Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2015, 18:22   #1696
BANNED

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
After a detailed planning including change of alloys/tyres, got my S Cross - DDiS200 Zeta today.
Congrats! Looks superb in this shade.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:25   #1697

Does anyone know whether the A/C control buttons have back-light option. It is very difficult to see the buttons if the cabin lights are off and it's dark outside.
Old 17th September 2015, 18:40   #1698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,
After a detailed planning including change of alloys/tyres, got my S Cross - DDiS200 Zeta today.
Alloys and tyres are as per my previous posts and done the change right away after delivery.
Congrats!

Nice choice of tyres and alloys too. As seen with the 'hippo' thread as well, a good set of alloys really bring a world of difference to the S-Cross.

Also, looks there are already 5-6 cars on the forum. And many more satisfied NEXA customers who have commented on their good experience even though they cancelled their S-Cross plans.

Wonder why there is still so much of scepticism on NEXA and S-Cross in the sales threads!
Old 17th September 2015, 18:45   #1699
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Also, looks there are already 5-6 cars on the forum. And many more satisfied NEXA customers who have commented on their good experience even though they cancelled their S-Cross plans.
Many haven't accepted that pricing which Maruti gave us!

If the S-Cross was priced a Lakh cheaper than the current ones, it would have been a seller as much as Creta is doing.
Old 17th September 2015, 19:06   #1700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Many haven't accepted that pricing which Maruti gave us!

If the S-Cross was priced a Lakh cheaper than the current ones, it would have been a seller as much as Creta is doing.
The 1.3 or the 1.6?

The 1.3 would be priced along with the Jazz if it were to be one lakh cheaper. Not a fair expectation IMO!

And the 1.6 was never going to be a major sales driver anyways with the imported engine and transmission, except for us enthusiasts. I think there should be a price correction or discounts for the 1.6 (alone) soon.
Old 17th September 2015, 19:12   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,
Alloys and tyres are as per my previous posts and done the change right away after delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I wished to participate in this discussion much earlier. I have been following this thread for sometime. I booked a Jazz VMT diesel in August. After TD-ing the S-Cross I cancelled my booking with Honda and took delivery of my Premium Silver S-Cross 200 Zeta on Sunday, 6th of September.

I hail from New Delhi and have recently bought a Suzuki S-Cross.
Congrats to the new owners of the lovely vehicle!!!

As seen from various posts, it is very clear that the pathetic alloy design by Maruti is one main reason for average and timid looks of the vehicle. Better alloy design has elevated the personality of the car a lot and I really liked Volkman's choice. It was among my initial shortlists. I somehow like odd numbered spokes (5X2 or 7X2) This is MSW 24 if I am not wrong. But I liked MSW 26 more.

How I wish I too can join the S-Cross club. Some personal commitments keeping me away for the time being Hope to clear up things within a month and acquire a premium silver S-Cross.
Old 17th September 2015, 20:03   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,
Congratulations Volkman! I was eagerly waiting for this post of yours. You are the one who brought regular updates on this car prior to it's launch. Wish you many happy miles with this car.

The alloys are fabulous.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 20:15   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,
Many congratulations on acquiring the S-Cross, thay too on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. That's one up for Bimal NEXA, given that they offered to deliver the car today.

Your alloys have simply transformed the X-over into a serious looker. The darker shade of the alloys blend very nicely with car - fantastic choice .

Can you please share the price of the alloys? I guess the MSWs are in the 50+ range, aren't they?
Old 17th September 2015, 21:32   #1704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Big Congrats on tour mew car!! I have seen you follow this car so enthusiastically and its heartning to see that you it now .
I only wish Maruti had priced it little lower and I would have joined the owners club too !!
Wish you many happy miles mate.
Abhi, me too was looking at the DDiS320 initially,but after the prices were revealed and considering my drive to be 99% city driving and extensive TD's on the DDiS200, this seemed to be the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Since you have already hinted that an ownership review isn't coming out in recent future, may be you can treat us with some nice photoshoot.
Thanks. Will do so on the photos as and when updates are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wonder why there is still so much of scepticism on NEXA and S-Cross in the sales threads!
My experience at Nexa is/was fantastic. Skepticism here is more of brand loyalty or just may be a bad experience as exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Congrats to the new owners of the lovely vehicle!!!

