Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 23:07   #2311
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Numerically true. But the S Cross boot is much better shaped hence should be much more practical and usable as compared to the Ecosport. Same goes for the Baleno that boasts of a similar sounding 339L, but compare it to the S Cross boot and you realize that the latter is way more usable.
Agreed. Usable space in the S-cross is more. The S-cross has lesser space on paper only because the height is till the parcel shelf. If you remove the parcel shelf and use a few more inches and still have visibility then you will have much more space available.

The Ecosport 363 is more in height and is restricted as it gets narrower towards the top.

Still, I would say the Creta and Duster have much less compromise and are more accommodating.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 09:46   #2312
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti S-Cross could get a new petrol engine. Maruti's Vitara Brezza could be the first to get it.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has been working on a new petrol engine, which is a 1.5-litre mill that churns about 107bhp of power. This engine is undergoing testing in India and this could be the engine that might power the Maruti YBA, S-Cross and maybe even the Ciaz
Quote:
This new 1.5-litre petrol engine will come mated to a five-speed manual transmission and a CVT (continuously variable transmission) will also be made available
Boosterjet engine too is being evaluated, could be for New Vitara?

http://motoroctane.com/news/21571-ma...gine-exclusive

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd November 2015 at 10:13.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:52   #2313
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Till you sit in one such impressions will stay!
Agreed, having seen the S-Cross and Creta in flesh I know this but I was just trying to highlight the "first impression" one gets from outside without an up-close encounter. Hence, I wasn't surprised about the huge number of bookings that the Creta garnered in quick time
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:29   #2314
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti S-Cross could get a new petrol engine. Maruti's Vitara Brezza could be the first to get it.

Boosterjet engine too is being evaluated, could be for New Vitara?

http://motoroctane.com/news/21571-ma...gine-exclusive
If true, this could be the M15 engine, (a down-sized M16?).
They might not be using M16 to escape from SUV tax slabs.

And then, it will gradually replace the K14 in Ertiga and Ciaz, I guess.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd November 2015 at 12:45.
Old 23rd November 2015, 14:08   #2315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

About NEXA:

• Customers can use Maruti's widespread support network to service their cars. However, they will be given the option of a mobile workshop van visiting their house, or a pick up & drop off service. Of course, customers can visit the service center themselves, if they so prefer.
Would like to add two things : (Ignore if it has been discussed before)
1. As of now, Nexa cars can be serviced at all service centers with dealership. Exclusive MASS are not authorized to service Nexa cars yet.

2. Audio head unit with Navigation setup is made by Bosch.
Old 23rd November 2015, 14:47   #2316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Would like to add two things : (Ignore if it has been discussed before)
1. As of now, Nexa cars can be serviced at all service centers with dealership. Exclusive MASS are not authorized to service Nexa cars yet.
A friend of mine bought his Baleno from Pratham NEXA and had given it for service at Surakahsa Car Care yesterday (Sunday).

Surakashaa is just a dealer along with ASC but have no NEXA outlets in Bangalore.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:28   #2317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
A friend of mine bought his Baleno from Pratham NEXA and had given it for service at Surakahsa Car Care yesterday (Sunday).

Surakashaa is just a dealer along with ASC but have no NEXA outlets in Bangalore.
Hi,

There are 3 types
1. Dealerships + service centers with Nexa outlets
2. Dealerships + service centers without Nexa outlets
3. Only service centers without sale dealership & Nexa

Nexa cars are allowed to serviced in type 1 and type 2 only.

Pratham is type 1
Surakahsa is type 2

Last edited by kpzen : 23rd November 2015 at 15:29.
kpzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 15:32   #2318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hi,

There are 3 types
1. Dealerships + service centers with Nexa outlets
2. Dealerships + service centers without Nexa outlets
3. Only service centers without sale dealership & Nexa

Nexa cars are allowed to serviced in type 1 and type 2 only.
Yes it is correct. Type 3 are service personnel are not yet trained to handle Cars sold through Nexa.
Old 24th November 2015, 09:00   #2319
Senior - BHPian

My RM mentioned yesterday that due to low response to Brown and Blue colors of S-Cross, their production is halted for now. Nexa will first try and sell all the left overs and then only based on demand will produce these two colors.

White, Silver and Grey will continue as it is, as there is high demand for these three compared to brown and blue. My Nexa dealer told me that there are 2 whites sold out of every 5 S-Cross they sell. Damn ! My S-Cross is going to be common among all S-Cross' sold. But at least the product itself is a rare one among millions of Dusters and EcoSports and Cretas, so its fine.
ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 21:54   #2320
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a blue S cross for the first time. I have seen the white and grey ones before. But blue was way way better than other colors. It actually stood out amidst a dozen other cars.
Old 24th November 2015, 23:02   #2321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My RM mentioned yesterday that due to low response to Brown and Blue colors of S-Cross, their production is halted for now. But at least the product itself is a rare one among millions of Dusters and EcoSports and Cretas, so its fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Spotted a blue S cross for the first time.

I have not seen another brown S cross alpha variant in Kerala.I have seen lots of grey zetas, one brown zeta and several white zetas and alphas. I have seen blue ones, all of them td cars.

Proud owner of a rare good car in brown
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-_mg_2473tbhp.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 23:12   #2322
BHPian

Last Sunday, had a reasonably longish test drive of 1.6 S cross, lasting about 30 minutes over mixed stretches of good and bad roads with lot of speed breakers.

I am used to addictive engine of ANHC running on 195/60 R15 tyres, haven't driven diesels much apart from my cousin's Fiesta TDCI for some weekend trips north of NCR.

Summing up the experience :

Had driven 1.3 Alpha with 04 persons on board about 10 days ago, didn't like the way car was pulling up.

This time around, there were 04 persons in the back seat and a total of 06 persons in the car. My BIL had joined me with his better half as he is interested in an AT Baleno. I was there with wifey and daughter. RM sat on the passenger seat.

The TD car had clocked 4700 km; drive in lower gears wasn't bad, frankly, it seemed better than 1.3 DDIS.

Given 06 persons on the board, the composure at speeds of 90-100 was excellent as compared to Creta (which I had TD 2 days ago) and my ANHC. The car didn't scrap the breakers even once. The steering feedback is very good, though I still enjoy the steering feedback of my 2002 Zen.

The pickup was smooth but press the pedal hard and co -passengers can be pushed to their seats.

Overall, not satisfied with the comfort in the driver's seat as compared to ANHC. I frequently drive on 06 laned NH-1 where the high revving Ivtec is a boon.

Now waiting for Varicor 400 !

OT : TD Baleno Petrol MT with same no. of persons on the board, was impressed with the way the car handled potholes!

Last edited by breezydrive : 24th November 2015 at 23:17. Reason: spelling mistake corrected
breezydrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 10:23   #2323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My RM mentioned yesterday that due to low response to Brown and Blue colors of S-Cross, their production is halted for now. Nexa will first try and sell all the left overs and then only based on demand will produce these two colors.
In Bangalore S Cross is sold in Premium Silver - Granite Gray and Pearl Arctic White ( in order of preference). Urban Blue and Caffeine Brown is available in stock but less preferred, but could be on demand once the stocks cars are sold.

S Cross bookings have increased after the Baleno effect and Bimal has in November ~ 45 bookings and Baleno bookings cross 700+

Delivery lead time is ~3 weeks.

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th November 2015 at 10:26.
Old 25th November 2015, 10:36   #2324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

I have not seen another brown S cross alpha variant in Kerala.I have seen lots of grey zetas, one brown zeta and several white zetas and alphas. I have seen blue ones, all of them td cars.

Proud owner of a rare good car in brown
Attachment 1443289
IMO, the caffe brown and urban blue are the best shades on SCross. But the car looks a size smaller in those shades. Maybe the only reason why most SCross buyers prefer the lighter shades,- to own a car that is at least half as big as its price tag. But yes, Scross is one elegant car, albeit the ugly wheels it comes with as stock.

If I was for a crossover or a pseudo-suv, I would any day prefer scross over the Creta for its understated elegance and mature looks.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 25th November 2015 at 10:37.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 17:15   #2325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The Smaller yet Significant Things:

12V power socket and a manual boot lamp . In case you forget to switch it off, the lamp will remain on until you turn the car off or lock it from the outside. Just for the record, it will switch on again when the car is restarted!
Small Correction: In the "on" position the boot light is activated on or off with the opening / closing of the doors. It will switch off automatically as soon as all the doors are closed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks