Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2016, 22:36   #3301
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
I am seriously hunting for a better grill design worst part in Indian model.
Same here. Has anyone managed to source the European grill yet?
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 22:39   #3302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
curious whether its really works! I am seriously hunting for a better grill design worst part in Indian model.
Its just a whistle, designed to "mimic the turbo sound". It can be fitted in any cars exhaust pipe.

Last edited by Rahulkool : 18th February 2016 at 22:42.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 22:53   #3303
BHPian

Quote:
curious whether its really works!.
I've seen several videos showing this item working fab. But i think the engine should also be loud enough, like an American muscle, to compliment this IMO
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 08:05   #3304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodest View Post
Price comes to around 10.4 on road. Car delivery not happened as yet.
Which dealer is this? Do you mind sharing the name and whether they have anymore stocks?

Contacted both kalyani and Mandovi, both quoting a lakh more saying they do not have any 2015 models.

Girish
Old 19th February 2016, 08:38   #3305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Came across this bizarre item while surfing amazon :
http://www.amazon.in/Replacement-Muf...ywords=s+cross
Sounds really really tacky IMO. Better to go with a replacement exhaust tip which will make it sound a wee bit better.
Old 19th February 2016, 10:11   #3306
BHPian

A week and 250 kms on the clock with 1.6 Zeta, following are my observations :
1. Car feels a lot more stable and solid compared my SX4
2. Average fuel consumption is hovering around 12 kmpl in the MID. I drive in traffic infested Bangalore ORR daily.
3. Michelins are proving their worth. Almost zero road noise.
4. AC (non ACC) cools the cabin within no time. One of the best ACs I have seen.
5. Seats are comfortable with good lumber support.
6. I am used to the turbo lag now and able to manage the city traffic. No more stalling in the middle of the road.

To summarize, loving the car.

Last edited by prasanna_indaje : 19th February 2016 at 10:26.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 10:32   #3307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Which dealer is this? Do you mind sharing the name and whether they have anymore stocks?

Contacted both kalyani and Mandovi, both quoting a lakh more saying they do not have any 2015 models.

Girish
He is talking about Sai Service NEXA Goa.
Old 19th February 2016, 11:21   #3308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
A week and 250 kms on the clock with 1.6 Zeta, following are my observations :
2. Average fuel consumption is hovering around 12 kmpl in the MID. I drive in traffic infested Bangalore ORR daily.
6. I am used to the turbo lag now and able to manage the city traffic. No more stalling in the middle of the road.
Similar situation here buddy, 12.9kmpl for my 1.6 in Bangalore traffic, usual runs are in peak hours. For the record it takes close to 2 hrs from North Bangalore to south, averaging 16KMPH! My Swift was giving 14.5kmpl, so in comparison fine with that.

Last edited by lovetorque : 19th February 2016 at 11:22. Reason: typo
Old 19th February 2016, 11:39   #3309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
2. Average fuel consumption is hovering around 12 kmpl in the MID.
Quote:
Similar situation here buddy, 12.9kmpl for my 1.6 in Bangalore traffic
A very naive question but I would still ask this - Have you reset the FE Indicator to Zero before you test the sample trip?

I ask this because it takes at least a few hundred kilometers and a lot of careful driving to bump up the MID by 0.1 KMPL if the last reset was 500-600 kms before.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th February 2016 at 13:26. Reason: Fixing quotes. :)
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 11:52   #3310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A very naive question but I would still ask this - Have you reset the FE Indicator to Zero before you test the sample trip?

I ask this because it takes at least a few hundred kilometers and a lot of careful driving to bump up the MID by 0.1 KMPL if the last reset was 500-600 kms before.
I used to reset for every tank fill, usually fill when DTE is zero till auto cut. Oddo is now @ 3500km. The tank empty to full FE calculation results are close to the MID reading.
During my Bangalore to Trivandrum drive I got close to 20kmpl, maximum rpm below 2300rpm (run-in ), the relaxed 6th gearing helps.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th February 2016 at 13:26. Reason: Fixing quotes. :)
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 12:02   #3311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Have you reset the FE Indicator to Zero before you test the sample trip?

Parag, I am yet to reset FE Indicator. Car had run 40 kms at the time of delivery and FE indicator was showing 8.x kmpl. Now after ~200 more kms, it is showing 11.8 kmpl. Still on my first tank of fuel. Will reset and observe from next tank onwards.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 12:42   #3312
BANNED

Quote:
My Swift's MID shows a 20% higher FE figure compared to the actual figure. If I get an actual FE of 20KMPL, the MID will show nearly 24.

Assuming all Maruti vehicles may have somewhat similar technique in calculating MID FE, your actual figure may be 10KMPL.
Old 19th February 2016, 13:05   #3313
BHPian

Proud Owner of S-Cross 1.6 Alpha!!!

Friends,

Took delivery of my Pearl Arctic White S-Cross 1.6 Alpha on Wednesday, 17th Feb which was also my mom's birthday. The delivery process was smooth and perfect from Bimal Nexa. They had arranged a cake with wishes for my mom and the customary Ferrero Rocher and a white flower bouquet. They had all invoices and papers ready and everything was setup to our satisfaction.

However, as we were waiting for the RM to finish his lunch and deliver the car, my daughter started crying uncontrollably and showed signs of fever and stomach illness. The sudden illness prompted us to have a hurried delivery and leave the showroom in a haste. All is well now and we are enjoying the car.

Got the Alloys and Tires changed to Momo Black Knight and Continental MC5 respectively from Sai Iyengar Indira Nagar. The experience there was not perfect. Anyways, I will leave the final judgement till Saturday when Ashwin will be back. His store manager was not ready to honor the buyback that Ashwin had committed to me.

Went to Nexa showroom to get a minor issue fixed and the RMs were very appreciative of the choice of alloys. At least 3 RMs came over to me and asked for the brand, model and price of the alloys and said it looked very good on the White S-Cross.

I will be posting pics and a detailed ownership review in the coming days. Once again, Thanks to all S-Cross owners in this forum for sharing their experiences and making me more and more comfortable to go with this car. Special thanks to sandygordon, Volkman, pannags, sudeepg, ajay_satpute and Mi10 for their excellent ownership reviews which reinforced the fact that S-Cross is an excellent car to own and drive.

Many thanks to GTO for his statement which made me look beyond DDiS 200 and S2 for this excellent official review!!!
Vigkey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 13:24   #3314
Senior - BHPian

Re: Proud Owner of S-Cross 1.6 Alpha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
My Swift's MID shows a 20% higher FE figure compared to the actual figure. If I get an actual FE of 20KMPL, the MID will show nearly 24.

Assuming all Maruti vehicles may have somewhat similar technique in calculating MID FE, your actual figure may be 10KMPL.
No, I drive both cars on regular basis.
Scross is pretty accurate compared to the Swift.

So far, I have observed a difference of only 0.5 ~ 1.0 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Friends,

Took delivery of my Pearl Arctic White S-Cross 1.6 Alpha on Wednesday, 17th Feb
Congratulations !!
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 13:48   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

I can say with confidence that S-Cross FE with respect to tank empty to full vs MID display are close (<0.3 kmpl difference im my observation). I've crossed 3500 km till date and all fillings were as mentioned above (DTE~nil to tank full auto cut), and MID reset at each refill. Not sure about the MID of Swift, as mine is first generation VDi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks