Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 11:37   #3211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Got it! Sedate driver anyway. Drive around 1500 rpm. Have started exploring 2000 rpm recently. Getting a mileage of 20 kmpl in city and 22 on highways. Use cruise on highways set at 80 or 100 depending on the roads.
Driving "around" 1500 revs may be bad for your motor. Especially if that involves lugging the engine. Lugging the motor actually induces far more stress and reduces the life. Keep it above 1500 rpm, explore beyond 2000 rpm freely you can occasionally stretch its legs out to 4500 rpm a few times during the break in period but mostly stay within 3000 rpm
Old 10th February 2016, 18:37   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Since the day I booked my S-Cross, I have been searching for the perfect alloys and tires. This is where I stand now. I have interacted with 2 tire dealers and the third is the Showroom accessory manager.
So guys, I have decided to go with Dealer 2 - Indira Nagar for my tire and alloy upgrade. His deal was the best of the lot and I did not bother looking for more.

Tire: Continental ContiMaxContact MC5: Rs 8500 X 4
Alloy: Momo Black Knight: Rs 8200 X 4
Buyback: Rs 28000
Net damage to pocket: Rs 38800

In the meantime, I was in negotiations with my dealer for some free accessories. I was not offered any Corporate discount as I was told that everything was included in the bulk discount offered to me. I was told a straight NO for free accessories - but I kept bargaining and finally they have agreed to give me Rs 10k worth accessories. However, they have offered a very limited set of accessories. I am confused if I should choose styling accessories or utility accessories.

1. Styling Accessories
  • Door Visor: Rs. 1490
  • Rear Spoiler (including painting): Rs 6000
  • Illuminated Sill guards (not in stock): Rs 3790
2. Utility:
  • Full Floor Mat (Lamination Type): Rs 6990
  • Car care treatment package (Includes the below): Rs 12990
    • Teflon Coating
    • Under chassis coating
    • Engine Coating
    • Solargard Sun film - 70%
    • Cavity waxing
Brain says, you have already spent a lot on the car and accessories - So go for Car care treatment package. No use in spending more on Styling accessories.

Heart says, these guys will not do a great job for Under chassis and Engine coating. Teflon is waste. The Sun film might not be as good as 3Ms. So, get the styling kit done and do the rest of the stuff at 3M once I save a little more for that.

I am not too sure of the Lamination type flooring, if it will be really useful. But if I go for that, I might be left with nothing but the door visors. One main problem with the accessory list is that they are not having non-illuminated sill guards.
Vigkey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 20:00   #3213
BHPian

Hello Everyone, I too am joining the bandwagon with the SCross 1.6 Zeta. Will be getting delivery on Friday, 12th Feb.
prasanna_indaje is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 20:38   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
@viral. It is not advisable to use Cruise Control if you are in the run-in period. The information manual and our experts suggest NOT to keep the car running in the same speed / rpm for prolonged periods - and this is exactly what the cruise control does. Hence better to avoid cruise control till the run-in is complete. Experts can correct me if I am wrong.
Run in was over long ago. Closing in on 3rd service now. Started using cruise after first service. Cruise fixes on minimum speed. One can still press the accelerator and go over set speed but can't go below unless cruise is cancelled by either/or button, brake, or clutch. Have noticed that rpms keep changing depending on the roads.
Old 10th February 2016, 20:42   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Hello Everyone, I too am joining the bandwagon with the SCross 1.6 Zeta. Will be getting delivery on Friday, 12th Feb.
Congratulations Mr Prasanna.
Which dealer? Could you manage any discounts? If you don't mind, can you please share the on road price, assuming you are from Bangalore.

Girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 20:50   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Driving "around" 1500 revs may be bad for your motor. Especially if that involves lugging the engine. Lugging the motor actually induces far more stress and reduces the life. Keep it above 1500 rpm, explore beyond 2000 rpm freely you can occasionally stretch its legs out to 4500 rpm a few times during the break in period but mostly stay within 3000 rpm
No lugging for sure. It is more controllable and smooth for me in that range. Impact is less intense (if it happens). Even tailgating at low speeds without using accelerator in bumper to bumper traffic is sometimes tricky because S-Cross pulls way faster than Swift diesel (previous car) the moment you take foot off clutch.
Old 10th February 2016, 20:50   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Prasanna!!! Welcome to the club. In fact you will be owning the car before I will.

Which dealer? Which color? Did you also go for a 2015 model? I am sure there were handsome discounts Do you mind sharing the details of discounts any other offers and the final price.

Not sure if you are planning for a tire and alloy upgrade. If Yes, please share details of that also.

Quote:
Run in was over long ago. Closing in on 3rd service now. Started using cruise after first service. Cruise fixes on minimum speed. One can still press the accelerator and go over set speed but can't go below unless cruise is cancelled by either/or button, brake, or clutch. Have noticed that rpms keep changing depending on the roads.
Oops. I saw the below post of yours saying you drive around 1500 rpm and have just started exploring 2000 rpm and assumed that you were still running in

Quote:
Got it! Sedate driver anyway. Drive around 1500 rpm. Have started exploring 2000 rpm recently. Getting a mileage of 20 kmpl in city and 22 on highways. Use cruise on highways set at 80 or 100 depending on the roads.

Last edited by Vigkey : 10th February 2016 at 21:04.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 22:53   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Congratulations Mr Prasanna.
Which dealer? Could you manage any discounts? If you don't mind, can you please share the on road price, assuming you are from Bangalore.

Girish
Hello Girish, Thanks. I am buying from Pratham Nexa. I am going for a 2015 model and got around 1.5 L discount when compared to the new reduced price of 2016 model. I managed to get sub 13L on road price.

Quote:
Congrats Prasanna!!! Welcome to the club. In fact you will be owning the car before I will.

Which dealer? Which color? Did you also go for a 2015 model? I am sure there were handsome discounts Do you mind sharing the details of discounts any other offers and the final price.

Not sure if you are planning for a tire and alloy upgrade. If Yes, please share details of that also.
Thanks Vigkey. Colour Urban Blue. Managed to get sub 13L on road price. Will share the final details on Friday.

I am planning to change tyres to Michelin PST3. Got a buy back quote of 3K per tyre for the stock JK and 7.6K for Michelin. Will be sticking to the stock alloys.
prasanna_indaje is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 00:04   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Girish, Thanks. I am buying from Pratham Nexa. I am going for a 2015 model and got around 1.5 L discount when compared to the new reduced price of 2016 model. I managed to get sub 13L on road price.

Thanks Vigkey. Colour Urban Blue. Managed to get sub 13L on road price. Will share the final details on Friday.
Wow Prasanna. You have got an AWESOME DEAL Looks like I got a very raw deal. Probably I should have bargained more

1.5 L discount compared to current price means ~12.7 lakhs on-road. That is less that the 1.3 Alpha and only slightly more that the 1.3 Zeta. Man, you got a steal at this price. Many congrats!!!

Quote:
I am planning to change tyres to Michelin PST3. Got a buy back quote of 3K per tyre for the stock JK and 7.6K for Michelin. Will be sticking to the stock alloys.
No dealer I know of is offering a better buyback for the JKs. Where are you getting the tires from. Hercules offered me 7.9k for the Michelins and 3k buyback. However, I was not keen on Michelins. And Yes, you are saving a lot retaining the original alloys.
Old 11th February 2016, 08:51   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Wow Prasanna. You have got an AWESOME DEAL Looks like I got a very raw deal. Probably I should have bargained more

1.5 L discount compared to current price means ~12.7 lakhs on-road. That is less that the 1.3 Alpha and only slightly more that the 1.3 Zeta. Man, you got a steal at this price. Many congrats!!!
@Vigkey: Guess Pratham had the last piece of 1.6 Zeta with them in Blue, that's what they told me. I had got a call for a 1Lakh discount.
You vehicle looks stunning. Waiting for more pics and a detailed ownership report.
Old 11th February 2016, 09:43   #3221
BHPian

Quote:

No dealer I know of is offering a better buyback for the JKs. Where are you getting the tires from. Hercules offered me 7.9k for the Michelins and 3k buyback. However, I was not keen on Michelins. And Yes, you are saving a lot retaining the original alloys.
@ Vigkey, I tried with Bimal, but could not extract more than what you were quoted. Pratham were better, but they did not have any Alpha 1.6 in stock. Hence settled for 1.6 Zeta. If I am not wrong, they still have a couple of 1.6 Zetas in stock (brown and blue).
For tyres, I got the quote from Millivisions.
Old 11th February 2016, 09:45   #3222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
@Vigkey: Guess Pratham had the last piece of 1.6 Zeta with them in Blue, that's what they told me. I had got a call for a 1Lakh discount.
You vehicle looks stunning. Waiting for more pics and a detailed ownership report.
No regrets Arindam. May be I did not get a great deal as some others in this forum. But in isolation, I still feel I got a decent deal and the vehicle is worth the money I pay.

I am waiting for my family to reach Bangalore and will be taking delivery only after that i.e. on 17th Feb. I will post a detailed review for sure.

Quote:
Brain says, you have already spent a lot on the car and accessories - So go for Car care treatment package. No use in spending more on Styling accessories.

Heart says, these guys will not do a great job for Under chassis and Engine coating. Teflon is waste. The Sun film might not be as good as 3Ms. So, get the styling kit done and do the rest of the stuff at 3M once I save a little more for that.

I am not too sure of the Lamination type flooring, if it will be really useful. But if I go for that, I might be left with nothing but the door visors. One main problem with the accessory list is that they are not having non-illuminated sill guards.
Friends, any thoughts on this? I need to confirm the accessories today.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 10:03   #3223
BHPian

@Vigkey, For 1.6 Alpha, you have got a very good deal. I tried with all 4 Nexa dealerships in Bangalore. No one had it in stock except Bimal. Final quote they gave me in Jan was 15L.
Regarding the under chassis and engine coating, I feel it is good to go for 3M. As you said, dealership may not do as good job as a 3M outlet.
prasanna_indaje is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 10:04   #3224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Friends, any thoughts on this? I need to confirm the accessories today.
Congratulations on deciding (finally) and getting ( very close to) the DDiS320 - Alpha.

Nothing seem worth of, and only the illuminated Sill guard ( bling factor) looks nice.
Spoiler calls for drilling on the panel and frankly to me it never suits a S Cross.
Name:  vg.PNG
Views: 2432
Size:  16.2 KB

Even if out of stock, you can fit the sill guard at a later date as the stock arrives.

Wishing you a smooth delivery process and an outstanding Ownership!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 10:08   #3225
BANNED

Quote:
1. Styling Accessories
[*]Door Visor: Rs. 1490[*]Rear Spoiler (including painting): Rs 6000[*]Illuminated Sill guards (not in stock): Rs 3790

2. Utility:
[*]Full Floor Mat (Lamination Type): Rs 6990[*]Car care treatment package (Includes the below): Rs 12990
If I were you, I'll go with Styling Accessories rather than the Utility. There is no doubt in it.

I have sworn to myself of not repaying the mistake I did in the two cars (Swift and Alto K10) by doing the floor lamination.

They strip the front seats, central console, rear seats, boot cladding for citing the floor lamination. Now there are faint squeaks in the Alto K10 that I'm trying to arrest.

For paint treatment etc, I'll prefer 3M all the way for the quality of work and attention to detail.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks