Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2015, 15:09   #1441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
Creta definitely has the charm which infact is making me consider the 1.4L S+ which is a variant comparable to 1.3L Zeta though it costs a whopping 2 Lakhs more !!...Heard the cost of maintenance is also relatively much higher compared to the S Cross...
I vote for S Cross. The 1.3 is pretty chuckable in City traffic and decent for highway cruising. Official review says that S Cross is super stable at high speeds. Creta can't match the S Cross in this deptt. Exterior looks is where Creta scores but then driving dynamics, tested and proven engine with cheaper maintenance and presumably better hassle free owenership is what really matters for owners instead. Hope I helped.
Install the tbhp phone app and get addicted, welcome to the family.
Old 28th August 2015, 18:13   #1442
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Congratulations on the new S-Cross acquisition it looks very nice!

The Cruise Control typically works like this - you press the Cruise button and it goes into a "set" mode, now you set the desired speed (newer cars have the "+" and "-" to set a value), now you press the Cruise button again to "lock" the set speed. Subsequently, to disengage Cruise control just tap the brake once.
The cruise control on the S cross works a bit differently.

1. Press the Cruise to start the system

2. Get above 40 and then press the "-" sign at your desired speed level.

3. To increase or decrease speed use the "+" and "-" sign.

4. Once your done cruising use the brakes or the cruise button to deactivate cruise control.

5. Alternatively, you can also use the cancel button. This would help if you want to temporarily disengage cruise control and when you press the "+" sign the the system would cruise at the preset speed.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 18:32   #1443
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Got the delivery of my caffeine brown S cross.
Took it straight to the tyre shop
Swapped it for 16 inch GTR - 'Merc GTA look-a-like' alloys and Hankook 225-55-r16 (overkill, but I loved the look)
Detailed review after weekend drive, Onam celebrations and a good photoshoot.
Its not a hatchback, Its not a sedan, Its not an SUV, Its not a crossover
Its my brown little hippo.

Pic 4: Hippo in my apartment parking lot
Wishing a happy Onam to all my fellow bhpians..
Sandy
In the pic, is it my imagination or don't the tyres fully fill the wheel arches even post your upgrade?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 18:55   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Sandy
In the pic, is it my imagination or don't the tyres fully fill the wheel arches even post your upgrade?
I think the tyres are actually smaller due the the decreased sidewall height? The default ones are 16-r60 while the new ones are 16-r55. They're wider at 225 section though.
Old 28th August 2015, 19:14   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Sandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
I think the tyres are actually smaller due the the decreased sidewall height? The default ones are 16-r60 while the new ones are 16-r55. They're wider at 225 section though.
There is negligible change in the overall diameter (+1.5mm), as well as the side wall height (+0.75mm)

S-cross has big wheel wells and a 17 inch upgrade would suit the best IMO.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 19:42   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sandy
In order to fill the wheel arches one will have to undertake some serious modification and testing with the car. Overall diameter of the tyre otherwise, is usually kept to within +/- 3% of the original
Old 28th August 2015, 20:16   #1447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Each major service station will have an engineer trained for s cross. Nexus rm s will coordinate the service. In cochin there will be an exclusive service station adjoining the showroom.
I wonder what premium nexa will charge for spares & labour. This is catch 22 for nexa. Can't charge same rates as MASS as customers will question the 'premiumness' of the car/brand. Can't charge a real premium as the parts and service infrastructure is the same one used by their less blessed cousins.

Given the steep increase in service costs by MASS in the last couple of years,will be interesting to see how the maintainance costs of a nexa car play out.

Last edited by procrj : 28th August 2015 at 20:19.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 00:00   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Sandy
I did not want the tyres to fill the wheel arches. Filling those would require 17 or 18 inchers which I did not want. I just wanted the side wall of the tyre to sit flush with the side arches than receded in. See the pic below. Upsizing to 225 55 R16 will not change the tyre wall height (see the comparison chart)

A thread dedicated to my hippo is in the works.
Pic : Now the rear looks like a mini X1
One more pic of the alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20150828_143537.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-23.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-alloys.jpg  

Last edited by sandygordon : 29th August 2015 at 00:15. Reason: wrong comparo
sandygordon is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 00:12   #1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I vote for S Cross. The 1.3 is pretty chuckable in City traffic and decent for highway cruising. Official review says that S Cross is super stable at high speeds. Creta can't match the S Cross in this deptt. Exterior looks is where Creta scores but then driving dynamics, tested and proven engine with cheaper maintenance and presumably better hassle free owenership is what really matters for owners instead. Hope I helped.
Install the tbhp phone app and get addicted, welcome to the family.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I already own a 9 year old verna which I drove for 1,86,000 kms & 6 year old swift which reads 1,36,000 kms & my ownership experience clearly says owning Maruti is more hassle free keeping in mind the money I had to spend each time my verna hit the service station.

I go for long trips lasting 3k-4k kms & highway performance is something I am really concerned about & I was never confident about my old Verna which felt very unstable at high speeds forcing me to go easy on the accelerator.

It was the external looks & low NVH levels which were actually making me think of opting for a hyundai car again though I was clearly inclined towards S cross from within. Your suggestion has concretized my ideas. Will share it with my father as well
Old 29th August 2015, 00:50   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
I did not want the tyres to fill the wheel arches. Filling those would require 17 or 18 inchers which I did not want. I just wanted the side wall of the tyre to sit flush with the side arches than receded in. See the pic below. Upsizing to 225 55 R16 will not change the tyre wall height (see the comparison chart)

First of all, congratulations for your new 'Hippo'!
I must say, those alloys with this particular shade looks damn good! The front fascia with those alloys almost looks like a GLA! The 225/55 tyres will up the wheel arches rather well. Nice choice!
Old 29th August 2015, 01:59   #1451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Heartiest congratulations for the car!!! Wishing you a troublefree and pleasant ownership experience. I agree, the car looks way more planted now. Loved the mods done on the car.

Eagerly awaiting a detailed ownership review.

Regards
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 07:40   #1452
BANNED

The 2016 SCross spotted overseas has a much more agressive front end, imo.

Source: http://m.autoevolution.com/2016-suzu...ime-99353.html
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 08:42   #1453
BHPian

Hey sandy!

Heartiest congratulations for the brown hippo. Those alloys have really transformed the look. Car looks mean! Great stuff indeed.

Eagerly waiting for the ownership review.

Happy miles!
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 09:53   #1454
BHPian

Hey Sandygordon!

Firstly my namaskaaram and my onashamsakal!

Congrats on the new ride and those alloys look really awesome. I am now tempted to go TD the S Cross now! Eagerly waiting for the ownership review now. I have been following your "dilemna" through all the posts and your flowcharts and I am now happy that you got your ride!
Old 29th August 2015, 10:49   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
1) When you lock the car, do you see a red blinking light in the center console below the hazard light switch?
2) Have you figured out how to switch on the fog lights (New to Maruti cars after a decade of Hyundai's)
3) On the accessories front, I have not yet got the illuminated sill guards and the carpets. Did your dealer in Kerala give you these accessories?
Thanks
I bought the 'zebra carpets' for 1k (bit on the expensive side)
Door sill illuminated plates were quoted for 3.6k, opted against it, too blue for my tastes. (I would have taken white ones).
Red blinking light shows the active state of security system.
Fog lamps switch is near the head lamp leveler on the right lower side.
Spoilers were available for Rs 6k, browns had not reached their stock, will be going for them after first service. Only these three accessories were available(spoiler, sill guards and mats).
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks