Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2021, 18:51   #9241
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
However it's 4+ years now. Should I go for a pro-active A/C service anyway?
I own a Aug 2015 S-Cross Zeta. It is 6 years now. AC is still super chill without any issues (Touch wood). Let it run till it run. Do not do some thing proactive on AC.
Sree73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 15:47   #9242
BHPian

Wow! That's a great and detailed summarization. I own a 2019 model Zeta (facelift), and could absolutely relate to every single point of yours. Nothing seemed to have changed from 2017 to 2019, except cosmetics.

I would want to add:
- The gas shocks of the bootlid fail too quickly. But are changed under warranty after some haggling at MOSS.
- The driver seat on my car got creaky in the first few months itself, and it was sent to Maruti factory for some parts replacement. Problem resolved since then.
- Intermittent rattles and squeaks from rear door if not used for long, but resolved by some greasing and tightening during service.
- Rear washer chokes, if not used for long. So, keep flushing it from time to time.
- IRVM shhhhhaaaakesss like craaaaaazzzzzyyyyy.
- The Bosch touchscreen is very responsive and reliable. Original speakers perform well too (if you are not a finicky audiophile)
- Cruise Control lags a bit, so speed drops a few notches from the time of pressing 'Set'
- Lots of space for luggage and shopping, for a small family. Fits my 50 Kg Samsonite Hardcase with east. Miss tether points badly, so use the isofix loops and bungee cords.
- The plastic hook in the boot feels flimsy. Miss the underdash hook and dashboard cupholders from my Wagon R.
- My elderly parents are very comfortable in the rear seat and enjoy using the armrest.

Just wanted to express my love towards my SCross.
arnavpaitandy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 10:13   #9243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnavpaitandy View Post
- The gas shocks of the bootlid fail too quickly. But are changed under warranty after some haggling at MOSS.
Yes. This happens in our S-Cross too.
Old 27th June 2021, 13:23   #9244
Distinguished - BHPian

for those looking for a 1.6D: there is one listed on our classifieds
A 41k run 1.6 diesel - S-Cross Delta
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 10:12   #9245
BHPian

Hi fellow TBhp'an

Finally, after 65,158 km on Stock JK tyres (205 60 R16 sizE), I replaced tyres with Yokohama blue Earth GT AE-51. Here is my experience:

Tyres considered based on experience in various threads at this forum:

1. Michelin Primacy 3ST 205/60 R16 - Rs. 8900 per tyre
2) Yokohama BlueEarth AE-50 or 51 - Rs. 6800(for Earth 1) - Rs 7300/- for AE50 and Rs 7500 for AE 51)

Above is per tyre price including all labor charges plus alignment etc.
Initially looking for Michelin Primacy 3ST (Dr. Narine reviews) But somehow due to pandemic stock was not available plus in Mumbai (Chembur side), price including fitting was varying. Few dealers even were charging for tyre valves (Rs 150 per piece for triton tyre valve). Finally, I end up with Yokohama blue Earth GT AE-51, all the negotiations at different dealers. The price for four tyres was Rs. 30000 which includes Triton Tyre valves.

About Stock JK Elanza Tyres: threads we ok even at 65000 Km but see the pics side has gone bad. Noise as usual was on the higher side since the car was purchased. Handling I found to be acceptable. I decided to change as tyre life of around 5 years is over and the condition of tyre in view of upcoming trips.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_161705.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_162935.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_164042.jpg

About Yokohama blue Earth GT AE 51 tyres: Surprising factor for me was these tyres were Made In India, as I did not anticipate this part. Yokohama has earth 1 tyre (name) which is specially designed for Indian road and made in India. For AE-51, at least I was not expecting the same.
GT AE 51 is a superior version of AE-51 with an asymmetric pattern. With the readings, I did not find any difference with the AE 50. But on the Yokohama website, simulations resulted that they presented. It seems, there is increased stability.
[ATTACH=IMG_20210628_161110.jpg][ATTACH=IMG_20210628_161123.jpg][ATTACH=IMG_20210628_162427.jpg][ATTACH=IMG_20210628_162901.jpg][ATTACH=IMG_20210628_162911.jpg][ATTACH=IMG_20210628_163351.jpg][ATTACH=IMG_20210628_163836.jpg][ATTACH=IMG_20210628_164344.jpg][ATTACH=IMG_20210628_164812.jpg]Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_164920.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

After tyre change, no doubt there is a good feeling of Steering wheel now and ride quality has increased. However, with around 15 km of experience with new tyres, I found that noise is just 18/20 better. Maybe long trips will add more noise.

An important note on my survey: always change the tyre valves when replacing tyres.

Would like to know from fellow TBhp'ian about the deal I got and for further suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_161110.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_161123.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_162427.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_162901.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_162911.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_163351.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_163836.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_164344.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_164631.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210628_164812.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 29th June 2021 at 13:06. Reason: typos, grammar, spelling, punctuation
sumit1609 is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th July 2021, 11:58   #9246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swajith View Post
I am considering energy xm2+ (205/65 R16 95H). Please give me some feedback if any of you are using it.
I want to go with Michelin. The options I have are xm2 and Primacy 4st. XM2 is cheaper than Primacy but I am not sure if xm2 can be used for scross. Please help me choose
How does change of size from stock 205/60 to 205/65 work. After the recent price hikes Michelin P4ST in stock size is being quoted at 9250 in Pune. So I asked about Yokohama BlueEarth which in stock size is 7100 but 205/65 is 6500.

Please advise. My first tyre change from original stocks in original 1.6Alpha
Old 10th July 2021, 18:46   #9247
BHPian

Did Bangalore - Thrissur today. Long drive after a long time. Car didn't run much in the last 1.5 years. Used to run 20K KM avg yearly. But after Covid break out, just 6K KM in last 1.5 yrs.

Nothing specific about the drive. As usual, very planted and enjoyable drive.

Heavy rain in Kerala. Had a good wash by nature.
Did ~500KM in less than 8 hours. Was a very relaxed drive.

Few snaps. (odo touching 90K).
By the by, Car is 6 year young (just short of 1 month).
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20210710_150621.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20210710_150648.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210710_182821__01.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210710_182748__01.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 18:17   #9248
BHPian

Enough time at disposal. Relief from rain. So clicked few more snaps of old beauty
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20210711_181055.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20210711_181115.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-psx_20210711_181135.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20210711_165001.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 19:05   #9249
BHPian

I drive a 2017 1.3L S-Cross Sigma.

Considering that the Sigma is the base trim, I had an after-market 1-DIN audio system and speakers installed at the time of purchase from the dealer who sold us the car. That is equipped for CD, radio, aux and USB. I'm now considering upgrading to a 2-DIN touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. {It isn't a fully-formed plan yet, but I am thinking about it. With BS-VI & the onset of EVs, I think I am fortunate to have this car at this time. I just want to equip it so I can use it longer until, hopefully, the market settles down a little. (Is that too fantastic an aspiration?). It is only in the last year or so that I have even felt or been conscious of the absence of Apple CarPlay.}

I have the following questions.
1. Can I do this? Is this possible? (I read some other threads that suggest that it is possible. I can't imagine that it won't be possible.)
2. Does it make sense for me to go to a Nexa showroom and get the standard Maruti Suzuki Infotainment system with AA & ACP or do you guys have better suggestions?
3. Will it be as efficient as in cars which come with them fitted like the higher trims of the S-Cross? Or should I expect bugs?

The warranty period is long over.

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th July 2021, 16:13   #9250

Hi,

I am planning buy a s cross in the used market, the car i have decided upon is a 2017 model(pre facelift but with grey alloys) 1.3alpha variant. It has done 19500Km in 4years! When I came across the ad I was a little sceptical about the odo reading but all my fears were put to rest. The owner works in merchant navy so he is out of country for around 6-8months in a year, most of his running is inside city. The service centre is just a few hundred meters away from his house and after enquiring at the service centre everything checks out, he has done three 10k km service and one is pending. Since the car is out of warranty now I am planning to do the 4th year/40k service from the authorised centre and the succeeding ones from a known FNG who has been servicing our zen 95’ model since last 15years. All four tyres are new, full floor matting has been done, no extra unnecessary accessories fitted. Drove the car for a few kilometres and found now noticeably alignment or suspension issues, we were 3 on board.

Now the pricing- The original asking price was 7Lakh and we managed to bring it down to 6.7L beyond which he was reluctant to accept. I think it is a fair price considering the car is almost brand new except one/two minor scratches. So is it a good deal ? Should i be looking at anything specific ? Any particular issues pertaining to the pre-facelift 1.3ddis ?

P.S- I am selling my Jazz 1.2 V petrol 2016model 40K Kms for this. Quote from cars24 was 3.6L which i feel is too less, another local dealer was offering 3.8L this is the max i was getting. A relative of mine might buy it for 4L. The S cross owner has gone to turkey and will be back in november. A verbal agreement is in place, so I have 4months to discard my jazz.
I had aftermarket audio set up on jazz,
1.Stereo - Android HU with the honda frame.
2.Speakers- Front:Infinity Ref6520cx components. Rear: Alpine SPS610 coaxial.
3.Subwoofer- Blaupunkt xlf8 active underseat subwoofer.
4.Amplifier- pioneer GM6704 4channel powering the 4 speakers.
Will be retaining everything except the stereo.
Is stereo upgrade needed for the above setup on the Scross ? Was thinking about upgrading to Sony Xav 7000 HU and discard the pioneer amplifier, since the Xav7000 has inbuilt amplifier capable of 100watt*4 @4ohms along with 5v preouts !

Looking forward to your valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance
Old 25th July 2021, 18:11   #9251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchu90 View Post
Now the pricing- The original asking price was 7Lakh and we managed to bring it down to 6.7L beyond which he was reluctant to accept. I think it is a fair price considering the car is almost brand new except one/two minor scratches. So is it a good deal ? Should i be looking at anything specific ? Any particular issues pertaining to the pre-facelift 1.3ddis ?

Is stereo upgrade needed for the above setup on the Scross ?
I sold my2017 Scross 1.3 Zeta variant (23k kms) last December at a slightly higher price than what you had finalized. So seems to be a good Deal. I had extended warranty on my vehicle.

What is the condition of the battery, I had to replace my Scross battery in 3 years, the avg the battery life is 4 yrs, so this is one expense that might come up.

Even though the car has run less kms check if there are any cracks on the tyres. With the time, rubber becomes hard and you start seeing cracks.

I am not an audiophile and never felt the need to upgrade the HU, it already supports AA/Car play and system is pretty stable when compared to other units which have AA issues.

One thing you might have look at, at a later point of time is the upgrade of Headlights, the OEM lights are OK.

Thanks
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 20:19   #9252

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
What is the condition of the battery, I had to replace my Scross battery in 3 years, the avg the battery life is 4 yrs, so this is one expense that might come up.
Hi zaveed, you are absolutely right our vento's battery died at just over 4.5 years. Jazz's battery died around the 4year mark. Pretty sure if i am going to upgrade the music system i will also have to upgrade the battery. BTW battery was one of the points i used while bargaining.

Quote:
Even though the car has run less kms check if there are any cracks on the tyres. With the time, rubber becomes hard and you start seeing cracks.
I checked for dry rot but couldn't find anything significant. I will mostly be upgrading to a better rubber in 1-2yrs, till then i think this will suffice.

Quote:
I am not an audiophile and never felt the need to upgrade the HU, it already supports AA/Car play and system is pretty stable when compared to other units which have AA issues.
Cool, then i will stick to the stock unit and go with speaker upgrade for now. If i am not satisfied then will think of upgrading the head unit. I am very particular about audio quality in my cars. Good sound quality can make you forget all the niggles you have with your car & your life

Quote:
One thing you might have look at, at a later point of time is the upgrade of Headlights, the OEM lights are OK.
Are they similar to the ones on baleno? Because the HID projectors on them are pathetic on the highways!
Any suggestions for the bulb upgrade? my knowledge is limited in this regard, never had a car with projector+HID setup.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated!
Old 25th July 2021, 21:19   #9253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naadopaasaka View Post
I'm now considering upgrading to a 2-DIN touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

1. Can I do this? Is this possible? (I read some other threads that suggest that it is possible. I can't imagine that it won't be possible.)
2. Does it make sense for me to go to a Nexa showroom and get the standard Maruti Suzuki Infotainment system with AA & ACP or do you guys have better suggestions?
3. Will it be as efficient as in cars which come with them fitted like the higher trims of the S-Cross? Or should I expect bugs?

Thanks in advance.
1. There are two kinds of units from MSIL. The older ones are the ones from bosch and the later ones, frankly I dont remember the manufacturer, basically the newer ones are the same ones used in all the MSIL cars today. Both the units are strictly average in terms of audio quality. The older bosch ones are super expensive.

2. I would recommend to go with an after market unit. There are many manufacturers from whom you can choose. You should check out the audio section. What you need to know is that there are Android head units, that comes with a play store and that opens up a lot of opportunities vs the ones that support AA and ACP.

3. The AA implementation and bugs greatly depend on the HU / the quality of the cable / phone support, only if these three align, will things be smooth. So it is hit and miss and a lot of research online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchu90 View Post
Hi,

I am planning buy a s cross in the used market, the car i have decided upon is a 2017 model(pre facelift but with grey alloys) 1.3alpha variant. It has done 19500Km in 4years! Should i be looking at anything specific ? Any particular issues pertaining to the pre-facelift 1.3ddis ?
1. Check the rear tire alignment and check for rear toe. check for uneven wear at the rear tires. This batch of scross (including mine) has some issues with rear beam that MSIL replaces if the customer complaints. PS: not all cars are affected, if yours is not, then good for you.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 21:28   #9254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naadopaasaka View Post
1. Yes no issues. I know owners of Zeta/Alpha who have changed the stereo to an android system for the sake of features and screen size.

2. If you want to go for MS OEM system, cost will be an important factor. The android HUs are much cheaper than that. If you want Apple CarPlay then I suggest you go for the after market system. You will also be able to use it in any other car if you want in the future. The Nexa one will only be compatible with Nexa cars or S-Cross.

3. Both aftermarket and Nexa ones will be equally good.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 21:38   #9255

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

1. Check the rear tire alignment and check for rear toe. check for uneven wear at the rear tires. This batch of scross (including mine) has some issues with rear beam that MSIL replaces if the customer complaints. PS: not all cars are affected, if yours is not, then good for you.
Is it the one when u reverse over an obstacle you hear a metal clinging sound from the rear?! I had read about it in some 1.6ddis thread and thought it had to do with the 1.6L version. Thanks for the heads up, will definitely look out for the rear alignment and tyre wear before purchase

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks