Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2016, 16:17   #4921
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
As per user manual of S-cross, it has to be replaced after 40k kms only.
Will know the real scenario @ 10k service.
Yes, I was also shocked to see 40K kms interval. Manual says cleaning every 10K Kms and can be replaced early depending on dust conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Rs 910

Labour cost would be extra or part of the service cost.
So it is expensive for 1.6. I think it costs only 400 Rs for 1.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
This filter looks very similar to the one I too cleaned. Can you please clarify whether this is the filter behind the glove box?

If this is the filter behind the glove box, then all you need to do is remove the glove box by just pressing both sides of the glove box a bit and it simply slides out exposing the filter box. You just open the front cover of the filter box by pressing the edges and get the filter out.
Girish
You are talking about cabin air filter. Picture posted by kpzen is engine air filter which is located in engine bay.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 11th June 2016 at 16:43.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 16:40   #4922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Can you post pictures explaining how to do it on our own if possible.
Look for the position of air filter in the engine bay. The owner manual will be having information about the location. The filter would be kept in place via some clips/pins which you will have to remove. In my Dzire, the clips can be easily removed without any tool. Take the filter out, clean it and put it back. Keep in mind to place it properly (with clean side inside and dirty one outside, as it was originally placed). You're done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
This filter looks very similar to the one I too cleaned. Can you please clarify whether this is the filter behind the glove box?
It might be possible that cabin as well as engine air filter look similar in S Cross. kpzen has confirmed that it is the engine air filter, and it will be obviously placed in the engine bay near the intake. The one behind the glovebox is cabin air filter. No way there would be so much dirt in the cabin air filter.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 16:44   #4923
BHPian

Just visited Kalyani Nexa, JP Nagar. The manager confirmed that Maruti is
not making any more of 1.6 delta and Zeta and its making only 1.6 Alpha.
Also, Maruti is concentrating more on covering the last time due to the fire accident to manufacture more of Balenos.

Girish
Old 11th June 2016, 17:28   #4924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I saw this commercial in a Malayalam movie channel today quite a number of times. It was beaming in almost all commercial breaks.
I too saw the commercial on MN+ yesterday and recorded it on my DVR as it was the first time I had seen the advertisement on television.
Old 12th June 2016, 08:59   #4925
BHPian

Ever since the AVN system has been updated with carplay and new maps (during 15k service) there is a problem with it. It freezes while muting it or while changing modes. It hangs when you take a call or disconnect a call. The screen has become less responsive while using phone. Have anyone else noted the same problem??
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 09:17   #4926
Senior - BHPian

I kind of loved the new S-Cross commercial. It feels as if I bought some fancy expensive car.

Looking at the commercial, I think that the blue colour of S-Cross does stand out prominently compared to White/ Silver / Grey. Of course Brown is also a great shade.
ajay_satpute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 22:21   #4927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I kind of loved the new S-Cross commercial. It feels as if I bought some fancy expensive car.
Here it is - Above the Ordinary!

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 10:02   #4928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @viral View Post
Can you post pictures explaining how to do it on our own if possible.
Removal procedure from the user manual (Maintenance section)

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-20160612_133618.jpg
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 18:26   #4929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
I've booked S-Cross 1.6 Alpha in Granite Grey Color and the delivery is scheduled this Thursday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations buddy on the S Cross..
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
You will truly enjoy the beast and forget about the extra dough you had to shell out, dont worry!! Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
Congratulations buddy!
Few pictures of my 1.6 Alpha at the time of delivery last Thursday. After the customary Pooja at the temple, went directly to Madhu's and did the alignment and Road Force balancing. Since one of my cousin is a Michelin dealer from the neighboring state, got the P3STs as a gift and changed the tyres while doing the balancing. Needless to say, folks at Madhu's were very professional and completed the work in less than 45 minutes. Over the weekend checked into near by 3M store and did the PPF for (a) ORVMs, (b) Door Handles and (c) Door Edges. The alloys now have a metallic finish look when compared to the initial batches. When viewed from the side profile they blend very nicely with the overall color of the vehicle including the roof rails, door sill guards. If we ever went for the looks instead of performance wouldn't we all owners be looking elsewhere? But that is just me
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7828.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_7824.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_78691.png  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_79341.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by Keynote : 13th June 2016 at 18:30. Reason: Grammar
Keynote is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 18:36   #4930
BANNED

Quote:
Few pictures of my 1.6 Alpha at the time of delivery last Thursday.
Congratulations once again.

The tail light picture especially the 1st one is excellent. Fantastic.

Car is highly understated and spoilt by Maruti by pricing it over-confidently. Had it been priced the same at the launch, sales numbers would have been 5000+ units consistently. Sad!

PS: It's time to update your signature buddy.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 19:36   #4931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The tail light picture especially the 1st one is excellent. Fantastic. Car is highly understated and spoilt by Maruti by pricing it over-confidently. Had it been priced the same at the launch, sales numbers would have been 5000+ units consistently. Sad!PS: It's time to update your signature buddy.
Thank you a4anurag. Credit goes to Wifey for some of the wonderful pics.
Couldn't agree more on the fact that it is the most understated vehicle of the year. PS : Honestly never, ever thought I would become a proud owner of 1.6 and the 25th post would contain the delivery pictures. Never planned it....but just happened, hence it never striked me to change the signature Must say I've been lucky and God has been very kind so far. More to come in the ownership review.
Keynote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 19:50   #4932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More to come in the ownership review.
Congrats on the 1.6! Superb car. Which NEXA is this? Also, did you get any discounts, freebies? How was the booking to delivery process and experience, and how much time did it take for them to deliver your car?
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 20:03   #4933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few pictures of my 1.6 Alpha at the time of delivery last Thursday.
Congrats buddy!! Good you changed the tyres at the outset. Superb pics and a double congrats on becoming a bhpian from a newbie. Looks awesome in Granite Grey.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 20:17   #4934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats on the 1.6! Superb car. Which NEXA is this? Also, did you get any discounts, freebies? How was the booking to delivery process and experience, and how much time did it take for them to deliver your car?
Thank you. Absolutely no discounts offered in regards to the on road price. Since it was bought through company purchase, got Corporate discount of 10K, good quality S-Cross rubber floor mats instead of the fabric ones, standard accessories such as car cover, scuff plates, mud flaps and got a MGA Premium Car Cleaning Kit worth 1.3k as complimentary. Final OTR price including the extended warranty was INR15.40L. It was Pratham Nexa, experience from the time of enquiry of the vehicle and until the delivery was superb and fantastic.

Last edited by Keynote : 13th June 2016 at 20:37. Reason: spelling
Old 13th June 2016, 21:07   #4935
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Absolutely no discounts offered in regards to the on road price. Since it was bought through company purchase, got Corporate discount of 10K, good quality S-Cross rubber floor mats instead of the fabric ones, standard accessories such as car cover, scuff plates, mud flaps and got a MGA Premium Car Cleaning Kit worth 1.3k as complimentary. Final OTR price including the extended warranty was INR15.40L. It was Pratham Nexa, experience from the time of enquiry of the vehicle and until the delivery was superb and fantastic.
Congratulations Keynote !!!
It's really nice to see the granite grey beast.. Wish you a lot of happy miles.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks