Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2015, 21:11   #2506
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
If it's the latter, sad to see such a nice and well balanced car underperforming.
Agree. But but but who is to be blamed if the latter is the reason?

My answer: Overconfident Maruti team.

Had they priced it lower then things will fall in line. Nexa as a concept may be good but I find it a bit absurd seeing the crowd and poor customer management.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 21:18   #2507
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

My RM mentioned that 1.6 may be tweaked or plonked into other models. I wasn't sure about this, but the only other vehicle i can think of is the Ciaz, however I don't think they would do it now. I feel something is definitely brewing with the 1.6, may be folks with insider information may be able to shed more light.
Old 7th December 2015, 21:18   #2508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Seem to be a production constraint as priority given to Baleno. Dealer confirms bookings are more compared to the previous months with dealer stocks too being depleted.
Thanks for the update!! Here also, S-Cross is getting a lot of "diverted" customers from the Baleno and the sales response is pretty good. From the word of mouth advertising, S Cross demand is steadily increasing, atleast in my city.

From someone I know at Maruti HQ, a lot of models have got production cut in favour of Baleno, biggest among them is Swift. Maruti wasn't anticipating such huge number of bookings for the Baleno. As of today, the number is more than 45000 which is surely a huge backlog.

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Agree. But but but who is to be blamed if the latter is the reason?

My answer: Overconfident Maruti team.

Had they priced it lower then things will fall in line. Nexa as a concept may be good but I find it a bit absurd seeing the crowd and poor customer management.
True!!! They are not 100% at fault as the 1.6 being an import attracts larger import duty. But IMO they should have started its local production to ensure success. Their own 1.5L isn't coming anytime soon anyways. They have a lot of cars to plonk the engine into.

Had Maruti priced it significantly lower, they would've seen a lot better response, as after the Creta's pricing, all eyes were on S-Cross.
Its anyways a lost battle as we have seen price corrections usually don't work in our market. I just hope the sales number sustain atleast around the 3k mark which is good enough considering its 80 showrooms.

Regards
Shashi

Last edited by ampere : 7th December 2015 at 21:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 00:53   #2509
BHPian

Quote:
Seem to be a production constraint as priority given to Baleno. Dealer confirms bookings are more compared to the previous months with dealer stocks too being depleted.
I can confirm this as well. Though I'm not very thrilled to be doing so.

I had booked an S-Cross in early November (granite grey, 1.3 Zeta). Went it for the PDI yesterday, only to have a silver S-Cross presented to me as my car. So everyone's just scrambling here and there now to figure out what went wrong.

But yea, RM's not even willing to commit a time to give me a grey S-Cross because of apparent (now confirmed) production constraints.

Wondering if I should take a 30k discount on offer for the silver, or just stick around for some resolution with regard to the granite grey.
Old 8th December 2015, 03:45   #2510
BHPian

Got a message few days back for the S-Cross. December Dhoom, savings upto 3 lac.

Called the dealer, mentioned, 1 lac cash discount, 1st year insurance free, extended warranty, 50k of exchange bonus and 50k of loyalty bonus.

Considering all the aspects, top end DDiS200 would come very close to Ciaz.

Build quality & comfort levels of S-Cross is surely top class and way better than Baleno.
Old 8th December 2015, 06:47   #2511
BHPian

Is the waiting period for the 1.3 or the 1.6 or both. Because in Coimbatore, there seems to be quite a few cars in their inventory. Colours might be hit or miss. But no new cars coming in. Only the ones from the inventory.
Old 8th December 2015, 08:27   #2512
BHPian

I had visited Nexa showroom just when S Cross was launched. Post that i decided to buy a Creta.

Now 4 months down the line, i get a call from Maruti customer care. I wanted to cut the call by just saying that i have bought another vehicle but was really surprised by the callers polite intentions in checking out the reasons for my purchase. She did ask me the following questions also :
  • Three features of Hyundai Creta which i liked most and which tilted the decision.
  • Two of the features i liked most in S Cross.
  • One thing that i would like to be improved in S Cross.

From the questions it was very clear that the caller was trained and given a set of questionnaire in case of a different vehicle purchase by the customer so as to ascertain the reasons . Now that is real good if Maruti is looking at customer choice pattern and reasons.
nkghai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 10:55   #2513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
I had visited Nexa showroom just when S Cross was launched. Post that i decided to buy a Creta.
  • Three features of Hyundai Creta which i liked most and which tilted the decision.
  • Two of the features i liked most in S Cross.
  • One thing that i would like to be improved in S Cross.
So just for the benefit of the community and my personal curiosity, would like to answer these questions here? It might help someone make a decision, if they are in the market.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 11:28   #2514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Got a message few days back for the S-Cross. December Dhoom, savings upto 3 lac.

Called the dealer, mentioned, 1 lac cash discount, 1st year insurance free, extended warranty, 50k of exchange bonus and 50k of loyalty bonus.

Build quality & comfort levels of S-Cross is surely top class and way better than Baleno.
That's a lot of discount! Also on the DDIS 200? Fellow member did get his Alpha for 10.90 on road Ahmedabad so now it would be even lesser.

Also, which month are these cars manufactured in? Maybe it's to take out old stock?
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 11:35   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
So just for the benefit of the community and my personal curiosity, would like to answer these questions here? It might help someone make a decision, if they are in the market.
Haha. I was expecting this. Well my reasons are purely my own and these were my answers
  • Three features of Hyundai Creta : SUV Type Looks, Cabin feel quality and the refinement of the petrol engine.
  • Two of the features i liked most in S Cross. : Interior dash board finish and utilization of space.
  • One thing that i would like to be improved in S Cross. Looks are drab for me and need to just tinkle a bit here and there and can be improved.
Also pointed out to her that if i go for upgrade i would like to go for 1.6 DDI, which is presently cost prohibitive. I love petrols and a 1.6 VTVT in Creta was one of the main reasons for choosing it, but could have ventured towards the Cross had the 1.6 been more affordable and a tad bit less noisy.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 12:35   #2516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
She did ask me the following questions also :[list][*]Three features of Hyundai Creta which i liked most and which tilted the decision.[*]Two of the features i liked most in S Cross.[*]One thing that i would like to be improved in S Cross.
This could be Market Survey to know the expectations /gap for the New Vitara
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 12:54   #2517
BANNED

Quote:
This could be Market Survey to know the expectations /gap for the New Vitara
Agree. Lighter Vitara Brezza is anyway confirmed for India. So, Maruti may be checking the possible scope for the following:
i. International Vitara, which is more SUV'ish.
ii. A Petrol-powered SCross.
iii. Automatic version of SCross.
iv. Local manufacturing of 1.6 DDiS and thus by reducing the price.
Old 8th December 2015, 13:56   #2518
Senior - BHPian

If the Baleno really gets the 1.3 90 BHP VGT engine of S-Cross, that will be the last nail in the coffin of S-Cross IMO. I know that Maruti cannot price the Baleno below 10 lakhs in that case, but still it might be cheaper than the S-Cross with the same engine.

I cannot believe the kind of discounts people are getting on the S-Cross which is just 4 month old product in the Indian market.

All said and done, I am EXTREMELY happy with my 1.3 Zeta. The car is a wonderful product and there are hardly any areas to complain about. Looks are very subjective, but IMO S-Cross looks quite good when you see it in flesh. Most of the comments on the looks of S-Cross are either hear-say or online experience.
Old 8th December 2015, 15:59   #2519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I was also in the market for a vehicle with high ground clearance. I was impressed with S-Cross interiors and the features. I opted for Creta since AT was not available in S-Cross. Suzuki should have introduced S-Cross with AT variant. Success of Creta AT in spite of the higher prices is a proof that Suzuki missed the plot big time. Those additional sales numbers would have helped other non-AT variants too.

S-Cross is a well built product with good feature list and I would love to see more of these on road.
Old 8th December 2015, 18:42   #2520
BHPian

I think this is close to offer on 1.6 Delta which is running promotion of close to this amount. DDiS 200 is around 1.7L total including some accessories discounts. Which variant discounts are these? The way this is described to you looks very different from the way dealers are describing it in Gurgaon - inhouse finance discount + loyalty/exchange bonus + consumer discount etc.

Please share more details on what you have shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks