Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 22:51   #4711
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Hello to all fellow BHPians. Sharing a Pic of My S-Cross 1.6 Alpha below. The Car is a few months old now and with the running in being done our family will be taking out this beast out for a trip on a suitable weekend. Would like to know from fellow owners what all Accessories they have got installed on their car.
Fantastic Picture of the Alpha 1.6

Change the alloys and oversize tyres to go with the wonderful look and your car will look even better
Old 26th May 2016, 23:53   #4712
Distinguished - BHPian

Clicked few minutes back
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160526wa0062.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 09:02   #4713
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i received a call from Maruti Delhi for taking a feedback on my 1.6. The questions were mainly related to the 6th gear, some of the questions were-
1-How useful is the 6th gear?
2-At what frequency do i use the 6th gear?
3-Where i do i use the 6th gear-City or highways?
4-Monthly and daily running
5-For what purpose i use the car (shopping,commuting or touring)........etc

Nice to see Maruti calling taking a feedback.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 09:14   #4714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Would like to know from fellow owners what all Accessories they have got installed on their car.
Nice clicks buddy. Is it the filter effect on the first photo or the results of a detailing session?

You can add Dashcam, 3D mats, sill plates, HIDs, mobile holder, LED cabin lamps, different horn, better ICE, wider rubber and maybe a Remap!

Hope you have gone through this article and the related thread (on forum) -

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/must...your-new-car-0
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 10:34   #4715
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the link to my ownership review of 1.6 S-Cross. I dedicated my last 2 weeks for this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tic-white.html
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 11:43   #4716
BHPian

So i have got my car inspected for black smoke two times now. Both times they managed to solve the issue successfully but after 3 4 days black smoke starts again. No performance or loss in fuel efficiency felt but it feels really embarrassing for new car leave black smoke Everytime i cross 2k Rpm(no continuous smoke) Car turns lots of heads on roads but i feel embarrassed Everytime it leaves black smoke :( Yesterday visited sai service again and told them to forward my issue to maruti or atleast get more information regarding engine and its issues( i can mail maruti directly but last time i mailed them directly for white spots on roof and work manager at sai service asked me to visit him first in future for any issues as they face strict questioning from maruti for nexa cars issues) this time i clearly showed them my anger & unhappiness for this and asked them to gather as much information for this before i leave my car with them this time. Work manager gave me his word that issue will be resolved permanently and asked me to leave the car on monday as they can work on it efficiently on monday. Sai service is located next to my building so leaving my car there is not an issue as i keep visiting them after an hour to check the progress
I hope this time they solve the issue permanently or else i am free to swap them for other service centres for upcoming services.

Also yesterday while i was inside the car waiting for building gates to open something fall down on roof. I was worried and thought something worse is waiting for me. Parked the car on side and saw one medium side Raw mango have fall down on my car leaving tiny dent. SCross have solid build quality compared to other maruti cars but roof part is weaker. You can easily press it by two fingers. Honestly the car is built much stronger except the roof area.so now my car have two dents. One bacause of rock on bonnet and one from raw mango on roof.will claim insurance after car completes 8, 9 months.
sahiltodankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 11:59   #4717
BANNED

I guess Maruti can target the current Ritz users to upgrade to the SCross. The understated looks, ease of ingress/egress, and the underlying simplicity will match for those customers. A Petrol SCross with the expected 1.5L M-series engine producing 100-110BHP at a starting price of 7.25L ex-showroom Delhi will add more to its cause, IMO.

For current Wagon-R users, they have the Brezza (quality and utility-wise).
For current Swift users, bring the international Vitara (style-wise).

Last edited by romeomidhun : 27th May 2016 at 12:24.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 12:09   #4718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
So i have got my car inspected for black smoke two times now. Both times they managed to solve the issue successfully but after 3 4 days black smoke starts again. No performance or loss in fuel efficiency felt but it feels really embarrassing for new car leave black smoke Everytime i cross 2k Rpm(no continuous smoke) Car turns lots of heads on roads but i feel embarrassed Everytime it leaves black smoke :( Yesterday visited sai service again and told them to forward my issue to maruti or atleast get more information regarding engine and its issues( i can mail maruti directly but last time i mailed them directly for white spots on roof and work manager at sai service asked me to visit him first in future for any issues as they face strict questioning from maruti for nexa cars issues) this time i clearly showed them my anger & unhappiness for this and asked them to gather as much information for this before i leave my car with them this time. Work manager gave me his word that issue will be resolved permanently and asked me to leave the car on monday as they can work on it efficiently on monday. Sai service is located next to my building so leaving my car there is not an issue as i keep visiting them after an hour to check the progress
I hope this time they solve the issue permanently or else i am free to swap them for other service centres for upcoming services.

Also yesterday while i was inside the car waiting for building gates to open something fall down on roof. I was worried and thought something worse is waiting for me. Parked the car on side and saw one medium side Raw mango have fall down on my car leaving tiny dent. SCross have solid build quality compared to other maruti cars but roof part is weaker. You can easily press it by two fingers. Honestly the car is built much stronger except the roof area.so now my car have two dents. One bacause of rock on bonnet and one from raw mango on roof.will claim insurance after car completes 8, 9 months.
I think Hingewadi Sai service center in Pune is good. Can you share the details of the city or pump where u get fuel filled from. I am getting fuel filled from Shell petrol pump near Nashik Phata in Pune and not facing any issues with smoke in fact the performance of the Car has radically improved. Even my Micra that use to give heavy black smoke is now working fine. Would suggest to change the brand of fuel to confirm if the issue is with the car or with the fuel.
Old 27th May 2016, 13:54   #4719
BHPian

For folks driving the 1.3 and 1.6 Alpha, I had the following question:
How is the throw and light spread of the HIDs especially on highways?

Thanks
f1fan
Old 27th May 2016, 14:02   #4720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
For current Swift users, bring the international Vitara (style-wise).
Vitara ( through Nexa) will sit in a segment above S Cross, price wise! ( maybe AT only)
Old 27th May 2016, 14:07   #4721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post

Thanks
f1fan
It is not great buddy. Reflector bowl inside stock projector is small and non clean lens are used. Ballast is also just 25W. It might be better than halogen but nowhere close to bixenon projector setup of luxury cars. You can check the output pics in my ownership review.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 14:15   #4722
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vitara ( through Nexa) will sit in a segment above S Cross, price wise! ( maybe AT only)

But is it a confirmed news? When is the planned launch? Or, is a bigger Brezza that is planned?
Old 27th May 2016, 14:58   #4723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

But is it a confirmed news? When is the planned launch? Or, is a bigger Brezza that is planned?
ACI reported the same,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 15:27   #4724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post

Thanks
f1fan
I currently find the 1.3 alpha bixenons not powerful enough for my highway drives .
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 15:45   #4725
BHPian

Looks like its raining re-calls at Suzuki India. Now, they are recalling baleno and Swift. Since the diesel engines are shared by S-cross also, can we expect next round of recall of S-cross, now for the faulty fuel filters?

http://zeenews.india.com/business/au...1_1889315.html

Most Viewed