Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2016, 11:28   #3331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I got a chance for a quick test drive of S-Cross 1.6 and here is my experience:

Its two days now and I am still not out of my test drive experience. Probably ,because I have never driven a fast car before. I have driven Vento TDI, but didn't get this feeling.
I must say, you are not alone. There must be many including me sharing the same experience. I've taken 3 test drives of 1.3 and once of 1.6. As 1.6 was way beyond my budget, I had nearly booked 1.3 Alpha in Oct-Nov but held on to my horses till Auto-Expo which added to further confusion with Brezza coming into play. And with the corrected prices of S-Cross, even the 1.6 is within limits now. Ah, I'm in such a state that everyone in family asks me only thing when they see me lost, Are you again thinking about the car?
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 12:58   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I must say, you are not alone. There must be many including me sharing the same experience. I've taken 3 test drives of 1.3 and once of 1.6. As 1.6 was way beyond my budget, I had nearly booked 1.3 Alpha in Oct-Nov but held on to my horses till Auto-Expo which added to further confusion with Brezza coming into play. And with the corrected prices of S-Cross, even the 1.6 is within limits now. Ah, I'm in such a state that everyone in family asks me only thing when they see me lost, Are you again thinking about the car?
I was in the same boat(1.3 vs1.6) when I was in the market during November-December. Fortunately S cross was having massive discounts at that time due to which I bought the 1.6 Alpha for 14L onroad. And I am really happy that I chose the 1.6 over the 1.3, it's just too good. The vitara brezza is going to be powered by the 1.3 right? So why not go ahead with the S-Cross 1.6 as it falls in your budget now
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 15:49   #3333
BHPian

Finally booked 1.6 delta, blue color. Most probably will take delivery on this Friday

Wait begins

Girish
girishv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 20:31   #3334
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Finally booked 1.6 delta, blue color. Most probably will take delivery on this Friday.
Congratulations!
Can you share the on road pricing break up for Bangalore ?
It's a 2016 car I suppose, any discounts, deals, etc ?
Old 20th February 2016, 21:16   #3335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Congratulations!
Can you share the on road pricing break up for Bangalore ?
It's a 2016 car I suppose, any discounts, deals, etc ?
Thanks. It's 2015 model car. Got a fairly good discount of more than a lakh leading to an on road price is 11.3l. What do you think of the price?

For the 2016 model, only 10k cash discount was offered.
Girish
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 21:21   #3336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Here's it is! Would love to hear some feedback from all of you guys.
Nice review Your voice is crisp and clear

By the way, I see you holding the gear stick even on the move, is this ok? Because for Linea/Punto, the manual says, "Do not drive with your hand resting on the gear lever as the force exerted, even if slight, could lead over time to premature wear on the gearbox internal components."
Old 20th February 2016, 21:27   #3337
BHPian

Sales of S-Cross seems to be picking up in Pune at least. Spot 5 to 6 new numbers every day. Quite a few are 1.6.
Old 20th February 2016, 22:25   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Nice review Your voice is crisp and clear

By the way, I see you holding the gear stick even on the move, is this ok? Because for Linea/Punto, the manual says, "Do not drive with your hand resting on the gear lever as the force exerted, even if slight, could lead over time to premature wear on the gearbox internal components."
Even I have read something like this but I am still not sure about it. While driving in city, I do have the habit of the gear shifter due to constant shifting. However, on the highways, I tend to keep my hands off the gear shifter

Thanks a lot for the feedback on my review
Old 21st February 2016, 01:09   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, I see you holding the gear stick even on the move, is this ok?

Quote:
Even I have read something like this but I am still not sure about it. While driving in city, I do have the habit of the gear shifter due to constant shifting. However, on the highways, I tend to keep my hands off the gear shifter
Informative video about stuff to avoid when driving a manual transmission vehicle. Hand on the gear lever is one of them.
Have a look:
McLaren Roxx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 03:22   #3340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here's it is! Would love to hear some feedback from all of you guys...
Really good video and I must say you dont "sound" like a newbie. Your voice reminds me of professional videos and your conversation is free flowing without any hiccups. You could just try and cover more about the car, have shots captured from outside (if possible) to show the roads traversed thru etc but the first attempt itself is lovely.
  • I also suggest you find a place where you don't have too many vehicles in the background (or beside) so that there is no distraction.
  • You could also do a bit of voice modulation while ending each sentence; right now, the pitch stays a bit high giving an impression the sentence continues.
  • Another point would be to cover tyre size, boot space, bottle holders, rear seat neck rest ergonomic problems etc, to give the review a comprehensive coverage feel.
  • You downshifted the gear once (4:01) and released the clutch way after. I see that you were braking at the same time; depressing the clutch negates engine braking & makes the the brake work harder and causes faster wear & tear. You should brake with gear engaged for better stopping power & once the rpm comes down, shift to a lower gear and release the clutch too, so that the car doesn't stall and keep moving.
  • Coming to my biggest grouse now; call me old fashioned, I hate to see people casually holding a steering (with one hand). With that way of holding the steering, you will never be able to maneuver the car properly if there is an emergency. I suggest that the steering be held with both the hands, preferably in 9-3 position. The youngsters who watch the video can take wrong cues and may think it's "cool" to hold the steering with one hand (like I used to think during my early days).
PS : You seem to have added some wooden panels on the central & power window consoles. Would like to see more of those please.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st February 2016 at 03:29. Reason: Formatting
Old 21st February 2016, 07:54   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Really good video and I must say you dont "sound" like a newbie. Your voice reminds me of professional videos and your conversation is free flowing without any hiccups. You could just try and cover more about the car, have shots captured from outside (if possible) to show the roads traversed thru etc but the first attempt itself is lovely.
  • I also suggest you find a place where you don't have too many vehicles in the background (or beside) so that there is no distraction.
  • You could also do a bit of voice modulation while ending each sentence; right now, the pitch stays a bit high giving an impression the sentence continues.
  • Another point would be to cover tyre size, boot space, bottle holders, rear seat neck rest ergonomic problems etc, to give the review a comprehensive coverage feel.
  • You downshifted the gear once (4:01) and released the clutch way after. I see that you were braking at the same time; depressing the clutch negates engine braking & makes the the brake work harder and causes faster wear & tear. You should brake with gear engaged for better stopping power & once the rpm comes down, shift to a lower gear and release the clutch too, so that the car doesn't stall and keep moving.
  • Coming to my biggest grouse now; call me old fashioned, I hate to see people casually holding a steering (with one hand). With that way of holding the steering, you will never be able to maneuver the car properly if there is an emergency. I suggest that the steering be held with both the hands, preferably in 9-3 position. The youngsters who watch the video can take wrong cues and may think it's "cool" to hold the steering with one hand (like I used to think during my early days).
PS : You seem to have added some wooden panels on the central & power window consoles. Would like to see more of those please.
Thanks a lot for your feedback! Will keep the things you said in mind and improve on them. Actually, I have been making tech videos for quite a while. This was the first time I tried making a car review.
Those wooden panels are the styling kit that you get from Maruti. I will be covering it and the car with some higg resoltion photos when I write my ownership review
Old 21st February 2016, 18:26   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
We are in the same boat man, been lost for 2 months ever since I let go of the vento tdi. Cant find a suitable match only, have test driven so many cars and only S Cross comes close wrt performance and space and ofcourse the price too.

Today happened to Test Drive a Terrano 85 PS which left me utterly disappointed. The Noise from the engine was worse than a Vento TDI (when heard from outside). They dont sell the 110 PS much and dont even have a Test Drive vehicle.

S Cross 1.6 is the most likely replacement once the Brezza is launched. I still feel the space in Brezza will at most be adequate for an average Indian and myself being 6'1 , I wonder how 4 people let alone 5 will be comfortable in a sub 4 M CUV.

Cheers.
Old 21st February 2016, 18:59   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
We are in the same boat man, been lost for 2 months ever since I let go of the vento tdi. Cant find a suitable match only, have test driven so many cars and only S Cross comes close wrt performance and space and ofcourse the price too.

Today happened to Test Drive a Terrano 85 PS which left me utterly disappointed. The Noise from the engine was worse than a Vento TDI (when heard from outside). They dont sell the 110 PS much and dont even have a Test Drive vehicle.

S Cross 1.6 is the most likely replacement once the Brezza is launched. I still feel the space in Brezza will at most be adequate for an average Indian and myself being 6'1 , I wonder how 4 people let alone 5 will be comfortable in a sub 4 M CUV.

Cheers.
Space is good in scross. Also, it is very easy to knock down the seats with kids. You get a feeling of driving an enclosed truck. Safe for kids.
Old 21st February 2016, 19:26   #3344
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Thanks. It's 2015 model car. Got a fairly good discount of more than a lakh leading to an on road price is 11.3l. What do you think of the price?

For the 2016 model, only 10k cash discount was offered.
Girish
What is the variant you're getting and how does the post discount price on the 2015 model compare with the price for same variant of 2016 (after recent price revision by Maruti) ?
Old 21st February 2016, 19:46   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
What is the variant you're getting and how does the post discount price on the 2015 model compare with the price for same variant of 2016 (after recent price revision by Maruti) ?
2015 model, 1.6 delta.
Onroad price is 11.3L (approx 1.6L discount on the current/2016 prices)

girish
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks