Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 14:47   #2341
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Have any of you been able to connect your smartphones to the car system ?
Old 26th November 2015, 15:09   #2342
BHPian

Mod note: Post edited. Adjusting paragraph spacing for readability. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Me and my wife's phones are both connected to the car. We both have androids, but it doesn't matter as long as the phone has bluetooth. i have connected an I-phone also, but deleted it, once the use was over. I usually keep the bluetooth on before getting in the car and as soon as the car starts the phone is connected in about 20 seconds.

I usually listen to the phone music, since it re-assures me it is My car . I have also downloaded the remote controller app, but haven't used it till now. Nexa claims a collaboration with Sony Jive, really have to get that, but havnt found out about it till now.

I call using the voice commands and it works fine. You need to remember how you have saved your contacts though.

One important note to those looking at the variants on offer: The Alpha has Bosch speakers and has excellent sound, but I recently heard the speakers on a Delta, and was surprised that it didn't sound the same at all . They have Nippon speakers in the lower version, don't know about the Zeta.
Is there something specific you want to know?

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th November 2015 at 15:13.
Pro-Idiot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 15:31   #2343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pairs with any phone with bluetooth and actually works brilliantly. When you switch the car off or stall it and then start it again, it latches onto your phone quickly. Much better than the pairing experience in a Skoda or VW for example
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 15:37   #2344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post
Is there something specific you want to know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Pairs with any phone with bluetooth and actually works brilliantly. When you switch the car off or stall it and then start it again, it latches onto your phone quickly. Much better than the pairing experience in a Skoda or VW for example
I was talking of linking your phone, the fourth quadrant on the home screen.
Old 26th November 2015, 15:51   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
I was talking of linking your phone, the fourth quadrant on the home screen.
I was told by my RM that the 4th quadrant works only with specific models like Nexus latest model. Probably someone who has one of those can shed some light on his experience.
cjsarora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 16:20   #2346
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsarora View Post
I was told by my RM that the 4th quadrant works only with specific models like Nexus latest model. Probably someone who has one of those can shed some light on his experience.
Yes, that's what I was told too and hence the question
Old 26th November 2015, 16:42   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Hello,

I am also in market for a replacement for my dad's chauffeur driven Manza and facing the same ....

Head says Ciaz, Heart says S-cross

Take them for a brief test drive in both the vehicles if possible. They would be able to decide best. Since the price difference won't be much and coming from same stable with same engine; there wouldn't be any major differences in terms of their usability in your situation. Go with your instincts.
chintu_91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 18:32   #2348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-Idiot View Post

I would have advised a duster as being close, but no, you have the better deal with the s-cross 1.3 anyday (considering your requirement) but please take care on the overtaking precautions advised by other owners, I will take their word for it. Best of luck!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Just took a test drive of the 1.3 variant. Since I have been used to driving diesel cars, swift being my first, I found the drive matching my needs.
Though it takes a little time to pull from 80kmph to upwards but nonetheless it does finish the job in a considerable time. It isn't a drag race champion but you can't expect that from this engine with the weight it carries.
As of now I'm driving a new innova z' variant and have clocked 2500kms, I couldn't connect with the scross's steering at all. It was so light. But a few kilometres and I can get used to it. Boy oh boy innova's steering is just not comparable.
Coming back to s cross nvh levels were slightly disappointing but since it was a test drive vehicle in very ugly condition I couldn't expect a hyundaish type of quietness.
Certain ifs and buts will always be there but I guess we have to look at the over all package that is being offered.
Bangalore people please don't read this. Please, spoilers ahead.
I'm being offered 85,000 discount on both alpha and zeta variant which brings them to 11.32L and 10.15L on road respectively in ahmedabad without extended warranty. If I do rto from any nearby town remove extra 15-18K from it (ahmedabad municipal corp. tax).
The next stage will be getting my documents ready and do the booking if everything goes well.
Thank you everyone who have cleared my doubts. There will be few more in the coming days.
Old 26th November 2015, 18:37   #2349
t0m
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that's what I was told too and hence the question
The fourth quadrant is android mirror that is supported only on certain android phones or if you root yours and install a custom ROM with android mirror. Most latest smart phones have the capability. I have a OnePlus One and it works fine. Nothing great though. The only plus i see is my daughter can view her videos on the move apart from being able to use Google Maps for navigation and traffic.
t0m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 19:23   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
As of now I'm driving a new innova z' variant and have clocked 2500kms, I couldn't connect with the scross's steering at all. It was so light. But a few kilometres and I can get used to it. Boy oh boy innova's steering is just not comparable.

Just curious at what speeds did you verify this?
S-cross owners? Does S-cross have EPAS? And Innova Hydraulic unit?

Reason I mention is, the assistance of the hydraulic unit is from a pump driven by engine whereas EPAS is all electronics and make it look like very light at low speeds but depending on the EPAS programming can weigh up to give very accurate feedback in various speeds. I think Subaru has very good EPAS implementation in their recent cars once they moved to EPAS. But I know most of the EPASes fail to give the accurate feedback that hydraulic units give, but that comparison should come at various vehicle speeds and conditions to decide if the assistance is accurate and predictable and gives good control of the vehicle.

No offence to Hyundai owners but even an automobile engineer will fail to decode what fuzzy logic goes behind Hyundai steering wheels It has its own mind so to speak!
Old 26th November 2015, 21:36   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
I'm being offered 85,000 discount on both alpha and zeta variant which brings them to 11.32L and 10.15L on road respectively in ahmedabad without extended warranty. If I do rto from any nearby town remove extra 15-18K from it (ahmedabad municipal corp. tax).
Is the 85k discount on the 1.3!? Can you share the breakup of the discount, i.e. loyalty, cash, insurance, etc and the dealer in Ahmd who is offering this? I will try and check this in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
The fourth quadrant is android mirror that is supported only on certain android phones or if you root yours and install a custom ROM with android mirror. Most latest smart phones have the capability. I have a OnePlus One and it works fine. Nothing great though. The only plus i see is my daughter can view her videos on the move apart from being able to use Google Maps for navigation and traffic.
Can you please translate this for a non-tech guy? Ability to use Google Maps is quite a plus point. I plan to go for a test drive soon and will check this out.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 26th November 2015 at 21:37.
Old 27th November 2015, 01:36   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Is the 85k discount on the 1.3!? Can you share the breakup of the discount, i.e. loyalty, cash, insurance, etc and the dealer in Ahmd who is offering this? I will try and check this in Mumbai.
Plain discount.
No breakup. Pay 85K less from on road price. Since he didn't explicitly mention any breakup like loyalty etc I think that should be their work to bifurcate on papers which they have to show to company I suppose. The RM wants to achieve the month end target. I'm happy with the price he is offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Just curious at what speeds did you verify this?

At both city(40-70kmph) and highway speeds(70-90kmph). You notice the prominent difference in city where innova's steering is heavy to use but overall it's too good an unit to drive. Scross' steering won't be a deal breaker at all. You can say people may not like a Hyundai EPAS and don't buy the vehicle just because of steering which is less confidence inspiring but in Scross such scene won't arrive I guess.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2015 at 09:34. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 27th November 2015, 07:14   #2353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Can you please translate this for a non-tech guy? Ability to use Google Maps is quite a plus point. I plan to go for a test drive soon and will check this out.
I think this pc quest link will help
http://www.pcquest.com/review/maruti...inment-system/
sandygordon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 09:57   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Plain discount.
No breakup. Pay 85K less from on road price. Since he didn't explicitly mention any breakup like loyalty etc I think that should be their work to bifurcate on papers which they have to show to company I suppose. The RM wants to achieve the month end target. I'm happy with the price he is offering.
Ok - had no idea that the 1.3 was also on such massive discounts! Will surely be checking it and update you on the offer available in Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
I think this pc quest link will help
http://www.pcquest.com/review/maruti...inment-system/
Thanks! Hippo's ownership thread is one I am following regularly. When my time comes to take the plunge, will get in touch for some specific queries.
Old 27th November 2015, 16:41   #2355
Senior - BHPian

I saw two White Alphas since yesterday and the DRLs don't stand out on the white S-Cross IMO. DRLs look much much better on the Blue/Brown/Grey shades.

BTW, I am still waiting for PRN for my S-Cross. RTO is taking extra time this time around.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks