Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 09:31   #9256
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
2. If you want to go for MS OEM system, cost will be an important factor. The android HUs are much cheaper than that. If you want Apple CarPlay then I suggest you go for the after market system. You will also be able to use it in any other car if you want in the future. The Nexa one will only be compatible with Nexa cars or S-Cross.
Quote:
2. I would recommend to go with an after market unit. There are many manufacturers from whom you can choose. You should check out the audio section. What you need to know is that there are Android head units, that comes with a play store and that opens up a lot of opportunities vs the ones that support AA and ACP.

My thanks to you both. After-market it is.
Old 27th July 2021, 00:29   #9257
Senior - BHPian

I took the car to the service station, yesterday, 26th July. ODO at 109890. PMS 110. Total bill 8100/-. This does not include Engine oil, as I had supplied the same. I had requested change of the transmission oil, and it was promptly done. I was in the glass waiting area available at nexa and I saw that while the initial transmission fluid was clear, towards the end of the draining process, it was black / dirty. The hesitation in slotting to gear felt like it went away, will have to drive little bit more to be sure. The engine is much quieter after the service.

In addition to this, I had asked the service center to check for rear toe as both left and right tires has uneven wear in the inner sides. The value as expected was out of range. I am yet to take a call on the replacement of the rear beam/axle. Cost is about 19k for the part and about 3 hours of labor.

Name:  rear_toe.png
Views: 2903
Size:  406.1 KB

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pms110bill.png

Questions:

If and when I decide to the rear beam/axle replacement, I would like to do the dampers and the bushes. What are the other parts that I should replace / I should inspect while getting the rear beam / dampers / bushes changed?
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 07:40   #9258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I had requested change of the transmission oil, and it was promptly done. I was in the glass waiting area available at nexa and I saw that while the initial transmission fluid was clear, towards the end of the draining process, it was black / dirty. The hesitation in slotting to gear felt like it went away, will have to drive little bit more to be sure. The engine is much quieter after the service.
A side question on the ‘hesitation’ experience - is this noticed in slotting to 5th and 6th gears primarily? Or across all gears? Over a long drive over the weekend, noticed this a few times but only at the higher gears. Currently the car is at 96k kms.
Old 30th July 2021, 22:03   #9259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
A side question on the ‘hesitation’ experience - is this noticed in slotting to 5th and 6th gears primarily? Or across all gears? Over a long drive over the weekend, noticed this a few times but only at the higher gears. Currently the car is at 96k kms.
I primarily had it at lower gears. The interval for change is 160K / 10yrs. I usually drive hard and mostly highway drives, so thought it is better to change.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:39   #9260
BHPian

I have been facing a little bit of stiffness/stickiness in my steering especially while turning towards the right for around 6 to 8 months. My car has done around 68K and it's five and a half years old. Although I did read about the steering column issues that were reported in the past, did not relate this issue to the ones others had reported. The folks at the service station took down the chassis, engine number and other details last Saturday. After two days they called back and said that they will try to get the steering column replaced as a goodwill gesture but denied any known issues with the steering column. Will have to wait and watch as to what the verdict is. The service center staff have been helpful till now.

Also noticed a little bit of fog like formation on the speedometer. Not sure if anyone else has this issue. I took a pic but the pic does not really show the extent of the blur. From my seating position I can hardly see the total KMS run. The service center folks said that it cannot be fixed, only solution would be to replace the speedometer. I have attached the pic for reference. Any thoughts on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-speedometer.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2021, 14:34   #9261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I had requested change of the transmission oil, and it was promptly done.
Was it for 1.6 or 1.3 ?
Getting the oil changed so far in advance is conservative but i guess reliability trumps over everything else.
Have you considered changing your clutch and timing belt as well?
My 1.6 Alpha has done 105k kms. I am wondering what parts I should change proactively. I plan to drive at least 1 lakh km more on this car.
Old 10th August 2021, 00:00   #9262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
The service center folks said that it cannot be fixed, only solution would be to replace the speedometer. I have attached the pic for reference. Any thoughts on this?
Hey, looks like they are just not bothered to change the speedometer glass. I've got it changed for my car for the exact same reason as you face. Make sure that they don't mess up rest of the dashboard. Given below the part no. for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20210809235527.jpg  

CrossLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 03:09   #9263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
Was it for 1.6 or 1.3 ?
Getting the oil changed so far in advance is conservative but i guess reliability trumps over everything else.
Have you considered changing your clutch and timing belt as well?
My 1.6 Alpha has done 105k kms. I am wondering what parts I should change proactively. I plan to drive at least 1 lakh km more on this car.
Mine is a 1.3. I am on stock clutch. No plans to change that, yet. I am getting the timing chain evaluated and it seems OK. There is no tell tale issues around that area.

At 120k, mostly, I would get the rear suspension sorted out and at 130k, clutch/timing chain, depending on what needs attention.
Old 11th August 2021, 12:49   #9264
Distinguished - BHPian

S-Cross 1.6 is famous for the mental turbo kick and also well known for poor low end. 320 NM torque figures on paper attracted many enthusiasts too...But what's the catch ? Let's see the dyno graph of bone stock S-Cross 1.6.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20210811123507__01.jpg

The numbers are at wheels. It made peak figures of 121 HP / 354 NM, yes more than the Maruti claimed figures. It could be over reading by the dyno, anyways that's not our concern. Look at the torque graph, it has a massive spike and drops very sharply which explains the mental kick at 2000 rpm region . The biggest drawback is driveability and poor low end.

A good remap holds torque curve for longer, you don't really have to increase the peak torque numbers a lot.. just say holding 300+ NM for longer revv band will result in better power. Have a look at my Stage 3 Wolf tuned graph. It made 70 HP more power than stock, all thanks to 300+ NM torque held till 4200 RPM.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20210811124604__01.jpg

Conclusion: 1.6 MJD is a great engine with lot of mod potential if done right

Thanks to BHPian kiloalpha for coming in for the dyno with his stock 1.6

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th August 2021 at 12:55.
Dr.Naren is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 19:00   #9265
BHPian

I'm facing Android Auto connection issue with OnePlus Nord 2 5G which is my new phone.
Old one was OnePlus 5T and the connectivity was pretty easy and still works.

Tried all options of cable change/cache clearing etc. But, no success.
It got connected somehow on 2 occasion, but refused after disconnection.

Anybody was successful if they have Oneplus Nord phone?
My car is 200DDis (2015)
Old 13th August 2021, 19:16   #9266
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I'm facing Android Auto connection issue with OnePlus Nord 2 5G which is my new phone.
Old one was OnePlus 5T and the connectivity was pretty easy and still works.

Tried all options of cable change/cache clearing etc. But, no success.
It got connected somehow on 2 occasion, but refused after disconnection.

Anybody was successful if they have Oneplus Nord phone?
My car is 200DDis (2015)
I had trouble with Android auto recently on my Oneplus and after lots of troubleshooting, updating the Android auto App did the trick. Not really sure what was wrong or whether it will work for all but worth a try.
Old 13th August 2021, 20:52   #9267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Updating the Android auto App did the trick. Not really sure what was wrong or whether it will work for all but worth a try.
Android Auto is a default App and it's already updated to the latest version.

I even tried by installing the "Android Auto for phone screens" App seperately. That also didn't solve.
Car connected couple of times but, on reconnection, situation back to square one.

On-line search on Oneplus forums found that this problem is very much there in Android 11 version phones of OnePlus.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 22:32   #9268
BHPian

No doubt. S-Cross 1.6 is one of a kind in India from the stable of Suzuki.
Is there any such one-of-a-kind product in the pipeline in India from Suzuki?
I am eagerly waiting and highly anticipating one such car from the Suzuki stable. Any insiders can probably open the bag?
Old 17th August 2021, 21:52   #9269
BHPian

Folks, I'm fence sitting on replacing my 6 year old Punto Evo with a S Cross, I peeped into the engine bay of the 1.5P S Cross and was able to appreciate the classy vitrified tile flooring the Nexa Showroom had, I think it was Kajaria.

Since I drive around a lot in Hilly terrain around Idukki and Nilgiris, on may occasions the Punto's engine protection plate has taken a beating, even with all that GC.

Is there any way to cover up that gap ? I saw in @Leoshashi s XL6 thread he used the Dzires part which seemed to be almost a direct fit on the XL6. But since the S Cross is a different platform would it fit ?

Also on Boodmo, there is a partial engine cover, I'm assuming this is from the old diesel varients which had some protection unlike the new 2020 model that decide to go commando. Will that fit if the Dzires cover is a no go?

Thanks
anand.shankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 22:27   #9270
Senior - BHPian

Got the CEL for the 2nd time on Sunday driving home on NH4. This time, am told its from the glow plug control module. For the moment, service centre said they've reset the error. Should I go for the replacement, or wait for another incidence. Odd is currently a touch over 60K.

Last time around the CEL came was also associated to glow plugs at 43K.

Most Viewed