Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 15:45   #8776
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Got my 50K service done. Bill came up to 12,500 which included interior cleaning & body polishing that cost 1,500 ( Bimal, Bangalore did not do a good job though. They have promised to send someone on Saturday to get it done properly)

After 50K kms, observations were hard clutch ( not sure if they are suggesting replacement) and wobbling tyres that need replacement. Frankly never felt the wobble even at highway speeds and the Goodyears that I have looks set for 10K kms more. Just wondering if I should take the observations seriously.
SafeDrive0107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 20:45   #8777

Hi. My S Cross 1.3 Zeta is now 3 years old and run 15000 KM. Last service done was at 10000 KM but around 1.5 - 2 years back. Limited running as I was away for an year.
Coolant is being changed now with Radiator replacement (body work).
What else is adviced now?
Planning to do Engine Oil and Oil Filter.
What about Brake, Clutch Fluid and Air Filter?

Please suggest what should be done and what should be deferred till 20000 KM?

Kamal
KAMALJHA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 23:48   #8778
BHPian

65000 and counting
Needed a clutch overhaul. I am a bad driver as far as the clutch is concerned, add to that the remap and those insane wheelspins attempted. Total damage 12k for the same. Now clutch has become more smooth but not as soft as it used to be in the first 20k km. Engine sounds more gruff now. But suspension is still awesome..
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20190421_dsc70043.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st May 2019, 21:35   #8779
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
60,000 Kms Service Update:[*]EGR Cleaning - Clean.

It was a long day at MASS, EGR cleaning does require a lot of effort and time.
Hi, was the EGR cleaning labour included in the service charges ?
Old 1st May 2019, 22:35   #8780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hi, was the EGR cleaning labour included in the service charges ?
Yes. I did not pay anything extra for EGR.
sinharishi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 13:28   #8781
BHPian

Got front left wheel bearing changed, it had gone kaput. Diagnosed during WA WB yesterday.

Part costed INR 1453, plus labor almost INR 1000.

Leaving for Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi tomorrow, Odometer at 1,07,900 KMs.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_201905021310502.png

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_201905021310562.png

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20190502_114718.jpg
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:43   #8782
Senior - BHPian

Mine is arguably the least run SCross on the forum. In the 3.5 years of ownership, the odometer is at 37k Kms. Although I use it daily to office, and one 2k KMs long drive, the KMs are just not piling up.

Was my decision of investing on a diesel engine car worth it? I do not want to do the maths, but its a great product (besides couple of common issues). It is fuel efficient, it is spacious, decent sized boot, excellent brakes, decent entertainment system and a very good service support.

With the announcement from Maruti of discontinuing 1.3 diesel engines, the resale value of SCross might take a jump of the cliff. But I will stick to the car for another 2-3 years at least. I am sure it will last that long enough, unless the parts start becoming hard to procure.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 15:08   #8783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
With the announcement from Maruti of discontinuing 1.3 diesel engines, the resale value of SCross might take a jump of the cliff.

I think it will be other way round. 1.3L engines may see increased resale value, as the new comparable engines will be costlier by 1 L or more. 1.3L will continue to get support as it is the highest sold engine in India.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 14:27   #8784
BHPian

I have started hearing and 'ENJOYING' the engine grunt and wind noise from yesterday. Guess what, changed the stock tyres @ 37600 Kms ! Gone for 205 65 R16 instead of the stock 205 60.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 6th May 2019 at 14:31.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 23:04   #8785
Senior - BHPian

So, on Saturday, on the regulat Trivandrum to Ernakulam drive, after about 150 kms, the engine lost power, turned on blinkers and coasted to the road side. The check engine light is on. That is definitely not normal, the scanguage II was connected as usual, so quickly checked for the error code - P0089. Noted that down. Shutdown, restart, the engine is back to normal, and I start my drive, around 2 kms later the same thing, this time the car is refusing to start. So, I shut down the whole thing and started googling for P0089. The high-pressure diesel pump, attached to the intake manifold is malfunctioning. OK, so, why is not going to the limp home mode, it cannot cause further issues down road, I suspected, high accelerations as culprit. Tried starting the car, and it started again, this time, I kept the speed below 60 and it was fine for another 30 odd kilometers, before bogging down. This time, I was overtaking a slow lorry, luckily I had my windows down, so I turned on blinkers and wavexd to the lorry driver, who understood something was wrong and braked. Coasted to the side of the road and called RSA. A guy came over on a 2 wheeler and I showed him the code, he concurred about the high pressure pump, and we took the car to the nearby workshop as he said that, this may happen again and the next time, it happens, the car may refuse to start. It is better to leave it at the workshop (MASS) rather than getting towed. So, took the car slowly on a 2.5 kms journey to the nearby MASS. (HERCULES CHUNGAM, ALAPUZHA) , took an uber rest of the way.

Follow up with HERCULES - the SA calls me at 3 PM and says that there is no code and he took the car on a 30km test drive. I am like, what, it should be in the stored codes! He says, sorry, he may need the car for a longer time. I said, sorry, I am coming to pick up the car tomorrow (Sunday)

I was devasted so, I called up the kerala TSM, sivakumar sir, who is a very kind gentleman, who listened to my issues and said he will talk to the workshop manager of HERCULES CHUNGAM, Mr Abhilash.

Sunday morning, I had a function at home and post lunch, I was ready to go to HERCULES again (50 kms from home) when I got a call from the HERCULES, stating that they were able to read the error this time. So, I asked what happened from yesterday, and he said that they put the car on idle for a long time and it popped up.

So, today, I went to that place for a visit, so that I can take the photo of the failed part, and I spoke to the technician, who said, that they needed to upgrade their software. They were unable to communicate to the car the first time, and this time, they were able to 'talk' to the car.

The high-pressure fuel pump is due for warranty replacement. The part to arrive on Tuesday, I can collect the car on Wednesday. I asked for photo of their test results.

The warranty is over at 80,000 km failure happened at 79,120 km. Cost of the new high-pressure pump, approximately, 28k.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20190506_151239.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20190506_151649.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190505-15.53.45.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190505-15.53.46-1.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190505-15.53.47.jpeg
govigov is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 23:38   #8786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Mine is arguably the least run SCross on the forum. In the 3.5 years of ownership, the odometer is at 37k Kms. Although I use it daily to office, and one 2k KMs long drive, the KMs are just not piling up.

Was my decision of investing on a diesel engine car worth it? I do not want to do the maths, but its a great product (besides couple of common issues). It is fuel efficient, it is spacious, decent sized boot, excellent brakes, decent entertainment system and a very good service support.

With the announcement from Maruti of discontinuing 1.3 diesel engines, the resale value of SCross might take a jump of the cliff. But I will stick to the car for another 2-3 years at least. I am sure it will last that long enough, unless the parts start becoming hard to procure.
Don't jump the queue sir. Mine is 3 years old and run 15k. My running had drastically come down from what was expected and sometimes I keep thinking did I take the wrong decision of getting a diesel one as the maths never added up. Putting the car on sale did come up in my mind several times but SCROSS pre facelift model already has a very low value in market and hence thought why sell it at a loss(car is as good a new one) . Hence run for few more years and then replace. With respect to your point on resale value drifting downwards due to production halt of 1.3 engines, I don't think it will happen and this is my gut feel

Last edited by Ananthc : 6th May 2019 at 23:40. Reason: Spelling
Old 7th May 2019, 23:42   #8787
ike
BHPian

Saturday I woke up to Govi gov's predicament described above that he had shared in the Scross owners whatsapp group, that's when it occured to me that my warranty extension from 4yrs/80k KMS to 5yrd/100k KMS is not done. Drove to the dealer and got it done.

My experience with Nexa has been consistently poor (I have posted about their service center in the relevant thread). I had renewed my insurance through the dealer and had wanted to redeem the points in the nexa card. The option to swipe the nexa card was available only at another branch so they took the card and offered to send it to me by post once the insurance was renewed. Afterwards, I receive a call saying the card is damaged (I did not observe any damage when handing it over) and that they have ordered a replacement card but to renew insurance, I need to pay them 1700INR more which I did immediately. I did not hear from them again until the insurance renewal was due again. When asked about the card & the points, they denied having taken/applying for a new one. Multiple emails to the TSM, zonal & regional managers have gone un answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
I have started hearing and 'ENJOYING' the engine grunt and wind noise from yesterday. Guess what, changed the stock tyres @ 37600 Kms ! Gone for 205 65 R16 instead of the stock 205 60.
Though any tyre is better than the stock JKs, what brand did you buy? Is the ride more supple with a bigger sidewall?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190504-14.02.312.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th May 2019 at 02:06.
Old 9th May 2019, 01:33   #8788
Senior - BHPian

Update: The car is now fixed. I am yet to see the car. I will only collect it later this week. These are the pics that the SA, Arun shared with me.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190508-15.50.54.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190508-15.50.55.jpeg
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 22:26   #8789
BHPian

Got back from Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi trip today covering more than 3,000 KMs. Car crossed 1,10,000 KMs milestone. On return met with a small accident involving cows.

Delhi-Mumbai

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20190504_173842.jpg

All set to leave back

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20190507_145631.jpg

Mumbai-Delhi

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20190509_144658.jpg

The damaged bonnet

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20190509_144935.jpg
sinharishi is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 19:10   #8790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
My experience with Nexa has been consistently poor. The option to swipe the nexa card was available only at another branch so they took the card and offered to send it to me by post once the insurance was renewed.

Though any tyre is better than the stock JKs, what brand did you buy? Is the ride more supple with a bigger sidewall?
I had same experience regarding NEXA card, I bargained the rates and after finalizing the quote, when I asked them to redeem the Nexa card, they refused and asked me for the initially quoted (high) premium if the card points were to be redeemed. I made a complaint to Maruti and then renewed insurance directly with the Insurance company. Later they called me and apologized and said they would redeem the points and get the policy renewed at the discounted premium, but by that time I already had renewed the policy.

Then when I serviced my car, they told they could not redeem the points as the swipe machine is available at the Nexa showroom. I gave the card at the Nexa showroom and they promised to return it to my office, but it never happened. after 3 months I went to the showroom again and luckily the Quality Manager had the card safely with him.

Had gone for Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 205 65 R16 (Rs. 5600/tyre). The total amount for 4 tyres + fitting charges+ Wheel Alignment and balancing + 4 valves was Rs. 23800. They took the unused stepney JK Elanzo for Rs. 2800, so the total amount paid was Rs. 21000.

I found the ride to be far more comfortable especially on bad roads.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks