Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 20:02   #9301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Guys, anyone availed pickup & drop for servicing the car? I just availed for first time in my whole life & Khivraj Nexa charged Rs 350 on that. No complaints, it was handled professionally well, but just asking if this were charged as I was under the impression car pickup & drop service was free of cost.

Note - The pickup & drop service was outsourced to third party Gear Shift Auto Assistance Pvt Ltd
I got the car picked up and dropped for the last service and it was done free of cost. It was at ABT on ECR
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 20:54   #9302
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I was under the impression car pickup & drop service was free of cost.
I believe it is free of cost for women customers, that's what I was told last time I checked with them. It's OK as long as it is done professionally, but the problem with some places(I have seen this happening) is that a random technician who stays in the same area as you is asked to pick the car up in the morning and drop it off in the evening. In this case it is very difficult to fix accountability.
ike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 21:39   #9303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I believe it is free of cost for women customers, that's what I was told last time I checked with them. It's OK as long as it is done professionally, but the problem with some places(I have seen this happening) is that a random technician who stays in the same area as you is asked to pick the car up in the morning and drop it off in the evening. In this case it is very difficult to fix accountability.
Yes, this accountability is what makes me very apprehensive in giving the car to drivers but this time I really had no choice. I hoped that it would be fine and gave it. Hopefully, the situation does not arise again as I was on tenterhooks the whole time the vehicle was being driven. Not worth the lost peace of mind

Last edited by arvind71181 : 11th October 2021 at 21:57.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 23:24   #9304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

9. Clutch was changed at 1.95 lakh kms.

10. Timing belt and supporting parts were changed at 1.75 lakh kms.
Any idea what these two replacements cost ?
I just got an estimate of 60k for clutch replacement. Have deferred it to next service till I gather some intel.
Just gave my car for 110k service. Doing a complete suspension overhaul. Front struts, control arms, link rods, rear shocks. Front suspension had started making thudding noise and rear was stepping out quite frequently.
Planning injector cleaning, clutch replacement, timing belt replacement in 120k service.
Old 13th October 2021, 03:08   #9305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
I just got an estimate of 60k for clutch replacement. Have deferred it to next service till I gather some intel.
60k should be the price for clutch set, flywheel, slave cylinder along with labour.

Quote:
Planning injector cleaning, clutch replacement, timing belt replacement in 120k service.
Better to change the auxillary drive belt too
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 10:22   #9306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
60k should be the price for clutch set, flywheel, slave cylinder along with labour.
Do we really need to change all of it? I guess the flywheel need not be replaced.

Quote:
Better to change the auxillary drive belt too
Yup. Will change all associated parts. Any idea of the cost for this?
Old 13th October 2021, 10:57   #9307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
Do we really need to change all of it? I guess the flywheel need not be replaced.
No need to change the flywheel unless it is worn out. That part is around 28k as it is an imported DMF.

Quote:
Yup. Will change all associated parts. Any idea of the cost for this?
Around 5k for the parts.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 07:30   #9308

Pls let me know the 60K kms periodic maintenance service cost estimate for S-Cross 1.3 DDiS,2019 .
Thank You
Old 18th October 2021, 10:56   #9309
BHPian

Completing 6 years with this amazing vehicle !!
I know it's surprising that someone like me who was always anti-Maruti, finally took the plunge with Scross in spite of having an advance booking for Creta ( both launched around the same time).
It's been wonderful for 6 years, rather it's my 4th car and the first time I have successfully managed to cross 5th year that too without any glitch or problems.
The car runs smoothly. Run it daily and it just keeps going and going and going.
The road is good or bad it keeps on going, zero rattles till date, original set of tyres, no music system glitch, zero part changes, 17 avg with 50-50 mix driving, superior AC cooling, good comfort in front and back seat. I am not sure there is any car which can be so good at the price points we are talking about.

I do agree it misses a few bells and whistles, but again it does its basic job as good as anybody and I suppose that is the first duty of a good car.

I hope I can keep it for the next 4 years and it just keeps going the way it's going.
Though yes I moved to an FNG after completion of 4 years warranty and it has further helped to control the maintenance cost and as well I have increased the frequency to 6 months considering the vehicle is ageing.

PS:- Kms driver 53000.
akshatmangal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 14:32   #9310
ike
BHPian

The car is doing OK, there are a few rattles from the dashboard(which I think might get worse if I ask the dealership/A$$ to open it up). Another problem I have had is uneven tyre wear. The Michelin P4STs are at around 33k KMS now and may run for another 10k more if pushed. Is it premature? Maybe. Though the alignment values are not perfect, the tyre shops I consulted(I checked with 2 shops) say that it looks like incorrect rotation has caused the wear rather than faulty alignment/suspension issues. I have to change the tyres soon, but need to rule out any suspension issues before that. Wondering if I should stick with Michelin or try Yoko or Contis. I know Michelin usually lasts twice of what it has for me, but I'm at fault too of incorrect rotation & maybe under inflation too.

I also think it might be improper rotation that screwed the tyres, though I rotate, align and balance my tyres every 5k KMS MASS tend to do their own rotation during the 10k service. This is fine if you haven't done any rotation before and ask for alignment balancing as a part of service, but it messes up the rotation if you follow a different schedule for the tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210917_140346.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210820_063652.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210730_170929.jpg  

Last edited by ike : 19th October 2021 at 14:44.
ike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 20:09   #9311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though the alignment values are not perfect, the tyre shops I consulted(I checked with 2 shops) say that it looks like incorrect rotation has caused the wear rather than faulty alignment/suspension issues.
Your rear toe is suspect, which I am sure you know points to the rear beam issue. The values are similar to what I see in my car.

Does your car creak or groan when going over an incline at an angle, or at any other time, when the weight shifts from front to back?
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 20:14   #9312
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Your rear toe is suspect, which I am sure you know points to the rear beam issue. The values are similar to what I see in my car.

Does your car creak or groan when going over an incline at an angle, or at any other time, when the weight shifts from front to back?
Did you get your beam replaced? I haven't noticed any sounds per se, and a faulty beam would have eaten up the tyres long ago, is it not? I noticed uneven tyre wear just now, it was fine till January. The odo is now at 64.5k KMS. I had checked for this at Porur Nexa on their lane tester and the side slip values came out OK. This was about 10k KMS back, sometime in March 2020.

Last edited by ike : 19th October 2021 at 20:19.
Old 19th October 2021, 20:25   #9313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get your beam replaced? I haven't noticed any sounds per se, and a faulty beam would have eaten up the tyres long ago, is it not?
I have not replaced the beam, my rear tires have inside wear just so slightly, maintaining a slightly higher pressure and tire rotation every 10K kms seems to have taken care of the issue. It really does not eat up the tires. The OG JK lasted 60-65K and I am on Michelins at 110K. The tires seems to be fine.

I found out about the issue post my warranty expiration. If you are within warranty show the values to nexa and ask them to fix the issue, they will replace the beam under warranty. Once outside warranty, the beam + bushes + dampers + labour would be around 30k. I am thus hesitant to do this job.

I am not really sure if the issue will progressively get worse, or the worst things that can happen with a faulty rear beam. If it is just tire wear (both set of tires lasted 50K+ and second set still going) and some creaking/groaning noises at times, I will just continue to drive with these issues instead of getting it replaced.

In other news, I had replaced the transmission oil and 3000 kms since the change, I can say that the hesitation while slotting into first gear in cold start is gone.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 21:41   #9314
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I have not replaced the beam, my rear tires have inside wear just so slightly, maintaining a slightly higher pressure and tire rotation every 10K kms seems to have taken care of the issue. It really does not eat up the tires. The OG JK lasted 60-65K and I am on Michelins at 110K. The tires seems to be fine.

I found out about the issue post my warranty expiration. If you are within warranty show the values to nexa and ask them to fix the issue, they will replace the beam under warranty. Once outside warranty, the beam + bushes + dampers + labour would be around 30k. I am thus hesitant to do this job.
My tyres are worn on the outside. My warranty expired in May
Within warranty period I had wanted to get this checked, Nexa Porur put the car on their lane tester and the sideslip values were normal. So not sure if I wore the tyres out by underinflating(During peak pandemic) or faulty rotation.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 09:11   #9315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The odo is now at 64.5k KMS.
Quote:
The Michelin P4STs are at around 33k KMS now
By this you mean, the stock JK Elanzos lasted only 31-32K? Did you face a similar problem then?

I got 58K out of the stock UX Royales, more or less in lines with Govi's. But ours are 1.3 and yours is a 1.6.

Since you are coming from Michelins, stick either to Michelins or Continentals and swap them in KL, where it is a good 1K cheaper than Madras.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed