Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2016, 18:24   #6406
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
My question was a little different. So I had asked whether the Zeta and Alpha come with the same alloys. There are cars like the Altis and the Jetta which get different alloys based on the variant.
I checked the S Cross page and it seems that both the Zeta and Alpha come with 205/60 R16 variants. So same alloys probably would be my guess.
Older type of alloys shared same design between Zeta and Alpha. Hopefully they would follow same trend with new design too.
Old 28th December 2016, 18:25   #6407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Usually, I find it best to order the genuine replacement parts from a known source and get it fixed by a local garage unless it is a warranty issue.
I agree with you on that but I expected a better handling of the case considering the S-Cross is a NEXA product. I am on the lookout for a good body repair shop but the problem remains with cashless insurance claims. Also, it is easier to escalate the issues to NEXA or Maruti and get things done in contrast with arguing over quality of work with other workshop owners.
Old 28th December 2016, 21:39   #6408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
10K Kms in 2 months.

Looks like you are enjoying the car to its fullest. Any under-scraping issues when the car is laden with weight?
Yes, I have been spending more time on the highways lately. No under-scraping issues to report.

Got back from Dharamshala yesterday and took the car for 3rd free service today. The car also completed 2 months today since we got her home

Work Done during 10,000 kms 3rd free service:
  • Engine oil changed to Mobil 1 0W-40 fully synthetic oil.
  • Oil filter changed.
  • Air filter changed.
  • Wheel Alignment and Balancing.
  • Tyres rotated.
  • All bolts tightened.
Total bill came to 6,146/-

Drove around in the city after the service and I am extremely happy with service carried out by MASS(TR Shawney, Mayapuri). Heading out to Himachal again tomorrow for another 1000-1200 kms trip which will be covered in 4 days

Some pictures from our trip to Dharamshala and SC:

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5034.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_4965.jpg

At the end of the trip:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5038.jpg

Big boot = Happy family!
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5005.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5045.jpg

Tyres removed for balancing and rotation:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5046.jpg

Engine Oil being drained:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5047.jpg

Wheel Alignment:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5058.jpg

Found this parked at the SC:
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_5053.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 28th December 2016 at 21:41.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 09:20   #6409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Thanks to Dr.Parvez for sharing this info :

For S-Cross Zeta/Alpha..

Long press the settings button and this display with lot of information pops up. I was more interesed in checking GPS speed.

Attachment 1589164
Attachment 1589165

Note : This works in all Maruti cars with Bosch touch screen Navigation system
Which button exactly are we referring to?
Old 29th December 2016, 09:24   #6410
BHPian

I intend to go for the Inspection of my booked S-Cross Zeta 1.3 today. Will take delivery and register the car in 2017.

I have been sent the Accessories list and associated price. I did ask the salesgirl dealing with accessories if they would install a dashcam for me, if I provided them one or if they could source one for me. She was insistent that the dashcam is the same as a reverse parking camera! On asking about the heads up display which was present in the brochure but not in the price-list, she this time insisted that a heads-up display is a GPS navigator and I don't need it.

I have already negotiated for a tyre swap - I am swapping the JK Elanzos for Yokohama Earth 1s for INR 9000 all in. Might look at Goodyears too.

I have so far decided on getting the Auto-dimming IRVM and mud-flaps (assuming they don't come with the car). I am attaching the Excel sheet - perhaps some owner can recommend the rest of the accessories which might be useful. Appreciate your help. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xls SCROSS.xls (23.5 KB, 621 views)
Old 29th December 2016, 09:39   #6411
BHPian

Moved my s-cross delivery date to post Jan 15th. I was initially planning to take it on Jan 1st.
As per wife's suggestion, we should take the car delivery after the Dhanurmas period.So decided to take the advice and wait.
Now begins the agonizing wait :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I intend to go for the Inspection of my booked S-Cross Zeta 1.3 today. Will take delivery and register the car in 2017.

I have been sent the Accessories list and associated price. I did ask the salesgirl dealing with accessories if they would install a dashcam for me, if I provided them one or if they could source one for me. She was insistent that the dashcam is the same as a reverse parking camera! On asking about the heads up display which was present in the brochure but not in the price-list, she this time insisted that a heads-up display is a GPS navigator and I don't need it.

I have already negotiated for a tyre swap - I am swapping the JK Elanzos for Yokohama Earth 1s for INR 9000 all in. Might look at Goodyears too.

I have so far decided on getting the Auto-dimming IRVM and mud-flaps (assuming they don't come with the car). I am attaching the Excel sheet - perhaps some owner can recommend the rest of the accessories which might be useful. Appreciate your help. Thanks.
1.3 Zeta does not come with IRVM, so I asked for installing the IRVM , but my RM asked me if I am OK with the wiring as it is going to be done over the windshield area and will be visible. I did not like this idea and asked them not to do anything until I confirm.
I saw this post on tbhp.I am not sure if this will work, but you can check this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...are-orvms.html

Also I asked for installing the bi-xenon headlights, he again said , it is better to get it done outside , as NEXA folks aren't trained to do that.
Any suggestions, where I can get this done in Bangalore.
I have decided to hold off on the Tyre swap, because I read on the same thread that it is really not that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Yes, I have been spending more time on the highways lately. No under-scraping issues to report.

Got back from Dharamshala yesterday and took the car for 3rd free service today. The car also completed 2 months today since we got her home
That's a lot of KMs for 2 months.
May I know -- Kitna deti hai

Also did you have any changes made to the car for e.g., change in tyres, upgraded headlights etc.
This will be very helpful for me, as I also use my car mainly on highways for touring purposes.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2016 at 21:41. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 29th December 2016, 10:25   #6412
Senior - BHPian

For the last couple of months, I have a strange pain in my left leg. I had also felt it during the initial driving period of S-Cross. Somehow the clutch setting does not suit me (long travel), is what I feel.

I have tried everything so far.
  • Asked the service people to make clutch smoother
  • Seat height adjusted to various positions (lowest, highest, middle)
  • Adjusted seat position (front, back, middle)
  • Adjusted mats
  • Changed 5 pair of shoes and 2 pairs of sneakers, floaters and what not
I am now a bit concerned and thinking of ditching the S-Cross and get myself an automatic sedan. I may be thinking & worrying too much, but yes, I am a bit concerned now.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 10:28   #6413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
For the last couple of months, I have a strange pain in my left leg. I had also felt it during the initial driving period of S-Cross. Somehow the clutch setting does not suit me (long travel), is what I feel.

• Adjusted mats
I am now a bit concerned and thinking of ditching the S-Cross and get myself an automatic sedan. I may be thinking & worrying too much, but yes, I am a bit concerned now.

The alternative is to exercise your calf muscles. I had this problem with my Alto earlier and now Polo. We may just have to learn to live with such things...

Regards
Bharath
Old 29th December 2016, 10:28   #6414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Which button exactly are we referring to?
It's the setting button on touch screen, present on right bottom side. You have to long press it for more than 5 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Also I asked for installing the bi-xenon headlights, he again said , it is better to get it done outside , as NEXA folks aren't trained to do that.
Any suggestions, where I can get this done in Bangalore.
I have decided to hold off on the Tyre swap, because I read on the same thread that it is really not that bad.
Are you planning to install Alpha headlights? It would cost around 45K. Nexa wouldn't install it. But it is definitely possible. You can get those headlights from any MGP store. Also you would need HID relay harness.

Another option is to retrofit good quality projectors. Remember, these aftermarket projectors have better output than projectors of Alpha variant. I would suggest Xenon Planet in Bangalore for the same. I have installed projectors for Baleno and fog projector in S-Cross from Xenon Planet. Xenon Planet doesn't have a shop in Bangalore yet. They usually do the retrofit at Blackworks/Evo Bangalore.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th December 2016 at 11:22.
Old 29th December 2016, 12:36   #6415

Went in for 2nd Free Service / Inspection today.
Was offered MCP / AMC. I am attaching the details.
Wanted to know if members have opted for it and what do you feel about it.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dsc_0389.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-dsc_0388.jpg  

Old 29th December 2016, 12:59   #6416
BHPian

Quote:
That is very unfortunate Ajay.

I too had a similar issue - but with the right leg. Something I never faced with our Dzire. Whenever I go for a long drive, the pain (or should I call it discomfort) used to set in once I cover ~100 kms at a stretch. A stop-over, some stretching and stuff would help for some time but the pain will resume.

All that was needed was some height adjustment - Initially I used to keep the seat much lower and that probably strained by leg. I raised the height a bit and since then, even after 600 kms of drive, I have not got the pain. I know you have tried all seating positions and so, my solution might not help you. But just wanted to share my experience.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:25   #6417

Quote:

• Adjusted mats
I am completely with you on this. In last two months I have developed a knee pain in my left leg, which happens driving of SCross 1.6 in heavy traffic.
Clutch is way to heavy, recently got the assembly changed. But the clutch gets heavier if you pump it a few time regularly and it pushes back with force. This strains my left knee a lot.
Even i have been having this thought of replacing car.... better than getting a knee replaced :(
Old 29th December 2016, 13:34   #6418
BHPian

Please let me know the Head Light Bulb Category of S-Cross Zeta. I visited an accessory shop to get Philips Extreme Vision Plus 60/55 H4 and person at the store asked me to check the category type, as per him it's not H4. Please help me to get the specification.
Old 29th December 2016, 14:01   #6419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
Please let me know the Head Light Bulb Category of S-Cross Zeta. I visited an accessory shop to get Philips Extreme Vision Plus 60/55 H4 and person at the store asked me to check the category type, as per him it's not H4. Please help me to get the specification.
Headlamps
12V
60/55 W
H4 Type

Fog Lamps
12V
55W
H11 Type
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 15:36   #6420
BHPian

Went a completed the initial inspection. See attached pics.
Asked for 4 accessories -

1. Auto-Dimming IRVM
2. Mud-Flaps
3. Steering cover
4. Floor mats

They were very reluctant to sell the IRVM. I think it involves too much work. The clueless Accessories Salesgirl actually told me - "Sir, we have been advised by Nexa not to install the Auto-Dimming IRVM". My sales advisor knows of my penchant for calling up Nexa in Gurgaon and verifying facts so he stepped in and said "No, no - if you want we will install it." They were quite desperately trying to sell me their "lamination package", some hideous looking blue and black floor mats, their "superb TomTom car charger" and their horrible looking seat covers. I have illuminated door sills on my Elite i20 but those were offered free with the car and even here - because they involved some work, the Nexa guys were not trying to do a hard-sell. They just wanted to sell stuff which required minimal effort on their part. I really felt bad for the umpteen number of gullible folk who must be parting with their hard earned money based on misleading and inaccurate information provided by these people.

The PDI I did included -

1.switching on the car
2.checking the A/C's cooling and controls
3. the operation of the ORVM and associated controls
4. the operation of the ICE via USB ; also checked Bluetooth telephony by pairing my phone and making 2 calls
5. Navigation - did not work for lack of the SD card
6. spare wheel and accessories in the boot
7. Operation of the 60/40 split seats
8. Stalk operations on the odometer - but they were a bit confusing.
9. Checking the VIN number and ensuring manufacturing is in Dec 2016

The car was waiting in the solitary delivery bay and some of the other SAs really wanted me to hurry up but I honestly couldn't care less and took my own sweet time. I did check with my SA if someone's delivery was pending and if so, they could park the car outside - I didn't want to hold anyone up. He said "no", so I did complete the inspection.

I told him I am traveling now, so will pick up the car in mid-Jan - he can complete all the formalities by then.

Here are some of the pics -

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161229_150701.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161229wa0012.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161229wa0019.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161229_122524.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161229_122345.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20161229_122314.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20161229wa0016.jpeg
invidious is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks