Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2020, 14:02   #8986
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit_dennis View Post
i had faced the above issue of "double" sound and it was due to the bonnet not being closed properly. But i didnt have the other issue.
Thanks, will definitely check this part before way to Service Centre
Old 3rd February 2020, 04:49   #8987
Senior - BHPian

All, what is the average life of a front rotor.i have some serious steering wobble while braking and I suspect warped brake rotors. The car is at 98k and wondering if it is time to change them. Does anyone know the minimum disc thickness before replacement?
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:42   #8988
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I had gone for a Thrissur - Athirappilly - Valparai - Pollachi - Thrissur trip. I have noticed some noise coming from front (feels like from engine bay / wheel area). Whenever the car was on road with only soling, (the car has to vibrate, no issues while hitting potholes) there was some clanking sound - felt like some joint came off /nuts got loosen. There is nothing visible as such and there is no such sound on good roads. Wheel alignment and balancing were done on the previous day of the trip.

Also I have been noticing some odd behavior occasionally from the car while giving sudden acceleration from idle, mostly while starting off from small slopes. Feels like the engine shakes/shivers with some shaking sound from the engine. I have told about this during the previous service and the Maruti ASS people could not find any problem.

Is there anyone who faced similar issues? Mine is a 2016 1.3 Zeta, clocked 47K Kms.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 3rd February 2020 at 15:52.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 18:49   #8989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Whenever the car was on road with only soling, (the car has to vibrate, no issues while hitting potholes) there was some clanking sound - felt like some joint came off /nuts got loosen. There is nothing visible as such and there is no such sound on good roads.
I'm going to reply here - being as reluctant as a non-S Cross owner could be - I own a used Suzuki A-Star and have experienced something like that as well, and so have a lot of other A-Star owners on this forum. We all know it as a khat khat sound which only comes on slightly older tarmac (where the tar has been stripped away by the elements) and blue metal is exposed. We don't hear it when driving over actual potholes or on 100% smooth roads.

It has something to do with the front brake calipers; my FNG mechanic intends to get the caliper rectified at a local lathe (machinist's shop). Other A-Star owners on the forum rectify it from time to time by applying grease this part.

I hope that this adds some insight to what you're experiencing.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 11:10   #8990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
All, what is the average life of a front rotor.i have some serious steering wobble while braking and I suspect warped brake rotors. The car is at 98k and wondering if it is time to change them. Does anyone know the minimum disc thickness before replacement?
While your car has some decent mileage under its belt, still directly blaming the discs isn't a good way of troubleshooting. Similar vibrations can also be caused due to bad stabiliser bar bushings/link rods/wheel bearings.

Kindly ask your mechanic to check the discs using a deflection meter. The deflection limit for S Cross is 0.10mm(0.004 inch). If deflection is found then you have option of getting the discs skimmed or replaced as per your wish. The Standard/limit of S Cross front disc is 22mm/20mm respectively.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 01:33   #8991
BHPian

I am considering energy xm2+ (205/65 R16 95H). Please give me some feedback if any of you are using it.
I want to go with Michelin. The options I have are xm2 and Primacy 4st. XM2 is cheaper than Primacy but I am not sure if xm2 can be used for scross. Please help me choose
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20200209012125.jpg  

Last edited by BlackPearl : 9th February 2020 at 02:03. Reason: Typo
Swajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 07:33   #8992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swajith View Post
Please give me some feedback if any of you are using it. I want to go with Michelin.
No, I'm not using, but if I may ask Why? Are you a fan of Michelin?

OTOH, I'm using Yokohoma AE50 as suggested by @Dr Naren & fully satisfied with it. Have clocked only 4K Km & it's already proving it. Just give a thought for Yoko, if you're not a brand fan
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 09:11   #8993
BHPian

Quote:
I am considering energy xm2+ (205/65 R16 95H). Please give me some feedback if any of you are using it.
I want to go with Michelin. The options I have are xm2 and Primacy 4st. XM2 is cheaper than Primacy but I am not sure if xm2 can be used for scross. Please help me choose
I am using Primacy 4st since the last 20,000 kms. Replaced the stock JK tyres at 48k. The driving experience is way better with primacy. Also, the tyre quality in terms of punctures and changes in pressure is much more of primacy as compared to stock. I won't be in a position to compare xm2 with primacy as I have no idea of the performance of the energy series but I am highly satisfied with primacy. The set of 4 tyres cost me Rs. 36,000.
rickygupta2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 03:56   #8994
BHPian

I own an Etios (2011) that is due for replacement this year. My initial shortlists for the upgrade were City and Verna. But our road conditions are so bad that I started considering the sub-compact SUVs too. I shortlisted Ecosport and Brezza. I took a test drive of Ecosport petrol automatic. The performance was good as I expected. While I was prepared to accept the low mileage of Ecosport, the ride quality was not as good as my old Etios on good roads. On bad roads, it behaved much better than any sedan. I don't expect Brezza to be any different since it is close to Ecosport in dimensions. Will still test drive once the new Brezza is available for test drive later this month. I then stumbled upon S Cross. It is longer and shorter compared to sub-compact SUVs. I like the looks and it feels premium.

S Cross Petrol is going to be offered with a smart hybrid system and automatic transmission at the high end. I know one cannot compare the diesel and petrol versions. The new petrol version is not going to be available for a test drive until March.

That said, the ride quality in the present diesel version would not change much in a petrol version too. So I request existing users to advice on what ro expect on ride quality (good and bad roads, I live in Chennai), space, interior quality, and NVH levels.

S Cross petrol automatic seems to have the right mix to appeal to the mind as well as the heart. But I would not make the final decision without taking a test drive and looking at the feedback from existing users.

Last edited by amateurpro : 13th February 2020 at 04:02.
Old 16th February 2020, 00:37   #8995
BHPian

Been to "Tyre Empire" Whitefield today to get new tyres and the overall experience there was awesome.
When I went to Madhus last week for alignment, I even enquired about the new tyres and the price they quoted me was higher than what I got the tyres for.

At Madhus they even said there is no buy back for my old tyres but tyre empire has taken my tyres for 1100 bucks. Somehow I did not like the way the manager was responding at Madhus(Despite of reading all the reviews on Madhus in TBHP, I felt the same way at old and new branch (Wilson Garden) and it's the same person) and that made me to give a try at other tyre shops.

After googling I called up Tyre Empire Whitefield and the manger there was very polite and welcoming and answered all my queries very patently which made me to take the decision where to go for tyre change. I was even offered the best price compared to Madhus over phone itself and when I went there they stick to what they said and did not bother me at all.

Throughout the tyre changing process the technicians were explaining me the stuff and I was a happy learner.
I highly recommend this shop and give it a try if you are nearby.

After the tyre change the car is butter smooth.
Will provide more feedback once the car is driven on highway.

There is an offer from Michelin, if we buy 4 tyres we will get a laptop bag free and I got one

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th February 2020 at 01:54. Reason: Spacing for readability
Swajith is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 14:18   #8996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Hi Folks,

I had gone for a Thrissur - Athirappilly - Valparai - Pollachi - Thrissur trip. I have noticed some noise coming from front (feels like from engine bay / wheel area). Whenever the car was on road with only soling, (the car has to vibrate, no issues while hitting potholes) there was some clanking sound - felt like some joint came off /nuts got loosen. There is nothing visible as such and there is no such sound on good roads. Wheel alignment and balancing were done on the previous day of the trip.
Assuming the issue is similar to what I've experienced in my sx4, you probably need to change the suspension link rods of your car. It's a relatively simple job and each costs approx 400 rupees.
marutifan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 23:23   #8997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurpro View Post
ride quality (good and bad roads, I live in Chennai), space, interior quality, and NVH levels.
Its a stiffly tuned suspension, at 1st-2nd gear its not going to be as plush as say a Corolla (which I owned and can compare against), its way ahead of any Uber ride Ive taken though. Mid and high speed ride is its forte. Mine's handled all sorts of crappy to no roads outside town.

5 adults can sit comfortably. As a highway runner, has carried 2 plus 2 family with 2 week luggage hallway across the country.

Interior is acceptable for the price paid. You are a first gen Etios owner, so any present day car is leagues ahead interiors than what it had including current generation Etios

All are diesel owners here, diesel=clatter. If you are looking at the upcoming petrol, then current owner inputs are of no use in this aspect.
narayans80 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2020, 19:31   #8998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar View Post
With the amount you have decided on spending on the car, I suggest you to go for a BS VI compliant car.
Since you would be keeping the car for atleast the next 5 years a BS VI car will be peace of mind.
What are the sort off problems that will come with BS IV? I intend to keep the car for 10 years. I don't sell cars often.
Old 25th February 2020, 01:10   #8999
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Shashi.

Meanwhile, this happened yesterday!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20200223_185641.jpg

govigov is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 10:56   #9000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At Madhus they even said there is no buy back for my old tyres but tyre empire has taken my tyres for 1100 bucks. I was even offered the best price compared to Madhus over phone itself and when I went there they stick to what they said and did not bother me at all.
My experience has been the same, in the recent past, I have compared prices with Millivisions on Krumbigal Road and Sree Balaji Tyres on JC Road and always found the price quoted for tires to be on the higher side at Madhus/Tyre Professionals. I have bought the tires elsewhere and got the Hunter Balancing/Alignment done at Tyre Professionals (Madhus Branch) to mitigate this issue...
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks