Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 11:59   #4186
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Yes Doc, unfortunately that's how it goes. I had posted a horror story earlier of an acquaintance who was left with paying EMIs on a loan, for a car that never saw the light of day. The reason your SA will be pushing for a white/silver/brown is they have it in stock, and on your confirmation, it hits the books of accounts for this month.

Similarly, for the loan processing guy, it goes under his sales target for the month. I know the time of buying new cars can be quite hallucinating, you want a car that you love so much, you have questions cropping about your decision every second thread you visit, you start zeroing in on your accessories and that next month’s long trip that you have been procrastinating for the new car. Take a step back, relax and know for sure that the deals you may have got, the discounts your have brokered and the car you have selected will all be there the next month, and the month next to that. If you have your heart set on any other color, other than the ones provided to as an option, trust me – you will want to stick to that.

Or else, despite the amount you are ready to splurge, you’ll have a heart-burn at a traffic signal, when you see your favorite car, in your favored color.
Yes buddy. I have told my dealer that I want only granite grey 1.6 alpha. He assured car will come before may end for sure. I do not mind silver also. But dad is insisting on granite grey. I left the color choice to him because with great difficulty I convinced him for 1.6. I am actually fine with whatever color or variant-provided the heart is 1.6
Old 28th April 2016, 12:28   #4187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Dealer is offering me immediate delivery(within 10 days) of 1.6 in white/silver/brown. He is saying no idea about 1.6 alpha in granite grey. I am buying car through loan for the first time. HDFC guy called me just now saying they will transfer the amount to dealer by this month end itself and I have to pay my First EMI only from June 5. If they transfer the amount and delivery of my car gets delayed for some reason, would I be paying EMI without even getting the car?
If the dealer says delivery can be within 10 days, the car is in his yard. Do this:

1. Make up your mind if the other colors work for you. Granite Grey does look good and is a popular color. If you absolutely want that color stick to it. I have a blue and love the color. If you are open to color change, do the below.

2. Go check the car in the yard. Get the VIN. It will tell you the month+year of manufacture. Do a PDI.

3. Great time to push for discount/freebies. Act ask if you are not interested. Discount depends on the date of manufacture. Remember this. T-Bhpians might go ga-ga over the 1.6 but for the outside world its not a popular choice. The dealer is looking ahead at a 1.6 being in his yard for a long time. He rather get rid of it now at some discount then sell later at a huge discount.

4. If all is good, tell the dealer to give you a note stating that the car is allocated to you. They do enter this in their system I think.

5. Get the loan processed. If you have good terms with the bank or your CIBIL scores are good, you can negotiate here too. If the loan is taken on a women it is 0.5% less at most banks. Generally go to the bank directly.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th April 2016 at 12:45. Reason: Spacing for better readability
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 14:34   #4188
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got her home!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160427_183950.jpg

Picked her up with 69kms on the odo (a sign for the pleasure that awaits? ), and have covered a little over 130kms now.

The car is absolutely fantastic so far, and I can't wait for the run-in to finish so I can truly enjoy the gem of an engine.
Ride quality is a little on the stiffer side - something I need to get used to after driving the pliant Etios for a few days; but that aside, everything else is working great!

Big shout out to Vid for pushing me to check her out!

Will post a more detailed update once I've logged some kms on, until then, I have two queries for S-Cross owners:
- Run In period requirements? I am keeping the rpm below 3,000 and varying the engine speed as mentioned in the manual. Anything else that needs to be done?
- Yesterday, while streaming music from my phone - I noticed that it wouldn't play over the speakers. We got it working for a few minutes after calling someone over bluetooth and then playing the music; but then after muting it at a nakabandi, it didn't resume playing over the car speakers when unmuted (though it was playing on youtube). Any tips, or is it a firmware issue?
lamborghini is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 14:54   #4189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
If the dealer says delivery can be within 10 days, the car is in his yard. Do this:

1. Make up your mind if the other colors work for you. Granite Grey does look good and is a popular color. If you absolutely want that color stick to it. I have a blue and love the color. If you are open to color change, do the below.

2. Go check the car in the yard. Get the VIN. It will tell you the month+year of manufacture. Do a PDI.

3. Great time to push for discount/freebies. Act ask if you are not interested. Discount depends on the date of manufacture. Remember this. T-Bhpians might go ga-ga over the 1.6 but for the outside world its not a popular choice. The dealer is looking ahead at a 1.6 being in his yard for a long time. He rather get rid of it now at some discount then sell later at a huge discount.

4. If all is good, tell the dealer to give you a note stating that the car is allocated to you. They do enter this in their system I think.

5. Get the loan processed. If you have good terms with the bank or your CIBIL scores are good, you can negotiate here too. If the loan is taken on a women it is 0.5% less at most banks. Generally go to the bank directly.
Dealer has no stock of 1.6 in yard. There was only one delta 1.6 2015 model which was sold last week. Silver/brown is in transit and white color can be sourced from their bangalore dealership. There are hardly any enquiries for 1.6 in mangalore. Dealer has placed an order for my granite grey 1.6. I am not able to push for any discounts. Even if bank transfers the amount, I need to pay balance amount of 2.5 lakhs. I will do that only after PDI. What's bothering me is if dealer can't provide the car by June 5, I would be paying my first EMI even without getting the car
Old 28th April 2016, 15:10   #4190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

Will post a more detailed update once I've logged some kms on, until then, I have two queries for S-Cross owners:
- Run In period requirements? I am keeping the rpm below 3,000 and varying the engine speed as mentioned in the manual. Anything else that needs to be done?
Congrats on your S Cross, here is the running in details from the manual,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150920_132214.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 17:15   #4191
BHPian

I just received SMS from Nexa about HU update for S-Cross:
" Dear Customer, S-Cross has been upgraded with Apple Car Play. Visit nearest NEXA*dealer workshop to get a*free upgrade of your SmartPlay Infotainment. NEXA"
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 17:18   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
I just received SMS from Nexa about HU update for S-Cross:
" Dear Customer, S-Cross has been upgraded with Apple Car Play. Visit nearest NEXA*dealer workshop to get a*free upgrade of your SmartPlay Infotainment. NEXA"
I got this upgrade when the 3rd service was done couple of weeks back.
Old 28th April 2016, 17:23   #4193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I got this upgrade when the 3rd service was done couple of weeks back.
Yes, Maruti has released apple car play update few days back. New batch of S cross would get it from factory itself.
Old 28th April 2016, 17:32   #4194

Guys,

I got a sms today from Maruti saying the following

"Dear Customer, S-Cross has been upgraded with Apple Car Play. Visit nearest NEXA dealer workshop to get a free upgrade of your SmartPlay Infotainment. NEXA"

Checked with the NEXA dealer they said they dont know anything about this. Have any of you received this sms??
Old 28th April 2016, 17:58   #4195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniabraham23 View Post
Guys,

I got a sms today from Maruti saying the following

"Dear Customer, S-Cross has been upgraded with Apple Car Play. Visit nearest NEXA dealer workshop to get a free upgrade of your SmartPlay Infotainment. NEXA"

Checked with the NEXA dealer they said they dont know anything about this. Have any of you received this sms??
I was informed about the same by Nexa dealer 2 weeks back when I booked S cross. I had posted this info here. Update for new stock is apple car play, change in alloy wheel shade and fine tuning of 1.3 engine. Maruti will provide apple car play update to existing S cross owners. I suggest you to check with service centre.
Old 28th April 2016, 18:08   #4196
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer is offering me immediate delivery(within 10 days) of 1.6 in white/silver/brown. He is saying no idea about 1.6 alpha in granite grey. I am buying car through loan for the first time. HDFC guy called me just now saying they will transfer the amount to dealer by this month end itself and I have to pay my First EMI only from June 5. If they transfer the amount and delivery of my car gets delayed for some reason, would I be paying EMI without even getting the car?
@DrNaren: I would suggest you try for a PSU bank. In my experience of having taken loan for m last two vehicles, PSU bank will release the amount only when you say i.e. when the vehicle is ready for delivery.
cjsarora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 18:09   #4197
BHPian

This was part of my second service. The HU firmware is upgraded.
And I was told by the SA that HU firmware update is done for all SCross's which come for any service.
Old 28th April 2016, 18:15   #4198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
@DrNaren: I would suggest you try for a PSU bank. In my experience of having taken loan for m last two vehicles, PSU bank will release the amount only when you say i.e. when the vehicle is ready for delivery.
I did try buddy. I just finished my MBBS and started working 6 months back. They were not ready to sanction loan without 2 years work experience. I could get 90 percent loan on ex showroom price from HDFC @ 10.75 percent with my dad as guarantor. This is the first time loan experience for us. I wanted to buy a car on my own this time and super happy about getting 1.6 S cross
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 18:40   #4199
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Frankly White is the third best colour in S Cross.
Silver comes first, followed by Granite Grey.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 18:42   #4200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Frankly White is the third best colour in S Cross.
Silver comes first, followed by Granite Grey.
Even my choice of colours is the same for S cross . Since I have a baleno in premium silver, we went for granite grey colour in S Cross. It looks like black under shade and a lovely color too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks