 6950 bucks that you paid.

Quote:
Can anyone shade more light on this? The given bulbs are headlight bulbs or something else?
Generally Maruti gives two headlight bulbs in the car during delivery which is kept in the glove box. Not sure if they provide in the S-Cross.

Check your 'Delivery Checklist' to find if bulbs were provided or no.

Quote:
My one fog lamp is not working and they quoted 550rs for new bulb.
It can be done as a DIY.

Using the panel/trim removing tool, open the fog lamp housing from the points indicated in the image.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-marutiscross15.jpg

This removes that shroud where you can gain access to the fog lamp assembly.

Just use a star screwdriver and pull the assembly out. Once out just turn the bulb clockwise and it comes free. Get a new bulb from MGP and replace it.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 17:39   #6119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Folks, a quick question. What is the service interval for S Cross? My understanding was 1K, 5K, 10K and every 10K there after. I completed my 10K service three months back and is now at 18K. I got a call from Bimal Maruti that my 15K service is due. When I asked them about the service intervals, I was informed that the service interval is 5K and 10K is just the oil change interval. Any thoughts?
No, the service interval is 10k after 10,000 kms. It is just to get your car in their garage and charge labour for mostly unwanted stuff. In fact, if anything it is better to get the oil changed every 5k kms and the rest can be at intervals of 10k. But Engine oil change is not going to give them too much profit isn't it.

Next time, they call up, ask them why Maruti does not give this in their service booklet and ask them to show it in writing that service interval is 5k and not 10k
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 17:40   #6120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...My one fog lamp is not working and they quoted 550rs for new bulb.
Fog lights are expensive. Also, please ensure you check the brightness of the new one after installation. One of my fog lamps were replaced only to see it was far inferior to the stock bulbs. Since I used it much later and during a long drive, I couldn't fight with them for a replacement.

I don't remember, but the new ones were of a different brand though OEM (one was Mico Bosch).

Quote:
The cost was for oil, oil filter, wheel alignment and balancing and wiper blades. Other than wiper blades, others were mandatory is what I was informed...
Wheel balancing & rotation is not mandatory! Now since they screwed it, get them to fix it please, even if it takes 100 tries.

I think it's time for you to engage Maruti customer care if issues are not resolved to your satisfaction. We allow MA$$ to charge more for that 'perfection'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Please read through the user manual and everything about service intervals & replacements are listed clearly. There is no check up / service at 15K interval.

Did you ask them what's the difference between service interval and oil change interval?

------------

General note to all car owners :: Please read your user manual once you get your vehicle. That has more than enough information about your car including service details (except cost ofcourse). If you don't, you are making it easy for the dealers to fleece you.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th November 2016 at 17:45.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks