Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 12:46   #886
BANNED

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Time for the middle men to make merry, reminds me of how the enfield classic 350 bookings were sold about 4 years back when the waiting period was close to 1 year.
Yeah, I was in the queue then also. that time it was 10k.
But this, is too much. Moreover the buyer would be the second owner.
I had booked the same variant Brezza on June last and cancelled it 3 weeks ago after the price hike which resulted in 54k over the booked price.

2 weeks ago the agent called me and asked if i want to take the car. its ready.I said no thanks.
So there goes the waiting period fuss. (I was given a waiting period of 42 weeks upon the time of booking)
Old 6th September 2016, 12:57   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Moreover the buyer would be the second owner.
I think the seller would sell only the booking(as per delivery) and not the car as such. Do not know if the dealer allows to sell the bookings. But, to me it looks like a similar case to that of Theatre owners selling the tickets in black to earn extra moolah.

Well, the waiting period would remain till the Gujarat plant opens, the initial rush of demand subsides(which is never in case of Maruti).
Old 6th September 2016, 13:03   #888
Senior - BHPian

I chanced upon the Brezza in Dubai and had to do a double take! The lights looked different, with sharp and edgy design. It's a tad longer than 4 meters giving it the right design proportions, but interior space remains the same. And, its simply called VITARA.

So there is the VITARA and there is the bigger Grand Vitara. But what impresses the most is the never ending equipment list and 4WD options. Sign of things headed to India, perhaps! I quickly took snaps of the limited brochure available - Mods, please delete if its inappropriate on this page.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vitara-1.png  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vitara-2.png  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vitara-3.png  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vitara-4.png  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vitara-5.png  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 13:05   #889
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I think the seller would sell only the booking(as per delivery) and not the car as such. Do not know if the dealer allows to sell the bookings.
The dealer will invoice it in the booked name only. I had talked with them for giving my booking to my college mate. The guy at the showroom is a friend of mine and he said this can be done by writing a letter. but later he said this cant be done when he contacted his sales manager or someone.
ysak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 10:01   #890
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Here comes the most interesting issue. I have posted it in the thread a few days back as well. The wiper does a single wipe in auto mode when the car hits a pothole.
Happens to the best of them & may not be due to cost cutting. Even in my Mercedes C220, the wiper used to do a single sweep after hitting a bad pothole. If the pothole was more severe, the doors would unlock too (crash sensor probably).

This behaviour was consistent over the 1+ lakh km that we owned the car.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 12:16   #891
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on when we can expect a petrol variant and AT (in either petrol or diesel) ?
Old 8th September 2016, 14:28   #892
BHPian

^^ yes, much awaited seriously . and hopefully petrol motor with proper AT option gets launched soon.
Old 8th September 2016, 16:24   #893
BANNED

Can we expect a transmission system like the following in brezza:

1. No clutch pedal
2. Gear lever with 3 positions: forward, neutral and reverse
3. Shift using paddle shifters, and no automatic mode.

Won't such a system be more cost-effective than a.m.t. and give the easiness of driving compared to manuals, and almost similar to automatics?
Old 8th September 2016, 18:51   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I chanced upon the Brezza in Dubai and had to do a double take! The lights looked different, with sharp and edgy design. It's a tad longer than 4 meters giving it the right design proportions, but interior space remains the same. And, its simply called VITARA.

So there is the VITARA and there is the bigger Grand Vitara. But what impresses the most is the never ending equipment list and 4WD options. Sign of things headed to India, perhaps! I quickly took snaps of the limited brochure available - Mods, please delete if its inappropriate on this page.
It is the new Vitara which is on sale in other markets. See the details from Suzuki UK site

Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vitara-2.png  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vitara-1.png  

Last edited by rajeev k : 8th September 2016 at 18:52.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 22:17   #895
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
It is the new Vitara which is on sale in other markets. See the details from Suzuki UK site

Sadly these specs will never come in here because here people want form over functionality and at the best price possible...
This mentality won't change in a hurry and Maruti Suzuki India is busy catering mostly to the mass market.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:44   #896
BHPian

Suddenly salivating on a Brezza

Imagine a 1.6 l AWD brezza... (4 ms or not doesn't matter)

It would do wonders to the MS brand as the GT did to the VW brand
Old 9th September 2016, 12:48   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Imagine a 1.6 l AWD brezza... (4 ms or not doesn't matter)

It would do wonders to the MS brand as the GT did to the VW brand
You might see it here on the international Vitara speculated to be launched through Nexa, but at a premium price
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 10:54   #898
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
I had booked the same variant Brezza on June last and cancelled it 3 weeks ago after the price hike which resulted in 54k over the booked price.

2 weeks ago the agent called me and asked if i want to take the car. its ready.I said no thanks.
So there goes the waiting period fuss. (I was given a waiting period of 42 weeks upon the time of booking)
A friend of mine had booked Brezza ZDi White on July end and he would be getting his car tomorrow.

So the waiting periods are very much down now i guess.
Old 20th September 2016, 16:00   #899
BHPian

I got delivery of my Brezza ZDi on 12-Aug after booking on 20-Apr. I was unfortunately not able to travel outside Pune city since she arrived. I had filled a tankful of diesel upon getting delivery, and filled again today. Saw an astonishing average of 25 kmpl by the tank-to-tank method - for my daily 12+12 km commute to office. I do come in and go early, before the rush hour - but this is great economy for a city runabout. So this kind of average is possible with steady driving. The MID shows an average of 20.4 - so the real figure seems to be much higher.

Overall I have had a trouble free experience first month. I have switched from a low slung Fiat Palio MJD - so it took me some time to adjust to this new higher driving position. Also the suspension is quite firm, and with the larger wheel diameter, it does track all undulations on the road at low speeds, especially when you are driving alone. With a full 4 passenger load and higher speeds the suspension feels very stable and well damped. The steering though cannot be compared to a Fiat, but is alright and one feels in control at all times. I do not find that the low-end-torque is a big issue in the Brezza, it can happily pull along in 3rd gear in most city conditions. Also I am still sticking to driving below 2000 rpm for the first 1000 km as a running-in ritual. Overall I am happy with my decision to get a Brezza ZDi.
Old 20th September 2016, 16:24   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
I had filled a tankful of diesel upon getting delivery, and filled again today. Saw an astonishing average of 25 kmpl by the tank-to-tank method - for my daily 12+12 km commute to office.
Wow. Wonderful fuel economy . Generally it's observed that the actual fuel economy is 1-2 KM/L less than what the MID indicates. Hope the calculation is perfect in your case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks