Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2016, 11:54   #5236
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Well I clean my car with ArmorAll carwash every week and also I apply carwax on it in every few months.
I too use armour all car wash. It's the best. But 3m wax wasn't able to give a shine like yours. Does wax come off in rains? It's been raining like hell here in Goa. Heard someone saying we shouldn't be applying wax during monsoon.
Old 26th July 2016, 12:32   #5237

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
Hi, What do you do with the black beading and the scuff plates? When I wash and polish the car, there is a whitish stain on black areas. Is there a way to polish them?
Yeah I have faced a similar problem. I used scratch out on the front fender to remove a minor scratch and some of it did get rubbed on the black plastic cladding and after that I haven't been able to remove the white marks. It's been a few weeks and they seem to be vanishing slowly.
Old 26th July 2016, 12:37   #5238

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I too use armour all car wash. It's the best. But 3m wax wasn't able to give a shine like yours. Does wax come off in rains? It's been raining like hell here in Goa. Heard someone saying we shouldn't be applying wax during monsoon.
I don't think applying wax in monsoon is harmful but yes the higher frequency of rains during monsoon may affect the life of wax so the car may lose its shine earlier than in normal conditions. And also I cannot comment about the 3M wax as I have only used Formula1 Carnauba Carwax for all my vehicles and it always gives me good result. I also keep a spraywax parked in the boot of the car. And a few days ago I got a Teflon coating for my S-Cross which has enhanced the shine and i hope will protect the paint.
Old 26th July 2016, 12:49   #5239
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki deprioritize the production of S Cross to make way for Vitara Brezza and Baleno's.

Waiting period for DDiS200 stands at ~ 10-12 weeks in Bangalore.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 11:54   #5240
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the latest pricing of Zeta DDiS200 in Bangalore. Minimum waiting period is ~ 8-10 weeks and is dependent on the color too.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 13:53   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the latest pricing of Zeta DDiS200 in Bangalore. Minimum waiting period is ~ 8-10 weeks and is dependent on the color too.

Attachment 1534173
Thanks for this Volkman.
On this topic a question in general, does anyone here know how this price compares to pricing of Zeta DDiS200 around this time last year in Bangalore ?
Also the Nexa card charge mentioned here was paid by me when I purchased in Jan and 7 months later I still have not received anything yet. Has anyone recieved a card ? If they are charging for it my guess is they should deliver it. I tried using the Nexa app to raise a request and nothing happened there either.
Old 27th July 2016, 14:03   #5242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
On this topic a question in general, does anyone here know how this price compares to pricing of Zeta DDiS200 around this time last year in Bangalore ?
Yes, I have it for you

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th July 2016 at 14:04.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 14:44   #5243
BHPian

[quote=volkman10;4023154]Yes, I have it for you

Wow, that was quick. Thanks again Volkman.
This means the price without the corporate discount is approx. 20k lesser now. Surely early bird gets the worm isn't really true in this case but definitely good to know that inspite of whatever changes in taxation post budget the change is still a positive one for the new buyers.

I got a 2015 Oct manufactured alpha 200ddis for 12.4 OTR in Jan this year, and extremely happy with the car. It's done 14 k Kms till date and goinf strong.
Old 27th July 2016, 16:07   #5244
Senior - BHPian

My vehicle has come to the yard and am going to check it tomorrow. Can I know where I can find the VIN number of the car? It is an Alpha 1.6, if that matters...
Old 27th July 2016, 16:28   #5245
BHPian

@Arvind, please open the bonnet and look at the panel just below the windshield in the engine bay, you will see the VIN along with the last two alphabets that will tell you the month and year of manufacture imprinted on a metal plate. There are several threads here which will tell you how to interpret the month and year of make from the VIN, a search should get you there. Hope this helps.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 13:21   #5246
Distinguished - BHPian

I removed the back cap of headlight to check the ballast and projector. Back cap is fixed with a single screw on top.

Ballast is placed inside headlight assembly. It is a 25W Philips Ballast. Bulb is D5S Hid. There is enough space to remove the stock projector from back. I hope new projector (Mini D2S) could be installed without opening the headlight assembly. I need to confirm about this. A projector swap without opening headlight assembly would be just great.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160728_125351.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 18:26   #5247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
@Arvind, please open the bonnet and look at the panel just below the windshield in the engine bay, you will see the VIN along with the last two alphabets that will tell you the month and year of manufacture imprinted on a metal plate. There are several threads here which will tell you how to interpret the month and year of make from the VIN, a search should get you there. Hope this helps.
Took a look at vehicle today at the yard. Based on your response, was able to quickly find out the VIN number and the last 2 alphabets were GG which I assume to be July 2016 based on some googling. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Did a quick check and found everything to be ok. Only thing was they had already removed the plastic covers for the car seat. I requested them to put on new plastic covers as the delivery would happen only on the 4th of August. I am not sure if they can put new plastic sheets though. I guess a good vacuuming session before delivery should take care of any dust. Now that I have seen the vehicle, want it to be delivered immediately
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 18:32   #5248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
Folks, MSIL replaced the faulty axle tube under warranty with a new one. Two mechanics took almost 3 hours to complete the job.

Problem is rectified , for now.
Thanks for posting this.

I went for 3rd servicing of my 1.3 with the same clunking noise problem. Initially the Pasco folks could not diagnose it. So I showed them your post, after which a MUL engineer examined and ordered for a replacement of the "dead axle". The part was not available in stock and should be in tomorrow / day after.

Can you post a copy of the bill or share the part number that got replaced in your car ?

Thank You
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 19:36   #5249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Took a look at vehicle today at the yard. Based on your response, was able to quickly find out the VIN number and the last 2 alphabets were GG which I assume to be July 2016 based on some googling. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Yes GG is July 2016, congratulations on getting to see your beast for the first time. Wishing you many happy miles and as you mentioned nothing that a good vacuuming job can't fix about the dust. Cheers!
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 23:06   #5250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
...Did a quick check and found everything to be ok. Only thing was they had already removed the plastic covers for the car seat. I requested them to put on new plastic covers as the delivery would happen only on the 4th of August. I am not sure if they can put new plastic sheets though. I guess a good vacuuming session before delivery should take care of any dust....
Congrats on the car! Don't worry, they'll clean the car inside out before delivery and you'll not find even a trace of dust. Honestly, even the seat covers don't help much while transporting as I had seen my car straight out of the container.

I suggest to ask them to remove the plastic as it'll be uncomfortable to sit and also will add to non-degradable waste once you reach your home. Please do post a lot of pics and an ownership thread once you do around 1000 kms on your car! Happy motoring!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks