Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:50   #4096
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Out of curiosity I want to know if this part is rusted or coated like this only? Anyone can confirm by opening their bonnet? Engine is 1.6 and its just under the engine cover.I doubt why this beautiful engine have this rusted type part
It is normal buddy. It is part of exhaust system which is made up of cast iron to withstand high temperatures. Attaching a picture of the same in my baleno.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160422_184549.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:48   #4097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
I am facing a peculiar problem in my 1.3 Zeta purchased in Sep 15.
In mid January, I started getting this error on my screen whenever I switched off the ignition after driving the car for a few km. It won’t come if I just start the car and move it around in the parking lot.

Any of you has any idea about the problem?
Is your steering getting locked after switching off the ignition ?

Has any of the MASS checked the steering system ?
Old 22nd April 2016, 21:23   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermeow View Post
Why I am not getting a mileage of more than 16 to 16.3? I did Gurgaon - Ajmer return trip and the max that I got on the highway was 16.4. I admit, going at more than 90-100 with 3 three adults and 2 kids....so guys guide me, should I expect more performance out of my S cross 1.3 or I need to get it checked at the next service interval?

THanks
Fuel economy of 16 is towards lower side. Also, if you drive the vehicle in high speeds (120+ KM/Hr), the fuel economy will drop.

I get more than 20 KM/L in congested Bangalore traffic (with AC)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160422_090131_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 22nd April 2016 at 21:47.
Old 22nd April 2016, 22:39   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
@Sree73: The quoted links discussed the problem occurring at the time of starting the vehicle. In my case the problem occurs at the time of Shutting off the engine and that too after having driven the vehicle for a while.
If you have any other info, pls share
I have the same "issue" on my 1.6. Depends where your key fob is I think. I generally have it in my right pocket and get this message. So I take it out of the pocket and get it close to the bonnet and the message is gone.
I think the same thing was highlighted by someone in this forum too.

One solution to this is keep the key fob in this small compartment on the right hand side. I find that things work well when the fob is kept here.

Last edited by shivasi : 22nd April 2016 at 22:40. Reason: added model name
Old 23rd April 2016, 07:04   #4100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post

One solution to this is keep the key fob in this small compartment on the right hand side. I find that things work well when the fob is kept here.
Ideally, the start system should work as far as the key is anywhere in the passenger compartment.
I typically keep the key in my bag, which will be in the back seat most of the times.
May be changing the keyfob batteries will help.
Old 23rd April 2016, 07:40   #4101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post

I had faced serious starting issues when I placed the key fob in the small compartment below the push button start. Couple of occasions, the car refused to start giving the display "Key Fob is not detected".

Took up the matter with service and I was advised to keep the key in the cup holder near the hand brake. It is perfectly fine till date (8 months) if the key is placed there..

Last month I tried to start the car with key fob in the right compartment near the start button. Just to see if that problem persists. Most of the time it started without any problems, but didn't start once and gave me the same error. "Key Fob is not Detected".

I'm not talking chance and do not want to get trapped in traffic with the car refusing to start.. So, as advised by service center, keeping the key fob in cup holder (Near hand brake) and it's perfectly OK there.

Please refer my original post on this issue at the following link on this forum.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3924350

Last edited by Sree73 : 23rd April 2016 at 08:04.
Old 23rd April 2016, 08:04   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I had faced serious starting issues when I placed the key fob in the small compartment below the push button start. Couple of occasions, the car refused to start giving the display "Key Fob is not detected".

Took up the matter with service and I was advised to keep the key in the cup holder near the hand brake. It is perfectly fine till date (8 months) if the key is placed there..

Last month I tried to start the car with key fob in the right compartment near the start button. Just to see if that problem persists. Most of the time it started without any problems, but didn't start once and gave me the same error. "Key Fob is not Detected".

I'm not talking chance and do not want to get trapped in traffic with the car refusing to start.. So, as advised by service center, keeping the key fob in cup holder (Near hand brake) and it's perfectly OK there.
i never had any issues like this.i keep my key in my jeans pocket and never had any problem. sometimes i don't even see my keys for weeks.request sensor handles everything
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 08:10   #4103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
i never had any issues like this.i keep my key in my jeans pocket and never had any problem. sometimes i don't even see my keys for weeks.request sensor handles everything
I have also tried the keys in various positions inside the car. The issue I faced was ONLY when the key at the compartment near the push button. Car will start in (may be 99% of the cases). But, it refused to start precisely on 5 occasions when the key was there. So, taking no chances and keep it in the cup holder. Need peace of mind

Last edited by Sree73 : 23rd April 2016 at 08:25.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:10   #4104
BHPian

Not sure if the below recall has anything to do with the S-cross in India.

Suzuki issues recall for S-Cross SUV for incorrect seat stitching

Suzuki has issued a recall for its small S-Cross SUV after it was discovered that the front seat back may have been assembled with incorrect stitch seam spacing.The recall affects 3755 examples of the S-Cross built between 2014 and 2015.The car maker reports that the stitching on affected S-Cross’ may not meet the manufacturing control values around the area of the side airbag.In an accident, the trim may be too strong to tear open, meaning the airbag may not properly inflate. Should this occur, the risk of injury to the vehicle’s occupants is greatly increased.This is the second time the small SUV has been recalled this year. In february, the Japanese car maker had to call back a number of S-Cross and Vitara models over fears its rear axle bolts may become loose.

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news/...cid=spartandhp

http://www.caradvice.com.au/436325/s...eat-stitching/
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:31   #4105

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
I think you should definitely go for a visit to service station, because the mileage you have mentioned for highway drives are even less than the standard city mileage of 1.3. If your odo reading is somewhat nearing service intervals, then better have the service done. To me it's mostly issue with air filter and oil filter. The mileage will reduce a little with load. I mostly do sedate highway drives and easily fetch 24-25 easily no matter whatever is the load. But, during last couple of weeks I have done couple of pretty long drives including one to Munnar and all these were not relaxed rides. With 5 people on board and boot full of luggage, doing speeds averaging 100+ and including lots of ghat sections, the worst I could manage was 21 kmpl.
Even your worse mileage is very impressive, compared to what I am getting
! I have just completed 3200 kms in 4 months, and my second service is 1800 kms or 2 months away. What should I do? And how should I put this mileage question to the service technician. On first service, when I had asked him about it, he said today's modern machines are well calibrated and only driving style determines mileage. I should not worry about oil filter and air filters for the first 10,000 kms, was what I was told.

Can anybody recommend a good service station in Gurgaon. My first service was done at Apra sec-14.

Another thing that has come up is that my central locking alarm starts hooting for no reason whatsoever. It happens during a particular hour and goes on continuously 6-7 times. Is anybody else experiencing the same??

Thanks again.
Old 23rd April 2016, 13:02   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Not sure if the below recall has anything to do with the S-cross in India.

Suzuki issues recall for S-Cross SUV for incorrect seat stitching

Indian scross doesn't come with side airbags so no issues over here in india

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 23rd April 2016 at 13:04.
Old 23rd April 2016, 13:31   #4107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
My first post here, great to be a part of the community. Time to get the sticker on the car. Have read extensively about "The Hippo" and after the extensive test drive, I've fallen in love with the 1.6 thrilling beauty. Hoping that parental advisory approves of the decision.
Congrats on the 1.6
Its sure is a beast.

Hippo is a humble 1.3 forged at a time when the 1.6 was priced insanely.
Old 23rd April 2016, 21:00   #4108
BHPian

Good to see that this thread is moving such a rapid pace, thanks to all the members contributing here. Many owners have posted their short reviews in this thread instead of posting separate ownership threads! In fact mine is still in making and lying in the assembly line for quite some time now.

This official thread started by S2 and the likes of Sandygordon's, Sudeepg's, Volkman's are the threads worth reading and there is real kick in the one posted by Mi10. Thanks guys! you are the ones who have made S Cross an exclusive vehicle.

However, I personally would like to thank our Senior Bhpian Prajesh (kpzen) for helping me buy this wonderful 1.6L machine. My other car, ANHC hardly moves these days. S cross nearing 5000km mark in four months, half the time I was out of country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
320DDIS was put to test on the hills @ 3000m altitude.

Attachment 1497221
Prajesh, that is the most Beautiful picture of any S cross till date!

Quote:
Yes this is a problem with DDIS320 irrespective of the gradient.
RPM tends to drop even while driving in crawling traffic, you need to modulate the revvs accordingly.

And at high altitude and steep gradients, things get trickier and one needs to be careful else you will end up burning the clutch.
This is exactly what I experienced during during my trip to Himachal in the first week of Jan'16.

If the car needs to be stopped during a steep climb, then bringing the momentum back needs some real expertise. In my case, the car was still within the official run-in period of 960 km during upward journey, so revving the engine high was also not warranted.

Had a real tough time on a steep climb with gravel track; wheel spin, traction issue ... had done such trails effortlessly in my Zen; even dodgy Indicas are able to move.

Perhaps the reason I find the pattern on stock Jks more suited for traction on non-tarmac/ gravel roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
The S-Cross 1st gear under 1800 rpm is its achilles heel ! I went up to Shimla and further up to Thanedar in Dec and everything was wonderfull.... But, we chanced on a road leading to a temple, with steep inclines and no tarmac. I thought my car would do it easy, but of course it didnt. .....

The first gear without the turbo had no chance, and with the turbo there was no traction since the wheels were being rotated too fast.
Had you gone further down to say Rampur from Thanedar and then tried to come back via same route, things would have been more difficult to manage. I've seen people struggling to climb on this shorter route even in petrol cars where the power is available just at a tap.

If someone can make it to places like Jalori pass in S Cross 1.6, it would need a commendable effort & lot of skill and control over the engine. Particularly from Ani side, from where even petrol cars need to driven in 1st gear. Though I would be trying this in the coming months may be with a support vehicle.

Quote:
Taking the "Road less Travelled"

Attachment 1499134
Awesome!

Quote:
Does it look better from front now ?

Attachment 1499196
Yes, Maruti shouldn't have changed the grill.

Quote:
Bought it from an Accessories shop in Ningbo, China.
Got it fixed yesterday.
Will post more pics later.
Yes, it looks Ciaz'ish.
Waiting for more pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Looks really good! Please do post a few more pics.

Dude, you bought only one? I was kinda hoping you would buy an entire box of them and re-sell to the folks here who are desperately looking to ditch the chrome grille.
Exactly

One query here, should I get the engine oil changed at 5k service or wait till 10k as per manual.

Last edited by breezydrive : 23rd April 2016 at 21:23. Reason: Added some more content
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:33   #4109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Good to see that this thread is moving such a rapid pace, thanks to all the members contributing here. Many owners have posted their short reviews in this thread instead of posting separate ownership threads! In fact mine is still in making and lying in the assembly line for quite some

One query here, should I get the engine oil changed at 5k service or wait till 10k as per manual.
If expense is not an issue then IMHO go for the best synthetic one in the market right now. I experienced an oil change (standard oil) after 10k @ 3rd service and the car feels like butter now (1.3 alpha).

It would be definitely healthy for the engine too.
Old 24th April 2016, 07:29   #4110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
If expense is not an issue then IMHO go for the best synthetic one in the market right now. I experienced an oil change (standard oil) after 10k @ 3rd service and the car feels like butter now (1.3 alpha).

It would be definitely healthy for the engine too.
Do not go for Synthetic Oil. Refer the car manual.. Manufacturer is not recommending synthetic oil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks