Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2016, 14:33   #4696
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Advice Required :

How to mirror android phone? I tried with Xiomi MI4 and Sony Xperia Z1, both failed. I am able to connect via bluetooth and stream music/receive calls.
Till date I have not been able to do it too. I have tried S6 Edge with Marshmellow OS and Note 5 too. None worked. The display shows phone is connected, but after that nothing. Unfortunately, neither RM nor service guys know anything about this.

This link has good info, but it never worked for me. http://www.pcquest.com/review/maruti...inment-system/

Check here if your phone is compatible with MirrorLink : http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 25th May 2016 at 14:36.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 14:37   #4697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Advice Required :

How to mirror android phone? I tried with Xiomi MI4 and Sony Xperia Z1, both failed. I am able to connect via bluetooth and stream music/receive calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Till date I have not been able to do it too. I have tried S6 Edge with Marshmellow OS and Note 5 too. None worked. The display shows phone is connected, but after that nothing. Unfortunately, neither RM nor service guys know anything about this.

This link has good info, but it never worked for me. http://www.pcquest.com/review/maruti...inment-system/

Check here if your phone is compatible with MirrorLink : http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
I guess we can check here if the phone is compatible-
http://www.mirrorlink.com/phones
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 14:53   #4698

Hi Folks,

I received a call from Nexa today morning, informing me about a notification that has been issued by Maruti regarding faulty brakes or brake assembly in the S cross. I have asked to approach the nearest center to get the item replaced free of cost.

Has anybody else also received this sort of info or any other advise regarding faulty parts on S-cross?

My car's manufacturing date is 1st Dec 2015.
Old 25th May 2016, 15:04   #4699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermeow View Post
Hi Folks,

I received a call from Nexa today morning, informing me about a notification that has been issued by Maruti regarding faulty brakes or brake assembly in the S cross. I have asked to approach the nearest center to get the item replaced free of cost.

Has anybody else also received this sort of info or any other advise regarding faulty parts on S-cross?

My car's manufacturing date is 1st Dec 2015.
Please see this for more information:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ty-brakes.html
Old 25th May 2016, 16:34   #4700
BHPian

Quote:
Google going to release android auto update in upcoming months. Which will enable compability with all touchscreen system. I am just waiting for it now for my Nexus i guess android auto will bring lots of changes.
Old 25th May 2016, 18:13   #4701
BHPian

Quote:

I have also tried it with Samsung S6 edge and Note 4. The display shows Samsung is connected and nothing after that. When I checked for compatibility, these phones were in the list. Has anyone else used the fourth quadrant successfully.
Old 25th May 2016, 19:12   #4702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
I have also tried it with Samsung S6 edge and Note 4. The display shows Samsung is connected and nothing after that. When I checked for compatibility, these phones were in the list. Has anyone else used the fourth quadrant successfully.
My Xperia Z1 is compatible according to the list. But I am not able to mirror link it.
Old 25th May 2016, 19:18   #4703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Xperia Z1 is compatible according to the list. But I am not able to mirror link it.
Disable wifi. (Or make sure you are not connected to one)

Connect phone via bluetooth.

Connect phone to USB inside the armrest.

Go to settings > xperia connect > and you will see mirrorlink; tap that to start mirrorlink server.

You may need to change the IP address range sometimes. Do watch out for that.

Now tap connect on the headunit.

Make sure you use the original cable that came with the phone.

Now a list of apps that are compatible with mirrorlink will popup on your screen. You may select from these apps.
govigov is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 21:21   #4704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Disable wifi. (Or make sure you are not connected to one)

Connect phone via bluetooth.

Connect phone to USB inside the armrest.

Go to settings > xperia connect > and you will see mirrorlink; tap that to start mirrorlink server.

You may need to change the IP address range sometimes. Do watch out for that.

Now tap connect on the headunit.

Make sure you use the original cable that came with the phone.

Now a list of apps that are compatible with mirrorlink will popup on your screen. You may select from these apps.
Thanks a lot buddy!!

I followed the steps mentioned by you and it did work for my Xperia
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160525_211330.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160525_211353.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 21:47   #4705
BHPian

Waiting for the day Motorola will be capable of doing this .. until then depending on Bluetooth and the Suzuki remote app seems to be the only solace for some of us non-mirror link people
Old 25th May 2016, 23:13   #4706
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2016 at 09:54.
lovetorque is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th May 2016, 07:48   #4707
Distinguished - BHPian

I got silicon key cover (200 rs) and key chain (150 rs) from Amazon. Sharing few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160526wa0001.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160526wa0000.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 08:24   #4708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Waiting for the day Motorola will be capable of doing this .. until then depending on Bluetooth and the Suzuki remote app seems to be the only solace for some of us non-mirror link people
Incidentally, this did not work when we tried this on my friends car. I have not yet been able to try it out on mine though.

@ lovetorque

Well, there may be some workarounds for that if you can poke around a bit along with some DIY.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2016 at 09:55. Reason: Quoted post deleted
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 18:53   #4709

Hello to all fellow BHPians. Sharing a Pic of My S-Cross 1.6 Alpha below. The Car is a few months old now and with the running in being done our family will be taking out this beast out for a trip on a suitable weekend. Would like to know from fellow owners what all Accessories they have got installed on their car.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7048edit2.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_70562.jpg  

Hades1011 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 22:04   #4710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Hello to all fellow BHPians. Sharing a Pic of My S-Cross 1.6 Alpha below. The Car is a few months old now and with the running in being done our family will be taking out this beast out for a trip on a suitable weekend. Would like to know from fellow owners what all Accessories they have got installed on their car.
Go for a Dash Cam(DVR) if you don't have one. This is really required these days. You can check out for DVR specific threads for more information.
And if you go on long drives frequently then get tools like car air compressor, hydraulic jack etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks