Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 13:50   #4216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
Congraz Dr on moving to 1.6 top variant.

The on road price is it really 14.38 Lac.. that a good price I must say. When I enquired for top end 1.6 the price quoted was "Rs 15,54,341". That's a lac more than your price. Hence ended up booking 1.3 version top end.

I know price varies for each states but form you city to Bangalore the price difference is too noticeable.
Road tax is 10 percent in kerala for cars above 10 lakhs compared to around 20 percent in karnataka. Price difference was around 1.8 lakhs between 1.3 and 1.6 Alpha
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:43   #4217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
With due respect to all members who have purchased S-Cross and have changed their alloys, I'm somehow not convinced. Although the alloys don't look that great, the alloys on S-Cross are well built and feel more robust compared to a few of them I've seen here. It might be my ignorance but won't the alloys with lesser contact area between rim and spokes lead to a fatigue fracture like it was seen on XUVs with company fitted spare alloys? I know that the original alloys don't look that great but maybe they've been made such keeping in mind the high torque from 1.6 or the Indian road conditions or maybe both?
I am looking to change my delta's wheels to OEM alloys. If any of you still have your original alloys after upgrading, please let me know. I would like to get them fixed on my car for a reasonable price

girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:48   #4218
BHPian

Good, finally they started comparing S-cross with Creta..

http://overdrive.in/reviews/spec-com...uzuki-s-cross/

Girish
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:53   #4219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I am looking to change my delta's wheels to OEM alloys. If any of you still have your original alloys after upgrading, please let me know. I would like to get them fixed on my car for a reasonable price

girish
Should be the most easiest mod for S cross

Almost every 2nd owner of S-cross here is trying to ditch the stock alloys for aesthetic reasons.

Dr. Naren is about to do the same. Drive down to Mangalore and you may get a set.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 16:04   #4220
BHPian

Below article calls Scross as SUV (which Maruti never did so). But later part of the article goes on to compare to the likes of TUV to Creta to Terrano.

http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...h/20160428.htm

Pradeep

Last edited by pdeep4u : 29th April 2016 at 16:25. Reason: my name included
Old 29th April 2016, 16:09   #4221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

girish
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Should be the most easiest mod for S cross

Almost every 2nd owner of S-cross here is trying to ditch the stock alloys for aesthetic reasons.

Dr. Naren is about to do the same. Drive down to Mangalore and you may get a set.
Good to hear that. If you are interested to purchase stock alloys, please let me know. I drive to bangalore at least once a month.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:06   #4222
BHPian

Quote:
Good, finally they started comparing S-cross with Creta..

http://overdrive.in/reviews/spec-com...uzuki-s-cross/

Girish

I did see that article, I'm surprised that a magazine of their standing can come up with such errors in their spec sheets.

This being an article about specs, one would expect them to get the specs right.

The S Cross according to them has a Disc/ Drum braking setup like the others .

This is just a glaring omission on the part of whoever did this copy paste job.

Mods, if this picture is not acceptable, please remove (it is only for illustration)
Attached Images

nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 17:45   #4223
BHPian

1st service completed for my 1.6 in Popular Kochi, was a very simple 2 hrs wait. The service guy said that they have hardly serviced 1.6, was a bit nervous about that. Hope the 1.6 sales take off, otherwise 1.6 owners would be a rare lot in Kochi with little technical knowledge among service guys.

From my experience and as written somewhere in the forum, before the turbo kicks in the car does not move and can easily stall at inclines.
Otherwise it's a gem of a machine.
Old 29th April 2016, 18:18   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post

I did see that article, I'm surprised that a magazine of their standing can come up with such errors in their spec sheets.

This being an article about specs, one would expect them to get the specs right.

The S Cross according to them has a Disc/ Drum braking setup like the others .

This is just a glaring omission on the part of whoever did this copy paste job.

Mods, if this picture is not acceptable, please remove (it is only for illustration)

Yes you are right. I too noticed the same. Without proof reading articles have been published.

Tell you what "All 4 disc breaks " is one of the important safety feature of Scross and this article completely lost it.

even in some of video reviews I have see that they completely change the spec of the car especially the new arrivals as per there knowledge base and not what is there on paper.:
pdeep4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 19:45   #4225
Distinguished - BHPian

When Fiat is in suspect to its diesel cars having a problem with their exhaust gas recirculation system - how can the DDiS escape the recall in Germany?

So now Suzuki is affected.

Quote:
Because the Fiat-engined models fall short of the nitrous oxide emission requirements during real-world testing, it is believed that Fiat will pay Suzuki for the hassle of the voluntary recall affecting the Vitara and SX4 S-Cross. As is the case with the affected models of German origin, it hasn’t been alleged that Suzuki or any other manufacturer except for the Volkswagen Group has broken the legal requirements for emissions.
Suzuki Recalls 1.6 Diesel-Engined Cars Due to Excessive NOx Emissions!

Quote:
Following the 630,000-unit strong voluntary recalls from Audi, Volkswagen, Opel, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche, Suzuki jumps on the bandwagon with a yet undisclosed amount of cars. All we know is that Suzuki deemed necessary to do so because the 1.6 DDiS diesel engine is, in fact, a rebadged 1.6 MultiJet from Fiat.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/su...ns-107011.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th April 2016 at 19:50.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 22:58   #4226
Sip
BHPian

Has anyone come across inordinate delay in delivery for 1.6 of 2016 make? 40 days past since I booked 1.6 Delta inspite of efforts, no timeline for delivery till date! Its baffling !!

Any clue on this guys ?
Old 29th April 2016, 23:40   #4227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Has anyone come across inordinate delay in delivery for 1.6 of 2016 make? 40 days past since I booked 1.6 Delta inspite of efforts, no timeline for delivery till date! Its baffling !!

Any clue on this guys ?
I am getting worried after looking at your post now. I was told a maximum of 4 weeks waiting for my 1.6 Alpha.
Old 30th April 2016, 03:11   #4228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post

Any clue on this guys ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I am getting worried after looking at your post now. I was told a maximum of 4 weeks waiting for my 1.6 Alpha.
Well, it could be due to the Jat stir which affected Maruti's production output. So I've heard.
Old 30th April 2016, 06:17   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Good to hear that. If you are interested to purchase stock alloys, please let me know. I drive to bangalore at least once a month.
I am, if the price is right. Please let me know what is the price offered by the alloy dealer and if I can match it, I would love to gift my Blue Mystique a new set of (hi)heels.
Thanks very much for the offer.
Girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 07:08   #4230
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Well, it could be due to the Jat stir which affected Maruti's production output. So I've heard.
May not be true as supply of 1.3 variants which are also fast moving are unaffected. I enquired with 3 NEXA dealers in Haryana, none of them have 1.6 readily available and not even display vehicles of 2016 make. Has it got anything to do with engines/ import issues?

Most Viewed