This is MSW 24 if I am not wrong. But I liked MSW 26 more.
Yes indeed it is MSW 24 in Gray and machine finish. Did see the MSW 26 but preferred more number of spokes.
Hope you get your S Cross soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
You are the one who brought regular updates on this car prior to it's launch. Wish you many happy miles with this car.
The alloys are fabulous.
Thanks.
LOL. I am active in some more current threads, don't expect me to own them too.
Even the owner of the shop was commenting as it looked like custom made for the Granite Gray S Cross. The alloys are gray and gels well with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Your alloys have simply transformed the X-over into a serious looker. The darker shade of the alloys blend very nicely with car - fantastic choice .
Can you please share the price of the alloys? I guess the MSWs are in the 50+ range, aren't they?
Thanks. Yes buying experience at Nexa (Bimal) was fantastic, but some RM's are learning or willing to learn from us as the case maybe.

The MSW alloys were bargained at 50k.

Sedan Vs Crossover(ignore the OEM alloys)
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20150917_214929.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th September 2015 at 21:54.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 22:57   #1705
BHPian

I just took my vehicle back from its 1st service. I had an issue with steering wobbling post 75~80 kph and since my car is driven mostly on Delhi-Jaipur and Gurgaon-Faridabad highways it was getting on my nerves.

Turned out to be a wheel balancing issue which should have been done by the dealer whom I got the alloy wheels & tyres fitted from. Anyhow, the problem was fixed.

The service was carried out at Maruti Sales & Service (Naraina) which is a regular Maruti service station. The team working on my car was said to be "specially trained" for the S-Cross. Hospitality was good, special thanks to Mr Lalwani. The steering does not wobble anymore.

PS: A note to prospective buyers and others looking to upgrade the OEM alloys. Please check that you get the wheels balanced & aligned after new alloys have been fitted. There were shocking 100gms and 55gms differences

*pictures coming in under 24 hours*
Old 18th September 2015, 00:53   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kottan View Post
Does anyone know whether the A/C control buttons have back-light option. It is very difficult to see the buttons if the cabin lights are off and it's dark outside.
Unfortunately you have to switch on the parking lights at least to get the backlight active on the ac control buttons. This also holds true for the compartment light below the ACC. The logic is you only need backlinght when there is dark outside and you should switch on your parking light to drive.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 02:02   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Unfortunately you have to switch on the parking lights at least to get the backlight active on the ac control buttons. This also holds true for the compartment light below the ACC. The logic is you only need backlinght when there is dark outside and you should switch on your parking light to drive.
Yes sir. The lighting in the cabin was the first thing that I loved about the car. There's light in the foot wells (driver & passenger), there's light in the glove box, the AVN system and the HUD lights go dim as soon as you turn on the headlights and all the consoles have a backlight which lights up on turning on the headlights.

PS: there's even a light & accessory power outlet in the trunk. not too bright though but something is better than nothing!
Old 18th September 2015, 09:05   #1708
Distinguished - BHPian

It is always easy to give an opinion to say OEM alloys are pathetic. But when you see so many owners changing the alloys on Day 1, its a shame on the Manufacturer. I have never seen so many owners changing the OEM alloys in a brand new car. Maruti should work on it and come up with an optional alloy soon. As we have already seen in this thread, a good set of alloys can really enhance the look of S-Cross which will indeed be a positive from sales perspective as well.

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,
Congrats volkman10 on taking the S-Cross delivery. Nice set of alloys there. And nice to hear about your Nexa experience as well.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:05   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hello fellow BHPians,
Congrats volkman10 on your latest acquisition and looks Uber Cool

Bro you have to send that pic to the Design Team at Suzuki man, Damn the Alloys looks exquisite

I was never a fan of the S-Cross design, but those Alloys have really transformed the looks by 3 folds up. Brilliant !!

Deserves a separate ownership thread bro.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:29   #1710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Bro you have to send that pic to the Design Team at Suzuki man, Damn the Alloys looks exquisite.
I was never a fan of the S-Cross design, but those Alloys have really transformed the looks by 3 folds up. Brilliant !!

Never intended to go the Suzuki way, but VW is taking time to upgrade its Product portfoilo and had to move away. Will be back in 2018 until then my Polo 1.6 will suffice to quench the enthusiast in me, when needed.

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th September 2015 at 09:37.

Most Viewed