Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2016, 13:47   #3946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Dear SCross owners, I have a quick question. I have a 1.3 alpha, when I place my feet gently on the clutch either while idling the engine or while driving (just before pressing the clutch) I can feel the engine vibrations on the clutch. Mentioned this during the second free service and they said they will check it. They said that they bled the clutch but it hasn't made any difference. The service rep told me that he will check this on other cars and let me know. He then called me a few days later to say he has noticed this on other 2 SCrosses that came for service but not on the Baleno or on the Brezza. Can you please let me know if you have experienced any vibrations from the clutch ?
This happened on my ciaz and clutch felt heavy. Reported this on 10k service. SA mentioned that clutch needs to be changed. It was replaced under warranty today. Vibration reduced greatly ( could feel very feeble vibration still). Probably same issue here as well?

Last edited by Zappo : 12th April 2016 at 14:13. Reason: Quoted post corrected
Old 10th April 2016, 14:41   #3947
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Hello to all fellow enthusiasts on this forum! I am a newbie on Team-BHP, though have been following it for a year.

This may be a little .

Just wanted to share a picture from the S-Cross rally in Pune a couple of weeks back. Sorry for the delay, I just got my membership approved last week. Don't all those S-Cross's look just beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5683.jpg  

Djay is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 16:00   #3948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
This happened on my ciaz and clutch felt heavy. Reported this on 10k service. SA mentioned that clutch needs to be changed. It was replaced under warranty today. Vibration reduced greatly ( could feel very feeble vibration still). Probably same issue here as well?
Hi Sathya, thanks a lot for your response. The clutch is not heavy in my case, but yes the vibration is there. Will definitely push this harder with the SA when I go for my next service then.
Old 11th April 2016, 13:10   #3949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Hi Sathya, thanks a lot for your response. The clutch is not heavy in my case, but yes the vibration is there. Will definitely push this harder with the SA when I go for my next service then.
Why wait for the next service? If you think that the clutch vibrates excessively, get it checked/ replaced immediately.
I will check on my 1.6 today and let you know if there are any vibrations.
Old 11th April 2016, 13:19   #3950
BHPian

I completed 1k kms today. Also made a trip to Mahablashewar near Pune. Got a good change to feel the car and check the cruise control which works well.
Noticed 2 things. If you face the same, please let me know. Also what would be the possible solution:
1. On a straight road, there was smoke from some debris on the side of the road. As soon as my car went by, I could smell the smoke inside my car. I confirmed with my passengers and they too got the smell. All windows were up, AC was in Auto and recirculating mode was selected. Any idea how do I get this fixed?
2. The range (to empty) keeps varying a lot. I see a decrease in 10kms when I have hardly crossed 2-3 kms. Will small inclines cause this?
Old 11th April 2016, 14:08   #3951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Why wait for the next service? If you think that the clutch vibrates excessively, get it checked/ replaced immediately.
I too feel a bit of vibrations in the clutch pedal, but only when it's slightly pressed. Even few mm will induce vibrations. Do you suggest me to contact the SA?
GIRISH
Old 11th April 2016, 16:02   #3952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completed 1k kms today. Also made a trip to Mahablashewar near Pune. Got a good change to feel the car and check the cruise control which works well.
Noticed 2 things. If you face the same, please let me know. Also what would be the possible solution:
1. On a straight road, there was smoke from some debris on the side of the road. As soon as my car went by, I could smell the smoke inside my car. I confirmed with my passengers and they too got the smell. All windows were up, AC was in Auto and recirculating mode was selected. Any idea how do I get this fixed?
2. The range (to empty) keeps varying a lot. I see a decrease in 10kms when I have hardly crossed 2-3 kms. Will small inclines cause this?
Even in re-circulation mode, most cars do bring in some fresh air, in order to maintain oxygen levels inside the cabin. So, its fairly common to smell some odours in your car when passing areas having strong smells. One way of reducing the odours is to ensure that you have an incabin filter. I'm not sure about the S Cross, but Maruti cars typically do not have the cabin filter fitted, although you can add one. My Swift did not have it by default, but I added it from the MGP store.

http://blog.nwautos.com/2011/04/even...tside_air.html
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 16:44   #3953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Polarised sunglasses? I think this should be the best option to cut the reflection. Else you will have to go for some non reflective black patch on the dashboard such that it doesnt reflect light.
I am seeing the reflection of the dashboard on the windshield; not sure how polarized sunglasses would help as they wont control the light reflection from the dashboard. I have not used the polarized sunglasses yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani7766 View Post
I've been reading in this thread of reflections. Luckily for my driving position, I'm unable to see any reflections. Also I've installed 3M sunfilm, a week after delivery (may be that's making a difference).
I do have the 3M film on my windshield from inside already. It is certainly due to specific angle of the sun-rays as I don't run into this problem all day long.
Old 11th April 2016, 18:02   #3954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagara999 View Post
I am seeing the reflection of the dashboard on the windshield; not sure how polarized sunglasses would help as they wont control the light reflection from the dashboard. I have not used the polarized sunglasses yet though.

I do have the 3M film on my windshield from inside already. It is certainly due to specific angle of the sun-rays as I don't run into this problem all day long.
I too faced same problem after installing 3M CR 70 on front windshield in my SX4. But I don't find any reflection of dashboard while wearing polarized glasses.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th April 2016 at 18:05.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 18:22   #3955
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shiva, since I already raised this issue during the second service after which the SA bled the clutch which didn't fix the issue and as Girish has mentioned in a later post, the vibration is only when I press on the clutch a few millimeters and it's not impacting the drivability I thought I can wait. The car is my daily commuter to office so sending it in for a major fix will need planning, so thought I will wait for the third service.
Old 11th April 2016, 19:05   #3956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
How to update the maps?
Yes can use any SD Card. I had an 8 GB SD Card formatted in FAT32 and it is working absolutely fine with other data on the card. Just extracted the zip to the 8 GB card and works fine when plugged into the entertainment unit.
Old 11th April 2016, 21:52   #3957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Even in re-circulation mode, most cars do bring in some fresh air, in order to maintain oxygen levels inside the cabin. So, its fairly common to smell some odours in your car when passing areas having strong smells. One way of reducing the odours is to ensure that you have an incabin filter. I'm not sure about the S Cross, but Maruti cars typically do not have the cabin filter fitted, although you can add one. My Swift did not have it by default, but I added it from the MGP store.

http://blog.nwautos.com/2011/04/even...tside_air.html
I thought most modern cars have a pollen filter. But I am still skeptical if odour should get it. Maybe will check with the service center when I going for the service this or next week.
Old 11th April 2016, 22:17   #3958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.O View Post
Is there any way we could replace HERE maps with some other (better) maps? Like Google maps?
Just connect your phone using mirror-link and then launch google maps. HTC has a car app which makes this a breeze to do. You can then use the screen of Infotainment device as the touchscreen input for the phone. Anyways Android auto is coming I suppose. That would make it much easier.
Old 12th April 2016, 11:55   #3959
Senior - BHPian

Kalyani NEXA, JP Nagar, Bangalore, has a White 1.6 Alpha in transit from Gurgaon. It will be added to their stock, hasn't been billed to a customer. It can be delivered within a week to 10 days.

They are offering to drop the OTR to 15 lakhs just for the asking, you could get more with determined haggling.
Old 12th April 2016, 12:34   #3960
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I would like to know your valuable opinion on S-cross. My colleague (newbie to cars) is in the hunt for a new car. He is not going to buy anything other than a Maruti. Currently he is considering Baleno (Delta 1.3 diesel) and S-cross (1.3 sigma). S-cross (1.3 sigma) costs around Rs 1 lakh more than Baleno Delta 1.3 diesel variant.

Please suggest which one is the best buy in terms of
  • Build quality,
  • Performance,
  • Interiors quality,
  • Service experience at Nexa and regular Maruti showrooms for these nexa cars,
  • Kitna Deti Hai (S-cross mileage will be very low?)
Finally, is it worth paying Rs 1 lakh more for s-cross?
that these cars belong to two different segments, but can't help it .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks