Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2016, 00:04   #3256
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

I have TDed both the cars and yes S-cross is much better car, infact segment is also different so it seems weird to compare these two.

However i am purchasing it for my wife and she wants a small car for city driving. We TDed and rejected on buying Celerio/Grand I10/Swift etc and she did not like Figo. We already have Polo/Vento so do not want another one.

So ultimately it boiled down to I20 vs Baleno. Out of these two I20 was final choice however knowing how good S-cross is and since base model of S-cross is costing the same i am taking her for test driving S-cross tomorrow.

Biggest challenge we face is that she is new driver and its going to be her first car so do not want to handover a car which is big in dimension and not easy to drive in city traffic, market parking etc So actually more space is -ve for me

Last edited by karansm4u : 13th February 2016 at 00:06.
Old 13th February 2016, 09:05   #3257
BHPian

Has any one tried updating navigation maps?
Old 13th February 2016, 10:18   #3258
BHPian

So, no offers on the S cross now? Are people anticipating that post the Brezza launch dealers will start giving offers on the Crossr?
Old 13th February 2016, 18:04   #3259
BHPian

I got s cross 1.6 on February 12th. Due to unexpected death of my grand mother, I couldn't enjoy the car as well as my admission to Team Bhp. This car is an addition to my Jetta, which I got last year as a marriage gift. From my initial impressions, I can tell you the car is a brilliant one. Definitely one of the best, Maruti has offered in India. I got the car only based on Team Bhp reviews and the discussions in this thread. I thank one and all for making it easier to choose this car. I'm comparing the car to Jetta, so whatever I tell positive should be taken as a big positive and the negatives as not a big negative. Positives: brilliant engine ( a real torque monster), brilliant engine, brilliant engine ( that's how good it is, I can't just stop bragging about this engine), a decent touch screen system ( has minimal or no lag and the screen looks good), space, drivability, good suspension ( more European), good build for a Japanese ( it's definitely not European European rather best Japanese U can find), Japanese reliability, Maruti service.
Negatives: Doesn't have a full European build, only two airbags, door handles are not so good to use, part sharing ( steering wheel, power windows and indicator and whisper switches from lower models), not upto the mark Nexa experience. This is my first post on the forum. Kindly excuse me for any mistakes.
Dani7766 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 21:30   #3260
BHPian

Test Drove the S Cross 1.3 Alpha today. Good car but I was disappointed at the amount of traffic noise I could hear - not the engine, but the horns around me sounded very loud, in fact louder than when inside my Nissan Micra.

The official review does mention this ("Noise insulation is below average for a premium car").

Has any owner tried had similar observations, and have they tried to reduce the 'external sound effect'?
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 22:20   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Test Drove the S Cross 1.3 Alpha today. Good car but I was disappointed at the amount of traffic noise I could hear - not the engine, but the horns around me sounded very loud, in fact louder than when inside my Nissan Micra.

The official review does mention this ("Noise insulation is below average for a premium car").

Has any owner tried had similar observations, and have they tried to reduce the 'external sound effect'?
Have both, Micra and S-Cross. Find myself checking the buttons to ensure Windows are up more frequently in S-Cross than Micra. So you could be right there. Doesn't bother me much other than the concern that some window is not sealed and then reaching out for power window console.
Old 13th February 2016, 23:10   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Have both, Micra and S-Cross. Find myself checking the buttons to ensure Windows are up more frequently in S-Cross than Micra. So you could be right there. Doesn't bother me much other than the concern that some window is not sealed and then reaching out for power window console.
Ok, seems like I wasn't just hearing things. It bothered me a lot frankly. I would promptly look for insulation if I were purchasing this vehicle.
Old 14th February 2016, 12:34   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Popular Nexa, Palarivattom is running a 50,000 Rupees free accessories offer only for Delta 1.6

But I'm sure will be given for Zeta /Alpha too if pushed.

Unable to attach the latest price list via the app.. So typing it here:
Variant, ex, onroad
1.3 =
Sigma, 8.22, 9.24
Delta, 8.94, 10.03
Zeta, 9.58, 10.76
Alpha, 10.77, 12.30

1.6 =
Delta, 10.41, 11.95
Zeta, 11.43, 13.11
Alpha, 12.19, 13.98

Loans available from SBI / SBT @ upto 85% of ONROAD price
Quote:
So, no offers on the S cross now? Are people anticipating that post the Brezza launch dealers will start giving offers on the Crossr?
Quoting my earlier post. Offers available on 1.6 Delta at Popular Nexa, Kochi
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 08:31   #3264
BHPian

Quote:

I used to drive my Micra before marriage. I've driven it for a year. Micra, definitely has a very good noise insulation for a Japanese car. The noise insulation of S cross is quite poor, comparable to my wife's Honda City. You feel as though your windows are down. But, for someone like me who listens to music louder than most people do, it doesn't matter. It's when I travel with my parents, I find it annoying.
Old 15th February 2016, 09:44   #3265
BHPian

I agree on the noise insulation issue. Though now I am getting used to it, initially it was a major irritant since I moved from a Honda Jazz which had a very silent cabin. I find the horn sound also intruding into the cabin.

In Chennai, as per the indicator, I am getting around 18Kmpl. When I did a full tank calculation it was coming to 17.2. Car is still in the running in period.

Overall very happy with the car, ride, driveability and fuel efficiency are excellent. I had some misgivings on the power since I went for 1.3. But I am finding it quite OK to drive. Haven't taken it to highways yet, but acceleration 80Kmph to 110/115 is quite acceptable to my driving style.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:13   #3266
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I saw a video for the first time on the S-Cross display. Of course, the video comes up only when the vehicle is stand still. Here's a screen grab of the video playback. The video quality is excellent.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross_video.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 11:18   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Yesterday, I saw a video for the first time on the S-Cross display. Of course, the video comes up only when the vehicle is stand still. Here's a screen grab of the video playback. The video quality is excellent.

Attachment 1476596
Is there anyway to override this function,i.e to see video even while in motion?
Old 15th February 2016, 11:26   #3268
BHPian

Hello All, took delivery of my SCross Zeta 1.6 last Friday (12th February) from Pratham Nexa, Museum Road, Bangalore.

Car : 'Amazing' is how I can explain the car in one word. Liked the way it behaves on road. And yes, the turbo lag takes some time to get used to. Managed to stall a few times on the first day, but situation improved over the weekend. Clutch travel seems to be longer than usual and reminds me of first generation Punto. However, it is on the lighter side (lighter than my outgoing 2010 SX4 ZXI) hence no complaints.

Delivery Experience: Again, to explain in one word, 'Bad'. For my own reasons, I wanted to take delivery before 12 noon on Friday. Had communicated the same to my RM several times during booking process and he had agreed. For my luck he was out sick on 12th and some other RM took over. They could deliver the car only after 12.30 PM. Car looked as if they picked up from the yard and delivered directly. I was given a pack of ferrero rochers and a few days old bouquet of white (and somewhat brown )roses. Even the complete invoice was not ready. Had to collect it the next day. There were no floor mats in stock, not even paper mats and the car was without any mats. When I insisted, they put some plastic temporary covers which look like polythene covers from grocery shop next door.

However, this bad experience was only till 12.30 PM and vanished once I started driving.

Extras : I changed the stock JKs to Michelins (PST 3) at Millivisions immediately after delivery. Changed all 5 tyres and total cost of upgrade was Rs. 20000 (New Tyre - 7500, JK Buyback - 3500, Balance Amount - 4000 / Per tyre).
Also, upgraded the speakers and added an Active subwoofer from Hertz. This was done at the dealership at a total costed 19000 Rs. I am not an ICE guy, but can feel lot of positive difference from the stock setup.

Deal Details : Final price I paid is around 12.3 L on road Bangalore. I was able to transfer my car insurance NCB (50%) from SX4 and got basic accessories for free (illuminated sil guards, 2 sets of floor mats which are yet to be given, mud flaps and car cover). I did not opt for nexa card.

Future Plans : Drive more and visit the 3M centre for paint sealant treatment.
prasanna_indaje is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 13:01   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna_indaje View Post
Hello All, took delivery of my SCross Zeta 1.6 last Friday (12th February) from Pratham Nexa, Museum Road, Bangalore.
Many Congratulations Prasanna!!! Wish you many many happy miles with the car!!!

Quote:
Extras : I changed the stock JKs to Michelins (PST 3) at Millivisions immediately after delivery. Changed all 5 tyres and total cost of upgrade was Rs. 20000 (New Tyre - 7500, JK Buyback - 3500, Balance Amount - 4000 / Per tyre)
Nice deal with the tires as well. Looks like Michelin P 3ST is the favorite among S-Cross owners. I am going for Conti MC5 and am getting them for a similar price. Will post details once I close the deal on Wednesday.

Quote:
Deal Details : Final price I paid is around 12.3 L on road Bangalore. I was able to transfer my car insurance NCB (50%) from SX4 and got basic accessories for free (illuminated sil guards, 2 sets of floor mats which are yet to be given, mud flaps and car cover). I did not opt for nexa card.
WOW!!! 12.3L for Zeta 1.6 is an unbelievable deal IMO. Im paying ~2.5 lakhs over this for an Alpha. As I told before, even though mine is a decent deal, your deal is making mine look like a real raw deal By the way, what is your car's month of manufacture?

My dealer is offering a different set of basic accessories (saying that the 2016 car will be offered this set) and was charging for them. He then offered 10k worth accessories free on top of that - and that includes the sill guard.

By the way, I am getting the delivery of my car on Wednesday, 17th Feb.
Old 15th February 2016, 13:28   #3270
BHPian

The RM at NEXA Goa has informed me that that the stock tires can be switched to Apollo from JK at no extra cost. That I believe is a decent swap.
I am looking at the 1.3 Zeta model. He has quoted 10.4 lakhs for it. What price should I negotiate for? Any discounts running in other states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Please note the following, since the RM will promise you but in reality it will not be the case.

1. Maruti Suzuki will not give the Alpha head lamp cluster as MGA for fitment in lower variants. ( Confirmed, same strategy for Baleno too )

2. The blackened stock alloys are available at Nexa itself and you can get them at no extra cost.
1. Headlamp cluster change is possible but would cost 60k because of complicated installation procedure. Has he overpriced it considering the fact that the headlamp assembly itself is only 30k and the rest is for other parts and labour.

2. Blackened stock alloys are not available at NEXA according to the dealership. Can u post any info about it which I could show to him?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks