Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2015, 14:30   #2296
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
My RM told me that S-Cross sales have crossed 6k for the month of November.
Let us take this news with a pinch of salt though.
The RM will not know about the entire dispatch from Maruti Suzuki to dealers. But definitely seeing many more S Cross's on road now, it could better the October sales numbers.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 14:57   #2297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
But definitely seeing many more S Cross's on road now, it could better the October sales numbers.
Seeing more units of a particular model doesn't always mean it has sold more recently. As the time passes, the "density" of a particular model on the road will increase steadily, and that will result in more sightings.

Consider this: Assume SCross sell a consistent 3K units per month for the first 6 months, and 1K per month for the remaining 6 months of the first year.

In the first moth, there will be only 3K units on the road, while at the end of 12th month, there will be 24K units on the road. The chance of seeing an SCross in the 12th month is multi-fold than that in the first month, even though the sales numbers reduced drastically.

Am I talking too much?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st November 2015 at 14:58.
Old 21st November 2015, 21:37   #2298
BHPian

Test drove the 1.6 in bumper to bumper traffic conditions today. Vehicle had clocked over 8000 kms.

I had driven the Creta last week for over 180 kms last weekend and my comparisons are based on the same.

NVH and refinement levels Creta wins hands down no doubt about it.

Seating and driving position Scross wins and ergonomics are better than Creta.

Clutch, definitely Creta, much more easy and light.

Rear seat comfort, I would say even. Both of them have their own short comings. Headrest is a big let down with the Scross, if I were to buy, this is the first thing that I would remove and throw away. With Creta, I wasn't comfortable, not sure if it was the angle and started to get a slight pain after 50kms.

As for interior build quality, i felt the Creta has an edge as the car i drove was showing signs of a few rattles. However I personally like the Scross interiors as compared to Creta.

Power delivery was more linear with the Creta in city conditions, Scross struggles just a bit with the Turbo lag, however cross that 1750 rpm, a monster awakens which brings that smile on your face.

I drive 200 kms every week in bumper to bumper traffic and Creta seems to be a better option, however in the highways Scross will eat Creta with its handling and power.

Have I made up my mind, depends on what offers I get and will decide by tomorrow.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:10   #2299
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Lot has been said on the looks of the S-Cross and Creta and this is very subjective, to each his own but though kind of OT I just wanted to share this:
Yesterday, I was riding the scooter with my daughter as pillion, the main road was jammed due to an auto rickshaw convoy taking out a procession. I turned into a cross road and saw an S-Cross ahead and turned my daughter's attention to it. She says "Oh that's the S-Cross ? looks quite small and not tall like the Duster...and definitely not as good as the Creta parked there" The S-Cross had slowed down to almost a complete stop as there was another vehicle in front trying to squeeze in from the opposite side and right beside the S-Cross there was a Creta parked in front of a house! Impressionable minds at work ?

Last edited by NPV : 22nd November 2015 at 11:11.
Old 22nd November 2015, 11:55   #2300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Impressionable minds at work ?
Till you sit in one such impressions will stay!
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 13:28   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Till you sit in one such impressions will stay!
Well said volkman. I'll put in my 2 cents as well.

Tall or shorter, bigger or smaller, good looking or not good looking - At the end of the day everything boils down to the comfort and practicality for most people. In Bangalore, if you are willing to spend 17.4 lakhs on road, you can choose between either of the two (considering the discounts on S-cross doing the rounds) and you won't go wrong much. But if your budget is anything lower, you are much better of looking at the S-Cross 1.3 or the XUV 500 lower variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Have I made up my mind, depends on what offers I get and will decide by tomorrow.
Your post just reinforces my belief that the 2 product offerings are good in their own space, but confuses the heck out of most people.

Last edited by sudeepg : 22nd November 2015 at 13:50.
Old 22nd November 2015, 15:34   #2302

Hi Guys,

Your reviews tilted me in favour of the S Cross from the Baleno. Now I have booked a Delta version in Delhi since they were giving several accessories free, loyalty bonus of 20,000, financing discount of Rs.40,000 all told bringing the cost on road to 9.6 lakh.
One thing I miss is the seat height adjustment feature. I am wondering if you would know whether I can get this as a separate purchase to be installed after the car is delivered.
Old 22nd November 2015, 20:56   #2303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Your post just reinforces my belief that the 2 product offerings are good in their own space, but confuses the heck out of most people.
Add one more dimension. If you need bootspace for a roadtrip, I would go with Creta. But yes, even I would love, the ride and handling of S-Cross. But boot space? Cant do much without it. A factor, which can make/break decisions.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:04   #2304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Add one more dimension. If you need bootspace for a roadtrip, I would go with Creta. But yes, even I would love, the ride and handling of S-Cross. But boot space? Cant do much without it. A factor, which can make/break decisions.
Boot space difference between Creta (402) and S-Cross (374) is hardly 28 litres. But difference in the ride quality is pretty significant IMO.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:10   #2305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Boot space difference between Creta (402) and S-Cross (374) is hardly 28 litres. But difference in the ride quality is pretty significant IMO.
Thanks for that pointer. I was not aware of the specifics. But when I had the first glance, S-Cross did look smaller to me as compared to the Creta. I felt one would be able to pack much more in a Creta. But yes, as you say, numbers do speak a different story.
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:13   #2306
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for that pointer. I was not aware of the specifics. But when I had the first glance, S-Cross did look smaller to me as compared to the Creta. But yes, as you say, numbers do speak a different story.
As per specification chart, Boot space in S Cross is:

Seatback in Position 1: 353L
Seatback in position 2: 374L
Seatback folded : 810L

So ampere is partially correct and so are you.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd November 2015 at 21:16.
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:18   #2307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am just looking at it this way:

When one heads out with family, (say husband,wife and a kid or two), one will need a good amount of back-seat space for the family. In such a case esp. with kids around, the boot space has to be good, to absorb the luggage.
From that point of view, I found S-Cross to be small (just by visual inspection). Creta, seemed much bigger in space.
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:33   #2308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As per specification chart, Boot space in S Cross is:

So ampere is partially correct and so are you.
Quote:
I am just looking at it this way:

When one heads out with family, (say husband,wife and a kid or two), one will need a good amount of back-seat space for the family. In such a case esp. with kids around, the boot space has to be good, to absorb the luggage.
From that point of view, I found S-Cross to be small (just by visual inspection). Creta, seemed much bigger in space.
The 374 litres with the seatback in upright position is pretty much useless if you have rear passengers. That position was so upright that it was impossible to sit there even for a few minutes.

The 353 litre boot space is lesser than the Ford Ecosport's (363 litres)which is not much in itself.

402 litres in the Creta is much more usable but even then the Duster tops at 475 litres.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:43   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The 374 litres with the seatback in upright position is pretty much useless if you have rear passengers. That position was so upright that it was impossible to sit there even for a few minutes.
True.

Quote:
The 353 litre boot space is lesser than the Ford Ecosport's (363 litres)which is not much in itself.
Numerically true. But the S Cross boot is much better shaped hence should be much more practical and usable as compared to the Ecosport. Same goes for the Baleno that boasts of a similar sounding 339L, but compare it to the S Cross boot and you realize that the latter is way more usable.

Last edited by rednikhil : 22nd November 2015 at 21:44.
Old 22nd November 2015, 22:23   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

True. If boot space is important, then Creta is a better choice among these. But then if you are a family who travel heavy, then it's better to look elsewhere. A mere 28 litres of extra storage means just one additional bag or two at the max, which you can anyways adjust in the cabin or so. But then again, you could remove the top cover and load more luggage, which I do not recommend since it can block rear view.

Unlike the honda city, there is no storage space under the seat. The honda had 510 litres of boot space plus storage under the back seat without compromising comfort or legroom!!

Quote:
But when I had the first glance, S-Cross did look smaller to me as compared to the Creta. .
If you view both cars parked right next to each other (which I had an opportunity to), the Creta is definitely bigger. It looks taller, bigger compared to S-Cross, but given the size of S-Cross I think it manages the interior space well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
True.
Numerically true. But the S Cross boot is much better shaped hence should be much more practical and usable as compared to the Ecosport.
Agree with this. I just wish they provided some depth to it and it would have been wonderful!

I think the S-Cross fits those who are not a family or more than 4 with a light luggage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks