Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 23:47   #9496

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This query is regarding the facelift S-Cross DDiS. The car is doing well. About 10 days back, the check engine light came up one day while negotiating some waterlogged roads of Gurgaon. There was no change in pick up or any kind of smoke except that the gear indicator and the cruise control stopped working. The car was taken to Nexa service last week and the fault code was something related to vacuum loss which they said could be due to sensor malfunction and it was cleared.

Yesterday, I drove the car for over 150kms. All was well, car was behaving perfectly fine. There was a place where I had to cross a small water stream of around 1 meter width which I drove through at about 10kmph. The moment I crossed it, the CEL came up again and gear indicator went off and cruise control stopped working.

What could be the reason for this? Will be taking it to service center again on Thursday.
Hi,

This is a clear indicator that the steering sensor has failed and maybe there is a water leak in the engine casket. They will check the EPC to see if the sensor needs to be replaced. All in all worth replacing it. It will cost you less than ₹ 2K for this.

Cheers!
Old 4th November 2022, 14:22   #9497
ike
BHPian

My 2017 Zeta S cross is now at ~80k KMS. Along with the regular service, I got all the bearings(he one on the front right was shot), hubs, struts & the link rods changed proactively. This was done at Porur Nexa in Chennai. Set me back by 50k including PMS & suspension change.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 12:09   #9498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
I got the suspension overhaul done at Agera motors, Coimbatore
A minor update. Even after the suspension overhaul, i was not happy with the way car drove although there was an improvement. I was disappointed how the front end felt. Car crashed through potholes and it did not feel right. And then there was a thud noise if i jumped over speed breakers.

I had a hunch that this could be because of lower arms ( they were not replaced yet) and fellow members suggested to replace stabilizer bar bushes. Last week i got this done at Aadhi Maruti Coimbatore.

Ride is much better now and front end glides through potholes. New lower arms made a surprising difference and handling has improved too.

The bill. See the labour for changing bushes.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20221104_2139402.jpg  

CrossLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 20:07   #9499
BHPian

I have a few questions about the S-Cross.

1) Is there any word about when the new version of S-Cross might be launched post the outgoing 2022 version? Or, is this a done deal in India with the Grand Vitara launch?

2) Is the engine in the Grand Vitara mild-hybrid identical to the engine that was offered on the outgoing 2022 S-Cross?
Same power at the same RPM, same mileage etc?
Same transmission too in the MT?
Are the engine/tansmission on S-Cross 2022 and Grand Vitara mild-hybrid identical or similar?
Old 25th November 2022, 12:02   #9500
BHPian

Happy to report that my S cross Zeta has completed 1L kms. Got it serviced recently. Had asked the service centre folks to arrange rear shock absorbers as the ride had become crashy off late. Turned out that they had become useless anyways. Will change the front one's during next service.

The steering was also a bit off center. Redoing the alignment fixed it.

Overall, the vehicle is still going strong. Even the interiors do not seem to have aged that much. Will use it for a few more years atleast before switching to a bigger car.

No point in switching from S cross to another crossover/sub-compact SUV below ₹20L.
Silent Buddha is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 17:50   #9501
BHPian

Hello All,
My car has done around 27K KMs in about 5 years and 10 months.

Of-late I have been seeing juddering issue recently, this has been there for about 6 months or so but I never really thought it's an issue, it's not a major issue now also but I thought I'll take team-bhp's expert advice on that to do.

My car judders in first and second gear.
This is what happens.
* Start the car for the first time in the day, it works fine. Release the clutch the car moves forward without any problem.
* After driving about 10 to 15 kms in traffic. Releasing the clutch in the first gear the car judders.
* When the car is in motion, and while I am in second gear the car judders.
Pressing on the accelerator pedal in both the gears overcomes the juddering.
While I am OK to press the A pedal what I don’t understand is why this surfaces after driving for some time.

Also this problem goes away when I do this the following day. We use the car on weekdays for about 30 or 40 KM's that has been our regular driving pattern.

I checked Maruti Service, they mentioned the clutch is fine and there is no issue with it. I recently even took Wheels Wisdom's help, even they told clutch is fine and there seems to be no problem. (Wheels Wisdom wasn’t of much help, they charged a lot. I will be sharing my experience I felt I wasted a lot of money on them).
Old 8th December 2022, 08:24   #9502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yesterday, I drove the car for over 150kms. All was well, car was behaving perfectly fine. There was a place where I had to cross a small water stream of around 1 meter width which I drove through at about 10kmph. The moment I crossed it, the CEL came up again and gear indicator went off and cruise control stopped working.

What could be the reason for this? Will be taking it to service center again on Thursday.
Quote:
2 of the reverse sensors are not working and it was not in stock so an order was placed for the same.

The car had thrown an error - Pre-Heat system warning which on speaking to the Service people and our encyclopedia Leoshashi, zeroed it as glow plug issue. The car was scheduled to take a tour of around 700kms which it did without any problems after getting a go ahead from service center.

Post travel, it was taken for a regular service where the glow plug was changed and 3 reverse sensors were replaced. After washing, the car again threw up CEL. So they started hunting for the source and found that the glow plug control module was damaged. It had melted and due to water ingress, it threw up CEL. This can be corroborated to my earlier post where I had faced issue of CEL when I crossed a stream of water on highway. It was also replaced and everything was in order.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20221208_082053.jpg
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 02:15   #9503

Dear All

I am planning on buying a used 2015-2016 1.6 S Cross Alpha, the price is approx 5L for NCR. What should I lookout for?

Thanks

Adi

Links to the ads:

https://www.truebil.com/buy-used-car...n-delhi-ncr/s/

https://www.truebil.com/buy-used-car...n-delhi-ncr/s/
Old 14th December 2022, 01:46   #9504

Multiple functions on 2016 1.6 Alpha completed 60k , need expert advice.

This January, while driving in Pune-Kolhapur highway, the car lost power for a few seconds. I stopped by the side, noted error light on instrument panel, restarted the car and everything worked alright, except that the cruise control went dead. Got it checked at Maruti Service Centre in Ratnagiri. They didn’t find any malfunction on the computer diagnostics, said there was seemingly a minor oil leak which is common in Scross. Driving back, everything worked perfect including the Cruise Control. Got it checked again on service on return to Pune.

Few months later, the cruise control loss showed up again but would functional normally the next time I would start the car. But it became a little more frequent.

Next I noted oil leak mark - huge one in my parking - hadn’t paid attention to it. Last month went for AC checkup at Bosch garage in Pashan - Sanjeevani (related to the Maruti service centre in Pashan). Ended up getting the service done again. Incidentally, the error light on instrument panel was on again so asked him to check. Mechanic again said there was an oil leak which he had repaired.

Driving a few days later, it all came back again - oil leak visible in parking, occasional loss of cruise control with error light on instrument panel, and more - I noticed that in 2nd gear the car didn’t pick power after a certain level irrespective of how much gas I pumped. Moving to 3rd gear it was alright. Rest of driving was ok, but permanent loss of cruise control now.

Status now: oil leak patch grows, no cruise control, error light on, not sure about power loss on 2nd gear (need to check again).

Am yet to show this to a service station. Thought I’ll check with the experts first and if there’s a recommended Maruti/ Nexa service centre in Pune for such issues. Don’t want a temporary fix

Please advise. Other than this, I do feel a general wearing down of shock absorbers and am considering checkup and overhaul.
Old 14th December 2022, 07:41   #9505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalabh_sahai View Post
2016 1.6 Alpha completed 60k ,

, except that the cruise control went dead. Go

a minor oil leak
Is yours a stock s cross or a remapped one?

Cruise control going dead can be due to faulty clock spring, do the other functions on the steering wheel work?

Oil leak is known in 1.6, it is usually the faulty oil pressure sender unit. Check and get that replaced.

The 2nd gear power loss is a weird one for me though.
Old 14th December 2022, 09:13   #9506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it was taken for a regular service where the glow plug was changed and 3 reverse sensors were replaced. After washing, the car again threw up CEL. So they started hunting for the source and found that the glow plug control module was damaged. It had melted and due to water ingress, it threw up CEL.
I had the exact problem. I had multiple glow plugs replaced over a 35K distance period. It was not until the CEL and glow plug control module diagnosis did the glow plug failures stop.

The problem was eventually fixed at 63K and I didn't get the Pre-heat warning for the remaining 22000 kms of ownership.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2022, 10:10   #9507
BHPian

Quote:
Status now: oil leak patch grows, no cruise control, error light on, not sure about power loss on 2nd gear (need to check again).
This mostly points to a faulty Oil pressure Switch 2, which is common in S-Cross 1.6. Are you getting a check engine light telltale on the Instrument Cluster? Power loss and Oil leak is the main symptom of the faulty switch.
Old 14th December 2022, 12:48   #9508

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
This mostly points to a faulty Oil pressure Switch 2, which is common in S-Cross 1.6. Are you getting a check engine light telltale on the Instrument Cluster? Power loss and Oil leak is the main symptom of the faulty switch.
Yes, the ‘check engine’ light on instrument cluster is now permanently on - used to be off and on till recently. I will quiz/ask service centre to check on Oil Pressure Switch 2 - I don’t really understand the workings, just love the drive that Scross has given till date
Old 14th December 2022, 12:51   #9509

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Is yours a stock s cross or a remapped one?

Cruise control going dead can be due to faulty clock spring, do the other functions on the steering wheel work?

Oil leak is known in 1.6, it is usually the faulty oil pressure sender unit. Check and get that replaced.

The 2nd gear power loss is a weird one for me though.
It’s a stock 1.6 Alpha with no changes.

And I will check on the 2nd gear power loss again to see if it was a one-off momentary or is sustained.

Anyone on a preferred service centre in Pune for Scross ?
Old 18th December 2022, 09:34   #9510
BHPian

Quote:
the car lost power for a few seconds.
Happened to me on my 2018, 1.2 Ltr around 2 years ago. Was coming from Jaipur to Ludhiana cruising at approximately 100kmph. Suddenly the car lost power, not moving even with the full pedal pressed. But no warning lights came. I restarted the car but still the same, the car wouldn't move. The second time it worked and has been working fine since then. No loss of cruise control function.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th December 2022 at 10:39. Reason: paddle > pedal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks