Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 07:31   #436
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Spotted a red black car yesterday, it looks great. I would have booked one if they had an AT. Getting XUV500 AT instead.
Old 12th May 2016, 09:03   #437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Same is the case for Ecosport as well, imo. For me, the dual tone brezza is a wow, at least. Ecosport looks good, but not wow for me. The quality and handling are better in ecosport, but not wow. The space is good in brezza, better than ecosport. The boot is good in ecosport, larger than brezza.
Yup. Only the dual tone Brezza stands out. The other colours are quite dull. I like the red and black especially.

I prefer the stand out styling of the Ecosport vs the safer styling of Brezza.

The Ecosport is not perfect as well but has some wow elements which is what makes it stand out. Space wise, I actually found the front seats more accommodating in the Ecosport vs the smaller seats of the Brezza.

The wow factors for me in the Ecosport were the build quality and solid feel from the time you open the doors, interior styling, equipment like leather seats and most importantly 6 airbags. These were standout features that really impressed. Apart from the above there are many small features that you discover and appreciate.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 14:07   #438
BHPian

I just saw this today. I wonder if there is a similarity or shared design. The Ssangyong vehicle is quite remarkably similar.

ambivalent_98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:57   #439
BHPian

Well, got my car back from the first service and the odo reads 1200kms now.
Few pointers on my take
  • coming from a swift petrol driver (which I still love taking out) it was very tough to cope up with the turbo lag initially. However when you work around the gears and learn to keep it in the right range between your shifts it is an ease to cope up with the lag. Have kept it below 2k rpm and will ne pushing it between 2-2.5k for next 1K. Which of course will make it more fun!
  • Driving it in the traffic! Well, it would be tough I thought given the lag. But you get used to handle it and in second it handles the traffic with breeze and I'm surprised how easy it has been to maneuver it.
  • Dead pedal on my highway run was bliss, however I feel it's too close to the clutch lever to my liking. Get's annoying during frequent shifts.
  • The music system on zdi comes with 4 speakers and the age old head unit. I wasn't expecting much from the stalk and had the plans to get components and an amp fixed. However, I was surprised! After playing around with settings and setting up the HU. I am more than satisfied with the output and I do not feel the necessity to upgrade it yet!
    Bluetooth functionality might be a little annoying to setup initially, once connected works just fine and the calls do not drop if the car turns off. However, the music system does! (Tiago's system is best I have seen on any car in recent).
  • Air con is just amazing! In the scorching heat of bangalore this year, it kept us cool with an ease even at low fan speeds.
  • The flip seats are very handy in the tight parking spaces to get the stuff out from the boot. They function well.
    The under seat storage, under the front passenger seat is a little flimsy doesn't get locked easily.

Will be getting a 3MCR70 on my wind shields, as the cooling gets uneven due to the sun.
I want a black roof, folks back at home don't! Still fighting over to come to a conclusion.

All in all, I am happy with the car and yes it does grab attention on road. Even though most of the people don't agree to this fact. But, I have been asked about it by a few on goers and also have been requested by few people to look inside.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 20:22   #440
Senior - BHPian

Went for a test drive of the Ciaz today and enquired about the Brezza. They are quoting a minimum wait time of 27 weeks with the ZDi+ variant's waiting time being quoted as 39 weeks!!!

And the representative was saying bookings are still open. I thought they would be closed by now.
Old 13th May 2016, 22:24   #441
Senior - BHPian

Wonder why MUL is not launching Brezza with AMT. The only compact SUV with auto box is Creta. An AMT Brezza is what the market needs right now, given the huge price difference between the two. And , unlike M&M, Maruti's AMTs are very sorted. I drove two Dzire diesel AMTs and a Celerio AMT and they were almost like torque converter.
Old 13th May 2016, 23:22   #442
BHPian

I had booked brezza ZDI within a week of official launch.

I got a call from my SA that I have been allotted a car and it would reach them in 2-3 days. But, there's a problem. While booking, I had mentioned that I'll be getting it financed via Bank Loan, and now I have decided for company lease. The dealer is refusing to change the booking from bank financing to company lease - apparently Maruti doesn't allow change of name (from mine to my employer's). For company lease, the car is to be booked in my employer's name. I've waited 2 months for getting the car. I can't cancel and go for a fresh booking as the waiting period now is close to 4-5 months !

Anybody been through the same scenario and knows a solution for this? I'd really appreciate if anybody can share any contacts in maruti. I have sent an email to their general email address. Lets see how it goes. Sorry for the
Old 14th May 2016, 00:46   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Wonder why MUL is not launching Brezza with AMT. The only compact SUV with auto box is Creta. An AMT Brezza is what the market needs right now, given the huge price difference between the two. And , unlike M&M, Maruti's AMTs are very sorted. I drove two Dzire diesel AMTs and a Celerio AMT and they were almost like torque converter.

Duster has a AMT version now too.

Maruti hasn't offered AMT so far in their 'premium' category vehicles so far. Wonder why. Perhaps they will offer a CVT petrol instead, like in case of Baleno.

But, if AMT is reliable for bigger cars, it would make sense for Brezza at 30-50K more.
Old 14th May 2016, 13:12   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
I had booked brezza ZDI within a week of official launch.

I got a call from my SA that I have been allotted a car and it would reach them in 2-3 days. But, there's a problem. While booking, I had mentioned that I'll be getting it financed via Bank Loan, and now I have decided for company lease. The dealer is refusing to change the booking from bank financing to company lease - apparently Maruti doesn't allow change of name (from mine to my employer's). For company lease, the car is to be booked in my employer's name. I've waited 2 months for getting the car. I can't cancel and go for a fresh booking as the waiting period now is close to 4-5 months !
Within a week and within a day makes a lot of difference. Our Vehicle arrived in 3 weeks, even before the dealers own TD vehicle.

Unfortunately u can't change a thing in the booking. Even if u change the colour you will end up being last in the que of entire booking. Our blue ZDi came along with a red black ZDi+. Initially they had vehicles ready and You could change but now it will cost you months.

Our replacement windshield hasn't arrived for more than a week now. Will they be able to get close to factory fit? What precautions should I take?
Old 14th May 2016, 17:49   #445

After the introduction, I had to start off my TBHP journey from this thread. Will take delivery of my Brezza on 17th May. I booked a Red Zdi variant.

Before that, just want to share few pics of a Blue Vdi variant which was on display at my dealer's showroom. I quite loved the overall appearance of the car with the black carbon fibre finish roof standing out. The dealer quoted a price of 69k for all the accessories.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-image.jpeg

I'm very much inclined to go for the black carbon fibre on my Red Brezza but the only downside to it is if not maintained well, it looks dull and shabby. Let's see what my heart decides in the end. Will post pics soon.
Gunner1591 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 20:18   #446
BHPian

Quote:

Anybody been through the same scenario and knows a solution for this? I'd really appreciate if anybody can share any contacts in maruti. I have sent an email to their general email address. Lets see how it goes. Sorry for the
How about waiting for the currently booked car to reach your dealership and then cancelling the booking ? Then they can manipulate the details. Directly approach the head incharge of the dealership. I've seen the SA refuse things which are actually possible.
Old 14th May 2016, 20:36   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
How about waiting for the currently booked car to reach your dealership and then cancelling the booking ? Then they can manipulate the details. Directly approach the head incharge of the dealership. I've seen the SA refuse things which are actually possible.
The car is supposed to reach the dealer's yard in a day or two. I spoke to the Head of Sales in-charge. They asked me to write to them an email. I did so, and they forwarded it to Maruti. They're telling me now that its not possible. Apparently, Maruti is not allowing this change of name. Now, I have directly sent an email to Maruti, asking them to intervene. I'll also call up the Maruti regional office on Monday and see if they can allow this name change.
I've already waited 2 months, and don't have the patience to wait for another 4 months :(
Old 14th May 2016, 21:01   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner1591 View Post
Before that, just want to share few pics of a Blue Vdi variant which was on display at my dealer's showroom. I quite loved the overall appearance of the car with the black carbon fibre finish roof standing out. The dealer quoted a price of 69k for all the accessories.
The blue black combination looks very good. If you have more pics of this please share, i want to see the front side finish as well. Thanks!
Old 14th May 2016, 22:03   #449
BHPian

Quote:
The car is supposed to reach the dealer's yard in a day or two. I spoke to the Head of Sales in-charge. They asked me to write to them an email. I did so, and they forwarded it to Maruti. They're telling me now that its not possible. Apparently, Maruti is not allowing this change of name. Now, I have directly sent an email to Maruti, asking them to intervene. I'll also call up the Maruti regional office on Monday and see if they can allow this name change.
I've already waited 2 months, and don't have the patience to wait for another 4 months :(
Just wait for the vehicle to reach the dealer and then act. What would they do with it if you cancel the booking late. There will be an extra vehicle with them which you can buy. Do you have any known people at the dealership?
Old 14th May 2016, 23:52   #450
BHPian

As per an article on CarDekho, the Brezza has received over 50,000 bookings and now has a waiting period of 6 months! The car also sold twice as much as the Ford Ecosport in the month of April. Do you folks really think it deserves such great numbers? I mean, it's a decent product but then what's so special about it that people are actually willing to wait as long as 6 months for the vehicle! No offense meant to any owners or perspective buyers. I would personally prefer the Ecosport any day when compared to Brezza.

Quote:
India's largest automaker, Maruti Suzuki, has received over fifty thousand bookings for the sub 4-metre compact SUV. The result? Waiting periods now extend to as much as six months!
Source: CarDekho

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks