Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2016, 17:33   #6241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Please help me understand...
Exchange bonus - Does this mean, one can get extra 40K if they trade in old car with S Cross or what does that mean?

Basic Accessories in Chennai is Rs 6765 covering floor mat, mud flaps, number plates & car cover
Yes that is right, you get an additional 40k. There might be a loyalty bonus as well, if you trade in a Maruti car
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 17:38   #6242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Yes that is right, you get an additional 40k. There might be a loyalty bonus as well, if you trade in a Maruti car
Wouldn't the old car be taken in by some independent used car who has unofficial tie up with Nexa? In that case, I'm not sure how the loyalty bonus works. Any idea pls?

Also any idea what is "LOYALTY CARD" & RTI? Rs 1150 for loyalty card remains the same for all models & the RTI changes like 924 for 1.3 Sigma & 1210 for 1.3 Alpha & 1370 for 1.6 Alpha
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 17:51   #6243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't the old car be taken in by some independent used car who has unofficial tie up with Nexa? In that case, I'm not sure how the loyalty bonus works. Any idea pls?

Also any idea what is "LOYALTY CARD" & RTI? Rs 1150 for loyalty card remains the same for all models & the RTI changes like 924 for 1.3 Sigma & 1210 for 1.3 Alpha & 1370 for 1.6 Alpha
I am guessing that the car we give to Maruti is sold via their True Value dealership itself. And loyalty bonus is usually given to push the "cat on the wall" folks towards buying the same brand again. I was given a loyalty bonus when I went to look for a Ciaz as I was planning to trade in my Swift. But there was no such bonus given when I bought the S-Cross.

With respect to Loyalty card and RTI, I have no idea, will leave it to others to comment.
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 18:12   #6244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was given a loyalty bonus when I went to look for a Ciaz as I was planning to trade in my Swift. But there was no such bonus given when I bought the S-Cross
Oh!! Why is that?

Quote:
With respect to Loyalty card and RTI, I have no idea, will leave it to others to comment.
ok; thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 00:09   #6245
BHPian

Quote:
Oh!! Why is that?
The same case was with my Swift. In my case even the owner of nexa, Maruti and true value showrooms was same. The justification they gave was that S-Cross is sold under the 'premium' nexa brand and as a result even the additional discounts are not given. They even gave an example of a dealership being penalised a sum of 5 lakh rupees for offering additional discount on a S-Cross.
eddy481 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 09:57   #6246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy481 View Post
The same case was with my Swift. In my case even the owner of nexa, Maruti and true value showrooms was same. The justification they gave was that S-Cross is sold under the 'premium' nexa brand and as a result even the additional discounts are not given. They even gave an example of a dealership being penalised a sum of 5 lakh rupees for offering additional discount on a S-Cross.
I dont think this is true. Loyalty bonus is for the brand Maruti Suzuki and not Nexa. I was offered exchange bonus and loyalty bonus during my S-Cross purchase, if I were to exchange our Dzire. The Dzire was not in my name - but my Dad's. They were even fine with that. However, since the Dzire was KL registration and the purchase was in Bengaluru, I didnt take it forward.

Not sure if Maruti has come up with some new stupid rules with respect to the Loyalty Bonus.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 21:07   #6247
Distinguished - BHPian

2 small updates

1. I had wrapped ORVM from 3M and it costed 1K. Also, the wrap is already peeling off.

Solution : Maruti provides only outer ORVM cover and costs only 400 bucks for both sides. It is gloss black in colour too.

2. I find the initial brake bite is not great and badly wanted an upgrade.

Solution : I have got Roulunds brake pads for just 1100 Rs. I will install them soon. Roulunds has a good name abroad and now they have started production in India. Also, it's surprising that it is priced almost half the price of OEM pads. OEM pads are made by TVS. S-Cross and SX4 have same brake pads. The seller claims that Roulunds pads would definitely perform better than OEM pads.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161209wa0042.jpg

I ordered both the parts from online spares portal called sparesncare. They have not listed the parts for S-Cross. But they will source the part under request.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 9th December 2016 at 21:10.
Old 10th December 2016, 15:43   #6248
Distinguished - BHPian

Close up shot of new alloy wheel

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-fb_img_1481364670684.jpg

Source : S-Cross owners FB Page
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 17:15   #6249
Senior - BHPian

Just today I saw the updated alloy wheel design on a new scross. Must say it looks way better than the stock car BUT it would have been even better had they got something similar to the ciaz's alloys. That design is simply brilliant.
Old 10th December 2016, 19:35   #6250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
BUT it would have been even better had they got something similar to the ciaz's alloys. That design is simply brilliant.
Yes, those Alloys do look good on Ciaz. But I am not sure about the same multispoke Alloys on S-Cross. I would prefer that 5 spoke alloys which used to come in first generation SX4. The rear discs would have also looked good with those alloys.
Old 13th December 2016, 09:13   #6251
Senior - BHPian

Well, it has been more than 48 hours since anyone posted on this thread. Time for me to post my observations on the acceleration of the S-Cross 1.6 then.

This car is a real torque monster. The in-gear acceleration is brutal. Anyone who owns the 1.6 should try this.

First, do a rear window wash-wipe. Then, accelerate as hard as you can in 2nd gear. Look in the rear view mirror. You will see a dribble of water from the washer nozzle on your rear window.

Again, in 2nd gear, accelerate as hard as you can (pedal to the metal style), watch the tachometer. You should be flooring it between 1800 and 3500rpm. Once you hit 3500rpm, let go of the accelerator. The force of the deceleration will cause your body to fall forward, and the seat belt inertia reel will lock. Like it does when you crash.
KiloAlpha is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 10:47   #6252
Senior - BHPian

Tire life on S Cross? Can anyone comment please? Want to know what's a typical life expectancy (in Kms) that 4 tires can last with proper maintenance & normal city/highway usage? TIA
Old 13th December 2016, 11:16   #6253
BANNED

Quote:
Tire life on S Cross? Can anyone comment please? Want to know what's a typical life expectancy (in Kms) that 4 tires can last with proper maintenance & normal city/highway usage? TIA
If you are talking about the JK Elanzo, expect it to be there for 40-50K kms.

They'll go hard with usage just like MRF ones IMO.

I have seen owners reporting screeching at 100 kph on a tyre that has run only 10K kms so quality of these Elanzo's are a question.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 11:33   #6254
BHPian

Quote:
I have Michelin P3STs on my 1.6 which is nearing 19000 kilometers. Tyres look good for another 30000 kilometers easily.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 13:29   #6255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tire life on S Cross? Can anyone comment please?
Depends on lot of factors
1. Driving style
2. Maintenance
3. Driving terrain
4. Type of tire

Quote:
Want to know what's a typical life expectancy (in Kms) that 4 tires can last with proper maintenance & normal city/highway usage? TIA
For me, (For your reference in terms of life only)
Jk Vectras on Sx4 DDIS (same size) has crossed 75k kms and still looks good to cross 80k kms. However, the road noise and comfort is atrocious at this moment.

Michelin Primacy 3ST on S-cross 320 has done 20k kms and I'm expecting it to last 50k kms.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks