Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2018, 07:07   #1291

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Brezza indeed would tick most of the requirement of a typical Indian customer. Though looks are subjective, it appeals to the majority because of its stance, road presence and overall reliability. It comfortably sits 3 healthy adults in the rear. It provides excellent visibility all round and the big wide 16" deal with most of the roads pretty well. Initial turbo lag is a known aspect for the 1.3 DDiS engine below 1500 RPM, thereafter the turbo kicks in and it is brilliant to drive. Even at high speeds it's quite stable. AC is very effective even in extreme summers. The top end is feature loaded. In terms of mileage, no car in its segment comes close.

Therefore, I don't quite agree with you when you say it is sans driving pleasure. I have been driving one since last 1.5 years and don't feel that it lacks driving pleasure. Of course, it can't be said to be an enthusiasts car like a Abarth or a GT TSi around the same range, but it is not meant to be so as well. It really does well what it is meant to do.
Sire,

When i said, that i just meant it was not as driver friendly and confidence inspiring as the ecosport and the nexon.That has not much to do with the power or the turbolag but everything to do with the steering. Anyways, that can bother you only when you drive them back to back. Now when i drive this alone it feels good. As i mentioned at the later part..now loving it!

cheers,
theREDcamero.
Old 3rd March 2018, 10:14   #1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Has anyone felt the leverage required to close the doors in the Breeza is somewhat a bit less? When i went for the TD i felt the door could have had a grab hole at the back along with the grab handle at the front. Somehow I felt a bit uncomfortable in closing the doors from the inside
Sir,

Yes sir yes. This uniquely poor ergonomics has made me slam the door again to close more than just a few times. I also found the door a bit funny to close, even from the outside, have to push it a bit hard (no pun intended). I got a feeling it could be due to the heavy beading in the door and the frame, is it?
Old 3rd March 2018, 11:11   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDcamero View Post
Sir,
made me slam the door again to close more than just a few times. I also found the door a bit funny to close, even from the outside, have to push it a bit hard (no pun intended).
This is a known issue with MS Vitara Breeza. I discussed this issue with MASS. They explained that it happens because of air inside the cabin. It was a strange explanation. However, I think this issue is observed only in new VBs. After two or three months of usage, I found the issue was solved (Or, Now I am used to it.)
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 13:11   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I experienced it for the first time during a tight overtaking manoeuvre, I was going at 1200 rpm in 3rd, shifted to 2nd for the overtake, floored the pedal & was waiting for the turbo to spool in its full glory & make me grin but I was absolutely shocked once the engine reached approx 1900 rpm. It gave up on me as if I lifted my foot from the accelerator. Fortunately, there was no other vehicle behind the one I was overtaking, I break-ed hard & went behind the slow moving vehicle. Everything was normal after this close escape. I tapped the accelerator gently & the car responded.
I faced a similar issue in my Palio MJD when the car was relatively new in 2009. It happened in the exact same fashion as yours although the no response zone was for about a second and suddenly all of a sudden everything seemed normal. There was no way I was able to practically show it to the service center guys as it never happened during a trial drive with them.

One of the mechanic suggested that it could be possibly due to dust on the CPU unit which sits just behind the engine bay. He cleaned it using some spray and asked me to do it once in 15 days. This was just a hit and trial method. Fortunately I only tried it once after 15 days and forgot about it and till date my Palio MJD never had this problem again.
Old 3rd March 2018, 16:25   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
This is a known issue with MS Vitara Breeza. I discussed this issue with MASS. They explained that it happens because of air inside the cabin. It was a strange explanation. However, I think this issue is observed only in new VBs. After two or three months of usage, I found the issue was solved (Or, Now I am used to it.)

I have experienced this since the date of purchase with the front passenger door. Closing it either from inside or outside requires a bit more effort as compared to any of the other doors. This issue seems to have been raised in the official review as well. This continues in my car even after more than 1.5 years of ownership. However, I have got used to it and never actually bothered to take it up with MASS.
Old 6th March 2018, 23:26   #1296
BANNED

My 3 months old Brezza has run 3000km, Easily got used to the initial turbo lag but the main negative point of brezza is its ride quality its a downgrade from my Chevrolet spark and Maruti Ritz, tried reducing psi to 31 but not much difference.
I am surprised that many are stating ride quality as above average even in team-bhp official review! Every small bump is felt inside, the kind of feeling you get while driving a vehicle with over inflated tyres.

I have a 10 year old spark, compared to brezza it handles small road undulation and uneven roads very well i am surprised!! Will Tyre upgrade do any good?
splitsecond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 07:36   #1297
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza is speculated to get a new 1.5 petrol engine. The engine will also be seen in the face-lift Ciaz.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th March 2018 at 07:39.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2018, 08:02   #1298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vitara Brezza is speculated to get a new 1.5 petrol engine. The engine will also be seen in the face-lift Ciaz.

Link
Speculations have been going on for quite some time. This report itself feels like hearsay, nothing concrete. Everything is speculated, even the mileage. The engine figures are from the NA 1.5L S-Cross exported from India to other Asian countries. As far as I was told by someone close to this program, Petrol in Brezza is still away. I might be wrong but I'll take this news with loads of salt.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 09:29   #1299
Senior - BHPian

My parked MS Vitara Breeza got banged by someone at A'bad Airport Parking. Parking area's watchman wasn't aware of this. He offered me to check CCTV footage but I was in hurry so came back home.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-2.jpg

1. Would it be wise to claim insurance and get the bumper repainted and fender repaired/replaced or should I get the repair and paint job done without reporting in order to save on No Claim Bonus?

2. What is the approx cost for such a repair and paint job if done by MASS?

3. Since the bumper is also damaged, is it repairable or do I have to get it replaced?
Old 9th March 2018, 10:00   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My parked MS Vitara Breeza got banged by someone at A'bad Airport Parking. Parking area's watchman wasn't aware of this. He offered me to check CCTV footage but I was in hurry so came back home.

Attachment 1739714

Attachment 1739715

1. Would it be wise to claim insurance and get the bumper repainted and fender repaired/replaced or should I get the repair and paint job done without reporting in order to save on No Claim Bonus?

3. Since the bumper is also damaged, is it repairable or do I have to get it replaced?
OK, something similar happened with my Ertiga over last week end. It was parked in basement of my office. Parking was empty but still while going home I saw a dent and big scratch in right side fender. Some two wheeler had banged.
I checked with security but they are hopeless with no clues. Or this may have been done by some off duty security guard himself while going home.
I got it replaced with MASS by using my insurance. The NCB concept is good but it is not so heavy that it should prevent you from using your insurance. The cost was 5K plus for the entire work but I had to pay only 1725. Even if you get NCB of 2K on a car of this size, you are still saving some money in my opinion. Brezza is no difference.
Best is to use the insurance for any damage which exceeds the NCB by good amount.
rajivtelang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 10:11   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I do not see paint being affected here as it seems like some aberrations on the upper most layer which should be addressed by buffing and polishing as the damage seem to have been taken by the fibre part of the bumper. Therefore, I’d suggest get it rectified by visiting trusted local dent repair shop in your city who’d get you this done. As for the part that’s come out, it’s just a tap that should restore it to its previous glory. I should admit our Brezza has bit of flimsy material used in few areas. My local mechanic showed me the clamps that’s used to bring different parts together in Brezza. They use clip system to keep them together. Maruti is trying to keep things simple but it’s got down the quality to a greater extent IMHO.

Quote:
If it’s done through a local dent repair shop, should be done below 3k. Atleast to my experience from getting a similar repair done on my Baleno from a local dent repair shop on bumpers.

Quote:
Repairable is what I can observe by looking at the pics.

Last edited by gururajrv : 9th March 2018 at 10:13.
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 14:45   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Best is to use the insurance for any damage which exceeds the NCB by good amount.
Thank for your Input Rajiv. I visited a local bodywork shop and they quoted Rs.250 for this repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Therefore, I’d suggest get it rectified by visiting trusted local dent repair shop in your city who’d get you this done.

If it’s done through a local dent repair shop, should be done below 3k.
Yes. I visited a local bodywork shop. He told me that I am panicking just because its a new car otherwise this is a minor dent and it"ll be repaired in 30 minutes. He quoted Rs.250 for this job.

Quote:
I should admit our Brezza has bit of flimsy material used in few areas.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Speculations have been going on for quite some tim.

Dear BoneCollector.

I read your comment in another thread. I think it will be helpful for other Brezza owners, so I am posting my query here.

Quote:
1. For peace of mind knowing that I have the same tyre in my boot and need not be worried about handling of the car when running on spare tyre. I seldom cross 100kmph in my part of India.
As you mentioned, you bought an alloy rim for your spare tyre. My question is, will that spare tyre with alloy rim fit in spare tyre's space in Brezza's boot?

I am also thinking to buy an alloy rim for my spare tyre and was sceptical about accommodating it in spare tyre's space. If possible, can you share a photograph of it?

Last edited by Zappo : 12th March 2018 at 15:03. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Old 12th March 2018, 14:43   #1303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As you mentioned, you bought an alloy rim for your spare tyre. My question is, will that spare tyre with alloy rim fit in spare tyre's space in Brezza's boot?
If possible, can you share a photograph of it?
The alloy fits perfectly into the gap. Even the plastic nut holding the spare wheel can be tightened easily and it holds the alloy in place. The styrofoam jack and other holder also stays in place. The board covers it like normal, no rattle at all. I can upload snap later.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th March 2018 at 14:45.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 20:04   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The alloy fits perfectly into the gap. Even the plastic nut holding the spare wheel can be tightened easily and it holds the alloy in place. The styrofoam jack and other holder also stays in place. The board covers it like normal, no rattle at all. I can upload snap later.
That shows that it is pure cost cutting, rather than accomodating the same size tyre. The usual answer given by Sales rep or RM is to save on space, but in reality it is to save on Money for the Company
Old 18th March 2018, 23:29   #1305
Senior - BHPian

MS Vitara Breeza Vs Ford Ecosports Vs TaTa Nexon.

Quote:
If you own one of these, remember, momentum is the key and so is patience. Take it easy, get used to the vehicle and make sure you have a good spotter – a person who is walking outside besides the vehicle to warn you of obstacles.

You can, however, be sure that these three are*perfectly capable of handling our worst roads*and even an occasional, careful trip into mildly harsh terrain where no roads exist. Stay within their limits, and they will keep you happy.
Full Article : https://www.cartoq.com/compact-suv-o...ford-ecosport/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks