Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2023, 14:07   #9571
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Thanks. Thats what I was looking for. May i know the price that you got these for? I am being quoted around 9k per tyre here with alignment and balancing included in Mumbai.
I got it for 7750 per tyre for 4 tyres including wheel balancing and alignment. This was at Darshan Tyres, Kothrud, Pune.
GreyNomad is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 08:53   #9572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
I got it for 7750 per tyre for 4 tyres including wheel balancing and alignment. This was at Darshan Tyres, Kothrud, Pune.
Got Contis this weekend at PAL tyres at Santacruz, Mumbai. The tyres seem to be priced higher in Mumbai I guess. Got a rate of Rs 8200 (all inclusive). Anyway I went ahead with it and glad I did as it has a made a night and day difference to the grip and especially the ride quality. The issues with ride quality that I was attributing to the suspension were actually due to the stock JK tyres!
djkher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:12   #9573
BHPian

According to the door sticker: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross-tyre-pressure.jpg

I usually keep the pressure at 33 psi on all tires in the city. But I will soon be making a road trip with full load to pondy from Bangalore.

Has anyone tried the 36/41 pressures?
Did it affect ride comfort and grip?
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:17   #9574
BHPian

Yes, I have. With a full load, 36 is enough to give good comfort. 41 could be bouncy, especially going over rumble strips.

1. 33 PSI: Normal running with 1-3 people and no luggage.
2. 34 PSI: Normal running with 1-3 people with a small amount of luggage.
3. 35 PSI: Normal running with 4 people and full luggage.
4. 36 PSI: Normal running with 5 people and full luggage.

In my experience, this has given the maximum comfort and handling. Of course, the tyre, size, and freshness also matter.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 14:05   #9575
BHPian

Hi everyone. A new issue has come up on my 2016 SCross 1.6. Last year in October 2022, I got a complete clutch overhaul done - Clutch Plate, Flywheel etc which cost ₹55,000 at MASS. Now within a year, the slave cylinder failed which has caused brake oil leakage throughout the clutch components leading to irrepairable damage. The clutch pedal sinked 2 weeks back and I immediately sent the car to the service center again. I've been asked to replace everything(Clutch, Flywheel) and bear the cost for it. The car has only been driven ~6000kms since the clutch work was done and my car has always been service at the same service center from Day 1. The best they are offering is 25% discount on parts and 10% labour but that's still too much of a cost to bear within a year. What are my options now? I'm attaching the pictures of current condition of the flywheel clutch plate etc
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-photo20231009174658-1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-photo20231009174701-1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-photo20231009174705-1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-photo20231009174725-1.jpg  

Old 19th October 2023, 19:23   #9576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Now within a year, the slave cylinder failed which has caused brake oil leakage throughout the clutch components leading to irrepairable damage. The clutch pedal sinked 2 weeks back and I immediately sent the car to the service center again.
I am sorry to hear about your situation. But how is brake oil leaking into the clutch components? Are you sure about that?

Also, did you change the slave cylinder when you overhauled the clutch last time?
Old 19th October 2023, 19:30   #9577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I am sorry to hear about your situation. But how is brake oil leaking into the clutch components? Are you sure about that?

Also, did you change the slave cylinder when you overhauled the clutch last time?
Yeah that's what I was informed. And yes the slave cylinder was changed last year too. It malfunctioned within a year. Attaching the invoice with the parts replaced
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1051-1-2.jpg  

nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 20:32   #9578
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah that's what I was informed. And yes the slave cylinder was changed last year too. It malfunctioned within a year. Attaching the invoice with the parts replaced
Alright, these are the correct parts to be replaced. Then it is likely the installation was not correct. It's a real shame the slave cylinder has failed, but still wondering how brake fluid went inside the clutch system. Did you ask them that?
Old 19th October 2023, 20:42   #9579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Alright, these are the correct parts to be replaced. Then it is likely the installation was not correct. It's a real shame the slave cylinder has failed, but still wondering how brake fluid went inside the clutch system. Did you ask them that?
I did some research so clutch/brake fluid is the same. Due to slave cylinder failure, it has leaked all over the clutch. It's a common consequence of slave cylinder failing. I did email Maruti and the higher ups in the dealership. The only response I got was "It's a wear and tear part and doesn't come with any warranty. There's no installation or manufacturing defect."
They're refusing to take any responsibility
nimit3105 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 21:01   #9580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only response I got was "It's a wear and tear part and doesn't come with any warranty. There's no installation or manufacturing defect."
This is their standard response to everything in the name of wear and tear. Interior plastic trims are cheap quality and they offer no warranty for those either. I had posted in the forum once that the parts are cheap but suspension, clutch, brakes do not last as long as they should.

Anyway, this is the flip side of owing a Maruti vehicle which is otherwise a safe bet from maintenance cost point of view and overall reliability w.r.t. breakdowns etc.
Old 3rd November 2023, 16:17   #9581
BHPian

What are your opinions on Extended warranty?
I am getting it for about 26K.
Bought a 2021 used s-cross zeta AT and warranty expires this week. Using the car since august and no issues so far
Old 10th November 2023, 19:01   #9582
BHPian

My timing belt replacement story.

The car was reaching 140K milestone and hence decided to replace the timing belt during the next service. Since getting 1.6 specific parts is not very easy as the other engines, I informed the service centre(Mandovi Motors, JP Nagar) to procure the parts and inform so that I need to bring the car only then. Even after multiple follow-ups, they took 28 days to procure all the parts. All the work(140K service+timing belt) was done in 1.5days. Total cost 35K.
Got the car on Thursday, did some city runs for the next 3 days. No problems noticed.

Sunday, I started to my hometown in Kerala from Bangalore with family. Once we crossed Karnataka, the engine malfunction indicator came on and the car was in limp mode. I stopped, checked the engine bay for any obvious signs, didn’t find any and started the car. The limp mode was gone, but the warning light persisted. I understood something was wrong, but thought will somehow reach Kerala and then get it checked. After crossing around 30 kms from Salem, suddenly the EPS signal came on and the car lost power steering. Somehow managed to park it in front of a restaurant. Probably the trigger was when the torque reached more than 2500rpm.

Got the car towed to the nearest service centre 8km away, Thriveni, Sankagiri. They tried their best to diagnose the issue, but being a Sunday, they were less staffed and it was clear that it will not be rectified soon. With some difficulty, taking bus, cab etc reached hometown. The next day the service centre called and said the timing belt and the tensioner has gone bad and had to be replaced. Time to get the part delivered and repaired was given as 1 week. With the previous 1 month waiting experience I was worried, it will take a long time to source the parts. But luckily I got the gar back exactly 1 week later. The tensioner was broken and it had damaged the timing belt as well. Picture of the time belt attached. Both parts were new and it looked to be a manufacturing defect.

While returning from Kerala to Bangalore, I tried few scenarios to test the vehicle, like going in higher rpm, speed etc and the car performed good. And when we were crossing Sankagiri, we called the Service centre and thanked them for their good job. Spoken to soon, few seconds later, the engine malfunction indicator came on and car went to limp mode again. Restarted the car, limp mode gone, but light still on. Again, decided on drive on and reached home with sedate driving.

Took to Mandovi Motors after few days. They checked the error code, it was related to oil pressure switch. They said it’s in the history and not in current, so should be false alarm. They also checked the said part after putting it on a ramp and couldn’t find much apart from some debris near the connector which they cleaned.

Have used the car for around 100kms since then within city limits and all good so far. Both Thriveni and Mandovi were helpful throughout and also knowing someone senior in Maruthi helped. Nevertheless it will take few long drives to regain the confidence with the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-timingbelt.jpg  

kit_dennis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 20:28   #9583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit_dennis View Post
My timing belt replacement story.
The 1.3DDiS had a timing chain. I am surprised that the 1.6 is equipped with a timing belt. Are you certain it is the timing belt and not the accessory belt that runs the water pump, alternator etc?

Thanks,
Shibu
Old 12th December 2023, 21:15   #9584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
The 1.3DDiS had a timing chain. I am surprised that the 1.6 is equipped with a timing belt. Are you certain it is the timing belt and not the accessory belt that runs the water pump, alternator etc?
1.6 S-cross with D16AA engine comes with timing belt. Attached snapshot of the S-cross manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross_manual_timingbelt.png  

kit_dennis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 21:24   #9585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post

Thanks,
Shibu
Water pumps etc are belts where as the engine timing is a timing belt as well for the DDiS 1.6.
sudeepg is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks