Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2016, 18:06   #3931
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

BCM Parts numbers for S cross
Zeta / Alpha - 36770M64MC0
Doesnt that mean that you can get Automatic lights, Wipers, Cruise Control, etc on the Zeta by just adding the sensors and switches? I guess part numbers for the 1.3 Zeta and 1.6 Zeta will differ since the 1.3 has more common features between Zeta and Alpha compared to the 1.6.
Old 8th April 2016, 19:06   #3932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Viju

I think your colleague missed the Sigma variant.

kpzen

I give up. It is one of those rare moments I wish I was still working with MSIL R&D! Just so that I could verify the facts myself. You have the part numbers. You must be right. Cheers!
Old 8th April 2016, 19:16   #3933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Doesnt that mean that you can get Automatic lights, Wipers, Cruise Control, etc on the Zeta by just adding the sensors and switches? .
I guess it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I guess part numbers for the 1.3 Zeta and 1.6 Zeta will differ since the 1.3 has more common features between Zeta and Alpha compared to the 1.6.
Importing 1.6DDIS a costly affair for MSIL & they had to cut corners somewhere. So this could be the reason for feature difference between 1.3 Zeta and 1.6 Zeta.

Parts numbers are correct. There are only 3 types of BCM for all variants of S cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
kpzen

I give up. It is one of those rare moments I wish I was still working with MSIL R&D! Just so that I could verify the facts myself. You have the part numbers. You must be right. Cheers!
No worries Viju
Just sharing the info I have.

I have dug up a lot for replacing the headlamps of my Scross with HID ones.
Finally I have given up.

Regards

Last edited by kpzen : 8th April 2016 at 19:30.
kpzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 21:30   #3934
BHPian

I was trying to update the maps today. The SD card shows 1.83GB available and the update size is 2.10GB. Any idea if another SD card can be used say of 8GB?
Old 8th April 2016, 21:32   #3935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
I was trying to update the maps today. The SD card shows 1.83GB available and the update size is 2.10GB. Any idea if another SD card can be used say of 8GB?
How to update the maps?
Old 8th April 2016, 21:49   #3936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
How to update the maps?
All answered here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post3939577
lovetorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 10:10   #3937
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ref Traction Control, Electronic Stability Program and the following vehicles mentioned by you.

1. XUV W8 and W10 variants.
2. Figo Aspire Top Spec AT Variant only
3. EcoSport Top Spec AT Variant only not even the EcoBoost Titanium, sadly.
4. Duster Top spec AWD says yes to Electronic Stability Program but not Traction Control.
5. Creta Top Spec (O) again says yes to Electronic Stability Program but not Traction Control.

The S Cross even in the Top Spec Alpha 1.6 version doesn't come either of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I doubt that any S-Cross variant, be it 1.6 or 1.3 comes with traction control or ESP. The only vehicles/ SUVs under 20L that I can remember of are Figo AT twins/Ecosport AT, Duster AWD, Creta SX(O) and XUV. I might have missed some but S-Cross is definitely not in list. The European spec is a different matter altogether.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 11:12   #3938
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks. My this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I doubt that any S-Cross variant, be it 1.6 or 1.3 comes with traction control or ESP. The only vehicles/ SUVs under 20L that I can remember of are Figo AT twins/Ecosport AT, Duster AWD, Creta SX(O) and XUV. I might have missed some but S-Cross is definitely not in list. The European spec is a different matter altogether.
was with reference to this post by govigov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Congratulations on your booking. Were you aware of the below before the booking?

To the best of my knowledge, only the alpha comes with traction control and esp. (or something called the body control module) which makes it an entirely different car. Which I think is achieved by a different ECU altogether. That is also the reason why the Cruise control is missing on the 1.6 Zeta. The alpha is not just about leather and auto headlamps.
I'm very well aware that S-Cross doesn't come with any of these but I think the European version gets all this with 6/7 airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ref Traction Control, Electronic Stability Program and the following vehicles mentioned by you.

1. XUV W8 and W10 variants.
2. Figo Aspire Top Spec AT Variant only
3. EcoSport Top Spec AT Variant only not even the EcoBoost Titanium, sadly.
4. Duster Top spec AWD says yes to Electronic Stability Program but not Traction Control.
5. Creta Top Spec (O) again says yes to Electronic Stability Program but not Traction Control.

The S Cross even in the Top Spec Alpha 1.6 version doesn't come either of the above.
Old 9th April 2016, 14:20   #3939
Senior - BHPian

I was wrongly under the impression that it did have (ESP and TC) it in the 1.6 Alpha. Hope everything is cleared up now.

In other news, I just booked the 1.3 Zeta in silver today. The car is in transit and I can take the delivery next week. Starting on bank formalities on Monday. Got a discount of 20,000 and a decent exchange price for my Ritz.
Old 9th April 2016, 22:10   #3940
BHPian

Is there any way we could replace HERE maps with some other (better) maps? Like Google maps?
Old 9th April 2016, 23:55   #3941
BHPian

Hi guys, This is Manish from Kottayam. I have booked a 1.6 delta. Has any one of you exchanged your original alloys in Kerala and what was the value you got.
Old 10th April 2016, 00:17   #3942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
Is there any way we could replace HERE maps with some other (better) maps? Like Google maps?..
From my experience & general feedback, HERE maps is known to be one of the best and a lot actually rate it higher than Google Maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.thomas View Post
Hi guys, This is Manish from Kottayam. I have booked a 1.6 delta. Has any one of you exchanged your original alloys in Kerala and what was the value you got.
There are some atrociously pricey vendors in Kottayam. I hope you spend enough time to search for a good deal, either in Bangy / Chennai before zeroing in on one.
Old 10th April 2016, 00:36   #3943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1.6 s cross is built on order and only top variant alpha is on sale according to few news reports. Since you have booked 1.6 delta, can you confirm it it's a new stock or 2015 make?
Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 12:49   #3944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Please see an ownership thread by member @sandygordon (he is based in Kochi, I think). He has put a very detailed ownership review, maybe that will help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
1.6 s cross is built on order and only top variant alpha is on sale according to few news reports. Since you have booked 1.6 delta, can you confirm it it's a new stock or 2015 make?
Thanks
S-Cross 1.6 (DDiS 320) is built to order, yes, but all variants are still being offered for sale. Please ignore media reports in this matter. I booked the 1.6 Zeta last week.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 10th April 2016 at 12:58. Reason: clarity
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 13:01   #3945
BHPian

Dear SCross owners, I have a quick question. I have a 1.3 alpha, when I place my feet gently on the clutch either while idling the engine or while driving (just before pressing the clutch) I can feel the engine vibrations on the clutch. Mentioned this during the second free service and they said they will check it. They said that they bled the clutch but it hasn't made any difference. The service rep told me that he will check this on other cars and let me know. He then called me a few days later to say he has noticed this on other 2 SCrosses that came for service but not on the Baleno or on the Brezza. Can you please let me know if you have experienced any vibrations from the clutch ?

Last edited by Zappo : 12th April 2016 at 14:12. Reason: We have taken the liberty to change the word Dead to Dear. Hope that's what you meant! :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks