Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 23:17   #2566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Are you saying you have a s-cross and it has apple car play factory installed?

Can you share your month of manufacturing and purchase? Looking forward to get that feature as well.

October manufactured as per RM. I haven't got time personally to check.
Old 12th December 2015, 08:01   #2567
BHPian

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
MF

Any update on your car repair ?

They have replied with the following mail.

Quote:
"This is with reference to your query dated 20th Nov'15, regarding your vehicle S-Cross bearing Chassis No. Xxxxxxx and sold on 27th Oct'15. You have reported concern of non-deployment of Air Bag in the vehicle at the time of collision.

Based on the feedback dated 20th Nov'15, the vehicle was thoroughly inspected and examined by us. In this regard, we would like to inform that the front end part level damages, shows that the relative speed of the vehicle during impact was not so severe to trigger deployment of airbag. The functional check of airbag parameters and seat belts were all found OK.

We would like to apprise that the efficiency of the safety features of the car is dependent on many factors mainly connected to the seriousness of the accident, driving speed, direction of collision, seated position, use of seatbelts, etc., The combination of the passive and active safety features (including the function of air bags) is explained in the Owner's Manual of the car. The said manual is supplied at the time of purchasing the car.

Hence in the above backdrop, we would like to conclude that there is no manufacturing defect in the vehicle and the air bag system is in defect free condition

For any further queries, please contact undersigned.

Assuring you of our best service always."

-------------------------------

I have sent them an email seeking more information.

We have the following Queries. Please share at the earliest

1-Share the data on which these results are based.

2-Share the calculations used to arrive at these results.

3-Share the Front part damage's as recorded by your engineers.

4-The speed of the vehicle at the time of the accident arrived at by your engineers.

5-The speeds at which the Air bags Function.
The complete investigation and examination reports of the vehicle.

6-The results arrived at by comparing the current accident to that of the Ciaz (For which the air bags deployed and the pics were shared).

We wish to highlight that no information has been shared by Yourself or Maruti till date as to why the air bags did not function.

You have merely made a statement that the Air bags of the vehicle are found to be in a defect free condition, but no data to that effect has been shared.
-------------------

If any of you have any suggestions on what more information I should seek, it is welcome.

Last edited by ampere : 14th December 2015 at 07:28. Reason: Edited quotes
Machine freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 08:13   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakra_krish View Post
HI
I was following this thread on the Scross, i am thinking of buying Scross in the near future
can anybody summarise how much is the total discount offereed for 1.3 and 1.6, because i am not very clear on this
In Cochin they offered 1 lakh cash discount and 40k exchange bonus on delta model 1.3 version (sold all 6 car they had in stock in a day). After this they are giving 40k exchange bonus and free insurance on zeta model.
Around 23 card were there and last I heard 10 card were sold in a day (my friend is getting one today).

There are definitely good deals if dealers are having cars left in stock, please check with your nearest dealers.

Last edited by y448 : 12th December 2015 at 08:14.
Old 12th December 2015, 09:05   #2569
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
I have sent them an email seeking more information.

We have the following Queries. Please share at the earliest

1-Share the data on which these results are based.

2-Share the calculations used to arrive at these results.

3-Share the Front part damage's as recorded by your engineers.

4-The speed of the vehicle at the time of the accident arrived at by your engineers.

5-The speeds at which the Air bags Function.
The complete investigation and examination reports of the vehicle.

6-The results arrived at by comparing the current accident to that of the Ciaz (For which the air bags deployed and the pics were shared).

We wish to highlight that no information has been shared by Yourself or Maruti till date as to why the air bags did not function.

You have merely made a statement that the Air bags of the vehicle are found to be in a defect free condition, but no data to that effect has been shared.

-------------------
If any of you have any suggestions on what more information I should seek, it is welcome.
MF

This is tricky case for both, manufacturer and the customer.

I doubt if Maruti would have all the collision info from the accident site --> service station to present the data and calculations you have demanded.
Anyways Good luck and hope they (MS) throw up a surprise to you on goodwill basis.

Also, hope you have read about the airbag system in Scross owner manual
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3863257

Lastly, Please do NOT compare with Ciaz. Overall, Scross is far superior in terms of build quality.

Last edited by kpzen : 12th December 2015 at 09:06.
Old 12th December 2015, 19:43   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Test Drove S-Cross 1.6 version today. Overall, very impressed with the build quality, ride, Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) and power.

Love the power delivery once the turbo kicks in around 1800, but would have preferred a more linear power delivery for city. If the primary usage is highway, just close your eyes and go for 1.6.

The build quality, ride and handling is unlike other maruti. The NVH is as good as a petrol vehicle.

Found the gear shift a little hard (may be as it is a TD vehicle), and throw is not as short as Swift. Prefer the gear shift on Swift. The clutch seems a little hard, with long travel.

I am 6'2" tall and could easily find a comfortable seating position. The deal pedal is very useful.

The discount is around 2.5 lakhs which makes it a good deal. But, this includes insurance too. They would not allow taking insurance from outside. They seem desperate to sell the 1.6 version.

The NEXA showroom was crowded with a lot of activity around Baleno. I could not believe that it was the same showroom which was deserted earlier. Checked out baleno and impressed with the package, but the build quality is no where compared to S Cross. I would prefer the 1.3 version of S Cross rather than going for Baleno.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 22:42   #2571
BHPian

Hi,

I remember reading ownership review of Delta version. Can somebody point me towards it?
With a discount of 1Lakh in Bangalore, delta seems to be a VFM. Wanted to check the same

girish
Old 13th December 2015, 17:00   #2572
BHPian

Debadged

Some one stole the S Cross badge from the boot lid. Now my hippo has been debadged. Will have to contact the service team for a new one
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross-stolen.jpg
Else everything is going fine. Post 7.5k km I get around 18 kmpl and no rattles or squeaks.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-s-cross-2.jpg

Last edited by sandygordon : 13th December 2015 at 17:07.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 17:26   #2573
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post

Some one stole the S Cross badge from the boot lid.
"S-Cross" Emblem may cost you 100 bucks maximum. These don't cost much.

My only worry in such issues are scratches to the body when the person who is stealing users some sharp told to yank it out.
Old 13th December 2015, 17:44   #2574
BHPian

Ouch! Where did this happen? Chances are Te badge will be resold in grey market. This happened with my uncles car and he found his car badge in the grey market on offer 😊 there was an identification mark on his car badge.
Old 14th December 2015, 07:26   #2575
Distinguished - BHPian

S Cross at the AutoCross 2015.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-23.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-cwfmbt_vaaakwfz.jpg
Name:  untitled.png
Views: 3666
Size:  196.2 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th December 2015 at 07:32.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 10:52   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakra_krish View Post
HI
I was following this thread on the Scross, i am thinking of buying Scross in the near future
can anybody summarise how much is the total discount offereed for 1.3 and 1.6, because i am not very clear on this

I have checked the 1.6L.
Following is the discount.

DDiS 320 Delta 12,03,000 -2,90,000 9,13,000
DDiS 320 Zeta 13,03,000 -2,00,000 11,03,000
DDiS 320 Alpha 13,78,001 -2,00,000 11,78,001

These are Ex Showroom Noida Prices.
I was told that there are some freebees along with the Delta such as Alloy, Gramin etc etc.
vijit.gangwar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 11:45   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijit.gangwar View Post
I have checked the 1.6L.
Following is the discount.

DDiS 320 Delta 12,03,000 -2,90,000 9,13,000

I was told that there are some freebees along with the Delta such as Alloy, Gramin etc etc.
These are huge discounts. 24 % upfront and if you count the feebees >25 % and that too for a vehicle launched four months back. Such discounts were generally for stock clearance. If this would have been the price back in August, who knows many of us would have tilted towards the Cross. Missed opportunity SUZUKI!

They have finally understood that pricing of 1.6 was way off and coupled with the pressure of Nexa outlet creation , it seems to have hit hard. Sad to see this for a very very capable vehicle.

Now lets see how fast they get the 1.5 Ltr engine on board.
Old 14th December 2015, 12:21   #2578

Hi, thanks for sharing the discounts in Noida, this is really useful to take a decision , also anybody got details on discounts with 1.3l engines, this will be useful
Old 14th December 2015, 12:30   #2579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post

Now lets see how fast they get the 1.5 Ltr engine on board.
Which engine is this- the in house Suzuki engine or the 1.5 MJD ( under development) from Fiat?
Old 14th December 2015, 12:36   #2580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Which engine is this- the in house Suzuki engine or the 1.5 MJD ( under development) from Fiat?
I am talking of the Suzuki’s in-house developed 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine (not FIAT).

There was earlier a talk of this being postponed but last week Autocar reported that Suzuki is very much ON this development.

Must be the 1.6 cost factor effect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks