Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 14:50   #4846
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahiltodankar View Post
Very much frustrated now. I have diagnosed my Scross 1.6 two times now for black smoke .they solve the issue temporarily both times but again Black smoke is there.... Contacted them again and this time service manager told me to leave the car with them on monday and promised me they will diagnose the issue this time permanently.dont know what to do now.
It's fair to give them a chance & required time to diagnose the issue. Every time there is a bug, it takes multiple tries to fix it, if that happens for the first time.

This time, please make sure you spend adequate time testing it before taking delivery. Even if it means driving 10-15 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
My S-Cross has crossed 15K KMs in 9 months. I'm still on JK Elanzo stock tyres. It started giving cracks at many locations mainly on treads. May be it will run for another 15-20K Kms. Will be upgrading to 225/55 R16 during the first change.
What tyre do you plan to change to?
Old 5th June 2016, 16:07   #4847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu_91 View Post
Hello fellow owners,
Has anyone purchased good quality floor mats for S-Cross. I'm Searching for maxpider 3D mats, but not able to find it anywhere.
If anyone is aware about any other options, please share.
Hi Chintu I would highly recommend the 3M Nomad mats, they trap dirt and other dust particles well and quite hassle free to clean and maintain. I have got them for my S Cross and am happy with it. It also seems durable but others on the forum who have had them for longer can probably tell us about it.
Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Neither did I get any intimation from Maruti.
My dealer is Pratham and I have received a letter from them even though I had already got the calipers changed along with my 3rd free service about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th June 2016 at 16:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Old 5th June 2016, 23:01   #4848
BHPian

Upgrades on my car so far:
1. Upsized to 225/50 R17 tyres.
2. Alloys changed to 17" Lenzo Venom.
3. Paint Protection, under-body coat (not required for the S-Cross. I did it for the damping), matt black vinyls in the center of the front bumper.
4. Painted the brake callipers Ferrari red.
5. Upgraded the stock front speakers to Blaupunkt Velocity Vc172 components and tweeters too. The twitters now sit over the original twitter case facing the driver instead of facing the front glass.
4. Amplifier and woofer from Blaupunkt.
5. Sound deafening done on front doors (Dynamat).

Now I got this: A box of lug nuts and lock nuts from McGard. The box has 16 lug nuts+4 lock nuts+key for the locks.
Imported from the Amazon US. Cost me 2.5K for the box. But shipping cost me 2K. I had a friend who was coming down in a month or so, but didn't have the patience to wait that long.
I searched a lot but could not get them in India. The ones available were some Chinese, Taiwanese and Indian makes but which were only lug nuts. The cost was about 2.5K.
I need to register the buy with McGard and will get a spare key later.
I had to buy a new spanner as the new nut size is a bit bigger then the OEM ones on the outside.
Phew!

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160604_143214.jpg

The lock nuts and key are outside the plastic cover. The lugs nuts are inside.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160604_143206.jpg

The lock nuts have a special design which is unique. I need to mail them this key number so that they can make a duplicate key if required.
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20160604_144400.jpg
shivasi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 08:23   #4849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

Ertiga - 3000
Gypsy - 200
S-Cross - 2500
Brezza - 7800
Final numbers are like this,

Brezza - 7200
S Cross- 2101
Old 6th June 2016, 09:54   #4850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasi View Post
Upgrades on my car so far:
5. Upgraded the stock front speakers to Blaupunkt Velocity Vc172 components and tweeters too. The twitters now sit over the original twitter case facing the driver instead of facing the front glass.
4. Amplifier and woofer from Blaupunkt.
5. Sound deafening done on front doors (Dynamat).
Congratulations on your car. Can you please let me know the total cost of the above upgrades, may be with cost breakup. Also, do you by chance have the photos of the upgrades. I'm mainly interested in the tweeter installation.

Girish
Old 6th June 2016, 11:40   #4851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will be upgrading to 225/55 R16 during the first change.
These look OK to me. Why 225 / 55 r 16? Are you planning to change the alloys? Also, which tyre are you upgrading to ?

The JK Elnazo's are not confidence inspiring at all, especially in rains.
Old 6th June 2016, 12:24   #4852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will be upgrading to 225/55 R16 during the first change.
If you plan on using similar tyres to the JK's then sure 225 would be good but if you are upgrading to more tarmac based stickier rubber, then trust me 205 is more than adequate any wider would simply result in a loss of performance and mileage. So if you are planning on buying better tyres, 205 section will give you more than enough grip and any more than that would be overkill especially for the 1.3
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:31   #4853
BHPian

I've taken the delivery of 1.3 Zeta Limited edition on Friday. At the time of delivery they have given me only the car invoice copy and insurance for the car. I still do not have the registration number or any other documents related to RTO.

Please let me know in Bangalore, what documents I need to collect from the dealer regarding RTO registration. They said the original RC card will be sent by RTO directly to my house address in 40 days. Till then what documents do I need to carry in the car. Right now I've only the insurance copy and Registered sticker pasted.
Old 6th June 2016, 14:24   #4854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
I've taken the delivery of 1.3 Zeta Limited edition on Friday. At the time of delivery they have given me only the car invoice copy and insurance for the car. I still do not have the registration number or any other documents related to RTO.

Please let me know in Bangalore, what documents I need to collect from the dealer regarding RTO registration. They said the original RC card will be sent by RTO directly to my house address in 40 days. Till then what documents do I need to carry in the car. Right now I've only the insurance copy and Registered sticker pasted.
Congratulations on your new car...

Don't worry, this is common with almost all dealers. You will get only temporary registration if you are in a hurry as the registration process takes at least two days. I got my number plate after almost a week. The original RC card took close to one and half months to reach me. Now forget about the documents and start enjoying your car.

Girish
Old 6th June 2016, 15:12   #4855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My S-Cross has crossed 15K KMs in 9 months. I'm still on JK Elanzo stock tyres. It started giving cracks at many locations mainly on treads. May be it will run for another 15-20K Kms. Will be upgrading to 225/55 R16 during the first change.
I am not surprised. During the test drives on my S-Cross, while I did not necessarily feel any real issues with the OE fitted JK Elanzo tyres, this thread made me swap them out as soon as I took delivery of the car:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...g-quality.html
Old 6th June 2016, 16:10   #4856

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
This is not good. Hope Maruti takes the issue seriously and solves the problem. It does not give a great deal of confidence if the M.A.S.S people do not have knowledge about the 1.6 MJD. Did you try escalating to the regional service head?
While I have a great level of respect for Maruti, I also think that their ability to delve into the depth of the issue is lacking. I have asked them to install the adjustable driver seat for my S Cross delta. They fixed it but it is nowhere like the original. I tested it both mine and a company fitted one and the company fitted one moved far better. Something seems to be missing.
vellat sasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 16:54   #4857
Senior - BHPian

What is the ideal run in period to be completed for using the cruise control.My car will touch 2k in a day or two. Can i start using it now?

Last edited by rakesh_r : 6th June 2016 at 16:56.
Old 6th June 2016, 17:12   #4858
Team-BHP Support

Yes, 2000 kms is more than enough. Have fun
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 17:21   #4859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellat sasi View Post
While I have a great level of respect for Maruti, I also think that their ability to delve into the depth of the issue is lacking. I have asked them to install the adjustable driver seat for my S Cross delta. They fixed it but it is nowhere like the original. I tested it both mine and a company fitted one and the company fitted one moved far better. Something seems to be missing.
How much is the cost of the upgrade?
Old 6th June 2016, 20:08   #4860
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti is speculated to be working on a SUV and is due in 2018/19.

Like the Vitara Brezza this will be developed in India and could be exported to designated markets.
This SUV will be the next to be sold through the regular Maruti outlets wile the more expensive Vitara will retail through its premium outlet Nexa.

https://motoroctane.com/maruti-creta...ion-suv-making
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks