Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2016, 19:18   #4996
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am surprised! I had a Gen 1 Swift and I had Osram Nightbreakers and was extremely satisfied. The cabbies used to flash at me (to dim) even when I was using the low beam.
That may be because these bulbs have a tinge of white and are more distracting/bright to the oncoming traffic. While the light throw on the road might appear pure yellow, the whitish dazzling effect is pretty much evident when you compare a car with stock bulbs and these.

In 100/90, though I didn't find any improvement in the pattern of throw, the beam intensity increases by a good margin. This makes low beam much stronger (and sharper) even though the high beam improvement is a notch below. I haven't used NB or XV bulbs but the throw and intensity (on a wall) when compared to 100/90 was definitely not inspiring. Anyway, they make a strong case for themselves as they do not cause warranty problems.

Let the OP try them and update.
Old 18th June 2016, 22:57   #4997
Senior - BHPian

My old ritz had an upgraded wiring kit with 100/130s on left and 100/90s on right. It was just brilliant. The current ones in the s-cross does not even come close. The ritz had a brilliant reflector design that gives a very good throw. I am not sure what the scenario is in the s-cross. I would be upgrading soon, with rains and on roads without street lights (read NH47 currently) the road is literally a light sponge and you cannot see anything at all with the stock s-cross head lamps.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 01:00   #4998
BHPian

Any options of upgrading output for Alpha headlights without going for a full replacement like Mi10 did ?
Old 19th June 2016, 06:35   #4999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I would be upgrading soon, with rains and on roads without street lights (read NH47 currently) the road is literally a light sponge and you cannot see anything at all with the stock s-cross head lamps.
I'm also finding it very difficult to have a good visibility in badly lit / Not lit roads. Looking for bulbs in the same wattage category with better visibility.
Old 19th June 2016, 10:56   #5000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Any options of upgrading output for Alpha headlights without going for a full replacement like Mi10 did ?
Mi10 did not replace headlights. He got projector retrofit done for his S-Cross Zeta.

I have S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. My Kwid with halogen bulbs has better output than so called bixenon projector of S-Cross. I am planning to replace projector, bulbs and ballast from Xenon Planet. Another option is to go for AUX lamps. Projector retrofit requires opening up of headlight assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I'm also finding it very difficult to have a good visibility in badly lit / Not lit roads. Looking for bulbs in the same wattage category with better visibility.
I guess it's the problem with reflector design. Better bulbs won't make a big difference.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 19th June 2016 at 10:58.
Old 19th June 2016, 11:14   #5001
BHPian

Came across this advertisement today in the Deccan Herald Bangalore Edition and couldn't control sharing it.

Lets begin with the good things first. If one can get to look closely, you will notice

1. The new metallic finished alloys (mention of new Alloys have been posted earlier by member RavenAvi) in a different thread.
2. Stock tyres now have been changed to Appolo Alnac 4G (Better compared to JKs atleast)

And the not so good thing...Mention of DDiS 200 ONLY and its ARAI Mileage.
Looks like with the various rumors going around DDiS 320 / 1.6L, MSIL will most likely pull the plug once the imported stock of the 1.6L engines gets over. Even though MSIL seems to be giving us lot of hints of the same, they are consciously not making any official announcement.

If these rumors indeed become true, my gut feeling is that MSIL will continue with 1.3L and the yet to be unveiled 1.5 L Petrol engine for S-Cross. DDiS 320 / 1.6 L version could be exclusively reserved for the upcoming Grand Vitara and may be just based on pre-orders for the S-Cross.

Picture Source : Deccan Herald - 19th June, Bangalore edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_19072.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_19061.png  

Keynote is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 13:40   #5002
BHPian

Had some glossy black vinyl so tried some DIY job on front .personally i liked it but wasnt quite happy with the finishing so removed it now.does it look imposing? Or stock looks good ?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20160619133024.png  

Old 19th June 2016, 14:07   #5003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
does it look imposing? Or stock looks good ?
Looks nice. Along with this wrap, try wrapping the lower one of the two chrome slats above the number plate if you still have some spare vinyl. It will looks much better and aggressive.

The front look is imposing with the gloss black vinyl, but you can try matte shade if you think it doesn't gel with rest of the black plastics.

Last edited by biggrin : 19th June 2016 at 14:19.
Old 19th June 2016, 19:24   #5004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
Friends, during the second free service (@ 5000 Kms) of my Delta 1.6, I reported a suspension related issue at the Service Center: A heavy clunking sound which apparently originates from the “Rear Axle Tube” only when the vehicle is turning on a path with any gradient. Say, on a Ramp or curved path wherein the vehicle would require bending on one side due to slope in the path.
Folks, MSIL replaced the faulty axle tube under warranty with a new one. Two mechanics took almost 3 hours to complete the job.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160617_172431-copy.jpg

Problem is rectified , for now.
smitz4u is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 19:26   #5005
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post

1. The new metallic finished alloys (mention of new Alloys have been posted earlier by member RavenAvi) in a different thread.
2. Stock tyres now have been changed to Appolo Alnac 4G
This is interesting especially as I am getting delivery of my 1.3 soon. I was pondering over tyre change by looking at reports of cracks in tyres. I have asked my RM to confirm this news on stock tyres. Grey alloys IMHO are more acceptable than the silver ones.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 08:26   #5006
Distinguished - BHPian

With petrol cars in demand, Maruti Suzuki Fast tracks the S Cross Petrol variant.

Maruti S-Cross petrol for India could come with a 1.5-litre 100hp M15 engine.

The M15 is a 1,490cc, four-cylinder engine which produces 100hp at 5,900rpm and 133Nm of torque at 4,100rpm.

This new Engine is likely to come in Ciaz also.

Quote:
The M15 engine is also likely to replace the 1.4-litre K14 unit found in Maruti Ciaz. The S-Cross with the 1.5-litre petrol engine could be offered with an optional four-speed automatic gearbox also, but that has not been confirmed yet.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ks-402240.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th June 2016 at 08:40.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 09:17   #5007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Mi10 did not replace headlights. He got projector retrofit done for his S-Cross Zeta.

I have S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. My Kwid with halogen bulbs has better output than so called bixenon projector of S-Cross. I am planning to replace projector, bulbs and ballast from Xenon Planet. Another option is to go for AUX lamps. Projector retrofit requires opening up of headlight assembly.

I guess it's the problem with reflector design. Better bulbs won't make a big difference.
Thanks Naren. Yes, I think I will have to go the Aux lamps, it's silly how you spend money on the alpha version and still have to look for changes/addition to the stock kits.
Old 20th June 2016, 09:32   #5008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With petrol cars in demand, Maruti Suzuki Fast tracks the S Cross Petrol variant.

Maruti S-Cross petrol for India could come with a 1.5-litre 100hp M15 engine.

The M15 is a 1,490cc, four-cylinder engine which produces 100hp at 5,900rpm and 133Nm of torque at 4,100rpm.

This new Engine is likely to come in Ciaz also.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ks-402240.aspx
Is this based on the old M16 unit with a shorter stroke? AFAIK the M series engines are older than the K series ones. Not complaining anyway since I love the grunt from the older Suzuki motors Out of cruiosity, how much of a tax benefit would cars like the S-Cross and Ciaz get by using a 1.5 instead of a 1.6L motor?
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:04   #5009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Is this based on the old M16 unit with a shorter stroke? AFAIK the M series engines are older than the K series ones. Not complaining anyway since I love the grunt from the older Suzuki motors Out of cruiosity, how much of a tax benefit would cars like the S-Cross and Ciaz get by using a 1.5 instead of a 1.6L motor?
I am surprised to see Maruti going for M series engine. K series is more refined and efficient. Maruti could have given 1.6 M16 engine itself. It produces 120 bhp. For petrol cars, below 1200 CC has tax benefit. M15 engine won't get any tax benefits, I can't understand why we won't get M16 engine.
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:25   #5010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I am surprised to see Maruti going for M series engine. K series is more refined and efficient. Maruti could have given 1.6 M16 engine itself.
The new M15 petrol engine will be tuned differently to achieve acceptable torque and power figures for the S Cross.

The ones quoted are from the basic engine specifications.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks