Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2015, 13:08   #241
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

No I didn't brake, the clutch got disengaged and no response from engine despite pressing the A pedal. The car started losing speed and AMT did not downshift. I manually downshifted it and got it to the side of the road.

Also the engine never died, downshifted and brought it to neutral.

All those who have booked or thinking of booking AMT should wait till this is sorted out . Today a major disaster was averted just because I was lucky.

Last edited by silverknight : 14th November 2015 at 13:30.
silverknight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 13:09   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
First time took my AMT over 100kmph and transmission went kaput
Very sorry to hear that. Do let us know what M&M says & does.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 15:47   #243
BHPian

Surprising and worried.... Would like to know the reason behind this. Looks like I am postponing my buying.
cmayur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 20:50   #244
BHPian

Quote:
First time took my AMT over 100kmph and transmission went kaput. I was at 110kmph and felt sudden loss of power. The clutch was disengaged and the AMT stopped responding to deceleration. I switched to manual and parked it at the side.
Sad to hear. One of my friend is planning to buy AMT but little hesitant. Looking forward to hear about the reason behind the issue you encountered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hearty congratulations sandev mate and same pinch. Yours is the second Molten Orange TUV T8 on TBHP after mine
AutoIndian, Mine is Dynamo Red, I guess it was bad quality of my phone camera, that it looked like Orange while I posted pics earlier.

I still did not got chance to take it to long drive. But overall I'm finding it easy to drive within city traffic and was comfortable to park in crowded place just like my Punto. (I'm just 300 km new to this beast ).

Well, the very first alteration I did on my tank are:

1. Factory fitted horn replaced with Minda Trumpet Horn
2. Got all pillars done in black Vinyl (Matte Wrap)
3. Galio Door/Wind Visor

It cost me Rs 2000 for all.

Things to do:

1. Nomad Floor Mats
2. 3M Engine Shield
3. 3M Under-body Anti-rust Treatment
4. 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film around foot area on all 5 doors
5. And lastly, Need to change existing speakers with Hertz - HSK 165 6.5'' Component Kit 2 Way (may be with my existing amp). Please advice if any better component around 15k budget.

Here's my Shining Star
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20151112163159.jpg  

sandev is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 21:54   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No I didn't brake, the clutch got disengaged and no response from engine despite pressing the A pedal. The car started losing speed and AMT did not downshift. I manually downshifted it and got it to the side of the road.
Sorry to hear that. This is worrisome to hear. Especially considering the fact that mahindra sources its AMT from ZF and not from magneti marelli like Maruti and Tata. So if I am not wrong, this is the first time that this AMT is being used in a vehicle here in India.

Please update on the response from mahindra and hope it gets resolved soon.
Old 14th November 2015, 21:56   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
AutoIndian, Mine is Dynamo Red, I guess it was bad quality of my phone camera, that it looked like Orange while I posted pics earlier.
Hey Sandeep, sorry about that. I mistook your Dynamo Red as Molten Orange (my mistake). Both colors look pretty much the same.

Quote:
Well, the very first alteration I did on my tank are:

1. Factory fitted horn replaced with Minda Trumpet Horn
2. Got all pillars done in black Vinyl (Matte Wrap)
3. Galio Door/Wind Visor

It cost me Rs 2000 for all.
Rs 2K for all the three items above is quite reasonable. Could you please let us know the exact price of Minda Trumpet Horn and black Vinyl (Matte Wrap)? I am interested in doing that. Did the black color exactly match with the OEM black. In my case when I went to the 3M shop there was a noticeable difference between the two black shades.
Old 14th November 2015, 22:27   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sandeep, sorry about that. I mistook your Dynamo Red as Molten Orange (my mistake). Both colors look pretty much the same.
Hey Buddy, you don't need not to say Sorry. It was definitely looking orange to many of my friends as well...when I what's app them .

Quote:
Could you please let us know the exact price of Minda Trumpet Horn and black Vinyl (Matte Wrap)?
I actually didn't asked for the break up with my friend Goldy (Owner of the shop - Krishna Motors at Palm Beach Road in Vashi). That is my one stop accessories shop since 2009. But I guess it should be around for Rs 600.
Old 14th November 2015, 22:51   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmayur View Post
Surprising and worried.... Would like to know the reason behind this. Looks like I am postponing my buying.
Just as worried as Mayur. The first owner AMT review we get and it is making my heart sink. Please would other T8 AMT owners tell us their experiences. There is still time to cancel my order.
Old 14th November 2015, 23:12   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First time took my AMT over 100kmph and transmission went kaput. I was at 110kmph and felt sudden loss of power. The clutch was disengaged and the AMT stopped responding to deceleration. I switched to manual and parked it at the side.
Thank you for sharing this. If you have not already done so, please write a stinker to the email ids given below. This is just not acceptable in a brand new car touted to be as tough as a tank. M&M should be made aware how "thorough" their QA processes are:

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-mmcc.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 23:33   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by injun269 View Post
Just as worried as Mayur. The first owner AMT review we get and it is making my heart sink. Please would other T8 AMT owners tell us their experiences. There is still time to cancel my order.
There aren't many amt owners here. Also mahindra aren't giving out amt's as well. Not sure why. All those discussions around 3 cylinder limitations and top speed concerns, add the delays added by mahindra and now this disaster with an amt... All these are not positive signs. Will be cancelling my booking on Monday.
Old 15th November 2015, 00:52   #251
BHPian

The Mahindra dealer here, KS Motors, has designed front and rear guard for TUV300. It looks rather good, looks like a boxer wearing its boxing gloves all angry waiting for a fight.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-image.jpeg  

wrongturn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 01:14   #252
BHPian

Quote:
The symptoms I see right now are that auto mode stops working in few 100 mtrs and engine check lamp comes on. Seems to be working fine in manual mode.Right now waiting roadside for the vehicle to be towed. :-/
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, SilverKnight. It is really unacceptable from a new vehicle and is very disappointing. Please do share with us the reason for that event. I am eager to know about it, even though my tank is not an AMT variant. Did Mahindra's road side assistance service respond on time? Or did they at least provide temporary solution ? I read that you had to drive the vehicle back home due to the delay in response. I haven't had any problems with the vehicle until now and I am really happy with it, but if some one would ask me to comment on Mahindra's service, I would definitely be confused to answer !!
Old 15th November 2015, 07:59   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
The Mahindra dealer here, KS Motors, has designed front and rear guard for TUV300. It looks rather good, looks like a boxer wearing its boxing gloves all angry waiting for a fight.
I personally more interested in Black alloy wheels . Can it be done Matte Black? Won't the paint chip-off over the time?

Not sure how the guard looking from different angles. As if now, the left and right part of guard appears to be bulging out. But looks interesting . Thanks for sharing the pic wrongturn. Did you got chance to click the rear guard as well?
sandev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 08:13   #254

Quote:

The symptoms I see right now are that auto mode stops working in few 100 mtrs and engine check lamp comes on. Seems to be working fine in manual mode.

Right now waiting roadside for the vehicle to be towed. :-/
Thats very disappointing to hear silverknight. I've been following this thread right from the beginning since i was contemplating on picking up the Tank to replace my 8year old honda city. I was especially keen on the AMT version, and now this! Any more updates from the M&M service reps?
Old 15th November 2015, 11:39   #255
BHPian

Very disappointing to hear about the AMT failure @silverknight

Hope your ordeal ends soon.

I want to know, does TUV share the same AMT gearbox from the Scorpio ? I was considering buying an automatic Scorpio in Jan, but disappointed after hearing this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks