Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:41   #1801
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
How would be Yokohama A 348, 215/60/r16. I am getting a good deal for these. How do they perform as compared to Michelin Primacy P3St. I dont mind spending the extra buck for Michelin if tue difference in noise and ride quality is much. Sitting at the tyre shiwroom, so please understand my predicament.
Do you really want to upsize for want of a brand? I don't mean to confuse you, but given the fact that you are in the shop, here is my take,

1. Michelin P3ST - probably the best option in the price range of ~ 10k

2. Pirelli P4s - Are a good balance of sturdiness and performance

3. Goodyear Assurances - VFM! You can change them after 20-25k if not fully satisfied. (I've driven an EcoSport with Assurances and 35k on the ODO - the tyres behaved well in mixed highway conditions on our 3 day trip)

The Yoko Earth series are a good bet for our roads, but not available in the size the S-Cross demands

Last edited by pannags : 23rd September 2015 at 12:42.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:39   #1802
t0m
BHPian

Getting really awesome Vosen replicas, at very good prices.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150923wa0031.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150923wa0030.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150923wa0032.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20150923wa0027.jpg

Dealer is a very good friend of my brother in law and has assured that quality wise they are equivalent to the leading brands. Should i go for them, need suggestions please?
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:52   #1803
BANNED

Quote:
I'll suggest the alloy design number 4.

Looks great on the SCross. What are the prices quoted btw?
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:59   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Should i go for them, need suggestions please?
That call is yours to make, please remember that your wheels and tires are the only thing that are connecting you to the ground. An alloy wheel breakage can be catastrophic. If you feel that the dealer is being honest and in case he provides you with more cases wherein other people have used the wheels for a long enough period and are satisfied with the safety, then please go ahead.

Else I would suggest you stick to the originals.
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:05   #1805
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'll suggest the alloy design number 4.

Looks great on the SCross. What are the prices quoted btw?
The first three are around 26k for a set of 4 with buy back of 14k for the stock alloys, so will have to pay only 12k. The last one is Prestige UK and is around 29k. I would have gone for the forth one eyes closed if it would have been in machine black finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
That call is yours to make, please remember that your wheels and tires are the only thing that are connecting you to the ground. An alloy wheel breakage can be catastrophic. If you feel that the dealer is being honest and in case he provides you with more cases wherein other people have used the wheels for a long enough period and are satisfied with the safety, then please go ahead.

Else I would suggest you stick to the originals.
I agree with you, the heart says go for the replicas as nothing comparable is available with a branded one, but the brain says saftey first.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd September 2015 at 14:17. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:12   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
The first three are around 26k for a set of 4 with buy back of 14k for the stock alloys. The last one is Prestige UK and is around 29k. I would have gone for the forth one eyes closed if it would have been in machine black finish.
Yeah, you can even get them matte black from a modification shop.

Btw, can you share where the shop is . I am also looking to change alloys on my city, i would go for the first shade if it is available in 15inch
adik1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:19   #1807
Senior - BHPian

1. Has anyone got S-Cross TD to your choice of roads or guided route as per Nexa showroom people? Reason to ask is, they say they give 1.6 & 1.3 different routes

2. I haven't seen the GVW of i20 Active anywhere (even the brochure misses this value). Can anyone help with this value or atleast tell which one has better BHP/tonne? S-Cross 200 or i20 Active? Overall I believe i20 Active has a fantastic package, barring the cruise control, than S-Cross 1.3

3. Additionally if anyone has TD i20 Active & S-Cross 1.3, request members to share your experience with vehicle rollover on speeds over 120 Kmph.

Thank you
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:23   #1808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
1. Has anyone got S-Cross TD to your choice of roads or guided route as per Nexa showroom people? Reason to ask is, they say they give 1.6 & 1.3 different routes
Here the cars ( 1.3 or 1.6) can be driven in roads close to the Nexa showroom or request your RM and he will oblige.
I have seen TD vehicles coming to prospective owner's residence for TD.

No predetermined road as described by you.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:19   #1809
Senior - BHPian

One RM in Nexa JP Nagar, Bangalore, took me to a newly formed residential layout (about 10km from the dealership) for a test drive. As can be expected of the roads in such a place, they were pretty badly broken, lots of potholes, some smooth stretches, some places the road was just a strip of rutted mud. He encouraged me to abuse the car in such conditions.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:49   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
The RM in Kochi didn't specify any route and urged us to try out some of the poorer sections of the road (no dearth of that due to the metro construction work). We got an overall TD distance of about 5 KM but didn't push it since the S Cross wasn't the first on my cousin's list. Didn't try going fast but got it upto 80km/h on the stretch and didn't find any problems to note, got over the rough stretches with ease and comfort. I wouldn't try any manoeuvres to test vehicle roll on an open highway so...
I haven't driven the i20 Active so will leave any comparison to people who have. The S Cross felt quite stable and planted and masked speeds quite well with 80 being a surprise when I looked at the speedo. As someone who uses an Alto (2007 LX) as a daily driver I would say it felt like I'd jumped into a car 4 segments above and 10 generations newer.
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:08   #1811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here the cars ( 1.3 or 1.6) can be driven in roads close to the Nexa showroom or request your RM and he will oblige
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
One RM in Nexa JP Nagar, Bangalore, took me to...He encouraged me to abuse the car in such conditions.
Thank you guys; last Monday the RM didn't object to the route I took; one way was 10 Km. We took the back seat on return to check the rear seat comfort, in total it would've been 15 Km; that was with RM. Today the showroom guys (not RM) told me what I described here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
The RM in Kochi didn't specify any route...car 4 segments above and 10 generations newer.
Thank you sir
Old 23rd September 2015, 17:22   #1812
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2015 at 12:03.
aerohit is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:48   #1813
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik1984 View Post
Yeah, you can even get them matte black from a modification shop.

Btw, can you share where the shop is . I am also looking to change alloys on my city, i would go for the first shade if it is available in 15inch
Its's Ashok Motors in Sector 16, Noida. This guy sources the wheels from an importer in Mayur Vihar.
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:05   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Posting a few pictures of the car parked in my basement parking slot. Will post more after the alloy swap on Monday/Wednesday.
Hello friends,

Finally got my alloys and tyres changed at Sai Iyengar tyres. I ended up choosing the Goodyear Assurances.

Here are a few pics. Note: The before shot was taken in the basement and hence does not do justice to the alloys. I mean it shows them in poor light, literally speaking

Stock alloys & tyres

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-alloy_stock_1.jpg

New alloys and tyres,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-alloy_hrs_1.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-alloy_hrs_2.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-alloy_hrs_3.jpg

With this, planned mods for stage-I (Alloys & Tyres) have been completed.

In Stage-II, which is about a month, and I'm contemplating getting seat & steering covers and 3M paint protection. Perhaps, after the first check-up. I must admit that the stock seat fabric is very much to my liking.

Stage-III would be in about 6-12 months, and that would entail projector headlamps.

For now, I'm not even thinking about a remap kit (read happy with the stock performance)

Last edited by pannags : 23rd September 2015 at 19:06.
pannags is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 19:11   #1815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Hello friends,

Finally got my alloys and tyres changed at Sai Iyengar tyres. I ended up choosing the Goodyear Assurances.
The car looks fabulous in those alloys. Could you share more details of the same?

3M Paint sealant will cost ~ 6k+

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd September 2015 at 19:15.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks