Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 00:07   #1666
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mods planned at delivery/same day of delivery.
1. Leather wrap - steering wheel
2. Rear Spoiler
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
It is reassuring for prospective buyers like me to see that the power delivery in S-Cross is good enough to keep you happy even after taking on the ghats and bad roads. Thanks for keeping us posted
Only enthusiasts will find the power wanting. I use the car 75% on the city and 25% on highways and there is no problem. Trust me you will not be able to tell the difference in power delivery of a 90 bhp and 100 bhp engine. I extensively test drove ecosport (95 bhp) and vento (105 bhp) and the power difference is very negligible.

S-Cross looks awesome in silver and the alloy is the only thing that makes it visually less pleasing. Any plans on changing it?? Silver makes the car look big and shows its actual size IMO. With the contrasting roof-rails and cladding it looks super!!!

Not right away, got the tires changed. Plan to change the alloys in 6 months time. The stock alloys don't look all that bad anymore, I guess you get used to it.

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2015 at 00:47. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Old 14th September 2015, 01:16   #1667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is reassuring for prospective buyers like me to see that the power delivery in S-Cross is good enough to keep you happy even after taking on the ghats and bad roads. Thanks for keeping us posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Only enthusiasts will find the power wanting. I use the car 75% on the city and 25% on highways and there is no problem. Trust me you will not be able to tell the difference in power delivery of a 90 bhp and 100 bhp engine. I extensively test drove ecosport (95 bhp) and vento (105 bhp) and the power difference is very negligible.
Speaking as an enthusiast, power is most definitely not lacking. Surging past big sedans on expansive highways however, might be a bit difficult as the laws of physics begin creeping their way into the driving experience however, for the most part, knowing which motor it is, one is simply stunned by the magic Suzuki has worked into it with their tune and gear ratios.

A simple remap will keep even the enthusiast happy. Speaking as an enthusiast who loves the art of cornering more than the push back into the seat one gets from a big motor, the 1.3 S-Cross will also enjoy better turn-in and less understeer as it is far less nose-heavy

Quote:
S-Cross looks awesome in silver and the alloy is the only thing that makes it visually less pleasing. Any plans on changing it??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Not right away, got the tires changed. Plan to change the alloys in 6 months time. The stock alloys don't look all that bad anymore, I guess you get used to it.
Could I request members to go for alloys with beefier spoke designs rather than the current rage which is dainty looking thin spokes. I have a feeling that they will enhance the car's character much more and would love to see how the car looks then
Old 14th September 2015, 06:53   #1668
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Here are some pics from the stockyard during inspection.(Granite Gray)
Both Granite Grey and Silver look the best - these shades bring out the beauty and relatively muted, understated elegance of this vehicle more than the other more flashy colours do.
It is perfectly alright to have some ODO reading - after all the vehicle has to be moved here and there now and then, till it is sold. Good luck with this lovely new vehicle!
Old 14th September 2015, 08:13   #1669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kottan View Post
I hope you are not getting the steering wrap fitting done from the Nexa itself. I had seen a car waiting for delivery with the leather wrap fitted by Nexa (Bimal). The stitching was so pathetic that I told an RM to keep buyers informed of its poor quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan nags View Post
Congratulations Volkman! The grey is indeed a stunner on the S-Cross.

Can you please clarify if you are upsizing the tyres? I'm told the Yokohamas don't come in 205/60R16 anymore and hence asking!? Would've picked the Earth series anyday.

Request you to share the PDI checklist used. Not sure if I have the updated one.
@kottan - I understand Nexa (Bimal) has 2 types of steering wheel covers- the one costing ~1300 was quoted as equivalent to those seen in the Alpha variant.Thanks and will keenly watch on its fitment.

@pannags - Yes 205/60R16 is not available and the closest would be the 215/55R16 (dB series) - Quoted price is 8k ( for a set of 4)

Not decided yet I might go in for Michelin 205/60R16 Primacy 3 ST, a bit more expensive than Yoko's.

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th September 2015 at 08:15.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 08:31   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
After having booked on 27th July and a bit of deliberation after the prices being revealed on August 5th, decided to retain the booking and gone for the DDiS200 Zeta - the VFM Crossover Variant of S cross.
Congratulations on your new purchase. Definitely Zeta variant is the most VFM in S cross lineup.

Based on the initial ownership feedback it feels like DDiS200 is not under powered, it mean you are going to enjoy your future drives.

All the best for a pleasant delivery experience and have fun
Old 14th September 2015, 10:09   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
After having booked on 27th July and gone for the DDiS200 Zeta - the VFM Crossover Variant of S cross.
Expecting the car Next week.
Here are some pics from the stockyard during inspection.(Granite Gray)

Reading of Odometer
Attachment 1414222
Congrats volkman on your purchase. Its a great practical car to own.

Noticed the trip meter A reading to 35.8 vs the Odo 35, or am i missing something here.

The door open notification in two places could have been take care off by Suzuki.

Keep us posted on the ownership experience. Happy mile munching.
Old 14th September 2015, 11:14   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
After having booked on 27th July and a bit of deliberation after the prices being revealed on August 5th, decided to retain the booking and gone for the DDiS200 Zeta - the VFM Crossover Variant of S cross.
@volkman10 : Many congratulations !!! Welcome to the family.
The Odo reading is expected as usually the stockyard is at a distance due to the high rentals in the main city where the showrooms are situated. Mine read 43 km when I took delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kottan View Post
I hope you are not getting the steering wrap fitting done from the Nexa itself. I had seen a car waiting for delivery with the leather wrap fitted by Nexa (Bimal). The stitching was so pathetic that I told an RM to keep buyers informed of its poor quality so that they don't have to waste their money on this 'premium' accessory.
@kottan: I agree the accessory Steering wrap is not in the same league as in the Alpha, but still what they are giving is a decent one. I got one from the Nexa dealership itself and the technician has given it a snug finish. Or else the aftermarket also offers some great choices.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2015 at 15:56. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 14th September 2015, 11:32   #1673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post

Can you please clarify if you are upsizing the tyres? I'm told the Yokohamas don't come in 205/60R16 anymore and hence asking!? Would've picked the Earth series anyday.
Quote:
@pannags - Yes 205/60R16 is not available and the closest would be the 215/55R16 (dB series) - Quoted price is 8k /Tyre

Tyre from Yokohama will most likely be A348 215/60/R16. Will cost 8000/tyre.

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th September 2015 at 11:44.
Old 14th September 2015, 14:54   #1674
BHPian

Do we really need to upsize the Tyre for SCross? During the TD, I felt the stock is perfect for its character adn dynamics. Only issue was the lack of bite of the JKs at higher speeds in corners. I feel Upsizing is an overkill for the Cross. If people are planning to fill the wells, then maybe upsizing to 17" wheels would be better (The ones available in Europe)

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 14th September 2015 at 15:17. Reason: Tire - Tyre correction
Old 14th September 2015, 16:26   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguprasad View Post
Congrats volkman on your purchase. Its a great practical car to own.

Noticed the trip meter A reading to 35.8 vs the Odo 35, or am i missing something here.
The odo does not show the meters covered but the trip meter does. So, both will move to 36 once the reading crosses 35.9 on the trip meter

The door open notification in two places could have been take care off by Suzuki.

There is a reason for that. The data in the rectangular panel is displayed only when the ignition switch is pressed twice or when the vehicle is on. Say after you turnoff the car, when you come out to lock the car, only the notification in the RPM console will be visible. Hope this helps

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th September 2015 at 16:56. Reason: quote fixed
Old 14th September 2015, 17:27   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
Do we really need to upsize the Tyre for SCross? During the TD, I felt the stock is perfect for its character adn dynamics. Only issue was the lack of bite of the JKs at higher speeds in corners. I feel Upsizing is an overkill for the Cross. If people are planning to fill the wells, then maybe upsizing to 17" wheels would be better (The ones available in Europe)
No
Upsizing is not required for safety or grip. I upsized the width only to enhance the looks but at the cost of drop in mileage and bit of performance.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 17:37   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion just change the stock to Michelin primacy 3ST. This should suffice and take care of the real ride and handling capabilities this car possesses.

Note: Michelin Primacy is the only premium rubber on offer in India for this specification. (205/60 R16)

Last edited by TorqueManR : 14th September 2015 at 17:41.
TorqueManR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 19:42   #1678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do we really need to upsize the Tyre for SCross?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post
In my opinion just change the stock to Michelin primacy 3ST. This should suffice and take care of the real ride and handling capabilities this car possesses.
Note: Michelin Primacy is the only premium rubber on offer in India for this specification. (205/60 R16)

I am not looking for an upgrade of tyres but the stock size is limited in availability from a brand like Yokohama (215/60R16)and considerably cheaper than Michelin.

Michelin P 3ST(205/60R16) is available in the stock size and I will most probably go for it.

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th September 2015 at 20:07.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 20:01   #1679
BANNED

Quote:
Do we really need to upsize the Tyre for SCross?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueManR View Post
Quote:
Michelin P 3ST(205/6016) is available in the stock size and I will most probably go for it.
Not sure if it helps but I have put a small comparison in prices of all the options available for the 205/60 R16 tyre section. I checked the prices @ Change My Tyre site.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-untitled.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.changemytyre.com/Tyres/Ca...ID=1&CityID=45

NOTE: Please change the State and City for prices pertaining in your respective city.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 20:55   #1680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mods planned at delivery/same day of delivery.
1. Leather wrap - steering wheel
2. Rear Spoiler
3. Seat cover
4. Alloy wheel change -MSW
5. Yokohama tyre change from JK
Deferred getting the accessories from Nexa,

1. Leather wheel wrap - will go for Karlsson , later
2. Rear spoiler - cancelled as it involves drilling
3. Seat cover - accessory not available yet- will go aftermarket
4.Alloy wheels - MSW on delivery day
5.Michelin Primacy 3ST-205/60R16 on delivery day

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th September 2015 at 20:57.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks