Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2021, 20:43   #1486
BANNED

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

I drive with the low beams on the OEM lamps. The LEDs are kept mounted all the time and are wired to glow in tandem with high beams. There is a switch which cuts off the LEDs from the high beams to avoid using the LEDs in the city. I use them mostly to flash at unruly oncoming traffic, especially when on dualcarriageways.

I mount my Rallye 4000s only on long drives. They are operated by seperate Wolo RC100 switch mounted under the steering. I reserve its use for rainy/foggy conditions or when cruising down dark and unlit road. I keep toggling them often and avoid dazzling the rear view mirrors of those ahead or the oncoming traffic.

For all awareness we are spreading, it is still hard to meet a car driver who dims the light at oncoming traffic or while at city. The lorry and bus drivers are times more adamant at sticking to high beams. The slew of OEM HIDs and LEDs forced me to mount the LED cubes to get my message across a while after having used the previous Hellas.

My setup is versatile enough to let me drive with stock lights alone on most of the time even with the whole array mounted and toggle the LEDs and Rallye 4000s as and when required without taking my hand off the steering wheel.

With over 95% of my driving happening by night,it is highly stressful for me to drive around with low powered stock lights.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 21st July 2021 at 20:48.
Old 25th July 2021, 01:27   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I upgraded my lights and horns in my Figo 1.5D today.

The lights were upgraded from Hella 500s to Rallye 4000s. They required fresh clamps.

Horns - I was initally running Bosch Europa and Hella Supertones(Red grills) with the stock Minda HN09. I swapped out the HN09s for the Roots Megasonics.
Looks very imposing and interesting for sure. I have two questions though. 1. Wont these mountings mess with your airbag deployment?, Insurance?
2. Whats up with your dashboard?
Old 25th July 2021, 07:02   #1488
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shourya_lahiri View Post
Looks very imposing and interesting for sure. I have two questions though. 1. Wont these mountings mess with your airbag deployment?, Insurance?

2. Whats up with your dashboard?
1.I decided to be able to see more clearly at night for the purpose of avoiding accidents. Most, if not all, of my driving happens by night out on the highways. I don't drive around to work or mall and even if I do I dont drive with these lights mounted. If we switch all the aux-lights on all the time like most of the aux-light mounted vehicle drivers do, then it is a risk. If used judiciously, they are a great safety option The 800-1200+ watts light arrays of lorries and buses make it mandatory for driving hours together at night on our highways.The 'minidors' and other sub-ton commercial vehicles are substantial threats too because these are mostly being driven by hot-blooded inexperienced drivers who have started mounting LEDs and Aux and keep them blazing all the time. I would like to keep repeating that, it was the accident I had because of poor lighting in my car when facing spruced up lights of sub-ton vehicles that made me go down this path. It is not for the purpose of waging a light war. I bear up to the high beam abuse until I get close enough to the oncoming vehicle. When I come to a point where I am totally blinded(usually happens when one is almost abreast), I flash for a few seconds after which I flick them off and keep driving with stock lights. I have a small strip of sunflim on the windscreen which shield my eyes from the wrathful high beams if I were to tilt my head slightly without interfering with the view during regular driving.

I wear seatbelts all the time. Airbags are supplementary and there are frequent land unfortunate cases of them going undeployed in many stock cars too.

Insurance is valid because, mounting aux lights is valid under MV act. I have a Dashcam too.

2. It is a towel. I spread it out to mitigate heating of the plastic dashboard. I started following it after reading about carcinogenic effects of benzene released from heated plastics in our cars.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 25th July 2021 at 07:20.
Old 25th July 2021, 07:25   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I would like to keep repeating that, it was the accident I had because of poor lighting in my car when facing spruced up lights of sub-ton vehicles that made me go down this path.
Very sorry to hear that. Yes you are right about that blazing high beams on the dual carriageway that prove to be a menace. The heart skips a beat every time a truck passes like that. Your lights look cool also btw, and i can imagine how confidence inspiring they are.

The towel thing is quite smart! I never knew how the dashboard emitted harmful gasses during summers.
shourya_lahiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 13:47   #1490
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

It seems like Ford is now offering extended warranty up to 6 years on the Figo.

I recently received this message from Ford to have my warranty extended-

Ford Figo : Official Review-smartselect_20210807182840_messages.jpg

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/extended-warranty/

Upon opening the link, I found this-

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20210806181610_chrome.jpg

While I was quite sure of not getting the 5 year warranty, but the prospect of extending it for an additional year for only 500 bucks more has got me interested in this again.

The car has been reliable so far except a minor gearbox issue in the initial few months( the gears refused to engage).

The only reason stopping me from getting the warranty extended is my stage 1 remap. That does rule out a lot of components under the coverage of extended warranty.

What do you guys suggest?
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 14:14   #1491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
What do you guys suggest?
Go for it.
I bought it last year for my Aspire. But I could hardly use the car due to the lockdown and restrictions.

Hopefully anything that has to break, will break in the next 2 months.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 13:30   #1492
BHPian

Hey,

Request: Guidance for warranty claim or permanent fix for a Gear Box issue

Car: Figo S TDCI (2018)
KMS: approx 19K KMs

Issue: The gear box is not very smooth to slot. Earlier there were 3 events when the GB declined to slot at all. Somehow with many trial and error got it to slot and drove to the service center. They mentioned some lubrication to be done and since then it has atleast slotted though not very smooth.

Currently the issue is majorly when I slot it to reverse. Also on the go, there is some difficulty to slot gears from 2nd to 3rd. The car is majorly been driven by my Dad for his travel to Pune. My worry is that, he should not get stuck in between due to it. The car is relatively new and we have been facing this issue since a year now.

The car is in warranty till Feb 2022. Please help and advice the next course of action.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 22nd August 2021 at 13:43.
Old 22nd August 2021, 14:33   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
The car is in warranty till Feb 2022. Please help and advice the next course of action.
Have you lubricated the gear shifter joints inside the box just behind the front bumper on the left side? That helps quite a bit.

Also, what did the service centre guys say about this since the issue hasn't improved?

19k kms is too early for any clutch related or gear linkage issues.
Old 22nd August 2021, 15:15   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Have you lubricated the gear shifter joints inside the box just behind the front bumper on the left side? That helps quite a bit.

Also, what did the service centre guys say about this since the issue hasn't improved?

19k kms is too early for any clutch related or gear linkage issues.
I am not sure of what the service guys did as my Dad took the car to them twice. All I could gather from him was that they lubricated the cables and said they are not able to find any other fault.

Should I get the entire Gear Box, cables and clutch assembly checked? Because though the car is 3 years old, the running has been quite low and generally wont expect it to have any major troubles.
Old 22nd August 2021, 22:21   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I am not sure of what the service guys did as my Dad took the car to them twice. All I could gather from him was that they lubricated the cables and said they are not able to find any other fault.

Should I get the entire Gear Box, cables and clutch assembly checked? Because though the car is 3 years old, the running has been quite low and generally wont expect it to have any major troubles.
It would be better to first grease the linkages again. If you can do it with a grease spray which is in can, it will be more easier.
Dirt and grime can get into that box easily if it is not sealed shut properly. You can check my thread for the post were I did the greasing.

I think that should resolve the shift smoothness.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 23:56   #1496
BHPian

Hello Team,

I need your help. Frankly, kind of feeling helpless at this moment.
This is in regards to my 2016 Ford Figo 1.5 Tdci, run almost 1.5 Lakh kms. I was previously running a Stage 1+ tune from EvoTech Motorsport + BMC Filter that I have just reverted back to stock a few thousand kms back. Only engine mod as of now is a catback straight pipe exhaust.

I don't know when this happened but probably during a regular service, someone at Ford ASC managed to damage the coupler/connector to the MAF Sensor and then taped it properly and hid it well.

I have recently gotten warning lights which when I checked via OBDII reader showed something related to the MAF sensor. I got the sensor cleaned and car worked fine again.
This error has popped up a couple of times and on inspection I now attribute it to the damaged coupler/connector.

The problem now is that changing just the coupler/connector is not possible as informed to me by the Ford ASC. (Or is it?)
The only option left is to change the wiring but getting that done from Ford ASC is beyond my level of comfort as I frankly believe they lack the techical skills to do something this delicate.

What should I do now? What do you guys suggest? How much of the wiring would need to be changed and what kind of cost am I looking it?

The error code was P2598. Its is related to the turbocharger control solenoid valve. Is the fault MAF coneector the cause for this?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Last edited by bhphog : 11th September 2021 at 00:03.
Old 11th October 2021, 05:13   #1497
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, the steering mounted button to skip to the previous track/take a call has stopped working on my 4 year old Figo. I have taken an extended warranty which is valid till 2023 August. Are these buttons covered under the extended warranty? If not, what is the tentative cost?

Attached is the document containing the list of items covered under the extended warranty. Couldn't find steering mounted buttons listed specifically.

Booklet Ford Protect.pdf
Old 19th October 2021, 19:00   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, the steering mounted button to skip to the previous track/take a call has stopped working on my 4 year old Figo. I have taken an extended warranty which is valid till 2023 August. Are these buttons covered under the extended warranty? If not, what is the tentative cost?

Attached is the document containing the list of items covered under the extended warranty. Couldn't find steering mounted buttons listed specifically.

Attachment 2217690
Hi AYP,
Yes it should be covered. I faced exactly the same issue(even the same exact button!) and got it replaced under warranty from my nearest FASS just last week.
Please talk to your FASS.
It is pretty expensive otherwise(IIRC, ~3k INR). They have quite a bit of labor to replace that button(remove airbag, panels around the steering etc to reach the button from behind. )
jayakumarkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:32   #1499
BHPian

Wolf's custom created map to take care of a 1.5L kms run, 5 year old engine which was earlier running a Stage 1 from EvoTech.
Got to say, Wolf is the real deal.
Car is up by almost 20% in power, 25% in torque while running extremely clean and cool.

Proud member of the wolfpack now!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211122-4.28.49-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by bhphog : 22nd November 2021 at 16:41.
bhphog is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 21:58   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
It seems like Ford is now offering extended warranty up to 6 years on the Figo.
Is the warranty extension upto 6 years still valid? Did you get one? My 3 years warranty would get over this February and I would like to extend it for as many years as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks