Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2016, 21:01   #3991
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I got a discount of Rs. 1.6l on the current price list for a 2015 model car last month. So bargain hard, you may get more as it is a last year model.

Girish
Yes Girish. I took your post on the same earlier to push for more discount. I took 1.2 off from the current price. But this is for 1.6 Alpha. Yours I think is a 1.6 Delta.
So the amount of discount also depends on the varient and how is the dealer stocked. But on a 2015, 1L can be taken off.

Also, you need to consider how long you will keep the car. If for 2-5 years, buy a 2016 model. It will fetch you a better resale value.

But discount or no discount S-Cross is a gem. 1.6 is a Kohinoor!!

Last edited by shivasi : 13th April 2016 at 21:04. Reason: more punch?
Old 14th April 2016, 08:18   #3992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Yes Girish. I took your post on the same earlier to push for more discount. I took 1.2 off from the current price. But this is for 1.6 Alpha. Yours I think is a 1.6 Delta.
So the amount of discount also depends on the varient and how is the dealer stocked. But on a 2015, 1L can be taken off.

Also, you need to consider how long you will keep the car. If for 2-5 years, buy a 2016 model. It will fetch you a better resale value.

But discount or no discount S-Cross is a gem. 1.6 is a Kohinoor!!
It's actually 1.3 sigma variant (basic model of s-cross). Current ex-showroom price for this is Rs 8.41 lakhs. Before new taxes it was Rs 8.16 lakhs.

I am glad that I brought up this discussion in this forum. Now I am reminded about these tax changes along with price cuts. We will talk to him again and bargain as much as possible.
Old 14th April 2016, 09:17   #3993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
It's actually 1.3 sigma variant (basic model of s-cross). Current ex-showroom price for this is Rs 8.41 lakhs. Before new taxes it was Rs 8.16 lakhs.

I am glad that I brought up this discussion in this forum. Now I am reminded about these tax changes along with price cuts. We will talk to him again and bargain as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I got a discount of Rs. 1.6l on the current price list for a 2015 model car last month. So bargain hard, you may get more as it is a last year model.

Girish

Yes, good discounts are available on 2015 models. Have booked a 1.6 delta. Hopefully would be able to lay my hands on her by weekend.
Old 14th April 2016, 09:25   #3994
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried fitting the Breeza'a alloys on the S Cross?
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 10:16   #3995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
The review talks about the gear shift quality, not sure if they are referring to 200 or 320, or both of them equally notch.
They speak about 200 in the review and the review being spoken about is:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-399307.aspx

I have also noticed that the gear shift quality is a bit notchy. What I mean by that is that the gearshift is not smooth and it takes some effort to slot the car in any gear. I have tried this on a couple of other S-Crosses in the showroom and felt it to be the same. Coming from a Vento TDi, which had an excellent gearshift, it seems bit of an irritant. I am posting just to confirm that this is a "Maruti niggle" and not unique to my car. Otherwise, my first inspection is almost due and will get it checked from the service center as well.

Can other owner please comment on the gear shift quality.

Also, wanted to check if we should get the engine oil changed@first inspection at 1000kms.

Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 11:02   #3996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
They speak about 200 in the review and the review being spoken about is:
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-399307.aspx

I have also noticed that the gear shift quality is a bit notchy. What I mean by that is that the gearshift is not smooth and it takes some effort to slot the car in any gear. I have tried this on a couple of other S-Crosses in the showroom and felt it to be the same. Coming from a Vento TDi, which had an excellent gearshift, it seems bit of an irritant. I am posting just to confirm that this is a "Maruti niggle" and not unique to my car. Otherwise, my first inspection is almost due and will get it checked from the service center as well.

Can other owner please comment on the gear shift quality.

Also, wanted to check if we should get the engine oil changed@first inspection at 1000kms.

Thanks
I have Scross 1.6 and I don't find Gearshifts notchy.also check out whether any mats are interfering with your clutch travel.sometimes if you fail to engage clutch fully then may be gearshifts can act bit weirdly.I will check again today and will report it over here.
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 16:42   #3997
Senior - BHPian

Does the s-cross 1.3 Zeta come with an auto dimming IRVM?
Old 14th April 2016, 17:02   #3998
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Does the s-cross 1.3 Zeta come with an auto dimming IRVM?
No, it does not. Available in the highest trim in 1.3 and Zeta onwards in 1.6.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 17:06   #3999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
No, it does not. Available in the highest trim in 1.3 and Zeta onwards in 1.6.
Thanks, a friend has it in his car and he is not sure if this came as an accessory or as a standard fitment.
Old 14th April 2016, 17:39   #4000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
I have Scross 1.6 and I don't find Gearshifts notchy.also check out whether any mats are interfering with your clutch travel.sometimes if you fail to engage clutch fully then may be gearshifts can act bit weirdly.I will check again today and will report it over here.
When I drove S cross 1.3 and 1.6 back to back, I found the gearshifts little notchy and clutch slightly hard in 1.6 compared to 1.3. I am not saying gearshifts in 1.6 is bad, it slots in perfectly, just that gearshifts in 1.3 is better coupled with lighter clutch.
Cheers!
Old 14th April 2016, 19:06   #4001
BHPian

Not sure if this has been discussed any of the threads, if yes-Sorry. How can we differentiate between various variants/models ie Alfa/Zeta/Delta, apart from physically checking the features in the car. These cars don't have external badge with the variant mentioned. Is it written somewhere else?
Old 14th April 2016, 19:17   #4002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.thomas View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed any of the threads, if yes-Sorry. How can we differentiate between various variants/models ie Alfa/Zeta/Delta, apart from physically checking the features in the car. These cars don't have external badge with the variant mentioned. Is it written somewhere else?
1.All 1.6 S cross variants and only 1.3 alpha get silver roof rails
2.Projector headlight with pivot lamp present only in alpha
3.Zeta & Alpha gets alloy wheels
4.1.6 S cross has badge on boot

So to conclude,
Projector lamps + Alloys = Alpha
Alloys + Silver roof rail = 1.6 Zeta
Alloys + black roof rail = 1.3 Zeta
Full Wheel cover + black roof rail = 1.3 Delta
Full wheel cover + silver roof rail =1.6 Delta
No roof rail + partial wheel cover = Sigma

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 14th April 2016 at 19:19.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 19:24   #4003
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.thomas View Post
Car wale has a fantastic car compare feature which lists specifications, features, details and prices etc

Thats a very good service. However, I would say it is about 90-95% accurate - sometimes some features in some variants do get missed out on.

I think TBHP would do very well indeed, to lift this particular aspect from Carwale and do a better job of it.
Old 14th April 2016, 19:26   #4004
BHPian

May be good news for some..

Met the SA at Palace Nexa (Mandovi) and he mentioned that they have got the HID projector lamps available for lower versions of S-cross. Only problem is they are waiting for the mechanic from Mumbai (his words) to teach them how to fix it :(

The cost of the set-up is 29k as told earlier and hence I am tending to believe him. Hope they get the mechanic soon...

Girish
Old 14th April 2016, 19:42   #4005
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
When I drove S cross 1.3 and 1.6 back to back, I found the gearshifts little notchy and clutch slightly hard in 1.6 compared to 1.3. I am not saying gearshifts in 1.6 is bad, it slots in perfectly, just that gearshifts in 1.3 is better coupled with lighter clutch.
Cheers!
I found the S Cross 1.6 perfect. But then Im used to the same level of Torque and a high level of BHP in my Yeti.
The S Cross Alpha 1.6 is clearly a superb car.
I think you would do well to consider this rather than the 1.3 for sure!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks