Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2018, 21:10   #8641
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
This is most likely the reverse gear crunch which happens in some cars. Could be due to the clutch not getting disengaged fully or due to worn out synchro rings on the reverse gear. I don't think the reverse gear on this car has synchro rings so most likely it would be the clutch not getting fully disengaged. Are you pressing the clutch fully when engaging gears. Another thing to check would be the gear oil level.
This problem arises only after car is standing for couple of days or more. I checked it in office parking but there is no sound. The gear oil is at normal level. Is it possible that brake may create this sound?
Old 8th October 2018, 00:50   #8642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
This problem arises only after car is standing for couple of days or more. I checked it in office parking but there is no sound. The gear oil is at normal level. Is it possible that brake may create this sound?
Does the sound come when engaging the reverse gear or when the car starts to actually move back. The gear crunch i am referring to happens when you slot the gear into reverse.

If the sound is coming when the car is actually backing up then it could be your handbrakes sticking. Get that checked.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 00:59   #8643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hear loud sound like something grinding or cracking and the car reverses normally...

If I move the car front and then try to engage reverse then this sound does not come. ..
Ask any old school driving teachers, they'll say you always have to move the car to the front (especially the first time of the day) before you engage reverse. Please engage reverse direct only if you don't have a scope to move at all. Guess it's to do with the transmission oil running proper or so - I really don't know the technical reason behind it, but I follow this relegiously. I have had issues at times to engage the reverse as the first option, never had issues while doing the first gear and then reverse.

Never happens after the first drive of the day either.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 15:45   #8644
BHPian

Quote:
Does the sound come when engaging the reverse gear or when the car starts to actually move back. The gear crunch i am referring to happens when you slot the gear into reverse.

If the sound is coming when the car is actually backing up then it could be your handbrakes sticking. Get that checked.
I will check this behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ask any old school driving teachers, they'll say you always have to move the car to the front (especially the first time of the day) before you engage reverse. Please engage reverse direct only if you don't have a scope to move at all..
I have to reverse because of difficult parking spot. Facelited Scross's higher turning radius makes it worse. I am doing it this way for 2-3 months but sound is heard from last couple of weeks.
findviru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 19:20   #8645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I have to reverse because of difficult parking spot. Facelited Scross's higher turning radius makes it worse. I am doing it this way for 2-3 months but sound is heard from last couple of weeks.
Just a hunch - may be since the temperature is dropping? My suggestion in this case is to keep the car a little backwards while parking it the previous evening / night so you have enough place to move to the front in the morning. And I don't mean to say you need lots of space, it just needs to be 4-5 inches.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 12:19   #8646
BHPian

Folks,
Is there a setting for the windows to roll up automatically upon locking the car?
Or this option does not exist in the new Scross.
Old 11th October 2018, 15:27   #8647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Folks,
Is there a setting for the windows to roll up automatically upon locking the car?
The feature has never been available on the S-cross (or for that matter any maruti). I installed this on my swift as an after market accessory from a local shop. You could look at such options
Old 11th October 2018, 16:01   #8648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Folks,
Its not available by default. You can get it done at a local store. I checked it earlier and was quoted 3200 rs for the installation.

Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 17:39   #8649
BHPian

Guys,

Need some advice. I own pre-facelift Zeta DDis 200 and have felt the need to upgrade its weak headlights. The upgrade is now necessitated owing to an upcoming drive wherein I plan to cover major distance during the night. The options available now are:

a) Upgrade the lamps to 90/100 configuration along with the harness
b) Upgrade it to HIDs- have been informed by the car accessories shop that it would be plug and play without any cutting/splicing of wires; I have Osram's DH4 Xenon 6K HID Conversion Kit (12V, 35W) in my mind to go ahead with.

Will option b a better one to go ahead with?

Last edited by unleash_thunder : 14th October 2018 at 18:08. Reason: Incomplete sentence
unleash_thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 10:24   #8650
BHPian

Quote:
I checked it yesterday after ensuring that car is standing for 3 days. There was no sound. My guess is that it comes when hand brake is engaged and still I try to reverse.

Quote:
My suggestion in this case is to keep the car a little backwards while parking it the previous evening / night so you have enough place to move to the front in the morning.
Thanks for suggestion.Sadly there is no extra space behind. Two wheelers are parked behind and my parking space is exactly 4.3 m.
findviru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 15:59   #8651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleash_thunder View Post
Guys,

a) Upgrade the lamps to 90/100 configuration along with the harness
b) Upgrade it to HIDs- have been informed by the car accessories shop that it would be plug and play without any cutting/splicing of wires; I have Osram's DH4 Xenon 6K HID Conversion Kit (12V, 35W) in my mind to go ahead with.

Will option b a better one to go ahead with?
I'd actually look at other options, such as Philips Extreme Vision Plus or so of the stock size. I used the same in my Etios and was pleasantly surprised with the throw and increase in visibility.
Reasons as follow:

a) an upgraded 90/100 configuration would be blinding for other drivers.
b) HIDs without projectors may see light scattering - which wouldn't give great visibility to you, nor would it help oncoming traffic.

Optionally, many S-Cross owners have gone and installed XP Micro in the spot of their fogs and are exceedingly happy with the same. BHPian Dr.Naren would be a good person to get in touch with regarding the same.

As for me - I have installed HIDs in the fog lamps to help visibility in our monsoon covered roads and haven't seen a significant improvement - so don't recommend doing this. Unfortunately my headlights are projectors with the 25W bulb so cannot upgrade them either. (S-Cross 1.6 Pre FL).
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 17:17   #8652
BHPian

That is because the reverse gear is not syncromesh. All other forward gears are syncromesh.

Pradeep

Quote:
Ask any old school driving teachers, they'll say you always have to move the car to the front (especially the first time of the day) before you engage reverse. Please engage reverse direct only if you don't have a scope to move at all. Guess it's to do with the transmission oil running proper or so - I really don't know the technical reason behind it, but I follow this relegiously. I have had issues at times to engage the reverse as the first option, never had issues while doing the first gear and then reverse.

Never happens after the first drive of the day either.

Last edited by pradkumar : 15th October 2018 at 17:25.
pradkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 20:57   #8653
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross at the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Dakshin Dare rally!

Old 16th October 2018, 01:39   #8654
BHPian

I am having an issue with my Android auto connectivity. On connecting the phone, Android auto works fine. After sometime ( say 5-10 mins), the connection freezes and i have to disconnect and reconnect. The connection freezes after 5-10 mins.

I had the issue with 1750 and updated to 1760.1 doesn't solve the issue. I have already tried debugging with different cables /phones . Do anyone faced a similar issue?
Old 16th October 2018, 08:47   #8655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo_Dev View Post
I am having an issue with my Android auto connectivity. On connecting the phone, Android auto works fine. After sometime ( say 5-10 mins), the connection freezes and i have to disconnect and reconnect. The connection freezes after 5-10 mins.

I had the issue with 1750 and updated to 1760.1 doesn't solve the issue. I have already tried debugging with different cables /phones . Do anyone faced a similar issue?
Try after enabling developer options in your phone. That's one of the generic fixes for android-auto 'freezing and hanging' issue.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks