Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2015, 16:50   #2356
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Plain discount.
No breakup. Pay 85K less from on road price. Since he didn't explicitly mention any breakup like loyalty etc I think that should be their work to bifurcate on papers which they have to show to company I suppose. The RM wants to achieve the month end target. I'm happy with the price he is offering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Ok - had no idea that the 1.3 was also on such massive discounts! Will surely be checking it and update you on the offer available in Mumbai.
Hey chintu_91 - I checked in Mumbai and the discount offered on the 1.3 was 20k and on the 1.6 it's 90k. Can you please reconfirm that the discount of 85k is on the 1.3 in Ahmedabad as the SA wasn't ready to believe me!

If yes, can you please share the dealer's contacts with me. I have a setup in Ahmedabad and will then evaluate buying the car there. Thanks.
Old 27th November 2015, 18:16   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Hey chintu_91 - I checked in Mumbai and the discount offered on the 1.3 was 20k and on the 1.6 it's 90k. Can you please reconfirm that the discount of 85k is on the 1.3 in Ahmedabad as the SA wasn't ready to believe me!

If yes, can you please share the dealer's contacts with me. I have a setup in Ahmedabad and will then evaluate buying the car there. Thanks.
I agree. Even i spoke to sai nexa at lower parel and the RM told me only loyalty bonus of 20k is there. No other discounts are applicable for 1.3 version.
Yes if we buy delta, then he may throw in a very attractive accessory package.
Old 27th November 2015, 18:46   #2358
BHPian

Quote:

If that's the case then I'll reconfirm with my dealer. Once I finalise the deal with him will share the minor details via PM.
chintu_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 19:05   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
If that's the case then I'll reconfirm with my dealer. Once I finalise the deal with him will share the minor details via PM.
Hi,

Also can you check the month of manufacture of the vehicle.
Last time I checked with Andheri Nexa, there was a discount of around 45-50 k (including accessories provided you take insurance from them, +20k if you finance from them) on 1.3 Alpha - Aug/Sept manufactured vehicles, but not on the new ones.

Possibly the offer was valid upto stocks last.

Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 19:16   #2360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey chintu_91 - I checked in Mumbai and the discount offered on the 1.3 was 20k and on the 1.6 it's 90k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
I agree. Even i spoke to sai nexa at lower parel and the RM told me only loyalty bonus of 20k is there. No other discounts are applicable for 1.3 version.
Quote:
In Bangalore there is a special offer for November on DDiS200 Sigma and Delta as INR 30K on loyalty bonus.
This could be the same all across India.

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th November 2015 at 19:17.
Old 27th November 2015, 20:42   #2361
BHPian

Apart from the discount offered by Maruti, dealers are throwing in their own discounts and I know that for sure. It may vary city to city and dealer to dealer depending on the stocks they hold.

If not for the clutch, I should have been owning now one. I did not want to feel the pain in bumper to bumper traffic and hence decided to get an automatic or AMT as 90% is city and 10% is highways.

Hopefully Duster AT is good enough.

Last edited by Chillout : 27th November 2015 at 20:46.
Old 28th November 2015, 00:15   #2362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Hopefully Duster AT is good enough.
Sorry to dash your hopes but Duster AT won't be "good enough" since it is not going to be an AT at all! They are going the low-tech and low-cost route by offering an AMT instead of a proper AT. Definitely not the way to go. The segment begs a 6 speed AT; either a torque converter or a dual clutch system.
Old 28th November 2015, 17:08   #2363
Senior - BHPian

I was supposed to get delivery of my S-Cross today. Another surprise from Nexa premium experience.

The paint at the point where the spoiler is attached to the body got chipped off due to mistake of the person who fit it. I am frankly furious even though the chopped off area is of the size of a human nail. As a so called premium dealer, they should have better control over all procedures.

The RM is unfortunately bearing the brunt from all sides but he is also at fault to an extent as he is the single point of contact for the customer. And for God's sake, he is an RM not a Salesman.

So i have postponed delivery to tomorrow noon and told the RM that they should compensate for this unacceptable mistake in whatever way they can.

If buying experience is like this, not sure how service experience would be. God save me!
Old 28th November 2015, 22:25   #2364

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
If buying experience is like this, not sure how service experience would be. God save me!
From my experience of the nearly three months ownership of Scross Zeta and having clocked more than 6500 kms, I can tell that my experiences with the service department is much better and pleasant than the Nexa RMs and their Showroom. Will post my experiences shortly.
Old 29th November 2015, 02:09   #2365

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Hi,

Last time I checked with Andheri Nexa, there was a discount of around 45-50 k (including accessories provided you take insurance from them, +20k if you finance from them) on 1.3 Alpha - Aug/Sept manufactured vehicles, but not on the new ones.

Thanks
In Delhi, I had a strange experience with Nexa. I was offered a Delta with 20k loyalty bonus, 40K finance bonus, and accessories worth 45K at 16K. The RM subtracted the 45K from the total and added 16K as normal. I told him this was wrong but he insisted that he was right. When we booked the car, gave the cheque, signed the finance papers, he calls me and says that he made a mistake subtracting the 45K and he wants it paid up. I told him that I am not agreeing to it and may cancel. What should I make of it? A honest mistake, a selling ploy?

Any suggestions, I need to go back on Monday.
Old 29th November 2015, 12:45   #2366
t0m
BHPian

Finally got the front chrome grill smoked.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-picsart_112912.37.47.jpgMaruti S-Cross : Official Review-picsart_112912.42.23.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-picsart_112912.43.03.jpg  

Last edited by t0m : 29th November 2015 at 12:58.
t0m is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 12:56   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Finally got the front chrome grill smoked.
This looks far better than the chrome one. Maruti shall start giving this at least as an option
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 13:07   #2368
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Mine had been really good. Done with the first two services. On both occasions i went on a Saturday, the busiest day for them, both times post 11.00 AM. Got a preferred and premium experience. Was out of the service center in less than two hours each time. All in all, really satisfied. Special mention to Mr. Narendra Bisht, he takes care of the the NEXA vehicles, does a really good job.

Last edited by t0m : 29th November 2015 at 13:08.
Old 29th November 2015, 13:49   #2369
BHPian

A query to all the S-cross owners, I wanted your inputs on the nexa card that you might have got along with your purchase. How is the point accumulation system and have been able to use the same. I have recently purchased the baleno, and would like to know of the same
Old 29th November 2015, 14:40   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
Apologies for the late reply, here is a short summing up of the experience so far: Fabulous!
I have actually only done 550 km till now, and havnt yet got my registration.Should get it today or tomorrow,was saddened by the fact that you dont get a smart card registration in UP.
Let me first congratulate all the owners of the s-cross 1.3, you guys have the most value for money deal, pound for pound in the Indian car market.
For all the jitters and shaking hands, before signing the cheque, the moment I was in my car and till now, I am thrilled!
I have heard many bhpians say "after 2000 the monster awakens" but for me the car is just beautiful. It is plush smooth and silently powerful without any outward show.
It takes a bit of time to get comfortable with this engine in traffic, but once you get used to it, it is quite relaxing (many bhpians say the 1.3 rides better in traffic, I agreed to this for the first 400 kms, now I dont). Power and pull is excellent even before the turbo kicks in, the torque available guarantees that once a gear is engaged (any gear, barring 5 and 6 , that too barely) the car will keep moving, no matter what speed you are at. Its mildly scary, when it accelerates without paddle input,when the speed is lower than the current gearing demands.
I was reading the latest T-BHP review of the Abarth, and it was uncannily similar to the 1.6 S-cross. I was heartened by the fact that the car comparisons put in the review had the S-cross along with the two abarths out of the 4 cars cars compared.
I will go on, but will say more once I post the ownership thread.
One negative, I am 6 feet tall and my wife is 5'4", I usually dont change the seat position from what is comfortable to her (seat height) and the rearview mirror comes right on my eye level and blocks the view of traffic coming in from the left at a crossing.
Second negative, the car is fast, but without looking at the speedo it is difficult to know you are at 140. I would strongly advise getting familiar with the car dynamics before going steady highway driving. Try its turning and stability in short bursts of speed, because you might be left confused in an emergency at high speeds (you might be going faster than you think). Remember this car does not have esp!
Hope this is helpful while not detracting buyers, since I would whole-heartedly recommend this car to anyone.
Hi. If you've ever driven the Jetta or Octavia, can you compare the performance between the two? I'll be buying a car within the next two months or so and I'm really confused between three contenders - a slightly used A4/3-Series, a new Jetta (Automatic) or a S-Cross 1.6. Heart says 3-Series/A4, mind says Jetta, but wallet says S-Cross 1.6. A really difficult and confusing decision. Your inputs will be helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks