Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2016, 10:41   #541
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

the hailstorm damage is atrocious. I have a 2009 i20 and I just went through a hailstorm in delhi about a week back. I can confim there was 3-4 cm hailstones. I dont have a single pockmark.
This one picture has completely left a bad taste in my mouth - forget about hailstones. Driving on old delhi gurgaon road will throw up stones from the car in front of you.

In fact, my windhshield has two stones lodged in them - but havent shattered in almost 2 years. I dont know if this is the intended strength of the car, or it is suffereing because of manufacturing pressure - but these dents are very worrying.
Old 28th May 2016, 11:46   #542
BHPian

Incidentally, what's the mileage everyone's been getting ? Suzuki has been found guilty of lying about mileage and pollution numbers - http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/in...s-Sorry/229052

Brezza has not been mentioned, but its a recent launch. The Swift, Baleno and S-Cross numbers have been found fradulent.
Old 28th May 2016, 12:41   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
Incidentally, what's the mileage everyone's been getting ? Suzuki has been found guilty of lying about mileage and pollution numbers - http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/in...s-Sorry/229052

Brezza has not been mentioned, but its a recent launch. The Swift, Baleno and S-Cross numbers have been found fradulent.
The same article you mentioned above, goes on to say
Quote:
Note – The above issues do not apply to products sold under Suzuki badge outside Japan. Maruti Suzuki India has revealed that the cars sold in India are not affected.
Also, in India the mileage is calculate by ARAI in govt. labs - by ARAI personnel, so this does not apply to India. Some more details on this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ncy-tests.html

These are lab numbers, and hence won't be anywhere even close to real-world numbers. But we can use it to compare with other vehicles in India tested on the exactly same parameters by ARAI
Old 28th May 2016, 12:43   #544
BHPian

Quote:
the hailstorm damage is atrocious. I have a 2009 i20 and I just went through a hailstorm in delhi about a week back. I can confim there was 3-4 cm hailstones. I dont have a single pockmark.
This one picture has completely left a bad taste in my mouth - forget about hailstones. Driving on old delhi gurgaon road will throw up stones from the car in front of you.

In fact, my windhshield has two stones lodged in them - but havent shattered in almost 2 years. I dont know if this is the intended strength of the car, or it is suffereing because of manufacturing pressure - but these dents are very worrying.
Our windshield got a crack within few weeks. Very unfortunate. Messed up the interior panels. They even sprayed a cleaning fluid which softened the roof. What a series of bad luck. Some Flies made made it through into the taillamp.:
Old 28th May 2016, 12:45   #545
BHPian

Quote:

It's not correct to compare hailstorm marks even if cars are parked side by side. Hailstorm intensity varies to great extend within a small distance as the size of the hailstones are so different and not uniform.
Old 28th May 2016, 20:11   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti to ramp up production of Vitara Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
They have finally succeeded in selling a million rupee car after the failed experiment with Kizashi.
It has been more than a year that they have been successful in selling a million rupee car, the Ciaz. It has been doing an average of 5000 units every month over the past 15 months.
Old 28th May 2016, 21:43   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The Maruti Vitara Brezza

What you’ll like:

• 1.3L 89 BHP diesel is quick as well as fuel-efficient

This review has been jointly compiled with GTO. Thanks to him for the expert observations!

Dear Mods,

In Ciaz review, you have stated that the engine lacks in performance. Ciaz being a lighter and more aerodynamically superior car, is faster than the brezza and runs on the same engine.

True that your comparison was with VW 1.6 and Hyundai's 1.6, but people get an impression that the DDIS200 is inadequate, which it clearly isnt.

PS: Sorry for the back to back posts. Mods, pls merge them.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 28th May 2016 at 21:45.
Old 29th May 2016, 08:55   #548

on a new topic note, i have an old maruti 800 with royal sundaram of ncb 50%, but sold it and yet to do the transfer. I am going to get the new brezza in 1st week of june. The dealer is not ready to take up and work on the ncb for the new maruti tied up insurance. So i have told him that i will take my own insurance. Guys please help me, if i can go for royal insurance itself. I called their help line and confirmed that they online insurance can be in done in few minutes and soft copy is enough for registration purposes.
Old 29th May 2016, 09:00   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Dear Mods,

In Ciaz review, you have stated that the engine lacks in performance. Ciaz being a lighter and more aerodynamically superior car, is faster than the brezza and runs on the same engine.

True that your comparison was with VW 1.6 and Hyundai's 1.6, but people get an impression that the DDIS200 is inadequate, which it clearly isnt.

Prasanna, i believe the comparison drawn in Ciaz's review is with honda city and Hyundai Verna. Both of which are better in terms of power delivery and drivability hands down. That doesn't mean that DDis 200 is inadequate. The comparison drawn was that Ciaz being a premium sedan could have done with a bigger engine, or atleast optional 320 DDis could have been given like in SCross.
Old 29th May 2016, 11:16   #550
BHPian

Just completed close to three weeks of driving on my Maruti Brezza Vdi (O). It's been a 50:50 mix of city and highway driving, closing on to around 1200 Kms.

I acknowledge the natural tendency to justify your choices in hindsight, i.e. we like the cars we own because we bought them in the first place. But having said that I'm very happy with the car. It qualifies the two crucial tests of ownership for me:

(a) I look for excuses to drive even in Delhi traffic, whereas before this for three years after returning from the US taking my my Nissan Micra out anywhere was a chore. Driving the Brezza is - for me- calm inducing, I take my time, don't bother or mind being cut off (happens rarely). Whereas on the Micra I was always nervy, jostling for space, and perpetually irritated. Perhaps the new welcome sensation will also go in a few months, but in the meantime I'm enjoying myself.

(b) Every time I get out of the car I can't resist looking back with pride/ admiration. For most of you that should be self- explanatory, but for those who're not familiar with a this rule of ownership here goes - If you don't catch yourself looking back at a newly acquired car every time you walk away from it, it's probably not a car you should be owning.
C'estlavie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 20:02   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Mods,

Dear Prasanna,

My experience- Even if the engine is same the state of troque and fuel delivery (commonly called as fuel map) is different for different vehicles

Eg- the Amaze and the City have the same calibration. But the M&M vehicles sharing a common engine (eg 2.5l bolero in its multiple variants) shares a different calibration for its models.

So unless we compare with numbers, it is unlikely that we would reach a conclusion as "feels" is a highly subjective term.

Any body having Ciaz & Brzzas - 0-100 timings can post it up on the forum.

This will end the debate.
Old 29th May 2016, 20:23   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post

Any body having Ciaz & Brzzas - 0-100 timings can post it up on the forum.

This will end the debate.
Ciaz does a ton from 0kmph in 11.2 seconds. That was a vbox reading from motorbeam review.
Same portal did a vbox testing on brezza, which took 13.33 seconds to a ton.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 29th May 2016 at 20:25. Reason: added content
Old 29th May 2016, 20:26   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ciaz does a ton from 0kmph in 11.2 seconds. That was a vbox reading from motorbeam or autocar review, not sure which portal.

Vitara Brezza's timings.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-capture.jpg

Ciaz diesel SHVS ZDi+ timing,

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-od.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-400717,0.aspx

http://overdrive.in/reviews/maruti-s...d-test-review/

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th May 2016 at 20:40.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 20:39   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

The screenshot. There is a video of brezza's 0-100 in motorbeam channel in youtube. But for a SUV, 13 seconds is quick indeed! Overdrive puts Ciaz at 12.9 seconds and Brezza at 13.8 seconds and ecosport at 13.2 seconds.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-wp_ss_20160529_0001.png  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-wp_ss_20160529_0002.png  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-wp_ss_20160529_0003.png  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-wp_ss_20160529_0004.png  

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 29th May 2016 at 20:58.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 21:30   #555
BHPian

Are Brezza owners sticking to the current seating material or considering new covers? I'm not sure whether I should even think of a new option or keep it as is. The fake/ faux leather seem to have issues with breathing/ air transfer, leather is too expensive for me at this stage, which leaves the micro fibre. I'm even thinking cloth/ jute at this stage. Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks