Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2023, 00:18   #1546

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

@bhphog

I am thinking of buying a used 1.5 tdci. I have some questions.
1. Should I go for freestyle or Figo?
2. What are the changes I should make in it?
3. What would be the charges involved?
A little background- I own a 5th gen Honda City. I love the high revving nature of the naturally aspirated iVtec and have pre-booked the new Verna. But am thinking of cancelling that and instead buy some 7 seater for family and get the Ford for me.
Old 12th March 2023, 21:41   #1547
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I'm in dire need of a 7 inch frame stereo fascia plate/frame for the Figo Aspire (pre-facelift). No shop has stock of this product, I've asked almost everywhere, from shops in my state to some shops in Delhi and Mumbai. I've got a Sony XAV 5500 stereo but no frame to fit it with. What shops do have is the 9 inch type for android stereos, that jut out of the center console and I hate that look, and I don't have plans to install android stereos as well.

If anyone could help me out here, I'd be really grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CripplingLeo View Post
@bhphog

A little background- I own a 5th gen Honda City. I love the high revving nature of the naturally aspirated iVtec and have pre-booked the new Verna. But am thinking of cancelling that and instead buy some 7 seater for family and get the Ford for me.
1. Freestyle anyday. Provided it is the Titanium Plus variant with the SYNC3 system. Yes, you can buy a non-titanium variant of the Freestyle or the Figo and then add a good stereo later, but you can refer to what I wrote just above this reply and understand from that, that is sometimes a hassle. Just get a Figo Aspire or Freestyle with the SYNC3 system (for the Aspire, SYNC3 was added after the 2019 facelift).
2. If you're going for the Figo/Aspire pre-facelift, the stock tyres (not for Sports version), would be 175 section, change that asap to 195 or atleast 185 section. The stock tyres do not match power available in this car. Preferably go for one with warranty on it, which you can still later decide to extend or not. Mine didn't have warranty on it, I took a risk and so far no major issues (touchwood), I also did a stage 1 driveability map and I am lining up more mods for it in the coming months.
3. Aspire (facelift) and Freestyle for T+ you can expect around 6-6.5 lacs for a good low mileage one. Figo might come a bit cheaper. The best time to buy was when Ford announced the exit and people were panic selling their Ford cars thinking they would suffer for servicing it, you could have gotten a low mileage T+ for less than 6 lacs back then. Now most owners have realised that the Figo trio cars are pretty reliable and Ford service has not yet abandoned them on the side of the road like Chevrolet, so you won't get as good a deal.

I went the same road as you did, I bought a decent condition used Ford Aspire diesel for myself, and yes it has some issues (none of them being engine related, 1.5 is very reliable touch wood), but everytime I put my foot down to make an overtake, it puts a B-I-G smile on my face. It's a shame that people did not give these cars the sales it deserved, it is exponentially more fun to drive than something like a dzire.

Last edited by SaiSW : 12th March 2023 at 21:54.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 00:37   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
@bhphog

Hey,

Really sorry I completely missed your post.

Considering the car is mainly for you and I'm assuming will be seating usually 2, occassionally 3:

1. Get the Figo. Its more planted compared to the Freestyle.
2. Depends. 1.5 Tdci as an engine just needs a Wolf Stage 1 and a BMC air filter. Exhaust is as per your discretion.
If you get the Figo S, suspension setup is perfect and nothing I would change.
If you get the non S variant, just upgrade to Figo S shocks and springs.
As for the cost, tune + filter should be about 30k.
Figo S suspension setup would be 10-12k.
Irrespective of the variant, get grippy tyres - Yokohama S drives maybe.

I, too have the latest gen city, the 5th gen and had the 2011 City as well and Figo is a better driver's car for sure. Stock or Tuned, Figo triumphs over City.
So, you are in for a better experience should you go for the Figo.

My personal opinion of Verna and Hyundai is very poor.
Yes they are a better comfort oriented package but far far away from a driver's car.
This opinion is based of driving multiple Hyundai's including the N-Line i20 DCT which really boils my blood that a package like that cost 14 big ones.

Please connect with me personally on DM or here anytime.
bhphog is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 15:35   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
@bhphog

I was in the same pickle a few months back. Finally found a well loved Figo S '18. Figo S suspension+tyres(sticky ones)+wheels setup is something i wouldn't want to change. They are super planted and look butch too. Freestyle has more vertical and horizontal movement on the highways...

Like SaiSw mentioned, procuring a 7 inch frame for the dashboard was difficult. But i have it in my car now and SaiSw has managed to find one. So I am sure we can help find one
As for the changes - if you buy a Figo then definitely consider upgrading the tyres. Also wolf performance / Code 6 stage 1 tune is. fine way to get more out of the car.
Redline Shooter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 17:03   #1550
BHPian

To all Figo / Freestyle / Aspire / EcoSport owners with NaviMaps Navigation, just in case you ever wanted to update the maps and don't know how, send the following information to navimaps@mapmyindia.com

Model Year:
Model Name:
Registration No.:
Registration Date:
VIN No. (Chassis Number):
Mfg Year:
Engine Number:
Ford Dealership Name:
Navimaps Version:
SD Card Device ID:
Maps version:

Most of it is self explanatory

These values can be found in under the settings of your HU.
Navimaps Version:
Maps version:
SD Card Device ID:

The last one is actually called Service ID on the HU but MapMyIndia identify it as SD Card Device ID

There is more information on how to do this in this video in a language that I do not understand :

The update is free for the first 2 years (so all but a select few might be able to get the update for free) For the rest of us, there is a Rs.500 charge to get the updated maps. And even though this was free initially, the SVC did not bother to do the update at least in my case. The car did go to SVC for 3 routine services in the first 2 years.

Anyways, I had sent out the email this morning and paid the fees a few minutes back but haven't received the map updates yet. Will update the thread when I do.

So just in case you might be looking for a failsafe offline map in case of emergency, this could just be helpful.

Update: I just received the maps file. It seems that it is 2.9GB in size. Anyways, I will do the update and report.

Last edited by antz.bin : 13th April 2023 at 17:21. Reason: Update received in minutes.
antz.bin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 16:52   #1551

Hi All,

This is my first post here, after years of being a silent spectator.

I own a Ford Figo Blu variant 2019 (Diesel)

Of lately, my Flyaudio system has started to flicker often. This used to happen in the past but rarely. Since the last one month or so, the frequency has increased to daily.

So, here are my queries:
  1. How can I fix this? The SVC (Navi Mumbai) did a reset, but didn't help.
  2. I am leaning towards upgrading the infotainment to a Sony XAV0AX8000 or something similar from Sony products. Is this a good move or no?
  3. Any other recommendations

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th June 2023, 09:36   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Anyways, I had sent out the email this morning and paid the fees a few minutes back but haven't received the map updates yet. Will update the thread when I do.

So just in case you might be looking for a failsafe offline map in case of emergency, this could just be helpful.

Update: I just received the maps file. It seems that it is 2.9GB in size. Anyways, I will do the update and report.
Update on the 2023 Maps update after my 5500km road trip to Ladakh:

The update is rubbish. Save your 500 rupees.

It does not have the following roads:
Samruddhi Mahamarg (opened in December 2022)
Trans Haryana Expressway (NH152D, opened in August 2022)
Many many roads that I used to go from Chandigarh to Amritsar and from Pathankot to Chandigarh in Punjab.
Some of the many bypasses built on the Nashik-Pune NH60.

In fact, I doubt there were any roads added to what was already there in the 2019 version of the maps. It was not totally unusable since it did have a lot of old roads, it helped me find petrol pumps and speed limits on the routes I was taking, but not on the newest of roads.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 00:35   #1553
BHPian

Hello all,

We own a Figo 1.5D purchased in 2016. The car has completed approx 63000km so far.
Just today while driving back home in the night, I heard a loud khat sound inside and post that the gear lever has lost all spring tension.
It doesn't return back to the center and stays where it is.
The gears still slot in and I could drive the car back home.
I guess there is some spring broken in the shif lever assembly. Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty?
Also how safe would it be to drive the vehicle like this since the gears can still be shifted?

I really need the car on monday but not sure if this can be fixed tomorrow at Ford ASC.
Old 6th August 2023, 10:55   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Hello all,

We own a Figo 1.5D purchased in 2016. The car has completed approx 63000km so far.
Just today while driving back home in the night, I heard a loud khat sound inside and post that the gear lever has lost all spring tension.
I guess there is some spring broken in the shif lever assembly. Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty?
Also how safe would it be to drive the vehicle like this since the gears can still be shifted?

I really need the car on monday but not sure if this can be fixed tomorrow at Ford ASC.
Hey buddy,

Did you happen to cross water logged roads?
Any which way, it is the shifter cable which has gone kaput, should be an easy replacement.
Do get the linkage mechanism lubricated.
Old 6th August 2023, 11:14   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Any which way, it is the shifter cable which has gone kaput,
Don't think it is cable. It should actually be the gear cable bush. It is a common issue with old Figo/Fiesta. The part costs about about 500. Replacement time about 10 mins.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 12:38   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Hey buddy,

Did you happen to cross water logged roads?
Any which way, it is the shifter cable which has gone kaput, should be an easy replacement.
Do get the linkage mechanism lubricated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Don't think it is cable. It should actually be the gear cable bush. It is a common issue with old Figo/Fiesta. The part costs about about 500. Replacement time about 10 mins.
Thank you all for your guidance on this! Much appreciated and grateful for your support.

Sharing the update on this.
As it turns out, it was the spring in the gear lever assembly that broke. The cables and bushes were fine which is why I was able to shift gears and I could drive home and then to the ASC.
Here is the damamged spring highlighted on the gear lever assembly.

Ford Figo : Official Review-pxl_20230806_103655611.mp.jpg

And amazingly, the design of this part ensures that the spring cannot be replaced individually. You have to replace the entire gear lever assembly
Total damage to pocket, approx 4200INR including labor for a spring which probably costs 20INR.
For a company who trumpets around their child parts programme, this seems like an obvious miss from Ford.
The car is back on the road and performs as good as ever.
Also grateful to JSP Ford, Kudlu Gate for accomodating this on a Sunday afternoon and turning around the vehicle in a couple of hours. Kudos to them.

Last edited by arijitkanrar : 8th August 2023 at 12:39. Reason: added info
arijitkanrar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 18:28   #1557
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need your help on a repair price quotation from the company authorized service center.

I have an overheating issue on my 2013 Ford Figo. I get the overheating indicator in heavy traffic and when the AC is on. The fan turns on for a few seconds and then turns off. This happens often.

The service center states that there might be a leakage in the coolant system and they need to replace the hoses (outlet and radiator top hose, heater hose, coolant core etc…) and thermostat for a price of 11000.

They also mention that the fuse box wiring harness has to be replaced because the wiring has been burnt from the bottom. This costs 20000.

These prices seem too much for me. The service advisor sent me a picture of some part that is burnt. I have attached it here.

Could someone guide me as to what to do here?

They also state that the disk
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-48c51cedcc0e4e05b3f1cea710ee3432.jpeg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-283e0c7e559347c39096b1c4063fcfa7.jpeg  

Old 18th August 2023, 18:52   #1558
BHPian

Hi guys,

I need your help on a repair price quotation by the company authorized service center.

I have a 2013 Ford Figo (petrol). I have been facing overheating issues.

The overheating indicator light comes up when the AC is on or when the traffic is heavy. The radiator fan turns on for a few seconds and then turns off for a few seconds, but this only happens when the AC is on.

The service center states that there might be a leakage in the coolant system and says that the coolant core, coolant outlet, radiator top hose, water jacket, heater hose and thermostat all need replacement at a total cost of 11000.

They also mention that the wiring has been burnt from the bottom and that the fuse box wiring harness needs to be replaced at a cost of 20000.

The service advisor has sent a few pictures of a burnt part that I’ve attached here. I have no idea what it is, probably some fuse. They talk fast so I had trouble making notes of what he was saying.

I request you to please offer some advice. I have no idea what to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-48c51cedcc0e4e05b3f1cea710ee3432.jpeg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-283e0c7e559347c39096b1c4063fcfa7.jpeg  

Old 18th August 2023, 20:32   #1559
BHPian

Did you recently change the radiator fan motor? I am asking because I recently faced similar issue on my 2015 diesel figo.
One shop changed the radiator fan motor and after that the fuse used to conk off every 4th-5th day.
Got the motor change by some other shop and issue resolved itself.
The first guy put a heavy amperage motor,not meant for my car and because of that the fuse was overheating.

Last edited by shikh_oberoi : 18th August 2023 at 20:33.
shikh_oberoi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 21:27   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
Did you recently change the radiator fan motor?…
Nope, I did not. The only recent work I got done was 3 months ago when I refilled the AC gas at a 3rd party service center (Bosch)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks