Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 19:21   #4531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Congrats Doc!! Your S-Cross looks awesome!!

Which tyres have you gone for?? I am unable to make it from the pictures.
I have not changed the tyres buddy. I am planning to keep it stock for some time. I have one set of unused Falken 205/60 R16, which I had bought for SX4.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 20:31   #4532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

Hello Team,

I completed all documentation process today. I would be getting the car tomorrow.
Congrats Dr.Naren and all that is left now, albeit eventually, is your purchase & ownership experience thread.

If I was in the market today, the DDiS 320 would be an absolute top of the list contender. Though the exterior looks & design are not my favourites, this car is so well put together that I can always alter the looks, which is completely subjective.

Quote:

Dealer has installed new alloys. This has totally transformed the looks of S-Cross.

My S-Cross with those alloys are attracting many customers at showroom according to him
I think you must seriously tell your RM to share this pic with Nexa/Maruti heads.

Everything about the S-Cross is premium except those pathetic OEM alloys.

I think if nothing else, surely the mid/top variants of DDiS 320 MUST get these rims as optional if not standard.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th May 2016 at 20:33.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 23:24   #4533
BHPian

Wow Doc,
Your S-Cross looks droolworthy. Agreed that these should be the standard alloys at least on the 320!
Off topic, will these alloys fit on the Baleno too? With the default 195 section tyres?
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 23:25   #4534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats Dr.Naren and all that is left now, albeit eventually, is your purchase & ownership experience thread.

If I was in the market today, the DDiS 320 would be an absolute top of the list contender. Though the exterior looks & design are not my favourites, this car is so well put together that I can always alter the looks, which is completely subjective.

I think you must seriously tell your RM to share this pic with Nexa/Maruti heads.

Everything about the S-Cross is premium except those pathetic OEM alloys.

I think if nothing else, surely the mid/top variants of DDiS 320 MUST get these rims as optional if not standard.
S-Cross looks are nothing great. But it is not bad looking. I find the design as evolution of SX4.

Maruti would have definitely got more numbers if they provided the alloys I bought as stock
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 07:44   #4535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Wow Doc,
Your S-Cross looks droolworthy. Agreed that these should be the standard alloys at least on the 320!
Off topic, will these alloys fit on the Baleno too? With the default 195 section tyres?
Yes buddy!! S-Cross begs for better alloys.

No it won't fit baleno, Baleno alloys have 4 holes compared to 5 holes for S-Cross/Brezza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
Congraz Dr, Finally your wait is worth a zillion Do keep posted on further updates once you get a hands on of your car.
Thanks buddy!!

I have already started writing down my ownership review.
Old 17th May 2016, 08:25   #4536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team,

I completed all documentation process today. I would be getting the car tomorrow.
Hearty congratulation doc, welcome to the group of the elite.
I swapped out the stock JKs with Michelin Primacy. The ride has become more silent and comfortable.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 08:39   #4537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hearty congratulation doc, welcome to the group of the elite.
I swapped out the stock JKs with Michelin Primacy. The ride has become more silent and comfortable.
Happy motoring buddy!!

I am sticking to stock tyres for some time. Did you get any discounts? How do you find the drive in traffic?
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 09:14   #4538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The S Cross at the Deccan TSD Rally!

Attachment 1507410

Source- MS Sport
Anyone noticed the rear hatch carrying the Maruti Suzuki logo on the LHS and the Scross on the RHS.
Quote:
Happy motoring buddy!!

I am sticking to stock tyres for some time. Did you get any discounts? How do you find the drive in traffic?
Apart from the corporate discount nothing else.
Surprisingly i found the car quite nimble and the turbolag very manageable, even better than my old swift. I would say the 1.6 can easily be driven in city traffic.Regarding the tyres I must say the change has made a world of difference. The performance of the JKs are strictly average though the ones on my K10 perform quite well.

All the best for the new car .

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th May 2016 at 09:17.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 09:24   #4539
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the corporate discount nothing else.
Surprisingly i found the car quite nimble and the turbolag very manageable, even better than my old swift. I would say the 1.6 can easily be driven in city traffic.Regarding the tyres I must say the change has made a world of difference. The performance of the JKs are strictly average though the ones on my K10 perform quite well.

All the best for the new car .
I would be driving on rough/broken roads. Tyres like Michelin/Bridgestone/Yokohoma offer good grip and less road noise. But my previous experience was not good with these tyres on broken roads. Bridgestone had sidewall bubble and Michelin had sidewall cut. Tyres like JK/MRF/Appolo perform good on bad roads.

Even I am getting only corporate discount (10K). What accessories did you get?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 17th May 2016 at 09:26. Reason: Shortened the quoted text :)
Old 17th May 2016, 09:28   #4540
BHPian

My s cross emits black smoke in 3rd gear +whenever i press the right pedal hard( you can say when turbocharger kicks in third gear).i know this is not the correct way to drive diesel car but sometimes on highways you need that instant acceleration. If i drive it moderately then no smoke ( 4th gear + turbocharger kicks in= No smoke ) In past maruti have successfully diagnosed black smoke issue for my car.does changing air filter or engine oils will make things better? 2nd free service is due this week and i am in two minded over oil change .
P.s no performance loss is felt.the car just flies when turbo kicks in but i can see black smoke in rear view mirrors which worries me.
Old 17th May 2016, 09:29   #4541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would be driving on rough/broken roads. Tyres like Michelin/Bridgestone/Yokohoma offer good grip and less road noise. But my previous experience was not good with these tyres on broken roads. Bridgestone had sidewall bubble and Michelin had sidewall cut. Tyres like JK/MRF/Appolo perform good on bad roads.

Even I am getting only corporate discount (10K). What accessories did you get?
Mine is more on smooth tarmac and less on broken roads. Regarding the accessories, I got- Mud flaps,floor mats,Cushion, Tom Tom mobile charger and a mobile mount. I bought one of those illuminated door sill guards, looks quiet good i say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
My s cross emits black smoke in 3rd gear +whenever i press the right pedal hard( you can say when turbocharger kicks in third gear).i know this is not the correct way to drive diesel car but sometimes on highways you need that instant acceleration. If i drive it moderately then no smoke ( 4th gear + turbocharger kicks in= No smoke ) In past maruti have successfully diagnosed black smoke issue for my car.does changing air filter or engine oils will make things better? 2nd free service is due this week and i am in two minded over oil change .
P.s no performance loss is felt.the car just flies when turbo kicks in but i can see black smoke in rear view mirrors which worries me.
Black smoke related to-
1-Choked airfilter.
2-Choked Intercooler-causes smoke under heavy acceleration.Did you get the engine oil changed?If yes, was the oil filled with the correct quantity? Check the intercooler for blockages.
3-Choked EGR due to adulterated diesel.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 17th May 2016 at 09:34.
Old 17th May 2016, 09:41   #4542
BHPian

Quote:
Black smoke related to-
1-Choked airfilter.
2-Choked Intercooler-causes smoke under heavy acceleration.Did you get the engine oil changed?If yes, was the oil filled with the correct quantity? Check the intercooler for blockages.
3-Choked EGR due to adulterated diesel.
No i haven't changed it yet. 2nd free service is due this week and i am planning to change( should i change it? ) The smoke comes only under heavy acceleration. Will ask the SA to examine intercooler and air filter. Anything else i need to change in 2nd service? this is my first diesel car so have little idea about everything
also my car is September 2015 manufactured and took delivery in February 2016. 5 months idle time is too long according to me.

Last edited by sahiltodankar : 17th May 2016 at 09:49. Reason: added some more points
Old 17th May 2016, 09:45   #4543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is more on smooth tarmac and less on broken roads. Regarding the accessories, I got- Mud flaps,floor mats,Cushion, Tom Tom mobile charger and a mobile mount. I bought one of those illuminated door sill guards, looks quiet good i say.
RM just called to inform that they don't have illuminated door sills in stock. So I would get it during first service. I have opted for only Mats, Mud flaps & Sport pedals. Few more hours and I would be proud owner of 1.6 S-Cross Alpha
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 10:20   #4544
BHPian

Quote:
RM just called to inform that they don't have illuminated door sills in stock. So I would get it during first service. I have opted for only Mats, Mud flaps & Sport pedals. Few more hours and I would be proud owner of 1.6 S-Cross Alpha
Congratulations Dr.Naren. White 1.6 with the new alloys is just fabulous.
Illuminated door sills are really nice. All the people who got inside my car, appreciated this one and says that it really adds to the beauty of the vehicle.

I just did the second Bangalore - Mumbai round trip and back in Bangalore. While returning yesterday, Had a chance to drive alongside of a white 1.6 S-Cross near the Chitradurga bypass. My 1.3 couldn't catchup that guy for a long time.

Also, I was travelling with my family and my son (He is just 7) gives very stern warnings if I cross 120+ speeds.

Congratulations once again and you have a lot more happy miles with your dream machine.

Last edited by Sree73 : 17th May 2016 at 10:37.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 11:21   #4545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
No i haven't changed it yet. 2nd free service is due this week and i am planning to change( should i change it? ) The smoke comes only under heavy acceleration. Will ask the SA to examine intercooler and air filter. Anything else i need to change in 2nd service? this is my first diesel car so have little idea about everything
also my car is September 2015 manufactured and took delivery in February 2016. 5 months idle time is too long according to me.
Hi Sahil,
I have a Sep-15 make too and got it in April-16. But do not have this issue. Try the things Rakesh mentioned. I think post the service, fill fuel at a different station to eliminate inferior diesel quality issue.
shivasi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks