BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Finally!!

Attachment 1507087

Machine Finished Alloys of Brezza : DROOL

Attachment 1507091

My 1.6 S cross has landed today. Dealer has sourced machine finished alloys too. I am taking delivery next week. Very excited!!

Just Wow, The alloys looks awesome and it will definitely change the stance of S-Cross. Once these alloys are fitted to the car, please send the snaps to Nexa and Maruti marketing and management team and hope they swap these alloys to the boring alloys which S-Cross offers. Can you please let please break-up the cost as to how much only the alloys costed and how do we need to ask the NEXA showroom because one of my friends is buying S-Cross and he is shopping for alloys and I will let him know the price and process.

Thanks a lot for picture of the alloy
engine_charan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 16:39   #4517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
Just Wow, The alloys looks awesome and it will definitely change the stance of S-Cross. Once these alloys are fitted to the car, please send the snaps to Nexa and Maruti marketing and management team and hope they swap these alloys to the boring alloys which S-Cross offers. Can you please let please break-up the cost as to how much only the alloys costed and how do we need to ask the NEXA showroom because one of my friends is buying S-Cross and he is shopping for alloys and I will let him know the price and process.

Thanks a lot for picture of the alloy
Most of the Nexa dealers have regular maruti dealerships. Mandovi Nexa sourced these alloys from their regular Maruti dealer. It costs 25K for set of 4 alloys. These alloys are direct fit for S cross.

Cheers!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 18:18   #4518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SX4 has certain SGP parts and it takes more than a month to arrive if not in stock.
S-Cross spares are readily available and hardly ever need to be sourced from Gurgaon nevermind even Japan. If your SX4 waits for more than a month for parts, then I suggest finding a better service center. My Kizashi has never had to wait more than a few days if parts are coming from Gurgaon and if they need to be sourced from Japan, it still gets done in 2 weeks time. Once had to replace the memory seat buttons because one of the settings stopped working for some odd reason (replaced under warranty), once had to replace the windshield as I was too close behind a truck on some awful roads and had my windscreen chipped by a small stone, front bumper was replaced as well when a small stubby water pump broke the clips while navigating a U-turn on a rainy night in Bangalore in some narrow dark village ally (was on the way to a farmhouse party when google maps made me get lost and ended up getting me there 2 hours late), had a few suspension linkages and other bits and bobs replaced as well, I can go on, there have been quite a few things replaced by me on my adventures with the car, but never once has my car had to wait for more than the 2 weeks for parts.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 15th May 2016 at 18:20.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 18:23   #4519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
S-Cross spares are readily available and hardly ever need to be sourced from Gurgaon nevermind even Japan. If your SX4 waits for more than a month for parts, then I suggest finding a better service center.
Good to know that buddy!! My SX4 had met with major accident and total repair costed 3.98 lakhs. It took almost more than a month for all parts to arrive. Dealer said it's because certain parts are SGP and not available in stock even at factory. I am still waiting for few plastic panels near ABC pedals(almost a year now )
Old 16th May 2016, 09:56   #4520
Senior - BHPian

One more 1.6 joins TeamBhp
Very happy to announce that I bought a 1.6 Alpha. It was a tough call since i had considered the Storme, Scorpio,Duster and the Breeza. Had to cancel buying the SUV since it was getting difficult for my parents to get In/Out due to health conditions. Even though i liked the Breeza (had booked it), dad felt the SCross was much spacious which made me buy the same.
Regarding the engine options, ever since the SCross was launched I always wanted to buy the 1.6 though the 1.3 is also good at it's own terms.
Big shout to Bhpian Ajay Satpute for patiently helping me out by answering to all my queries, not to mention the wonderful ownership thread he had penned down.
Many thanks to Sandy Gordon (for his wonderful ownership report),Vigkey, Shivasi and the rest of the team for helping me take the decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-tbhp.jpg  

Last edited by rakesh_r : 16th May 2016 at 10:05.
rakesh_r is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 12:05   #4521
BHPian

Hello Friends,
Something strange happened yesterday with my S cross 1.3 Zeta. It was parked below my friends building where i had gone to visit him. 2 hours later i come down and try to press the ignition (start/stop) Switch and the car was not starting. I came out to check and i see diesel around center of car. I thought may be it was lying there and i tried again this time made watchman stand and he verified that the moment i press the ignition the diesel begins to fall.
I was really scared at this point and i called the Maruti 24X7 assistance. Good part was that the mechanic arrived in 20 mins, and verified that a rat has bitten the fuel supply pipe. i got the car towed to Maruti today morning and they confirmed.
Once the car was on ramp i was able to make 2 observations.
a) The fuel supply pipe is in open and can be easily bitten by rat any time. I was quite shocked to see that as its a very dangerous thing. I have never in my any previous car ownership seen fuel leakage.
b) The fuel pipe was made of hard plastic and not metal.

I am quite concerned with this episode, what if it was a small leak and car would start and cause a mid way problem, this can also lead to other hazards. Can this be a design failure ? I am attaching image for everyone's reference. I will really look forward to advice and if any precautions can be taken by me.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-broken-pipe.jpg  

akshatmangal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 12:20   #4522
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to swap the JKs with either the Continental MC5s or Michelin Primacy 3ST. Which one should i go for since i see both having good reviews. Usage is city running on weekdays and highway(Pune-Mumbai-pune) runs over the weekends.
Old 16th May 2016, 13:36   #4523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I am planning to swap the JKs with either the Continental MC5s or Michelin Primacy 3ST. Which one should i go for since i see both having good reviews. Usage is city running on weekdays and highway(Pune-Mumbai-pune) runs over the weekends.
Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of them so it comes down to personal preference. Compare prices, that's because MC5s are made in India and P3STs are imported (Thailand if i remember correctly) and if MC5s are cheaper then go for them.

I have covered around 18k on P3STs fitted to my SX4. I've done numerous Pune-Mumbai-Pune trips and they have never let me down.

And congrats on your wonderful acquisition. I am itching to get my hands on the 1.6 since months and if everything goes as planned, then I'll be joining the club very soon

Last edited by Aston Singh : 16th May 2016 at 13:38.
Old 16th May 2016, 14:55   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of them so it comes down to personal preference. Compare prices, that's because MC5s are made in India and P3STs are imported (Thailand if i remember correctly) and if MC5s are cheaper then go for them.

I have covered around 18k on P3STs fitted to my SX4. I've done numerous Pune-Mumbai-Pune trips and they have never let me down.
Congratulations and welcome to the club.
I have P3STs in my 1.6 (3 months and 7000 kms old) and they behave wonderfully. I drive on mixed road conditions and no issues so far.
Let me know if you need any specific details on these tyres.
Old 16th May 2016, 15:23   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
It's always better when you get good looking OEM alloys.

OT : Planning to get alloy wheels of Ciaz for my Baleno
Wow your Scross looks Just fabulous Dr. Naren. That was some out of the box thinking on your part.

Looking forward to your alloy change on the Baleno.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th May 2016 at 17:44. Reason: no more than 2 smileys allowed per post. Thanks
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 15:50   #4526
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Team,

I completed all documentation process today. I would be getting the car tomorrow. Dealer has installed new alloys. This has totally transformed the looks of S-Cross.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160516wa0011.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160516wa0010.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 17:10   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team,

I completed all documentation process today. I would be getting the car tomorrow. Dealer has installed new alloys. This has totally transformed the looks of S-Cross.
Your S-Cross looks absolutely fabulous in those alloys. Congrats on the new ride. I did test drive the 1.6 a couple of days ago and what a car it is with that engine !!
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 17:21   #4528
Distinguished - BHPian

I had taken test drive of 1.6 S-Cross 7 times in total from 3 different dealers. I found gearshifts little notchy in all 3 TD cars. I am very happy to find gearshifts slick in my 1.6 S-Cross today. I just had a short spin. Delivery is scheduled at 3 pm tomorrow and I just can't wait!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 18:55   #4529
Distinguished - BHPian

My RM just sent me these pictures. My S-Cross with those alloys are attracting many customers at showroom according to him
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160516wa0019.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160516wa0022.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160516wa0020.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20160516wa0021.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 19:20   #4530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My RM just sent me these pictures. My S-Cross with those alloys are attracting many customers at showroom according to him
Congrats Doc!! Your S-Cross looks awesome!!

Which tyres have you gone for?? I am unable to make it from the pictures.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks