Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2016, 20:58   #4741
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Here is an S Cross I saw in Sydney, Australia, day before yesterday going from the Airport into town, somewhere near the big tunnel.
I wasn't able to get the badging picture from behind but it clearly said SX4 S Cross 4x4.

Here are the Australia Specs...
http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/su...specifications
Get that tyre-wheel combo here ASAP Maruti!! It simply transforms the Cross. I kind of like that color too.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 28th May 2016, 21:06   #4742
Senior - BHPian

1.6 motor's performance seems to be ordinary on paper, but I am sure in real life torque would make this one of the fastest car in its segment(in-gear acceleration), does anyone have data to compare? I could recall swift's 1.3 diesel having something similar.
Old 28th May 2016, 21:18   #4743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

But is it a confirmed news? When is the planned launch? Or, is a bigger Brezza that is planned?
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the pic of the caliper (New), more details coming up, in ownership thread!
On Vitara - Maruti is contemplating on the 1.4boosterjet as the petrol variant in wake of the demand in rise for petrol vehicles!

On service campaign update more in the below link,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-cross-7.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 22:13   #4744
BHPian

Got the recall service done today. Really happy with service from Sai Services, Hingewadi, Pune. Reached service station around 2:30 pm and left at around 5:30. The recall service did not take much time. They replaced the bulb in rear tail light which was not lighting up on pressing brakes. Gave a nice wash to the car. They also fixed the rear bumper issue. It was banged by a Nano which was severely dented in front. The bumper cracked in two places but retained it's shape. In the last service they fixed it like new. The only issue was with the bumper locks which were not engaged causing the bumper to protrude out a bit just under the tail light. They fixed it better than the original setting. The bumper is uniformly in line now right below the tail lamp. Most of the cars have the bumper slightly higher in level to the car body where they meet.

Really happy with the experience.

Meeting and interacting with the other Scross owners out there was priceless.
@viral is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 14:55   #4745
BHPian

I also got the replacement of brake part done at Bimal Service Centre Mahadevpura (Bangalore) today.

The parts replaced are
1. Cylinder set
2. Brake fluid

It was really nice service experience and the activity took a little over 2 hours. The SA Hemaprasada made it sure that I got preference and work completed to satisfaction. He is really knowledgeable and helpful. Also got a power wash free.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160529_135822_hdr.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160529_112805_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 29th May 2016 at 15:10. Reason: Attached photos
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 18:57   #4746
Distinguished - BHPian

I happened to see in owners manual that air filter change interval is every 40K KM and cleaning at every 10K KM. It also says that change air filter early depending on dust conditions.

Air filter change interval is 20K KM in my SX4 and 10K KM in my Grand i10.
Old 30th May 2016, 01:47   #4747
BHPian

Guys,any idea when the 1.5L Petrol variant of S-Cross is coming?? According to a news article, it was scheduled to be launched in May-Click to open
sumitsinha0280 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 03:45   #4748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitsinha0280 View Post
Guys,any idea when the 1.5L Petrol variant of S-Cross is coming?? According to a news article, it was scheduled to be launched in May-Click to open
Quit relying on such "news" mate. They also claimed that Maruti would no longer sell the 1.6 DDiS320 version and has that occurred? These are all just speculations, and you should not rely on speculations for launch dates. They can merely try and estimate. Maruti is working on a petrol option for the S-Cross but I doubt it will be launched anytime this year as such things take their own time to optimize and test for our country. Suzuki has already phased out the production of M16 motor (which is the petrol motor currently deployed in the S-Cross in other markets) in the country probably due to efficiency and emission reasons and will soon be phasing it out in other markets as well. They will probably use the 1.4 turbocharged unit derived from the K series line-up currently used in the Suzuki Vitara S and after making it available in the S-Cross in the European market, it will be tested and launched here in India. Right now they have not even launched the 1 liter boosterjet Baleno which is expected only later this year. As you can see, all we can do is to speculate, but even if you are to speculate taking all things into consideration like I have tried to, it indicates a launch atleast a year away.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 30th May 2016 at 04:13.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 07:13   #4749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
They will probably use the 1.4 turbocharged unit derived from the K series line-up currently used in the Suzuki Vitara S and after making it available in the S-Cross in the European market.
All this will happen in the 'face lift' S Cross.
S Cross for European Markets will get the 1.4L boosterjet first.

In India the Vitara (international version) will get the boosterjet engine. Rumors are this will be localized fully before launch here.

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th May 2016 at 07:23.
Old 30th May 2016, 08:44   #4750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
All this will happen in the 'face lift' S Cross.
S Cross for European Markets will get the 1.4L boosterjet first.

In India the Vitara (international version) will get the boosterjet engine. Rumors are this will be localized fully before launch here.
So I guess there are no timelines as such as to when will this engine be launched in India?

Any idea on the speculated launch date of Vitara S in India?
Old 30th May 2016, 08:56   #4751
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Any idea on the speculated launch date of Vitara S in India?
Reports (ACI) indicate an early 2017 launch. Not sure though, maybe a 2017 launch is possible but will be in a higher segment in terms of pricing.

Clarity on the diesel vehicle policy and by and large unfavorable scenario for diesel vehicles is said to be a reason for slowing down this project. And now that is where the Vitara S (1.4 bosterjet) is being talked of.

Source - SA- Maruti Suzuki

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th May 2016 at 08:58.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 10:05   #4752
BHPian

Got the recall service done on Saturday. Happy with the experience from Sai Services, Deccan, Pune. Reached there at 9 AM and was done with replacement by 10:15 AM.

Rear brake cylinder set and washers replaced, followed by bleeding in of brakes of all 4 wheels while topping up the brake fluid. This was followed by a test drive.

The bill given to me was around 7k+ including replaced parts (@5k), labor (@1.1k) and rest taxes ; I had to pay nothing out of that.

Got the SmartPlay software upgrade done as well, this was little time consuming. Got the rear number plate stutter sound (while closing the boot) fixed; I was not offered car wash and didn't ask for it as my car was nicely polished.
Old 30th May 2016, 11:22   #4753
BHPian

Mates: Is an online user manual available? I found one for the UK S-Cross, but not any here.
Old 30th May 2016, 11:42   #4754
Distinguished - BHPian

Unhappy with stock projectors

I am not at all happy with output of stock bixenon projectors. It is only little better than halogen in terms of width. Today I have noticed that outer chrome lining surrounding the lens is getting chipped off and also projectors vibrate while driving on bad roads.

Zoom in and look for chrome lining getting chipped off at left side of pic near lens
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160530_112304.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 30th May 2016 at 11:45.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 14:22   #4755
BHPian

Glad to join the 1.6 alpha league...

Here is my 'brownie'.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160529_113058974_ios.jpg

Unable to resist the torque temptation till the first service. Delivery experience was fine. Unfortunately some Maruti DNA still left at Nexa. Hope they learn what premium service actually means as I had few tiny scratches here and there as the car was stationed at the dealership for two days due to early arrival and lack of good days for delivery.

On road price without insurance was Rs. 14,13,461 in Hyderabad. This was after a discount of Rs. 36,250 and included registration fees, plate charges, extended warranty, Nexa loyalty card, and basic accessories kit. The dealer originally quoted Rs. 14,93,033 including insurance. Glad I'm in the insurance industry as I saved more than Rs. 25-27k after transferring NCB, cancelling old policy and taking 70% discount on OD premium.

My set of additions

1. Brown faux wood panels for centre console and door panels (Rs. 6000 I guess - Will update more accurately after I receive all the documents)
2. Illuminated door sil (Rs. 4000 I guess)
3. Car Cover (Rs. 2500/- Can't understand why this isn't part of the basic kit)
3. Vitara Brezza Alloys (Costed Rs. 32,000 including spare alloy)
4. Michelin P3ST (Costed Rs. 40,000 for a set of 5)

Exchange value for stock alloys (4) and stock JP Tyres (5 including spare) for Rs. 28,000. I somehow assumed that the spare was an alloy too as the accessories guy at Nexa was suggesting to go for replacement of 5 alloys instead of 4. Now no takers for the steel alloy.

With regards to my choice of car, I was in the market looking to exchange my 7 year old Innova for a high/good quality, diesel family car (you can call it SUV/MUV/Crossover/Compact SUV or any other fancy name) that could comfortably seat 5 and have decent/practical boot space while performing well on the highway as I already own an Elite i20 Petrol for city. I'm thoroughly happy with the choice of car and can't wait for open roads.

Last edited by bblost : 14th February 2017 at 00:38. Reason: deleted extra smiley.
classic86 is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks