Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2018, 21:55   #8551
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am observing air condition functionality issue in my S-cross (June 2017 model). I am not sure if anyone observed the same issue in your S-cross. Let me explain the details, when I am driving my car keeping the a/c in the recirculation mode and when I am passing through a nearby drainage or any garbage dumping area, where the outside has foul smell, immediately I could feel the foul smell inside my car. I have been observing this since last year when I purchased it in August month. But I forgot to mention this during my first and second service to Maruti Service guys. I feel at least in the recirculation mode, we should not get the outside smell. Correct me if my assumption is wrong. Let me know if anyone observed similar issue. Any fix for this, please suggest.

This happened in my Swift Vdi 2014 model as well immediately after purchase. Could get all kind of odours in the car while travelling through polluted places. Got it to the notice of the service advisor at the time of 1st service and they denied there being an issue.

Only after making them drive the car through a garbage infested stretch was the problem acknowledged by them. But they didn't have any clue why it happened so got them to check the fresh air vent before the air filter which was found not closing properly. Got them to fix it at the workshop. The issue hasn't resurfaced in the last 3.5 years.
Old 4th July 2018, 10:35   #8552
BHPian

Average Speed and Km/L

Can someone tell me how the average speed is calculated, i have traveled around 700 kms on the highway and was driving between 100-110 km/h constantly, but the average shows only 25.6. I have seen it hardly change no matter how many kms i drive either in city or Highway.

Same goes with the avg km/l it seems to be stuck at one point. During the highway drive it showed 20.7 km/l,been driving in city from the past 3 days and it is still the same.

I will reset both once in a while and once the initial reading is calculated it does not move up or down much, just a variance of 1-2 kms.

Is this normal?

Thanks
Old 7th July 2018, 13:40   #8553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Can someone tell me how the average speed is calculated, i have traveled around 700 kms on the highway and was driving between 100-110 km/h constantly, but the average shows only 25.6. I
Just reset the average speed by long pressing the toggle switch. Your avg of 25.6 might be from the starting of the car ownership.
Old 8th July 2018, 04:54   #8554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
I will reset both once in a while and once the initial reading is calculated it does not move up or down much, just a variance of 1-2 kms.
Sorry. I missed this portion of your post. What you can do is to reset the average speed just before going on a long highway drive and see how the numbers come out.

Generally, I reset it before going on a long drive and get 67 - 70 KM/Hr avg speed for a Bangalore - Thrissur drive.

Once back in Bangalore, it drops down to 20 in a month's time.
The calculation is based on the distance travelled and the time the engine is on.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 23:45   #8555
BHPian

The sheer pleasure of driving your own car, after romping about in Zoomcars for 3 months in a different city is something one has to experience.

The S-Cross is aging like fine wine.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180708_183123.jpg  

Old 9th July 2018, 02:05   #8556
Senior - BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20180707_173631.jpg

Hit this fancy number yesterday. Took the car to a wash. Here is another random picture of the car taking its weekly fill.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20180708_194843.jpg
govigov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 16:47   #8557
BHPian

Planning to get a dashcam installed in my S Cross. The model I am interested in is of the type that is stuck/glued near the top of the windshield and not the type hanging below IVRM. In the usual position, it could possibly interfere with the auto wiper sensor and/or IVRM sensors.

So, I am looking for any inputs on the optimal position for installation.
Old 18th July 2018, 07:56   #8558
BHPian

Just came back from a trip to Nainital from Ludhiana. A distance of 1300 km was covered. The car's performance on the plains is really good and unmatchable. The comfort is great both for the driver and the co-passenger. Space is so much that you can literally fit another car in the S-Cross.
But there is one big disappointment. And that is the reaction of the car when going uphill. The 1.3 liters engine is too small to go uphill with full force. You either have to shift the gear down to the first if it is a little steep rise or the second one. No chance of the car picking it up at the third gear even if the momentum has been made before hand.
And once you stand on a steep hill (due to traffic from the other side) the car simply refuses to go up until the race paddle is pushed a little hard to generate more RPM. Such an amazing car S-Cross is but completely lacking the power. Did anyone else feel this?
I may be biased because this is my first underpowered diesel car. I have been driving a Honda City petrol and an XUV 500 diesel on the hills and none of these have even slightest problem even at the toughest of the terrains.
rickygupta2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 08:56   #8559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickygupta2 View Post
Did anyone else feel this?
Very normal of 1.3 DDiS Engines. The experience is compounded further when you have full passenger and luggage load and the AC is ON.

However, this is felt only when you suddenly stop midway on a climb - Steep ramp, steep hairpin curve etc. You have no choice but to shift to 1st, rev the RPMs to at least 2000-2300 and then release the clutch and remain in momentum till you complete the climb. Up shifting to 2nd works too as long as there is no 'gap' between successive gear changes or else you will again need to shift to 1st.

The lag coupled with the fact that the Turbo comes to aide at nearly 2K RPM is what causes this.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 09:57   #8560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Attachment 1780041

1780042[/ATTACH]
Well I think from the FE figures, you really had a fun drive
Old 18th July 2018, 21:55   #8561
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Very normal of 1.3 DDiS Engines. The experience is compounded further when you have full passenger and luggage
Even 1.6 DDiS behaves identically here. However, good thing is that once car gets moving, any motorable incline is easily climbed! So it's better to avoid such mid way stops during steep climbs as far as possible. Releasing clutch slowly is important besides achieving requisite RPMs before clutch release. Normally if there are vehicles behind and honking, driver tend to release the clutch rather quickly which aggravate the problem further.

Last edited by Sip : 18th July 2018 at 21:57. Reason: Addition of point
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:32   #8562
BHPian

I was just looking at the sales numbers for scross. It's been outselling cars like City and Verna and even the Ciaz in the recent past. Captur, duster and terrano are far behind too. Creta is far ahead but it does have 3 engines and a number of variants including automatics. If maruti is able to equip this car with more engine/transmission combinations it's quite possible that they could actually hit 10K mark with scross.
vishnurp99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2018, 12:59   #8563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
Planning to get a dashcam installed in my S Cross. The model I am interested in is of the type that is stuck/glued near the top of the windshield and not the type hanging below IVRM. In the usual position, it could possibly interfere with the auto wiper sensor and/or IVRM sensors.

So, I am looking for any inputs on the optimal position for installation.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4319429
Old 24th July 2018, 06:40   #8564
Senior - BHPian

I am getting "Key fob battery low" message constantly.

I tried both keys and the message remains on the dashboard. Can showroom guys fix this or do I need to go to service center?
Old 24th July 2018, 07:42   #8565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I am getting "Key fob battery low" message constantly.

I tried both keys and the message remains on the dashboard. Can showroom guys fix this or do I need to go to service center?

The service centre can change the batteries and would cost you ₹ 77 per fob.

Alternately also there is a DYI in this thread if you chose that route.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks