Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 20:39   #9556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Any chance for the Toyota version of the S-cross? Just wishful thinking.
Old 7th July 2023, 21:02   #9557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Any chance for the Toyota version of the S-cross? Just wishful thinking.
That would have been good ! Doesnt Maruti have a current version of the S-Cross that's available outside India ? Wish that was launched here.
Old 11th July 2023, 09:43   #9558
BHPian

HELP & ADVICE NEEDED!!

Hi All
I am the owner of an S Cross (1.3 Hybrid) for the past 2.5 years. Now since I am have moved back to Bangalore post the end of WFH, I had to leave the car with my brother who currently resides in the north(Parents are NRIs).
Last was the fateful week of heavy rains lashing across North India. As I write, our beloved S Cross stands under 4 feet of water in the basement of our house in Mohali, Punjab.
Its been 2 days and my brother is currently able to take it out since he is Delhi and will be going to Punjab this weekend. I have strictly asked him not to try and start the car and tow it straight to the nearby Nexa workshop for damage estimates. However, I feel that we would have to scrap the car given its been under dirty, muddy water for more than 2 days. Any advice on how to handle this? The most unfortunate thing is that the car has run out of insurance just a few days back. The car is in my brother's name and I was unable to renew it on time since he suggested he would get it done from the showroom itself once he is back to Punjab. So no IDV recovery
Old 9th August 2023, 07:17   #9559
BHPian

After 43k kms, the stock JK tyres on my SCross 1.3 finally gave way. Got it fitted with Continental UC6 from Darshan Tyres, Karve Road in Pune. Have driven around ~300kms post the change and the difference is stark. Road noise is negligible and grip is fantastic. The ride quality has gone up by quite a few notches. Makes me fall in love with the car all over again.
With 3 of my close friends buying new cars, the new car bug was gnawing at my heartstrings. This shoe change coupled with the skyrocketing prices of vehicles these days and the impeccable condition of my car helped me quash said bug! Post monsoons plan to take it for a detailing session and maybe change the seat covers for some freshness.
Apart from an auto gearbox, there’s nothing I really miss in this car. When the time comes, this will be a hard car to upgrade from, keeping in mind the vfm factor.
GreyNomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 10:17   #9560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
After 43k kms, the stock JK tyres on my SCross 1.3 finally gave way. Got it fitted with Continental UC6 from Darshan Tyres, Karve Road in Pune. Have driven around ~300kms post the change and the difference is stark. Road noise is negligible and grip is fantastic. The ride quality has gone up by quite a few notches. Makes me fall in love with the car all over again.
With 3 of my close friends buying new cars, the new car bug was gnawing at my heartstrings. This shoe change coupled with the skyrocketing prices of vehicles these days and the impeccable condition of my car helped me quash said bug! Post monsoons plan to take it for a detailing session and maybe change the seat covers for some freshness.
Apart from an auto gearbox, there’s nothing I really miss in this car. When the time comes, this will be a hard car to upgrade from, keeping in mind the vfm factor.
Glad to know the UC6s are serving you well. I recently bought a used S-cross Zeta AT 2021 model. Went to check on the tyres after purchase and the guy (Tyre Centre St Johns Road Bangalore) recommended the UC6 as well. Even over the vredesteins and yokohamas.

Your post is a reflection of this. Though I have only 10K on these tires so no upgrade now.

Did you notice a significant change in mileage?

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 9th August 2023 at 10:23.
Old 9th August 2023, 23:00   #9561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
Glad to know the UC6s are serving you well. I recently bought a used S-cross Zeta AT 2021 model. Went to check on the tyres after purchase and the guy (Tyre Centre St Johns Road Bangalore) recommended the UC6 as well. Even over the vredesteins and yokohamas.

Your post is a reflection of this. Though I have only 10K on these tires so no upgrade now.

Did you notice a significant change in mileage?
On my earlier cars - WagonR CNG and then Vento 1.6 I’d changed to Yoko Earth 1. Had recommended the same to a friend who recently changed the shoes on her Honda Amaze. So my starting point was the Earth 1 in my search. However, this forum and the tyre shops I spoke to recommended the UC6.
Had another 200kms drive today and must say the UC6 is quite good.

Now coming to your FE query, no, I haven’t noticed any change. But this is based on MID readings and also the tyres are still breaking in. Have a ~2500km trip coming up in September. Will update post that.
GreyNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 11:29   #9562
BHPian

This car is gorgeous. After a wax:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pxl_20230812_1222597463.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pxl_20230812_1222484243.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-pxl_20230812_1223150053.jpg
Shrek8421 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 12:27   #9563
BHPian

Saying Goodbye to My Trusty S Cross After 6 Years

After 6 long years and 6 months of wonderful journeys spanning 1,17,000 kilometres, the time has come to bid farewell to my beloved S Cross. It's not easy to let go of a car that has been a loyal companion for so long. It feels like I'm leaving a piece of my heart behind with the car. We've shared countless memories, from road trips to daily commutes, and it's hard to part ways.

I decided to sell my S Cross to Spinny for a fair price of 6,15,000 rupees. The selling process itself, excluding the initial evaluation, was surprisingly quick and hassle-free. It took only about 30 minutes from start to finish. After signing all the necessary documents, the agreed-upon amount was instantly credited to my bank account. It couldn't have been smoother. I hope the name transfer will be as smooth and straightforward as the selling experience

I'm filled with mixed emotions, but I'm also excited for the next chapter in my automotive journey. I hope that whoever the next owner would be, they will enjoy the same trouble-free experience with the car that I've had over the years.

We have booked Seltos GTX Plus Diesel AT in Pewter Olive colour. I'm planning to bring this new addition during the upcoming festive season. In the meantime, I'll be using my dad's Rapid 1.0 as my ride.

So, as one chapter closes, another one begins. While I'll always cherish the memories I've made with my S Cross, I'm excited about the adventures that await with my new Seltos.

Here's to the road ahead!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230907-12.14.54.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230907-12.14.55-1.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230907-12.14.55-2.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230907-12.14.55.jpeg  

bharathdonti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 12:07   #9564
BHPian

"I have noticed that the turn indicator sound in my 2015 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Zeta model is not functioning. This issue has been ongoing for the on year. Irony is sometimes sound comes and for past 2-3 weeks , is has completely stopped. When I activate the turn signals using the indicator stalk, there is no audible clicking or ticking sound, which I would normally hear when the turn signals are active. However, the turn signals themselves, the blinking lights on the exterior of the vehicle, seem to be working correctly. I haven't made any recent modifications or repairs to the vehicle. I'm seeking assistance to diagnose and resolve this issue
Old 18th September 2023, 19:04   #9565
BHPian

Today the Mrs. drove her new Honda City manual from Bombay to Pune with me not even driving for a km. She mentioned somewhere between Lonavala and Pune that my S-cross drives so much better and would be better equipped to handle this drive in terms of pickup and feedback. She loves driving - certainly more than I do. So I was surprised to hear this considering my S-cross is now 6 years old and is the discontinued 1.3 Diesel engine. I have been considering upgrading but truly nothing wrong with the car except a broken central driver armrest courtesy of an overzealous car cleaner in my building. So while I will be happy for the first month after upgrading. So should I?
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 19:19   #9566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
So while I will be happy for the first month after upgrading. So should I?
Suggest to keep it. Its a good car. I am not seeing a need to upgrade anywhere in your post.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 22:02   #9567
BHPian

I have a 2019 SCross 1.3 that’s been driven for 45k kms. 3 of my close friends changed their cars - A pre-owned Octy, a Slavia and a ScorpioN. The new car bug has been hovering in my head but every time I take my car out for a long drive I fall in love with it all over again! The ScorpioN’s body type and hence handling doesn’t go at all with my driving style, the Slavia 1.0 TSI feels similar powered as mine with maybe better throttle response. Only the Octy DSG tugs at my heart but then when the FE comes into play, the head shuts the heart up.
The SCross is a very difficult car to upgrade from. True, it’s just about adequately powered and hence one has to be mindful of the rev band to extract max output from the car but then handling, FE, maintenance, VFM - when all these come into play, it’s one heck of a package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Today the Mrs. drove her new Honda City manual from Bombay to Pune with me not even driving for a km. She mentioned somewhere between Lonavala and Pune that my S-cross drives so much better and would be better equipped to handle this drive in terms of pickup and feedback. She loves driving - certainly more than I do. So I was surprised to hear this considering my S-cross is now 6 years old and is the discontinued 1.3 Diesel engine. I have been considering upgrading but truly nothing wrong with the car except a broken central driver armrest courtesy of an overzealous car cleaner in my building. So while I will be happy for the first month after upgrading. So should I?
GreyNomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 19:44   #9568
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I too am looking for tyre upgrade for my 2016 scross's stock JKs (run 50K kms)
I have mostly got recommendations of Continental UC6 due to improved grip on these and i am seriously considering these. How do you find the ride quality? Is there a difference in how the jerks are felt from potholes/bad roads on UC6 vis-a-vis stock JKs ?

Last edited by djkher : 23rd September 2023 at 19:46. Reason: corrected typos, add few more details
Old 24th September 2023, 00:19   #9569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Hi, I too am looking for tyre upgrade for my 2016 scross's stock JKs (run 50K kms)
I have mostly got recommendations of Continental UC6 due to improved grip on these and i am seriously considering these. How do you find the ride quality? Is there a difference in how the jerks are felt from potholes/bad roads on UC6 vis-a-vis stock JKs ?
Hi, the ride quality is miles above the stick JKs even when those were new. The Contis have great dry grip and exceptional wet grip. I recently completed a 1k+ kms drive on the western ghats in pouring rain and tyres were very confidence inspiring. The road noise is minimal though the flip side of it is that the engine sound is more evident (personally though I like that).

As for the jerks and potholes, I maintained the stock size so the entire difference between the JKs and Contis come down to the rubber and construction quality of the tyres. And it’s definitely a plusher ride with the Contis.
GreyNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 07:21   #9570
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, the ride quality is miles above the stick JKs even when those were new. The Contis have great dry grip and exceptional wet grip.

As for the jerks and potholes, I maintained the stock size so the entire difference between the JKs and Contis come down to the rubber and construction quality of the tyres. And it’s definitely a plusher ride with the Contis.
Thanks. Thats what I was looking for. May i know the price that you got these for? I am being quoted around 9k per tyre here with alignment and balancing included in Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks